Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Nine Inch Nails on Jimmy Kimmel 11.07

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3po1nt0 View Post
    sorry was wrong they started at 720 pm. very happy with the set! and obviously cannot wait for tomorrow. rough count: my 10th show tomorrow since 94
    My 10th show tomorrow since '95! High fives all around.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Just DL'd and VMOE sounded amazing. Can't wait to hear ATL when it's uploaded to the shows Youtube page. He definitely played it safe, once again no falceto, and nothing crazy but it was tight and clear and probably a lot like what the ACL show will be like. Mature, but I dig it.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    ^Where did you DL??

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmw1185 View Post
    Agreed on Kimmel...not all that funny. I think Fallon would've been a better fit because of his appreciation for music. Good song choice though, better than going with the singles.
    Too bad Fallon as funny as a frickin' brick.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    available on binsearch as usual

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemonkey613 View Post
    ^Where did you DL??
    I found it on the bay

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    I miss the days when NIN's entire 90 minute concerts were streamed rather than clamoring for a 2 song broadcast on a late night talk show...the good old days
    The good ol' days, huh? When 90 minute concerts were streamed and all you did was fucking bitch and moan about how shitty they were and how they cameras weren't zoomed in on the members' faces tight enough to see blackheads on Trent's nose?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOVEANDZOMBIES View Post
    Holy shit. That grooves. Hard.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    The good ol' days, huh? When 90 minute concerts were streamed and all you did was fucking bitch and moan about how shitty they were and how they cameras weren't zoomed in on the members' faces tight enough to see blackheads on Trent's nose?
    no I meant the PRO SHOT shows that were filmed professionally (reading/outside lands/made in America/lowlands) not that piece of shit amateur video called Fuji rock which had worse camerawork than the worst audience bootleg video recordings I have ever seem

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Where can I watch/DL Various Methods? I can't find it anywhere...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I also can't find... :-(

Does anyone could PMs me VMOE? ;-) I'm in work right now and I'm affraid I will not be able to download it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If you're searching for VMOE, just download the entire 11/7 / Jimmy Kimmel episode... And then skip ahead to the last five minutes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbadjesus View Post
    I gotta say, that was a big disappointment. I regret pestering my best friend to watch it. This is my first time seeing the new lineup with those backup singers...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa_Fischer
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlotte_Gibson

You suck, is this your first day here? They have been touring with the band for a wile now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Are you working with Maynard James Keenan now? Cause you're producing a lot of whine.

Anyway, to provide some constructive criticism here: I think they would have been better off doing Copy Of A for the taped performance rather than VMOE, but that's just me. I feel like that song works better in the context of a full concert than a one off performance. I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the sound mix was off. Oh well. Network television rarely gets that right. Overall it was interesting to see the band in that format, but I'm not exactly clamoring for more of it. I'm much more interested in seeing the Austin City Limits performance, but it was nice to tune in and see my favorite band on national TV.

Brilliant! I'm still laughing.

I let a girl drag me to a tool concert once, at the staples center too, Mandrake of whatever his name is stopped the show about 20 min in for about 15-20 min to let everybody know the VIP's ran out of beer and they would start the show again as soon as they could get them some more... Nothing like listening to the entire staples center boo, for the entire 15-20 min... He actually said "if you dont like that you should have bought VIP tickets." What an asshole. Seeing tool live was like watching Bozo swinging a cat at a banjo, that's pretty much how I would describe tool.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    VMOE is the on-air song, All Time Low is the credits song, to clarify. They didn't film after that, so no full performance video like they used to.

I'm glad. A lot of the general population will finally realise that NIN aren't some angsty sweary fetish rock band anymore.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOVEANDZOMBIES View Post
    Just DL'd and VMOE sounded amazing. Can't wait to hear ATL when it's uploaded to the shows Youtube page. He definitely played it safe, once again no falceto, and nothing crazy but it was tight and clear and probably a lot like what the ACL show will be like. Mature, but I dig it.
    The no falsetto is a bit disappointing but understandable - it's one of my favourite parts of the record, it makes me smile (and sing along if noone is around to hear my terrible tone-deaf caterwauling). Does he ever do that bit live or is it always the back-up singers?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Wow, that's a lot of complaining. Jimmy Kimmel is great, and the fact that NIN played and we get amazing pro-shots of Various Methods of Escape and All Time Low is even better. I haven't seen Various Methods of Escape yet, are they uploading this one as well?

There are various uploads of each song on YouTube, but not a single one of Various Methods of Escape?!
    Last edited by Fist Fuck; 11-08-2013 at 07:37 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Downloaded ATL and it was great. Love that the mix was bass heavy. Pino's a beast. You can really appreciate it in that video. Downloading VMOE now.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    The biggest disappointment about last night was how terrible the actual show was.
    Seriously, i've seen all kinds of jimmys bits before so I assumed the show would be good.

It sucked.

Why does Jimmy get so much Praise?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I loved when he started throwing out Closer grooves at the end of All Time Low. THAT made me smile!

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Why does Jimmy get so much Praise?
    Because he can actually be funny at times. Yeah though, last nights guests sucked hard core. But then again it could just have been us being anxious waiting all show just to see one NIN song.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCmuse View Post
    I loved when he started throwing out Closer grooves at the end of All Time Low. THAT made me smile!
    Ya Trent has been doing that all the time from what I've heard. They haven't been playing closer during the shows on this leg of the tour, so that's all you get of it when they play All Time Low.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It sure is

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Oh I had no idea! I've been without internet for the last month at home, taking advantage now that I'm on holiday. That's awesome though, I love how funky ATL gets from the second verse onward. Those backup vocals make a hell of a lot of difference, so cool.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    wow ATL sounded amazing, that should have been the broadcast track.... too bad Sanctified wasn't captured professionally.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Has anyone ripped the audio from these yet? I can just record the audio that's playing, but I know there are people who can extract the audio from the file so there's no unnecessary conversions. Haven't seen VMOE yet, but All Time Low sounded really good, heard things I didn't hear at the DC show.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    of the 2 they filmed, i thought all time low was way better, but was probably too long to air on the episode. vmoe just didn;t do much for me. I really wish tr or coumbia or whoever would realize that in two is fucking excellent and should be the song presented on stuff like this.

also, anyone else think the bass part that josh played at the festival shows for sanctified fits way better than what pino does with it? I really dig pino's playing on a lot of songs, but that one was dope with josh.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by talkingnothing View Post
    anyone else think the bass part that josh played at the festival shows for sanctified fits way better than what pino does with it? I really dig pino's playing on a lot of songs, but that one was dope with josh.
    I agree. The arrangement with Josh on bass was uglier sounding. In a good way. It was actually nasty.