Page 72 of 135 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 122 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,160 of 4043

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Volume 1 was released under the name Lunch Boxes & Choklit Cows

Volume 2 was never officially released, but a 192 kbps MP3 version was leaked by Daisy
    Wow, i didn't knew about those, thanks for the links!
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 02-21-2019 at 12:01 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Volume 2 was never officially released, but a 192 kbps MP3 version was leaked by Daisy
    There is also a 3 discs torrent of all these early demo tapes, might still be alive on pb or rut.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I have all the demo tapes in mp3 if necessary.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Holy Wood is Manson's The Fragile. (Incredible potential but ultimately too long, and lots of skipping for me)

Yeah, I just typed that. Come at me bro-hamsters.
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Nah, Mechanical Animals is Manson’s The Fragile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Nah, too short (not to be confused with Too $hort). TF and HW compare decently with the shorter songs and track numbers.
    Would you agree or disagree that The Golden Age of Grotesque is his With Teeth?

It just reminded me to ask that question.

As for how I looked at it up to that point with Holy Wood as far as both NIN and MM's output can be juxtaposed, I just looked at it this way.

Portrait of an American Family - Holy Wood / Pretty Hate Machine - The Fragile
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 02-22-2019 at 07:15 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Thanks very much for this! Was the original leak only 9 tracks (missing numbers 3 and 9 based on the included files)?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roolfdriht View Post
    Thanks very much for this! Was the original leak only 9 tracks (missing numbers 3 and 9 based on the included files)?
    Yep, but the Mansonwiki has the leak incorrectly listed as 10 tracks with only track 3 missing.

If y'all are looking for something specific, there's the Download page on spookykids.net. There's also a fairly comprehensive demo/bootleg collection on rutracker.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    If anyone has too much disposable income and no respext for their own free time, Manson and Rob Zombie are touring yet again, this time with the Super Edgy title “Twins of Evil: Hell Never Dies.” If there was a date near me I’d consider going just for the people-watching.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner View Post
    If anyone has too much disposable income and no respext for their own free time, Manson and Rob Zombie are touring yet again, this time with the Super Edgy title “Twins of Evil: Hell Never Dies.” If there was a date near me I’d consider going just for the people-watching.
    I keep telling myself that I should catch one last Manson show before he drinks himself to death. I'm not really a Zombie fan, but I do love watching J5 play guitar, and Rob really encourages him to cut loose and do this thing live. Part of me just wants to go so I can witness a happy, fulfilled Ginger and John 5 playing for somebody other than Marilyn Manson, lol.

Sorry, I sound so cynical about all this and it's turning me into an asshole. Manson IS talented and it's frustrating to watch him destroy himself and half-ass everything because he's drunk constantly. I just want him to turn it around, but I'm doubtful that he will. He seems content to die in the bathroom of the Chateau Marmont or whatever.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I wish I could TALK to that dude. See, when I had a terrible drinking problem, this renegade Dr found this study that suggested that alcoholism like that was actually an OPIATE addiction, to an INSANELY powerful opiate, produced in the brains of hardcore alchoholics, called THIQ. And she put me on an OPIATE maintenance drug, and I fucking...well, I'm talking to you guys now. I wish he would try it, for real. I mean, I say AA saved my life, but, tbh, i was too far gone. I couldn't have done it without the suboxone. It made me feel GOOD, like, slightly buzzed, 24-7, with no urge to drink. Pre suboxone, I was just waiting to die.

But, yeah, I was never a huge Manson fan post SLC, but I've always thought he was fucking BRILLIANT. He used to always seem like the smartest guy in the room. He created amazing, thought provoking spectacles.

All my wife knows about his live shows is that he throws up and falls down and shit. She'd never seen any of the old stuff; I showed her the other day, and she was like "OH. I see."

From what I understand, Jim Morrison sort of went out like this, right? It got to where a lot of people were going to shows to see how drunk he was and what sort of dumb shit he would do next.

It's SAD. Manson is REALLY hard to watch now.

But if it's mostly alcohol, which it appears to be, JESUS he should try the suboxone.

Alcohol is the worst drug, I think, and the one that makes it the hardest to function. I mean, coke and heroin are awful, but look at, say, Jimmy Page. He was on heroin a LOT, and it didn't seem to.affect his playing or stage presence.

DON'T get me wrong here: all addictions are awful. But a lot of people don't seem to know how bad alcoholism can truly get, and it it's the drug most likely to make your performances suck.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner View Post
    Just go to Gathering of the Juggalos. The crossover at this point has to be almost 1:1.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Just go to Gathering of the Juggalos. The crossover at this point has to be almost 1:1.
    In highschool, ICP and Manson were both my #1

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Ah, memories of getting tear gassed. Crossover pretty much is 1:1 in the fly-over states.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Good to know it's not just his own lyrics that he can't remember.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    "Limp Bizkit cover Nirvana with Marilyn Manson, as Billy Corgan and more look on"

That sentence shouldn't make me feel like my entire adolescence was a burning trash fire and yet somehow

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I was reading this article about Evan Rachel Woods and it seems to indicate that her relationship with Manson was highly abusive. Has this come up before? It seems that their relationship lasted from 2007 until 2010 and while giving a testimony in front of a House Judiciary Subcommittee in Washington D.C. in February of 2018 to advocate for Sexual Assault Survivors’ Bill of Rights Acts in all 50 states, she said she was raped twice "a decade ago," which would be in 2008 during their relationship. In this article, it says that she attempted suicide as a result of this abuse when she was 22, which would be 2009, also during the time-frame they were dating. Thoughts? I'd like to believe it's not true, but the dates all line up...

