Page 18 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump 2019 - There are still children in detention separated from their parents

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    For fuck's sake...

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post

This has the potential to blow up in Trump’s face. The blue collar workers who work in these clean energy industries in MI don’t want their careers threatened.
    They certainly don't want the president to completely misrepresent the functional working reality of the industry they're in out of staggering ignorance.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Dan Pfeiffer for Crooked Media - https://crooked.com/articles/trump-campaign-unoppposed/

And right now, too many Democrats and progressives are distracted by the primary or Trump’s latest tweet for our own good. If we don’t focus, and soon, Trump may get the berth he needs to bolster his standing and beat us again.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    This is really true, it requires a STEADY AND UNRELENTING STREAM OF PROPAGANDA:

Remember the story about Trump staffing his golf clubs with undocumented workers or Trump’s budget that cut nearly a trillion dollars from Medicare to pay for his tax cut for the rich? If any voters saw these stories, they will soon forget them—unless they are drilled into their consciousness with a targeted but consistent digital advertising effort.
    The LEFT needs a digital infiltration more powerful than QAnon.

And they need to infiltrate TWITTER and FACEBOOK with the TRUTH..

I’m not talking lies. I’m talking TRUTH. The TRUTH that the Trump fans NEVER SEE because they only watch Trump-friendly channels of info.

Include all the stats about how NO, minorities aren’t suddenly employed with the best jobs ever in history due to Trump (something they spread all over social media). And NO, Trump does NOT uphold the Constitution. Etc.
    Last edited by allegro; 04-03-2019 at 12:46 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Also, the entire internet needs to be seeded with FACTS that refute Commander Bonespur’s hatred of wind farms.

Now he says wind power CAUSES CANCER!!!!!

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trum...-birds-1384338

Said hatred explained: https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...-cancer-claims
    Last edited by allegro; 04-03-2019 at 12:59 PM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...barr-s-letters

Okay, anyone with a brain, Internet and a TV knew this.

You know what would’ve maybe made a difference here, Mueller team?

!!!CHARGING HIM WITH OBSTRUCTION!!!

And how the fuck did DJT Jr get off with nothing?

It just pisses me off that these dimwitted criminal clowns did this shit in the open and now the big shot attorneys are bitching their stern words weren’t mentioned?! Unless the investigation was cut short, fuck those guys. You should’ve charged them. The evidence was in emails and on live television.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...barr-s-letters

Okay, anyone with a brain, Internet and a TV knew this.

You know what would’ve maybe made a difference here, Mueller team?

!!!CHARGING HIM WITH OBSTRUCTION!!!

And how the fuck did DJT Jr get off with nothing?

It just pisses me off that these dimwitted criminal clowns did this shit in the open and now the big shot attorneys are bitching their stern words weren’t mentioned?! Unless the investigation was cut short, fuck those guys. You should’ve charged them. The evidence was in emails and on live television.
    Mueller couldn’t charge him with anything. He could only “recommend” charges to the AG, as Special Counsel.

So even if this report said “omg fuck yes this guy obstructed the fuck outa obstruction!” Barr is redacting shit and holding back the report and telling people what it says. It’s unprecedented. He’s claiming this is per the rules of Special Counsel (legislation), but he’s just making shit up right now. Helping to obstruct.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    This is really true, it requires a STEADY AND UNRELENTING STREAM OF PROPAGANDA:

The LEFT needs a digital infiltration more powerful than QAnon.

And they need to infiltrate TWITTER and FACEBOOK with the TRUTH..

I’m not talking lies. I’m talking TRUTH. The TRUTH that the Trump fans NEVER SEE because they only watch Trump-friendly channels of info.

Include all the stats about how NO, minorities aren’t suddenly employed with the best jobs ever in history due to Trump (something they spread all over social media). And NO, Trump does NOT uphold the Constitution. Etc.
    But how do you beat confirmation bias? The truth IS out on the internet, papers, and TV every single day. It's readily available for everybody to see. The problem is that people who don't WANT it to be true either won't read it, or will read it and go "that's not true" and just pat themselves on the back for being smarter than whatever they just read. It's like trying to catch mist with these people.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    But how do you beat confirmation bias? The truth IS out on the internet, papers, and TV every single day. It's readily available for everybody to see. The problem is that people who don't WANT it to be true either won't read it, or will read it and go "that's not true" and just pat themselves on the back for being smarter than whatever they just read. It's like trying to catch mist with these people.
    There are ways to present it that will fuck with their heads.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Mueller couldn’t charge him with anything. He could only “recommend” charges to the AG, as Special Counsel.

So even if this report said “omg fuck yes this guy obstructed the fuck outa obstruction!” Barr is redacting shit and holding back the report and telling people what it says. It’s unprecedented. He’s claiming this is per the rules of Special Counsel (legislation), but he’s just making shit up right now. Helping to obstruct.
    So this is much worse. Great...

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Well, yeah, this is worse.

I mean, at this point, the report could be held back until it goes as far as the SCOTUS, but that could take a long time in delays so it could go PAST the 2020 elections. Which is probably the intention.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Alles fired as director of the Secret Service. My favorite moment from this so far is that someone in the WaPo comments section made a pretty obvious joke about his desire to leave the president unprotected (while referencing the Deep State), and everybody thought he was serious about Deep State and completely missed the joke.

