Thread: Random General Headlines

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    this guy isn't just someone who was socially awkward and bad with girls. If you listen to the way he talks in that video, he sounds like a melodramatic tool. Listen to him laugh! He thinks women should want to fuck him because his daddy bought him a luxury car... and then he spews this delusional melodramatic bullshit.

I'm sure it wasn't just that women weren't interested. This kind of personality and mannerism is pretty much off-putting to everyone, he probably had no friends, but he lives in this affluent entitled bubble that keeps assuring him that he's justified and everyone else is just denying him.

I wonder at what point during his rampage did he realize "holy shit, this is real, and all of this is really happening." Right before he shot himself?

My only real issue with the way this story is being discussed is the focus on "a greater social issue" with regards to how men view women. Yes, I'm sure it's a bit distressing for some unpopular guys to feel themselves even partially identifying with this guy's woes, but this isn't a normal person. There's so many things wrong with this guy, the only thing that's shocking to me is that the cops interviewed him and then just thought 'ok, well, he seems adjusted enough.'

This is the kind of person you red flag. You take a moment out of your day to monitor what he's uploading, what he's saying. Maybe instead of needlessly wire tapping everybody, and recording random phone calls, and all of this Prism nonsense, we can actually FOLLOW UP on keeping tabs on people who might potentially do something horrific. And you don't even need to tap his phone! Just set up a google alerts to check out what insane psychotic shit he's uploading and typing for everybody to see!
    Last edited by Jinsai; 05-26-2014 at 12:50 AM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    My only real issue with the way this story is being discussed is the focus on "a greater social issue" with regards to how men view women. Yes, I'm sure it's a bit distressing for some unpopular guys to feel themselves even partially identifying with this guy's woes, but this isn't a normal person. There's so many things wrong with this guy, the only thing that's shocking to me is that the cops interviewed him and then just thought 'ok, well, he seems adjusted enough.'

This is the kind of person you red flag. You take a moment out of your day to monitor what he's uploading, what he's saying. Maybe instead of needlessly wire tapping everybody, and recording random phone calls, and all of this Prism nonsense, we can actually FOLLOW UP on keeping tabs on people who might potentially do something horrific. And you don't even need to tap his phone! Just set up a google alerts to check out what insane psychotic shit he's uploading and typing for everybody to see!
    It seems silly to otherwise prioritize one issue over another on this, but this is a clear cut example of how behind America in general is when it comes to mental health issues. A name that I hope will manage to get some air time over the next few weeks is that of Virginia senator Creigh Deeds, whose own son stabbed him in the face before taking his own life last November. With all of his stroke and influence, even he was not able to find suitable treatment for his son and had to just keep a ticking timebomb at home.

But it's a lot to take in of how it's holding up a mirror to where we are now. Men/Women, guns, mental health, the entitlement of the 1%.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    And what the fuck... There were just as many deaths in Chicago this weekend but hey... they weren't white people. Let's spin up some 1984 shit and throw our tax dollars at the occasional problems that hit white people while many many more are dying in those poverty stricken areas we can keep ignoring.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Random General Headlines

Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    It seems silly to otherwise prioritize one issue over another on this, but this is a clear cut example of how behind America in general is when it comes to mental health issues. A name that I hope will manage to get some air time over the next few weeks is that of Virginia senator Creigh Deeds, whose own son stabbed him in the face before taking his own life last November. With all of his stroke and influence, even he was not able to find suitable treatment for his son and had to just keep a ticking timebomb at home.

But it's a lot to take in of how it's holding up a mirror to where we are now. Men/Women, guns, mental health, the entitlement of the 1%.
    This. Exactly this. The only "help" in this country right now is JAIL and that ain't no fucking help but, trust me, that's where the vast majority of people with mental health issues end up for a day or two and it just makes them WORSE, not better.

We closed down all the big Fed mental institutions for good reasons, they were Hell holes. But we have never replaced them with the intended multiple small community-based facilities due to significant lack of funding.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    And what the fuck... There were just as many deaths in Chicago this weekend but hey... they weren't white people. Let's spin up some 1984 shit and throw our tax dollars at the occasional problems that hit white people while many many more are dying in those poverty stricken areas we can keep ignoring.
    THIS, too. The suburban white people are driving into the ghetto to buy drugs, and the drug trade is run by the gangs and the gangs are no longer a few powerful gangs but HUNDREDS of warring shitty thug gangs and it's like fucking Beirut and it's all caused by those white people buying the drugs. A few weeks ago, some gang thugs drove up to a park DURING THE DAY and asked a group of children if they were in a gang. Before the kids, ranging in ages from FOUR to ELEVEN and mostly GIRLS, could answer, they were gunned down.
    Last edited by allegro; 05-26-2014 at 08:18 PM.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    There's so many things wrong with this guy, the only thing that's shocking to me is that the cops interviewed him and then just thought 'ok, well, he seems adjusted enough.'
    Is it REALLY shocking? I know a lot of this country puts a lot of faith in the paternalistic protectionism of law enforcement (gun control, always giving up rights for "safety", etc). but cmon... this can't truly be that surprising. Cops aren't psychologists... they are extremely far from it. We saw the same shit with the Boston Bomber stuff. Also, this kind of personality isn't all that uncommon. I could name at least 4 people who I went to school with or are neighbors that are almost identical to this kid.

Just set up a google alerts to check out what insane psychotic shit he's uploading and typing for everybody to see!
    Local law enforcement doesn't have this kind of time or resource. Besides, you think this kind of monitoring would go over well with the public, especially in the post-Snowden age?