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I remember when she did her testimony in DC and had always wondered if it was about Manson or not. One thing that does worry me about Manson, I remember reading in an interview- I forgot where, it was a while ago, is that he said he has friends in the mob in case anyone wanted to mess with him, he could put a hit on anyone. I don't know if he was joking or being serious, but I hope that's not the case. And doing videos like "Running to the Edge of the World" scare me, honestly. Don't give me the "it's art" bullshit. We should be talking about that video more. That video is not okay.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I was reading this article about Evan Rachel Woods and it seems to indicate that her relationship with Manson was highly abusive. Has this come up before? It seems that their relationship lasted from 2007 until 2010 and while giving a testimony in front of a House Judiciary Subcommittee in Washington D.C. in February of 2018 to advocate for Sexual Assault Survivors’ Bill of Rights Acts in all 50 states, she said she was raped twice "a decade ago," which would be in 2008 during their relationship. In this article, it says that she attempted suicide as a result of this abuse when she was 22, which would be 2009, also during the time-frame they were dating. Thoughts? I'd like to believe it's not true, but the dates all line up...
    Something to note: being in a relationship doesn't mean that if you've been raped, you've been raped by the person you're dating. So "dates lining up" isn't terribly relevant.

That said, I feel like we have discussed this before, although given the sheer number of celebrity sexual abuse cases coming to light, I can't keep track. But knowing what I know about Manson (and I'm not talking magazine clips; I'm talking stories from his former managers and crew), it would absolutely, positively not surprise me to learn that he's committed numerous counts of various sex-based felonies.

One great big festering neon distraction....
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    One thing that does worry me about Manson, I remember reading in an interview- I forgot where, it was a while ago, is that he said he has friends in the mob in case anyone wanted to mess with him, he could put a hit on anyone. I don't know if he was joking or being serious, but I hope that's not the case. And doing videos like "Running to the Edge of the World" scare me, honestly. Don't give me the "it's art" bullshit. We should be talking about that video more. That video is not okay.
    Haven't seen that music video so I won't chime in on it but that mob comment sounds like it's probably just your typical Marilyn Manson "I'm so dangerous and provocative" horseshit he spouts out about himself from time to time. I just roll my eyes and think "sure you do, Brian."

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Yeah, that Rachel Evan Wood thing has been brought up here before. I think it’s crossed several threads actually but honestly no one can say for sure it was him.

Mob Scene = it’s gotta be true! J/K’ing, doubt it. He’d be a dumbass to brag about it even if it’s true. Everyone knows someone who knows someone?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    This appears to be where it was first discussed (at least inside the MM thread): https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...948#post397948

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Something to note: being in a relationship doesn't mean that if you've been raped, you've been raped by the person you're dating. So "dates lining up" isn't terribly relevant.

That said, I feel like we have discussed this before, although given the sheer number of celebrity sexual abuse cases coming to light, I can't keep track. But knowing what I know about Manson (and I'm not talking magazine clips; I'm talking stories from his former managers and crew), it would absolutely, positively not surprise me to learn that he's committed numerous counts of various sex-based felonies.
    Well, it is certainly NOT irrelevant. But fine, maybe she was in multiple relationships at the time and the one with Manson was the only one made public and it was the other relationship that was abusive (I'd honestly say that's harder to believe). Something that IS relevant: Manson himself saying "I have fantasies every day about smashing her skull in with a sledgehammer." That isn't helping his case much, either. I've had a few bad breakups and I never had thoughts like that. You could say that that's just Manson being Manson and trying to be shocking, but it doesn't look good – not when he said it back in 2009 and especially not now.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 03-11-2019 at 10:17 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I really don't want this thread to get locked again...

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    I remember when she did her testimony in DC and had always wondered if it was about Manson or not. One thing that does worry me about Manson, I remember reading in an interview- I forgot where, it was a while ago, is that he said he has friends in the mob in case anyone wanted to mess with him, he could put a hit on anyone. I don't know if he was joking or being serious, but I hope that's not the case. And doing videos like "Running to the Edge of the World" scare me, honestly. Don't give me the "it's art" bullshit. We should be talking about that video more. That video is not okay.
    I just watched it for the first time, and, yeah... that’s... a bit, vile.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    I really don't want this thread to get locked again...
    Why would it get locked? This is all conversation relevant to the topic of the thread. It's certainly gone off the rails numerous times in the past, but that's not what's happening here.

EDIT: Since there's no actual proof of this and it's all speculation, I'll let it go. Like I said earlier, I don't want it to be true and hope it isn't. But there's enough information here to make ME concerned/uncomfortable and I feel like refusing to talk about it is a bit like burying one's head in the sand.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 03-11-2019 at 10:03 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deadwinterskies View Post
    Haven't seen that music video so I won't chime in on it but that mob comment sounds like it's probably just your typical Marilyn Manson "I'm so dangerous and provocative" horseshit he spouts out about himself from time to time. I just roll my eyes and think "sure you do, Brian."
    Exactly. He says dumb stuff like this to impress the whatever teenage fan base he has left, you know, the part of his audience that hasn't learned how to deal with their emotions. They read that and are like "Wow, this dude is coooool...." The rest of us look at it and like "Yeah, okay. No one is killing anyone for you. Go ahead write a song about it while we are in your fantasy world."

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    For whatever reason, I'm going back through Manson's discography. Portrait is terrible in almost every facet.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    For whatever reason, I'm going back through Manson's discography. Portrait is terrible in almost every facet.
    I did the same thing a few weeks back actually and yeah, it's uhh....it's bad. Went all the way up to Holy Wood because, let's be honest...what's the point in wasting your time with anything afterwards. MA and HW are still pretty great albums overall.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Portrait is fucking awesome.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Portrait is fucking awesome.
    Seconded. It's the only one I listen to. It's the one I grew up with.