Page 59 of 76 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 2264

Thread: spaceSuicide's Horrortastic Horrific Horror Film Thread...Of Horror!

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Yeah, I noticed Strand in the first trailer a while back.

LOL, that’s quite a contractual stipulation.
    Dude that's one of my very favorite movie factoids of all time. And yeah, I said "ONLY" 22 times. I suppose that's a bit harsh. Bee stings DO hurt, especially twenty something of them.

But, JESUS it looked awesome. And that dude is an epic hero for putting bees in his MOUTH, for our entertainment.
    Last edited by elevenism; 08-13-2021 at 11:17 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    You know what? This is one of those films I will always defend no matter the popular opinion about it. Especially that fucking opening sequence.

(all scary scenes from House on Haunted Hill remake from 1999):

I see your House on Haunted Hill's opening sequence and I raise you the opening sequence of Ghost Ship:

These 2 movies and Thirteen Ghosts are my favorites of the early 2000s. Crazy, campy and amazing.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    I see your House on Haunted Hill's opening sequence and I raise you the opening sequence of Ghost Ship:

These 2 movies and Thirteen Ghosts are my favorites of the early 2000s. Crazy, campy and amazing.
    Yeah, I’ve always been a huge advocate of Thirteen Ghosts. I haven’t ever watched Ghost Ship, just the famous opening sequence a bunch of times on YouTube related videos, noting that both films are from the same director who then just kind of hung up his boots.

I really wish they did a sequel or prequel to Thirteen Ghosts, seeing as how the DVD goes into detail about each of them, their previous lives and how they ended up as part of the collection. My OCD always got bothered that the Great Child and Dire Mother were kind of like “one ghost” but are considered as seperate entities. And the Torso pretty much couldn’t hurt you at all even if it tried, LOL. Still love the movie though. I remember watching it from a distance as a kid (in the middle of the day) at a relative’s place in a room full of people and was terrified by it.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    ^^^ Just watched this a few days ago. The stories are so good, and this movie is such a guilty pleasure of mine.

Ghost Ship's opening sequence got me all excited until the movie went on and is just terrible. Forgot Karl Urban was in it before he was Karl Urban lol...

Another forgotten late 90's, early 2000's movie is Deep Rising. I rememeber this movie being on ALL the time when I was younger...and yea... It sucks too but I love these types of movies; have to revisit them all now.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I just saw the plot synopsis for Censor and it totally sounds like something I would love

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I just saw the plot synopsis for Censor and it totally sounds like something I would love
    Oh, dude. I'd bet my bottom dollar you'd like it. Check it out.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Up for pre-order!

Halloween Kills OST

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Last edited by Erneuert; 08-19-2021 at 06:50 PM.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Anyone see Candyman yet??

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Anyone see Candyman yet??
    Saw it today. It was decent. Not particularly scary, but a good followup to the original.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I'm very interested to see the Candyman remake... but it's fascinating to see some of these "negative user reviews" on IMDB etc...

There's a bunch of people who seem to think that this is changing the angle, and they feel persecuted as white people or something. They think the original movie didn't have any themes about gentrification, systemic racism...

Did ANY of these fucking people actually watch the original movie? That was ENTIRELY what it was about. It took Clive Barker's short story about the power of urban myth and turned it into a meditation about heritage, racism, along with a Deliverance-style side note that "this is what you get when you step out of your safe bubble and think you have the right to the urban myth." Who could watch that original movie and not get that it was about race. The "monster" is the tortured spirit of a black slave who was gruesomely murdered by white people in a fictionalized sort of Emmet Till moment; exacting revenge on the suburban white kids who dare to play a game with his name.

But, apparently there's a bunch of crybabies on the internet who didn't understand the original movie at all, and you can bet they never read the short story.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    They think the original movie didn't have any themes about gentrification, systemic racism...
    Probably because they haven't seen it since they were kids.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Saw it today. It was decent. Not particularly scary, but a good followup to the original.
    Agree, my biggest complaint about the movie is that it wasn't scary enough.

BUT, its strength is the mythology, the way it connects to the originals, and the overall mood. Some of the art direction (especially the shadow puppet stuff that we saw in the trailers) was stunning. As a Chicagoan it was especially interesting.

