Page 45 of 75 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 2239

Thread: Sandbag Watch - NIN and Sandbag part. Livenation picks up the pieces.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I submitted a support ticket and pestered them on Twitter about the fact that I paid $35 for shipping and they shipped the records media mail. They responded that as they inherited the orders, they were not responsible for setting the original shipping costs and delivery methods, but that they'd provide a partial refund on the shipping as an act of goodwill. Idiots. I haven't received the partial refund yet, so we'll see what I actually get.

They also said they'd send yet another sleeve for Deviations, since the first replacement for the original damaged sleeve also arrived damaged.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    I submitted a support ticket and pestered them on Twitter about the fact that I paid $35 for shipping and they shipped the records media mail. They responded that as they inherited the orders, they were not responsible for setting the original shipping costs and delivery methods, but that they'd provide a partial refund on the shipping as an act of goodwill. Idiots. I haven't received the partial refund yet, so we'll see what I actually get.

They also said they'd send yet another sleeve for Deviations, since the first replacement for the original damaged sleeve also arrived damaged.
    "Yo I paid extra for quicker shipping"
    - you

"LOL sucks to be you douchebag"
    - sandbag

Quote Originally Posted by izo View Post
    Adding my story about this shit show of a company to the pile:
    Quote Originally Posted by izo View Post

-
    March 19th, order for Fragile DE, Broken DE, and Downward Spiral DE vinyls

July 3rd, submitted a ticket requesting a refund for Fragile DE, Broken DE and Downward Spiral DE vinyls.

July 10th, received response: "We understand that you have requested a refund but have not yet received it. Please accept our apologies for this. As you can imagine this is an incredibly busy time for us regarding NIN and we are working on processing and completing all requests as quickly as possible. Please allow 10 working days for your refund to appear. If after this time period you have still not received your refund please contact us again.

August 7th, I followed up inquiring about a refund. The message I sent was "I am following up regarding the refund of the items listed below. I was instructed to follow up after 10 business days."

Received a same day response that reads: "We are very sorry for the delay. We have inherited these order from Firebrand, as such all of our customer information is stored offline rather than on databases. This means all refunds have to be manually done which takes considerably longer. Our accounts department have your request and we have chased it up for you as much as we can and will do after this correspondence. You will get your refund, you may just have to wait a bit longer. We completely understand how frustrating this is, however we are doing our best. Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated"

August 17th received an email that my order has been packaged and will be delivered shortly...

I follow up same day asking why my order is being shipped after my refund request was acknowledged and I was told twice I would be receiving a refund.
    -

My correspondence has been with customer service rep Kim, if anyone is keeping track.

...fun times...

I imagine the nin orders are all just printed out in packets and there's a bunch of freaking out people with different colored highlighters each with different meanings.

Pink - Refund
    Yellow - Shipped
    Green - Inquiry
    Last edited by tony.parente; 08-17-2017 at 03:21 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    "Yo I paid extra for quicker shipping"
    - you

"LOL sucks to be you douchebag"
    - sandbag
    Seriously. While it's totally accurate they weren't responsible for setting the original shipping costs and methods, they sure as hell are responsible for following through with them.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post

you submitted a request for a second replacement sleeve? I sent a ticket with pics of the damage to my replacement sleeve about 22 hours ago and have heard nothing except the automatic reply.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    you submitted a request for a second replacement sleeve? I sent a ticket with pics of the damage to my replacement sleeve about 22 hours ago and have heard nothing except the automatic reply.
    Pestering them on Twitter is what got me results. Do it during their operating hours when someone working there is actually checking it, though. They're in the UK. Be sure to include your order number.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Received both my copies of Deviations and The Fragile today (I'm in Montreal, Canada). Ordered them on July 25th. I got 2 friends who ordered everything back in December that only received Deviations so far.

From what i can see my Fragile is in perfect condition while my Deviations only has one corner slightly bent... I'm not too worried about it but i'm still gonna ask for a replacement sleeve.

