Page 172 of 195 FirstFirst ... 72 122 162 170 171 172 173 174 182 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,160 of 5845

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Scored some grailz

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Now I just wait for the new purchases to arrive and I can finish up that mix.... and turn my brain off for a while.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    @NotoriousTIMP let us know how it sounds!

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    @NotoriousTIMP I was able to hop on that Still bootleg that guy is throwing together on the fb collecting group, I hope it comes out as nice as that gold one!

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    @NotoriousTIMP I was able to hop on that Still bootleg that guy is throwing together on the fb collecting group, I hope it comes out as nice as that gold one!
    Jealous! I would love to get Still....are there any copies still available?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Jealous! I would love to get Still....are there any copies still available?
    I don't think so, only 130 copies were available. It's literally this guy who was all "lol i found a plant that'll press bootlegs yall wanna go in on a pressing?" So its basically a $40 lottery ticket on whether or not this thing actually shows up lol

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I wish they'd put out the suite of songs that Beck recorded for the movie sometime.

I spoke too soon?

SIDE 4 (Bonus Tracks)
    1. Black Sheep (Brie Larson Vocal Version) – Metric
    2. No Fun – Sex Bob-Omb
    3. Garbage Truck – Beck
    4. Threshold – Beck
    5. Indefatigable – Sex Bob-Omb
    6. Go! – Plumtree
    7. Ramona (Acoustic Demo Idea 1) – Beck
    8. Ramona (Acoustic Demo Idea 2) – Beck
    9. Ramona (Acoustic Demo Idea 3) – Beck
    10. Ramona (Mellotron Version) – Beck
    11. Summertime – Beck
    12. Enter Goddess – Nigel Godrich
    This is the one that looks interesting but it's the limited one. I struggle to understand the reasoning behind locking things like this.

Last edited by allegate; 03-11-2021 at 10:52 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Got my turntable in. I'd post a pic, but my room is a mess. The belt was tricky to put on, but not as bad as some people claim. My 45 adapter didn't come in with it, which is disappointing as they ran out of stock. But they were stock when I ordered at the end of January. Using the felt mat as I read that the acrylic platter was designed with felt mat when it comes to height. That's another disappointing thing, but I've read others not having issues when not using it.

Going through my records that I've collected over the years was painful, seeing what was playable and scratched to hell. That was the major problem of buying at flea markets/thrift stores. Bags Unlimited has some pretty good corrugated plastic record storage boxes, so they helped sorting things.

I can't wait until I go to an actual record shop. I'm probably gonna focus more on unknown/random things that look interesting than what I already know. But I might as well enjoy what I have now.

Oh, and the first album I listened to was The Velvet Underground & Nico. Not exactly the greatest sounding recording, but I know how it's supposed to sound. And it sounded good.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    @NotoriousTIMP what's the verdict on the AATCHB boot? Looks like RR will be restocking tomorrow and I'm thinking about pulling the trigger.
    Last edited by imail724; 03-17-2021 at 05:24 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Finally got my hands on this... when I ordered the CD and vinyl from Bandcamp, well.. the CDs arrived and the vinyl is some where... out there (two orders around the same time were like that, half of it arrived, the other half... sacrifices to the Mail Gods I suppose)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    maybe on a slow boat to...well, nowhere at this point.

A Big Ol’ Boat Got Stuck in the Suez Canal

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Is that the one that came with a stencil?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Is that the one that came with a stencil?
    Yes... but mine did not.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    For everyone unable to snag the Mondo release of Daft Punk's 'TRON Legacy - 10th Anniversary' edition...another chance is yours on Wednesday: https://mondoshop.com/blogs/news/mus...nja-eliminator

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    literally opened the thread for the same thing:

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Just got the AATCHB gold bootleg in the mail. Charming as hell, god bless bootleggers for doing what our favorite artists won't haha

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Never have heard the Sherwood Slave Mix or the PK Slavery Mix... so looking forward to that.
    Last edited by MrLobster; 03-29-2021 at 02:35 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Just got the AATCHB gold bootleg in the mail. Charming as hell, god bless bootleggers for doing what our favorite artists won't haha
    How is the audio quality?

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I am also curious... I bought Songs of Faith and Devotion Live from them and was pissed to hear the 2 sec gaps between the songs. I trashed that record and decided it was time to just get the real pressing.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadeout54321 View Post
    How is the audio quality?
    Very good in terms of a bootleg sourced from CD audio. Its not my worst sounding bootleg I have and I have a few. The image quality is a little pixelated on the cover because they just upscaled the discogs image for the cover and it's not a gatefold like I was hoping but it's nice enough. It has printed inner sleeves and everything.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Well shit, had the TRON vinyl in my basket and once I got done logging into PayPal it was sold out.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    huh, totally forgot about that today.

in semi-related news, I saw a tweet from a band the other talking about how they had copies of a live album for sale for 20% off because of an anniversary. I bought the album because hey, great deal. I checked my email a couple hours later and saw the order email as well as a fan club email from said band that said they had signed copies of said album for sale but you better hurry!

bah. of course it was sold out by the time I got there, it was four hours later after all. I turned off email notifications on my phone because I don't need to know every single email I receive so I did it to myself.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Got my copy today and the entire thing is bent. Waiting on a response from RR support to get it replaced, but in the meantime this baby arrived today as well:

Found it on discogs for a pretty good price and the discs look NM to me. We'll see how she sounds tonight.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Well shit, had the TRON vinyl in my basket and once I got done logging into PayPal it was sold out.
    Me too. I am considering over paying for one, I really want it. The Tron movies are a favorite of mine and the sound track from the sequel is killer!

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    I am also curious... I bought Songs of Faith and Devotion Live from them and was pissed to hear the 2 sec gaps between the songs. I trashed that record and decided it was time to just get the real pressing.
    I found it in a local record store and pulled the trigger. Just as suspected, there are microgaps in-between every song. I can get over the shitty artwork. But c'mon, if you are gonna source it from the CD, at least don't include the microgaps! lol. Last time I'll try a RR. It's more of the novelty of having it on vinyl.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Got this beauty yesterday!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Got some sleeves in, just waiting for my mofi inners. Do they even make sleeves that would fit Year Zeros jacket. I forgot the jacket was wider than usual. Had to put two on it lol.