Reading comprehension these days just isn't what it used to be.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    TYT got some sound bytes from some Trumpists in California and of course they're about as bright as you'd expect, in other words NOT AT ALL.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Barr says he's going to release a redacted version of the Mueller report.
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/09/polit...ort/index.html

In case anyone feels the need to Google "redacted" like I did, it's this thing.

Just a friendly reminder that there is obviously something in that report that Trump doesn't want you to know, even if it isn't a straight line between him and Putin.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    well, not necessarily. It's been expected from the beginning that the report would be redacted, especially before it would be presented to the public.

the thing Barr is doing that's weird is that he's been shuffling his feet rather slowly here, especially when members of Mueller's team have said that his summary was insufficient, and then it turns out that they did provide summaries intended to be released to the public which weren't...

I was on the side of "benefit of the doubt" there, but it's getting back to that good ol suspicious territory.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I feel like if it was being presented dishonestly, Mueller would have put out a statement on behalf of the team, or a representative would have. Remember when Buzzfeed was playing fast and loose with the facts? Mueller spoke up, via proxy of course. Mueller has come off as a dude who really isn't interested in drama and bullshit.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    I feel like if it was being presented dishonestly, Mueller would have put out a statement on behalf of the team, or a representative would have. Remember when Buzzfeed was playing fast and loose with the facts? Mueller spoke up, via proxy of course. Mueller has come off as a dude who really isn't interested in drama and bullshit.
    You still believe that Barr is playing by the rules? I’m willing to bet that mueller is gagged in someway. I believe Barr truncated the investigation and mueller probably can’t talk about that either.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    You still believe that Barr is playing by the rules? I’m willing to bet that mueller is gagged in someway. I believe Barr truncated the investigation and mueller probably can’t talk about that either.
    I don't have a mindset about Barr, really, i don't know much about him. From the investigation though, i think we all have a pretty clear picture of Mueller, and i honestly don't think he'd sit well with a gag order. Course, since i don't know him personally, it's all conjecture, but i'd like to at least believe that Mueller is one of the honest ones in DC right now.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    I don't have a mindset about Barr, really, i don't know much about him. From the investigation though, i think we all have a pretty clear picture of Mueller, and i honestly don't think he'd sit well with a gag order. Course, since i don't know him personally, it's all conjecture, but i'd like to at least believe that Mueller is one of the honest ones in DC right now.
    I was just watching maddow and she showed a clip from the hearing today where Barr says it would be “unfortunate” if the judiciary committee got the report from the special counsel as opposed to getting the redacted report from him. what an interesting response. I guess that proves my theory that mueller can’t talk wrong. Maddow suggested that someone should question that more during the hearing tomorrow.

Most telling tho, is that Barr won’t answer if the White House has seen the report. It’s a yes or no question. If he’s not helping trump, why can’t he answer that question directly?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Keep Kirstjen Nielsen unemployed and eating Grubhub over her kitchen sink

First line -

ONE OF THE biggest regrets of my life is not pissing in Bill Kristol’s salmon.
    Fantastic.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Today Donald Trump threatene to punish us by implementing the best possible solution: just sending detained immigrants to sanctuary cities. Pretty trippy. Of course even if that happens the regi e needs to hang but it's fun that we've arrive here through sheer circular logic

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Donald Trump is going to get Ilhan Omar killed.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    Donald Trump is going to get Ilhan Omar killed.
    He AND Fox News (particularly Fox & Friends) are carrying out a murderous HIT JOB on Ms. Omar, in plain sight. It’s horrifying.

I admit that I learned a lot about anti-Semitic tropes by things that she said that she (and *I* and I bet a LOT of the country) didn’t realize were anti-Semitic, and we both learned how to say what we think without unwitting derogatory terms. But how is it OKAY for these same assholes on the right who were screaming “ANTI-SEMITISM” to be so BLATANTLY anti-Semitic AND anti-Islam?

This is why PILING ON her for anti-Semitic tropes was WRONG (and now the right thinks ANYTHING she says is wrong), because it leads to THIS.

Never mind that the right says anti-Semitic shit ALL THE TIME, they re-tweet NAZIS (that includes YOU, DON JR.), they are going after her BECAUSE THEY ARE RACISTS AND SHE IS A BLACK WOMAN and THEY HATE MUSLIMS.

Jeanine Pirro is a black woman who is also racist, as weird as that sounds. That’s part of institutionalized racism.
    Last edited by allegro; 04-13-2019 at 02:47 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Trump’s tweet though, especially considering his MAGA hat base... he pretty much sent out an uncloaked message to his followers that said basically: “remember 9/11? Remember the enemy” and pointed at her. It’s insane.

should we be surprised though when we’re talking about the guy who got into politics by accusing our first black president of being an illegitimate citizen?

...and while we are “remembering 9/11,” let’s remember that fateful day, when Trump made it about how he now had the tallest building on the block
    Last edited by Jinsai; 04-13-2019 at 12:25 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Trump’s tweet though, especially considering his MAGA hat base...
    This is where it started, then Trump took off with it, the entire RIGHT is on board with this bullshit, and Trump sees is as a giant opportunity to megaphone it.

https://www.vox.com/2019/4/11/183064...ia-republicans

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Ilhan Omar is the bravest living elected official in the United States right now without question.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladdinsanity View Post
    Ilhan Omar is the bravest living elected official in the United States right now without question.
    edit: either you stealth edited, or I'm tired as fuck and reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally misread your post. Either way, disregard. You're right on this one.