Page 76 of 182 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 126 176 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,280 of 5432

Thread: Little things that cheer you up.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Ho..ly...shit, y'all, it would appear that i'm going to a fucking university.
    I didn't know that Panhandle State University was just 33 miles north of here.
    I don't ask my mother about finances. I know she's well off, but i didn't know she was "sure, i'll pay for you to get a degree" well off.

I'm 34. I thought that my life was completely ruined and i would be living here off of family money and working at minimum wage jobs, or maybe landing one that paid ten or twelve an hour if i was lucky, and, well, waiting till i inherit the family money. That's no kind of life.

Between being a truly bipolar nut job and a hopeless addict and alcoholic, I've never been stable enough to do this. But i am now. I really thought that the college boat had sailed a long ass time ago. But here it comes again. Another chance! I'm living in a place where everything is paid for and i have no real responsibilities, and the college is right up the fucking road! I feel like i'm dreaming. I've ordered info from the university and will be ordering my HS transcripts and sat scores this week so i can apply. It appears to be next to impossible to not be accepted, so i'm not worried about that.

So i'll be the old guy at the college, but i will be AT THE FUCKING COLLEGE!
    I won't have a degree till i'm 36 or 37 (for an associates) or 38 or 39 (for a bachelors,) but i can be that age WITH a degree or without, right?

I finally see a ray of hope peeking through the clouds, and goddamn, it looks pretty.
    Good for you, I hope you get accepted, apply for all the financial aid you can get, you might as well! And you won't be the old guy at college; I guarantee you there are students way older than you.

I was in grad school with a guy who was 82. And he graduated with a Masters!
    Last edited by allegro; 01-03-2015 at 10:27 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Found They Live and Master's of The Universe in snap case DVD today. That was a really cool packaging imo, but apparently everyone else hated them. Anyway, this brings my sc collection to 76.

edit: Just got Little Shop of Horrors sc, but had to order it. 77!
    Last edited by green; 01-06-2015 at 12:32 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    YIFY (ten characters)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Artwork from Etsy.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    This site has some good ones, including a Joker...

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I am putting away the Christmas decorations:

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I am putting away the Christmas decorations:

Biotch, you are as old as dirt!

I keed I keed

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    January 6th, 2015.

6 years meth free.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    So after something like 3 weeks the weird sinus thing is clearing up and I can mostly hear out of my right ear again.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Ho..ly...shit, y'all, it would appear that i'm going to a fucking university.
    Good on you. My gf is 31 and is halfway through a nursing degree. She didn't know if she could do it. Theres a sprinkling of people in their 30s in a lot of the classes, so its not an uncommon thing, at least in Socal. Don't overload your schedule, show up to as many classes as you can, get the work done and stuff will work out.
    Last edited by Millionaire; 01-06-2015 at 06:24 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    My boss thinks me worthy enough to give me another raise. Third one in 10 months, 18% total.

I dunno which is more ridiculous, that or the way she put up with me for the ten years it took to get my brain under control.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    January 6th, 2015.

6 years meth free.
    Damn that was a good drug. First time I smoked a shard, felt like hot ice cubes shooting up my neck into the brain. Good for you though, that shit destroys families everyday.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Three days off. I've so much shit to do. So happy the holidays are over. I may actually get some things done finally. I ain't doing fuck all Friday however.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by green View Post
    Damn that was a good drug. First time I smoked a shard, felt like hot ice cubes shooting up my neck into the brain. Good for you though, that shit destroys families everyday.
    when someone says something about being free of an addiction to a particular substance, the last thing you should do is respond by telling them how good that substance made you feel.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    He knows that, he just likes being a dick.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    January 6th, 2015.

6 years meth free.
    Congratulations

Oh, and as for my contribution...
    Talking to and connecting with a pretty girl who's actually enjoying talking back

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Hearing Lakshmi Singh say her name. It just rolls right off her tongue.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    nvm
    Last edited by playwithfire; 12-22-2019 at 06:55 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    when someone says something about being free of an addiction to a particular substance, the last thing you should do is respond by telling them how good that substance made you feel.
    Why? It was a good drug. She doesn't have a problem with it anymore, and neither do I, so what's wrong with talking about it?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halloween View Post
    My mother also has agreed to see me through that degree financially, but I won't be looking for applying for another two years probably because I need more experience and fleshing out where I'd like to go with this.
    I'm right there with you. I'm not sure WHEN this is going to take place, but i'm hell bent on doing it.
    Isn't it a great feeling to know that things might get better?

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Addicts are always addicts. My dad's friend relapsed after nearly 20 years. It can happen at any time.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Addicts are always addicts. My dad's friend relapsed after nearly 20 years. It can happen at any time.
    i was just talking last night with my mother about how i didn't drink for a few years, but when i relapsed, i was completely fucking sideways within a FEW DAYS. It's like you go right back to where you left off, with tolerance and everything.

Hell, one time my SPONSOR at this renegade Nazi style back to basics AA group relapsed, and stayed relapsed.

Edit: oh yeah...

i got my cubase working today (they fucked me out of it...it was supposed to come with that 24 track i got.)
    And it has a full range of midi instruments that you can play with the computer keyboard.
    I also realized that i can record from fl studio onto my 24 track, circumventing the problem of having to pay $400 for a license to export the music you make there.

But now i have no more excuses.
    I'm going to have to start treating recording like it's a job.

I've got about 30 songs that need recording and I haven't finished a track yet.
    Last edited by elevenism; 01-08-2015 at 07:47 PM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Often times, when people relapse, they go back to the dose that they were on before they got sober. But since their body is no longer accustomed to having the substance in their system, they no longer have the tolerance. That how many OD deaths happen. After people have been clean for a while

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Why? It was a good drug. She doesn't have a problem with it anymore, and neither do I, so what's wrong with talking about it?
    My (late) brother stopped going to meetings after he kicked crack because all they did was talk about when they did crack or the places they were when they did crack, which just made him want to go do crack. Talking about the drug is NOT a good idea.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    AA/NA/SA are basically just huge fucking pissing contests.

LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH WORSE MY ADDICTION WAS THAN YOURS

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Yup, same thing even with cigarettes. I'm afraid to smoke pot again because I'm afraid it will make me want a cigarette (I quit in Oct of 2000).

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Cheers me up:

I got these adorable mini cocottes today from my husband for my birthday.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    a brand new pair of contacts.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Romney may run for a 3rd. Yes, please.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Dude is needs to get a hobby that maintains his attention.