As much as dealing with Sandbag is a pain in the ass i'm still considering ordering Broken and NTAE. I don't know if the Definitive editions will be available from retail and so far on Amazon.ca NTAE is actually TWICE the price of the NIN store :/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So i got an email August 11th saying that my order back in December, the 2017 DE of Broken, TDS, NTAE and The Fragile "has been packaged up and is on it's way to you". Cool, sounds good. Got another email TODAY @ 8:17 am saying the same thing with tracking number, blah blah blah. WELL, i just checked them both and the first email has a tracking number and it says that it is on its way to Bethany, OK from Pennsylvania. Cool, freakin awesome, bring it on, right? Now i JUST checked the other email i got this morning AND IT HAS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TRACKING NUMBER and has no shipping info!!!! OMG, am i about to get 2 orders!??!??!?!?! Why couldnt this happen with Deviations?!!??!?!?!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    TO ANYONE THAT'S MOVED AT SOME POINT DURING THIS DEBACLE: So, I had Deviations go to the wrong address and sent Sandbag a message that I had moved and provided an updated address so to prevent any further complications with the other records. They had replied noting that they had updated it and thought that the issue was done...NO, with the new shipping notifications I just today noticed 2 of my 3 are looking like they're still being sent to my old address despite the assurance that the information was updated. In the hopes that anyone else has the same potential situation, hopefully you can contact them before they actually ship them out. As for me I figure the most optimistic scenario is now I have to wait an extra week for delivery and increased odds of damaged vinyl ARGH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YouOftenForget View Post
    As for me I figure the most optimistic scenario is now I have to wait an extra week for delivery and increased odds of damaged vinyl ARGH!
    Don't you mean "ARG!!" hahaha, you know, like an Alternate Rea....oh nevermind.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    An alternate reality/tangent universe where getting vinyl shipped in the mail is now a headache

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i'm wondering if all the "pre-shipment" tracking numbers are a USPS tracking issue and not a sandbag/firebrand issue, because i ordered something from someone on discogs last week and they shipped it on monday, but its tracking still lists it as being in "pre-shipment". it's really frustrating, because i don't want a bunch of records sitting in the sun outside when they get dropped off by the USPS, i want to know what day they're being delivered so i can make arrangements to be there.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I placed an order for merch and three vinyls three days ago, so I will get these in 2019.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just received my order for my Add Violence stuff, and it was missing one of the physical components. So... I guess I'm going back into the customer service cycle yet again. I still have old unfulfilled vinyl orders, and a refund I've been trying to get since July 5th for a vinyl preorder. I don't even have adequate words to describe what a shit show Sandbag is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And i will now have to deal with Sandbag... Like i said i received both Fragile and Deviations... Fragile sleeve is in perfect condition, Deviation has one slightly damaged corner... Ijust listened to Fragile and its perfect, sounds beautiful, everything i hoped... then comes Deviations... I get the first record out and it's full of paper dust and the side of the record looks badly cut then i see small tiny holes and scratches all over the side which makes the first song of both sides unlistenable... Now that they are sold out of Deviations i might not even be able to get a replacement for the defective disc... Hopefully i can get a refund... fucking hell...

here's a link to pictures of the damaged disc and sleeve: http://imgur.com/a/JDNNN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i'm wondering if all the "pre-shipment" tracking numbers are a USPS tracking issue and not a sandbag/firebrand issue, because i ordered something from someone on discogs last week and they shipped it on monday, but its tracking still lists it as being in "pre-shipment". it's really frustrating, because i don't want a bunch of records sitting in the sun outside when they get dropped off by the USPS, i want to know what day they're being delivered so i can make arrangements to be there.
    It's possible, but I've seen enough people posting their responses from Sandbag stating they will be shipping orders out on Friday that I'm inclined to believe most of this at least this falls on them (SB) and not the USPS.

Quote Originally Posted by ninsp View Post
    I placed an order for merch and three vinyls three days ago, so I will get these in 2019.
    From the looks of a couple of reddit posts, you'll actually have it before we do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RiffTHF View Post
    And i will now have to deal with Sandbag... Like i said i received both Fragile and Deviations... Fragile sleeve is in perfect condition, Deviation has one slightly damaged corner... Ijust listened to Fragile and its perfect, sounds beautiful, everything i hoped... then comes Deviations... I get the first record out and it's full of paper dust and the side of the record looks badly cut then i see small tiny holes and scratches all over the side which makes the first song of both sides unlistenable... Now that they are sold out of Deviations i might not even be able to get a replacement for the defective disc... Hopefully i can get a refund... fucking hell...

