Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Copy of A - FREE download on Amazon.co.uk

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    The vocal effects on this track are incredible. Way better than the live version.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pigpen View Post
    I looove With Teeth, but this is what everyone was hoping for post fragile. Everytime. It's amazing!! Way to go TR!
    To be clear I'm not dissin on WT or TS - I love and appreciate both for what they are - but yes, this seems to have better production and heart behind it. I also thought YZ was superior to the other two if a little forced in the narrative at times.

All the live-debut "leaks" had me hoping that HM would be a return to DS and TF style composition... and it seems like that's the case in the studio so far. Copy of A is a MUCH stronger and more dynamic track than CBH, but I understand why it wasn't the debut single.

Oh man, this makes me long to hear Eater of Dreams even more. I hope it's the kind of face-smash tag team that Broken and TF made famous...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Instantly better than anything on With Teeth? Surely you're forgetting ATLITW and the final trinity of songs? However, this is taking some of the best ideas he's been playing around with and sculpting them together, in a dark and minimalistic way. It already sounds like 'classic' NIN, imo.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    There's so much to take in with this track... It has many elements that harken to many past times, but notably to me to some of the electronics on WT, when they were used there. FUCK...yeah.

I haven't even heard this on my ATH-M50s yet.
    Last edited by Amaro; 08-11-2013 at 08:54 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinpicasso View Post
    Instantly better than anything on With Teeth? Surely you're forgetting ATLITW and the final trinity of songs? However, this is taking some of the best ideas he's been playing around with and sculpting them together, in a dark and minimalistic way. It already sounds like 'classic' NIN, imo.
    The last four on WT are some of his best songs and THTF/Only are good but the rest of that album is trash. This is a great song that hardens back to PHM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    thank you very much

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Oh my GOD it's awesome. Much better than I expected. It's awesome live, but the studio version is really good. It's kinda PHM like more electronic and vocal effecty

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The only thing I'm not feeling about Copy of A is the annoying gothy artwork of some fucking dead dude's face. Didn't like the CBH art either, glad these weren't Halo's.

Song fucking rocks though, how can you not want to dance when the noise hits!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    After a few more listens: This is so very very good. In love with all the little details. It's almost ridiculous how awesome the part from 03:00 - 03:45 is. Pretty Hate Machine and The Fragile just gave birth to a beautiful baby.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinpicasso View Post
    Instantly better than anything on With Teeth? Surely you're forgetting ATLITW and the final trinity of songs?
    Heh... I honestly did consider those when I wrote that. Also "Sunspots". I actually think that final trinity is a strong close to the album, BYIT was an instant fave and remained so for a long time, and TLBTB is simply glorious for its pounding aggression. Thing is though, those songs - especially BYIT - seem so... simple... compared to what we knew Trent could do. Which is not at all to say they are inadequate, just that they lack a certain depth or intrigue. BYIT is a few loops drawn out for maxium effect. TLBTB is agrressive but sonically simple. RWIT again, seems to follow a simple structure.

You could say Copy of A also follows a simple classic structure, but... I don't know (this is where I get pissed at myself for not studying music enough to know all the terms better)... it just SOUNDS like there is a lot more going on, there's a greater dynamic range in emotion and noise and source at play.

They're all great songs and I'm forever indedbted to Trent for making them... I just think this one is better.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    This is a billion times better than the live version, which I admittedly wasn't a big fan of.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Please try to remember to EDIT your PM request post once you got your PM...it certainly helps.

I realize the difficulty in doing this when a song is this good.
    Last edited by Amaro; 08-11-2013 at 09:21 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goingincirclez View Post
    Heh... I honestly did consider those when I wrote that. Also "Sunspots". I actually think that final trinity is a strong close to the album, BYIT was an instant fave and remained so for a long time, and TLBTB is simply glorious for its pounding aggression. Thing is though, those songs - especially BYIT - seem so... simple... compared to what we knew Trent could do. Which is not at all to say they are inadequate, just that they lack a certain depth or intrigue. BYIT is a few loops drawn out for maxium effect. TLBTB is agrressive but sonically simple. RWIT again, seems to follow a simple structure.

You could say Copy of A also follows a simple classic structure, but... I don't know (this is where I get pissed at myself for not studying music enough to know all the terms better)... it just SOUNDS like there is a lot more going on, there's a greater dynamic range in emotion and noise and source at play.

They're all great songs and I'm forever indedbted to Trent for making them... I just think this one is better.
    The most unfortunate thing with WT for me was/is its presentation in being rather rough. The main message of the album is plastered everywhere you turn (just look at all the lyrical similarities, b-sides included), and yet musically it's scattered in style (although generally less layers, for sure, sometimes going way back in time). I dislike that the last three songs are so together at the hip for the reason that everything else is basically not. I'm working on a custom WT track listing for myself, I'll post it somewhere on here when it's done.

(Using my off-topic pass.)
    Last edited by Amaro; 08-11-2013 at 09:22 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    fucking hell. just like with CBH, i'm at work. unable to listen. 5 hours til CoA. help.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    EDIT: Let's hear it for Nine Inch Nails!
    Last edited by BRoswell; 08-11-2013 at 09:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I cannot find my post to edit, I think maybe it was deleted. Anyway, thank you! this is a great track, I do miss the shreddy guitar from the live version, but I am fucking pleased.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GavinCollins420 View Post
    fucking hell. just like with CBH, i'm at work. unable to listen. 5 hours til CoA. help.
    its 12.20pm where i am and i can't listen until i get home from work at about 7pm. AND BREAKING BAD IS ALSO ON. fuck the concept of time today.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiovoyr View Post
    I cannot find my post to edit, I think maybe it was deleted. Anyway, thank you! this is a great track, I do miss the shreddy guitar from the live version, but I am fucking pleased.
    It probably got moved over to the (locked) PM request topic. One of the mods is watching this topic and keeping it to only discussion of the track.

And to stay on topic in that case, god damn. I really like this track a lot. I'm not crazy about the single artwork, but I still want a high-res version of it soon. Maybe the NIN Tumblr will help us out on that front.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Wow. You guys. Seriously.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    ATH-M50s just went on...haaaaaaoooooly...shit.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Wow. I really liked the live version, but the studio version is absolutely amazing. One of the best tracks he's put out in years.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    check the fucking thread you dickholes
    its embedded as a goddamned youtube video!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Holy crap! I just got back from the Zoo......my feet are sore and I would love to hear this! PM please.
    Prepare to get up off your feet and turn into an animal.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Wow. I really liked the live version, but the studio version is absolutely amazing. One of the best tracks he's put out in years.
    I need to chew on it, but at first I was liking the live version better. However, some of the textures and tweaks that aren't in the live version are kind of awesome.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm not sure what to think of it, other than I think that it's better than CBH. I think.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    I see what you did there....

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    To be fair, what I'm dealing in PM is a download link...I've been jamming it through my iTunes. I need a joint now and I'll be really set. haha

But yeah, thanks for bumping the YouTubery.

vvvvvvv That.
    Last edited by Amaro; 08-11-2013 at 09:34 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    With decent headphones, this is like fifteen orgasms at once.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrão View Post
    Prepare to get up off your feet and turn into an animal.
    Holy shit this is good....