Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: The Thread of Creepy

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)

this scared the shit out of me when i was a kid and it still creeps me out
    @theimage13 , much like horror movies and comedy, creepiness is subjective.
    also, 99% of the creepy youtube things are hoaxes or art projects.
    purposeful suspension of disbelief helps
    Last edited by elevenism; 04-30-2016 at 11:47 PM.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)

have you guys seen this one?

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    well, I'm generally not a fan of "top five things you blah blah blah" videos, and I'm not generally creeped out by "shocking" collections...

but this was pretty genuinely unsettling

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    well, I'm generally not a fan of "top five things you blah blah blah" videos, and I'm not generally creeped out by "shocking" collections...

but this was pretty genuinely unsettling
    i've seen all of those things.

i watch entirely too much of this shit.

i should get a job.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    i've seen all of those things.

i watch entirely too much of this shit.

i should get a job.
    I'd never seen the Bjork assassin suicide video/manifesto, and the hammer killer bit was so unnerving... the way they're laughing, talking like they're about to prank someone in some harmless way.

I will say though, number one is bullshit. The whole catacombs disappearance dude thing being real. I wasted at least an hour of my time looking into that to see if it could have any bearing on the truth... nope. Not true, still, good job guys, totally creepy

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The college kids disappearing in the abandoned mental institution also seems to be fake.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    One video remains in my head from this thread (I think it was here): "hand thing" - that was really weird. :-)

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    The college kids disappearing in the abandoned mental institution also seems to be fake.
    as @Jinsai said, the ummmm hammer brothers thing is totally real though.

that is disturbing on a different fucking level, for real.

as for me, i'm more into the CREEPY things, real or fake

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I love discovering new threads on this board.
    Here's one I found recently. Shit gets real at 2:35.
    Note that this guy isn't out there to look for ghosts. He explores abandoned mines.

He did return after this first video.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Dan Bell's urban exploration videos are worth watching

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I love Dan Bell's video. Even the abandon mall series, shot in daylight, is eerie.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    so you are into creepy youtube vids and such, @Deepvoid ?

Man, i bet we will come up with a lot of shit for this thread between the two of us.

I spend a ridiculous amount of time seeking this shit out. I just need to start sharing it with you guys

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    Dan Bell's urban exploration videos are worth watching

these are sweet

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    so you are into creepy youtube vids and such, @Deepvoid ?

Man, i bet we will come up with a lot of shit for this thread between the two of us.

I spend a ridiculous amount of time seeking this shit out. I just need to start sharing it with you guys
    It's just a long task to weed out all the fake stuff. Especially for paranormal stuff.

Just recently heard about the Buzzer or UVB 76.
    More mysterious than creepy. This has been broadcasting non-stop since 1982 I believe.

Last edited by Deepvoid; 05-23-2016 at 07:51 AM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    One of these days I should take a camera and walk around the building that I work in and post it. It's an old Theater built in the first decade of the 1900s, and was used as a Vaudeville Theater until the mid-30's then, transformed into a movie theater which last until the 80s. Then it sat empty for 20 years before being somewhat renovated. So currently our theater is built within the building and there are there are still a LOT of spots around the building that are hidden.

A few examples, down in the basement, you can crawl through a hole in the wall that leads you to the original orchestra pit door/pit that is still VERY creepily in tact. Our entire upper balcony is still in tact, and if you climb up to the top of the old Projection booth area, you can shimmy along a wall to a ladder at the other end of the room. And if you crawl up that ladder it leads to two things: an old steel crate that is locked super tight (rumors are that it holds either booze or hidden money/weapons stashed by KC Mafia who used the building as an illegal speak-easy during Prohibition and smuggled booze through a man-made underground tunnel, that is now filled in sadly, to a hotel across the street. ALL TRUE.) and to your right of that box is an a weird square room with old elevator pulleys and a door that is probably about half a foot thick of solid steel. So many employees have had "experiences" in that building at one point or another that its kinda crazy. And yes, it is historically proven that multiple people have in fact either died or been murdered in that building. The most recent being a guy who was stabbed to death while watching Flash Gordon in the 80s.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Interesting. Nobody has tried to open that crate?!
    Last edited by Swykk; 05-23-2016 at 10:07 AM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    One of these days I should take a camera and walk around the building that I work in and post it. It's an old Theater built in the first decade of the 1900s, and was used as a Vaudeville Theater until the mid-30's then, transformed into a movie theater which last until the 80s. Then it sat empty for 20 years before being somewhat renovated. So currently our theater is built within the building and there are there are still a LOT of spots around the building that are hidden.