here's a link to pictures of the damaged disc and sleeve: http://imgur.com/a/JDNNN
    oh god, i dont like the sound or look of this. This may come as a shock to many, but i love vinyls and i love collecting vinyls. i dont really ever open my vinyls unless i have 2 or i just NEED to listen to it. Was not planning on opening Deviations any time soon since i have it on my comp and can burn it whenever i want. All of my vinyls for that matter. but if the vinyl is damaged and you cant tell on the outside of the package....that means i'm going to have to open ALL the vinyls i've ordered....and that is every vinyl available on the site. Well, so much for 'collecting' them and keeping them in original packaging, factory sealed. Cause what if i open one in 2 or 3 years and it's all fucked up on the inside? oh this is a fucking mess

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NIN 3 28 06 OKC View Post
    oh god, i dont like the sound or look of this. This may come as a shock to many, but i love vinyls and i love collecting vinyls. i dont really ever open my vinyls unless i have 2 or i just NEED to listen to it. Was not planning on opening Deviations any time soon since i have it on my comp and can burn it whenever i want. All of my vinyls for that matter. but if the vinyl is damaged and you cant tell on the outside of the package....that means i'm going to have to open ALL the vinyls i've ordered....and that is every vinyl available on the site. Well, so much for 'collecting' them and keeping them in original packaging, factory sealed. Cause what if i open one in 2 or 3 years and it's all fucked up on the inside? oh this is a fucking mess
    Vinyl collectors I've seen typically note this as the reasoning why a sealed vinyl is never considered "mint" (or that any vinyl should be graded as such) as once a person opens them, they can find out that the copy is not in actually perfect condition. I remember watching a video of a guy opening a 30 year old double album and upon doing so found that the inside of the gatefold sleeve sides had become stuck over time and tore the sleeve up once opening and can even warp the records in certain cases. It's a gamble really after a while so it's either keep them forever sealed or open them and keep them safely stored away.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Got my pre-shipment email today for Broken, The Fragile, and NTAE. Pretty excited! But I still haven't received AV Physical Component yet. I hope it gets here soon.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Got my pre shipment email for Broken, TDS, The Fragile, and NTAE. Then got home to my AV physical component bundle on the doorstep.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    My stuff (NTAE, The Fragile, shirt) is still in preshipment even though I got the email Monday. Never again ordering stuff via Media Mail.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YouOftenForget View Post
    Vinyl collectors I've seen typically note this as the reasoning why a sealed vinyl is never considered "mint" (or that any vinyl should be graded as such) as once a person opens them, they can find out that the copy is not in actually perfect condition. I remember watching a video of a guy opening a 30 year old double album and upon doing so found that the inside of the gatefold sleeve sides had become stuck over time and tore the sleeve up once opening and can even warp the records in certain cases. It's a gamble really after a while so it's either keep them forever sealed or open them and keep them safely stored away.
    I bought With Teeth back in 2005 and kept it sealed until 2 days ago... I was told it might be warped but luckily when i finally decided to open it this week it was in perfect condition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yeah, i mean it's not like i keep my vinyls sitting in the sun, they are comfortably sitting in the top of my closet.....but maybe they COULD use some breathing room
    Last edited by NIN 3 28 06 OKC; 08-17-2017 at 09:00 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    yeah, i mean it's not like i keep my vinyls sitting in the sun, they are comfortably sitting in the top of my closet.....but maybe they COULD use some breathing room
    i (and a few others) have discussed this at length over in the "vinyl collectors unite" thread, but it's actually BAD for records to keep them sealed. shrink wrap should never be put on record sleeves, the records themselves should be shipped (and stored) outside of the sleeves with everything in a poly bag so that you don't end up with ring wear and/or warping.

i also don't understand the idea of collecting vinyl and not listening to it. it reminds me of all the beanie babies my grandparents bought me but wouldn't let me take the tags off of because they were "collectors items." i asked how i was supposed to cuddle with them and they looked at me in abject horror. why own something if you can't enjoy it?

i point also to this:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Got my Add Violence t-shirt and physical component today... shirt was the wrong size . Hopefully they still have my size to resend me. It'll suck if they sell out and I don't receive one because of their error.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=eversonpoe;372128]i also don't understand the idea of collecting vinyl and not listening to it. it reminds me of all the beanie babies my grandparents bought me but wouldn't let me take the tags off of because they were "collectors items." i asked how i was supposed to cuddle with them and they looked at me in abject horror. why own something if you can't enjoy it?

because i've had vinyl before and i've listened to them and i've enjoyed them. they're great. but a couple years ago i got into a REAL financial bind. I also had a LOT of vinyls, not all but most of them were factory sealed. Like With Teeth, Year Zero, Puscifer some Depeche Mode, 30STM, Evanescence, etc. a lot of 1st pressings. I ended up having to sell a LOT of my vinyls to pay for this extreme financial bind. Luckily since they were factory sealed, i was able to get the money i needed to stay in existence. With Teeth sold for 151, Year Zero sold for a big amount as well, and my Aenima vinyl from TOOL sold for $202. I also had to sell my record player too. If they werent factory sealed, i sure wouldnt have gotten as much as i did. So that's ONE reason I keep them unopened.
    I get you don't understand it, that's fine. and i'm sorry you didnt get to cuddle with your beanie babies. But I still enjoy having my vinyls without listening to them. Just knowing that i own them and that i can listen to them whenever is good enough for me. and that it's FREAKING VINYL. They are so pretty. If i had a badass record player, sure, i would open them and rock out. If i had the time, i would too. i WISH that my car had a record player that was like a cd player, where i could just insert my record and rock out while driving! If i got on an episode of Pimp My Ride, i'm sure that they could do that for me. But i dont have any of those things at the moment, so yeah, they're sitting in my closet for the time being. and yeah, i saw that SNL skit too, and thought it was funny as well, 1. cause it DOES seem ridiculous and 2. i've done that crap myself. whether it be packs of football cards or vinyls or yes, action figures. but no beanie babies, those were gay.

RiffTHF up there says "I bought With Teeth back in 2005 and kept it sealed until 2 days ago... I was told it might be warped but luckily when i finally decided to open it this week it was in perfect condition." and that's freaking cool! it's like opening a christmas present! With Teeth rocks and the tour rocked *cough Beside You In Time 3 28 06 in OKC *cough man, i bought 16 tickets to that show and it was FREAKIN AMAZING!!!!

anyway, back to Sandfag/Firebrand sucking ass with shipping issues........

Edit: OH MAN, just watched that SNL STAR WARS COMMERCIAL again and that shit is FUNNY!!!!!!!!! thanks for posting that!!! and i also have the Star Wars Transformers factory sealed! The Han and Chewie that transform into the Millennium Falcon! and the Darth Vader that transforms into the Death Star! and my Target Star Wars The Force Awakens 6 piece set factory sealed! and the........
    Last edited by NIN 3 28 06 OKC; 08-18-2017 at 12:19 AM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Just 8 short months after ordering, Deviations finally arrived today.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Well, I just got an email saying my DE's and NTAE have shipped... which is confusing considering I got the same email with a different tracking number last week. Maybe I'll be rewarded for my patience by being accidentally sent two copies of my order. Two copies of that order but still zero copies of- or emails about- my AV PC and T-shirt order.
    UPDATE: As seems to be the case with many people, I got my AV PC today without ever being notified it shipped. Now to wait and see what's up with this dual tracking number thing...

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOVEANDZOMBIES View Post
    Got my Add Violence t-shirt and physical component today... shirt was the wrong size . Hopefully they still have my size to resend me. It'll suck if they sell out and I don't receive one because of their error.
    What size did you get and what do you need? If nothing else, maybe someone can do a trade with you.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post

i point also to this:

lol that stupid commercial never gets old.

I can't explain why I do it -- mainly with TR's albums -- but I own 3 sealed copies of Deviations, a sealed original copy of The Fragile, a sealed original promo of TDS, and the sealed Social Network soundtrack vinyl that I never did open. Plus still-sealed copies of Welcome Oblivion, PHM 2010 and With Teeth. That one guy in your commercial nails it: I have one for playing, one for displaying, and one for...just because. I don't know why.

Most -- about 98% -- of my records get played and enjoyed. But there are some you just have to know that you have them, that stay sealed and never get played. Maybe it makes me a bigger Trent Reznor fan than most? Who knows.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Oh I got email...... Then confirmation of tracking number(s)..... And tracking number updates.... I'm going to wait and see how this pans out but this massive cluster fuck may actually make me a very satisfied customer..... This is going to be hilarious if it happens the way it looks at the moment