It made for a great moviegoing experience!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I'm going to see it sometime today. Glad that it is getting pretty solid reviews.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    The Old Ways was rather enjoyable.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Saw the new Candyman yesterday. It's another remake/sequel that didn't need to be made and added little to the original, in my opinion. It's basically a 90-minute PSA for racial injustice and how white people are bad bad BAD. There was an egregious amount of virtue signaling in it that was incredibly distracting and sank the entire thing for me. Plus, Spoiler: Tony Todd is in it for all of 10 seconds at the very, very end..

Antlers looks like it's going to be cool as fuck though..

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    It's basically a 90-minute PSA for racial injustice and how white people are bad bad BAD.
    As a white guy, I didn't get that vibe at all. I think your insecurity is showing.

And shit, if that's what this film was about, what the fuck was the original about? If anything, this film was pretty in line with the themes of the original.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 08-30-2021 at 08:49 PM.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    As a white guy, I didn't get that vibe at all. I think your insecurity is showing.
    Well, of course not. I see the shit you post on these forums. Of course you didn't get that impression at all, lol..

And shit, if that's what this film was about, what the fuck was the original about? If anything, this film was pretty in line with the themes of the original.
    The first film was ahead of its time for how it highlighted racial issues and gentrification in a big city, wrapped neatly in an urban legend come horribly to life. This new film? You would have to be fucking stupid to watch this and not feel like it's deliberately beating you over the head with the messages it's slamming down your throat, at the expense of a horror film that was just fine on its own..

so it's fine if Brosocialjusticewarriorsweat is into it. Just not something that was necessary at all, in my opinion..

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Anyone seen the "Fear Street: 19xx" trilogy on Netflix? Is it any good?

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Yeah, they’re all varying degrees of fun. Nothing groundbreaking. I liked 2 the most of the 3.

@Prettybrokenspiral That’s a shame because you might actually learn something by reading it. Too bad for you, I guess. Sick burn misspelling my name, though. You’re running the gamut of 8 year old insults today.
    Last edited by Swykk; 08-31-2021 at 05:16 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    Anyone seen the "Fear Street: 19xx" trilogy on Netflix? Is it any good?
    Third part was the best one which is a damn shame when you have to sit thru two mediocre movies to get some payoff with previous two movies reframed to have some more substance to it . And even then third part peaks about halfway thru anyway.
    Last edited by Something Underneath; 08-31-2021 at 06:18 PM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    I was way late checking it out, but The House That Jack Built was incredible. Probably my favorite Von Trier movie of the few I've seen.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Sooo, just saw The Night House. How this movie isn't being spoken about more is a travesty... Loved every spooky minute of it and it really bends the mind. Amazing cinematography, stellar performance from Rebecca Hall. Damn, movie made my skin crawl at times... Had an Hereditary feel to it as well for me.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah loved it a lot.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Halloween Kills will now also be streaming on Peacock same day.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I'm really liking this new show on Shudder called Slasher. It's clever in a bunch of great ways.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    About to see Malignant. Hopefully it’s bonkers in a fun giallo-esque way as I have read.

UPDATE/REVIEW:
    Malignant is just as crazy as I’d heard. You’ll roll your eyes and think you’ve clocked it minutes in but you don’t even know.
    What a weird fun twisted movie with touches of yes, heyday Italian horror but also it strangely reminded of Brotherhood Of The Wolf in terms of creature effects and the nutty but effective plot changes.
    Does it stick the landing, though? Kinda. I would have made a different choice for the ending.
    All in all, I quite liked it and recommend you experience this….whatever IT is.
    Last edited by Swykk; 09-11-2021 at 04:51 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    That twist was definitely...something lol

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Just watched Malignant not knowing anything going in- I get that it maybe wasn’t supposed to be taken too seriously but I thought it was just…bad. Sorry to those who liked it.

I think from the first lines of dialogue in the movie I went and had a feeling it wouldn’t be great.

I guess decent twist? Kind of? I don’t even know. Glad I didn’t see it in theaters and pay full price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk