Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Westworld (HBO miniseries)

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    But the payoff of both arcs and everything they've earned is mitigated by the fact of the others achievement and furthermore by its coincidental timing.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    They released the Westworld soundtrack with the various piano covers, folks.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Boy Meets Westworld

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Oh god, the terrible haircut every 9 out of 10 blonde kids had in the '90s. *PTSD eye twitches.*

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Finally caught up. Glad I binged this instead of watching every week and opening myself up to potential spoilers (I thought I was ruined by a few of them, but happily not as it turned out). It was almost everything I was hoping a big HBO sci-fi show could be.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Comic-Con Season 2 trailer

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Seeing Evan kill off some people is just.... orgasmic.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    For you or for her? Jesus she is giving that horse a solid good thrusting

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Season 2 production halted after main cast member has serious injury off set.

Out of privacy they're not saying who it is...Ed Harris, maybe?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I think I did not enjoy this show as much as some people did. There were some moments, but other than that its whatever. My wife loved it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    TOO fucking good. It looks like they're gonna cover a LOT of ground this season.

And that piano cover version of "Heart-Shaped Box" is fucking beautiful, as their covers always are.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    This is going to be fucking incredible.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I've listened to that cover so many times now. So good. THREE WEEKS. <3

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Just finished season one and what an accomplishment this show is in storytelling and execution with the material at hand. I watched an episode a night, or every other night so not binge watching helped what I had seen sink in. The time jumping is very well done once you pick up on it, and Anthony Hopkins is so good here. There are so many thought-provoking aspects from each character; seeing them slowly fleshed out making a ten episode series feel a bit more stretched out for the better. Once everything comes together in the end, it makes you want to watch it all over again. A show hasn't impacted me this much as this has in a long time.

More Westworld is good for everybody. Season two looks insane.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    ...and we're back, season 2 is here. Does it look like anything to you?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    Does it look like anything to you?
    It looks like a lot to me. So many stories to follow: Dolores, William, Maeve and her posse *giggles*. And of course Bernard. We need to talk about Bernie.

Spoiler: And Stubbs is alive? How is he alive? I thought he had died in episode 9 of the first season. And I thought Dolores had broken William's right arm; he got over that quickly. And Lee almost being eaten by his own cannibalistic creation was so much fun.

I want more!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    It looks like a lot to me. So many stories to follow: Dolores, William, Maeve and her posse *giggles*. And of course Bernard. We need to talk about Bernie.

Spoiler: And Stubbs is alive? How is he alive? I thought he had died in episode 9 of the first season. And I thought Dolores had broken William's right arm; he got over that quickly. And Lee almost being eaten by his own cannibalistic creation was so much fun.

I want more!
    Spoiler: Stubbs was tackled by the native looking guys and then the screen had cut out. They left his fate up in the air until this season where we see him alive, and the same looking men dead that Bernie sees. So we have yet to find out how he survived. I thought the same thing with Will's arm, and wasn't he standing in front of dozens of them after he got shot? He woke up under some dude lol.

This season picked right up where it left off. It was nothing outstanding, but it was solid nonetheless with Dolores becoming so driven and fierce. They brushed up on almost everything... Very satisfying watch. Spoiler: the that scene with the Young Ford and his voice mixed with young and old Ford... Fucking creepy.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Very, VERY unhappy with the countless articles containing straight-up spoilers for season 2 IN the headline. Like, fuck, guys. The season started YESTERDAY and I've already been spoiled on three things that probably would have otherwise surprised and puzzled the fuck out of me. Thanks. Hope you got all the clicks you wanted.

That said, restarting my HBO subscription to keep up with this show. I'm so glad to see it's back more or less as strong as it ended last season. Gonna watch tonight!

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    ugh I wanna watch... I'm trying to get my fiancé caught up so we can watch together.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    It was GREAT, wasn't it? I don't really know what's happening and I like that. By the way, not really a spoiler, but Spoiler: Anthony Hophins looks a bit younger now, doesn't he? ;-) Well played, jolly good.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    the first episode is great, but JESUS the timeline can be hard to follow.
    there's just no way to tell for sure when the events are happening.
    i mean, i guess it's because of the nature of the first season that i'm sitting here thinking "did this happen after season 1? during? before?"

i'm sure that's on purpose though

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    So after rewatching this thing and also a breakdown of season 1, I am pretty damn sure that Spoiler: Ford is around there somewhere. He's definitely one of the hosts.

And also Spoiler: there is a replicant holding a baby in the opening of the show now. This could just be about Maeve's love for her daughter who ISN'T real which raises philosophical questions. But she also might be real somehow, a la Blade Runner 2049.

And finally, I read an article pointing out that Spoiler: there was a blink -and-you'll -miss-it scene showing multiple inanimate bernards. And Bernard has a scar on his head in some scenes and doesn't in others.

I think this show is fucking incredible and may prove to be unrivaled in the stoking theories department.
    Last edited by elevenism; 04-27-2018 at 08:49 AM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Check out this Bernard Theory.

i'm not so sure about all these theories, but there is certainly indisputable evidence of one part of it.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Check out this Bernard Theory.

i'm not so sure about all these theories, but there is certainly indisputable evidence of one part of it.
    I like that. After the events of season 1 and what we've seen so far just in the first episode, I'd be willing to bet that not only are there multiples of more than one character, but also that some of the major deaths we've seen so far are actually quite inconsequential (how do we even know that the Ford at the end of the S1 finale was even the real Ford anymore??). Nevermind that we're already back on our same time-jump game as before, but this time around will probably be more screwy.

Absolutely adore this show. What a fucking reboot from what the original movie was.