A few examples, down in the basement, you can crawl through a hole in the wall that leads you to the original orchestra pit door/pit that is still VERY creepily in tact. Our entire upper balcony is still in tact, and if you climb up to the top of the old Projection booth area, you can shimmy along a wall to a ladder at the other end of the room. And if you crawl up that ladder it leads to two things: an old steel crate that is locked super tight (rumors are that it holds either booze or hidden money/weapons stashed by KC Mafia who used the building as an illegal speak-easy during Prohibition and smuggled booze through a man-made underground tunnel, that is now filled in sadly, to a hotel across the street. ALL TRUE.) and to your right of that box is an a weird square room with old elevator pulleys and a door that is probably about half a foot thick of solid steel. So many employees have had "experiences" in that building at one point or another that its kinda crazy. And yes, it is historically proven that multiple people have in fact either died or been murdered in that building. The most recent being a guy who was stabbed to death while watching Flash Gordon in the 80s.
    That would be awesome if you find the time to film these hidden areas.
    I absolutely love urban exploration. There are so many buildings here in Montreal that are prime locations for that type of exploring. I'm just too old to get caught for trespassing or some shit like that. I know it's just a ticket but still...

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Interesting. Nobody has tried to open that crate?!
    Oh no we've tried. Its like bolted shut by a giant screw that is probably the size of my fist, but it's so rusted and stripped that it's virtually impossible. And I don't think our GM actually cares enough to pay someone to come open it, so everyone just always fantasizes about what's in there.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    @Deepvoid , a lot of the creepiest stuff i've seen is "fake."
    i don't want to see fake ghost footage, mind you, but i love me some terrifying avant garde art projects-especially the ones that are posted with no explanation.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    @Deepvoid , a lot of the creepiest stuff i've seen is "fake."
    i don't want to see fake ghost footage, mind you, but i love me some terrifying avant garde art projects-especially the ones that are posted with no explanation.
    Even some of the weirdest videos have ultimately been explained.
    On the top of my head I'm thinking about ...

But with that being said, here's something I find creepy. The disappearance of Lars Mittank.
    This is the last known footage of the guy. Been missing since July 2014. Some background info: https://www.bizarrepedia.com/lars-mittank-mystery/

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)

I will say though, number one is bullshit. The whole catacombs disappearance dude thing being real. I wasted at least an hour of my time looking into that to see if it could have any bearing on the truth... nope. Not true, still, good job guys, totally creepy
    Wait a minute .. there's an explanation for the catacombs video? I've never seen one. You have a link by any chance?

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Wait a minute .. there's an explanation for the catacombs video? I've never seen one. You have a link by any chance?
    The proof is more in the fact that there is no existing uncut version of the entire video. The expose on it was part of an ABC tv show about the most haunted places in the world. The same show had been outed on another occasion of fabricating their "evidence" and making stuff up. That tv show is the only source of the footage.

Now, think about it... the footage on that video would be important evidence to turn into the police. It would be a matter of public interest, as the person from the video could be missing, and their family might want to know about it.
    But we're to believe that this guy just can't be bothered to upload the full video?

Additionally, he stages some really obvious things... The most obvious of which is his claim that the catacombs are sealed off from the public. That's not true. You can go in with a guide for a two kilometer tour for 5 euros. I'm not sure of the exact timeline here either, but it seems that this ABC episode would have been released shortly after the Blair Witch Project found-footage craze, so it seems likely that it was trying to tap into that. All signs point towards it being completely staged.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    The proof is more in the fact that there is no existing uncut version of the entire video. The expose on it was part of an ABC tv show about the most haunted places in the world. The same show had been outed on another occasion of fabricating their "evidence" and making stuff up. That tv show is the only source of the footage.

Now, think about it... the footage on that video would be important evidence to turn into the police. It would be a matter of public interest, as the person from the video could be missing, and their family might want to know about it.
    But we're to believe that this guy just can't be bothered to upload the full video?

Additionally, he stages some really obvious things... The most obvious of which is his claim that the catacombs are sealed off from the public. That's not true. You can go in with a guide for a two kilometer tour for 5 euros. I'm not sure of the exact timeline here either, but it seems that this ABC episode would have been released shortly after the Blair Witch Project found-footage craze, so it seems likely that it was trying to tap into that. All signs point towards it being completely staged.
    I agree with some of your arguments.
    From the video, there's really no way to identify the person. Who knows if the police was informed. Is it possible to sweep the entire catacombs for a missing person? I really doubt that.
    My biggest issue with the video is the fact that he dropped his cam for no apparent reason, except to create some "found footage".

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    A tree in Tahiti

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Speaking of trees, I always found this one interesting...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil%27s_Tree

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    ^ That's pretty cool. I wonder if that film about it will end up happening.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    trees?

c'mon ... i love seeing this thread bumped, but for trees? no offense to either of you, just got my hopes up.

sorry to bump it again. just sayin'.

edit: okay, checked out the devil's tree wikipedia and i kinda get it. my bad.
    Last edited by kel; 07-28-2016 at 01:00 AM.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    LOOK AT THIS. PROOF THAT OUR CONSCIOUSNESS CAN EFFECT REALITY.

The key here is that a focused, meditative state has a greater effect.
    Last edited by cashpiles (closed); 07-31-2016 at 08:20 PM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    dafuq? not creepy.

someone give me something that will keep me up tonight. plz kthx.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0f3d View Post
    dafuq? not creepy.

someone give me something that will keep me up tonight. plz kthx.
    http://www.planecrashinfo.com/lastwords.htm

Enjoy being awake.

No disrespect to the deceased.