Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Spotting 2019

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Sorry, I'm not familiar with The Black Queen so I don't know what's the significance of this, and whether it supports or not the whole Numan thing. (Are they good? Should I check em out? Thanks!)
    greg from dillinger escape plan, josh eustis from telefon tel aviv (and briefly of NIN), and steven alexander (guitar tech for both trent & billy howerdel of APC). super sexy 80s & R&B influenced synthy music. i love them so much that i have their logo tattooed on me.

i was just saying that someone else in the NIN circle of friends has toured with Kanga and likes her so idunno. i haven't actually listened to any of her stuff, though.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Slightly off topic but i'm one of those people that doesn't have a definitive NIN #1, it generally changes depending on my mood, so anyone with the Fragile as their #1 are fine by me (FYI my current #1 as of writing is ADD VIOLENCE)
    Same, NIN is so much more than a band to me. It's like asking which is my favourite child or something. This isn't just music.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    Same, NIN is so much more than a band to me. It's like asking which is my favourite child or something. This isn't just music.
    Words of wisdom.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Right. Not only that, but my favorites fluctuate with my mood often. My age has also had an effect over the years. I will say that TDS, the EP trilogy, Broken, and The Fragile are currently my favorites (though not necessarily always in that order). Also, it's really difficult to weigh some of the releases against one another. How does one compare a 109-minute expansive, often meditative instrumental double album like Ghosts I-IV to the brisk 21-minute Not the Actual Events?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    “Trent Reznor” was an answer in the “Gothic” category on Jeopardy! yesterday (10/29). Nobody guessed it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post
    “Trent Reznor” was an answer in the “Gothic” category on Jeopardy! yesterday (10/29). Nobody guessed it.
    On an Alex Trebek and pianist related note, I just stumbled upon this Glenn Gould video last night. The first five plus minutes are rather entertaining. Glenn was quite eloquent, and proficient.
    Jump to 5:24 to get to Alex.
    Last edited by Findus; 10-30-2019 at 01:19 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I think my favorite child is still The Fragile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Apologies if this has been posted already, I didn't see it in the last few pages. Nine Inch Nails - Closer But It's Ghostbusters by Ray Parker Jr. aka Closebusters. Just in time for Halloween

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brotha52 View Post
    Interesting that APC's "Thinking of You" is considered a "Scariest song of all time," considering it's about masturbation. Also, it's nice to see a deep cut like The Becoming representing NIN for once!

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    I've been shown a social post from ninlive a few hours ago where he speaks about NIN touring in europe next year
    EDIT: here's the thing.
    Last edited by ninjaw; 10-31-2019 at 12:26 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    I've been shown a social post from ninlive a few hours ago where he speaks about NIN touring in europe next year
    EDIT: here's the thing.

source : https://www.reddit.com/r/primaveraso...uiz_wednesday/

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    There's a handful of people out there that actually think the voice in this track from the new Desert Sessions could be Trent, (I don't, but I find this funny anyway):
    https://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/...ternet-2563906

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    I always love a chance to crossover my two favorite bands.

Underworld's been going to cities around the world asking people on the street who their inspirations (stars) are, and then creating new verses for their song "S T A R" based on their responses. Trent Reznor gets a name check ("Britney Spears, I love Rez") in their latest, Mexico City Edition:

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/trent-reznor-watchmen-pretty-hate-machine-interview-905456/

Holy shit. They talk about playing records in their entirety and, of course, The Fragile comes up. He doesn't say no!
    Last edited by cdm; 11-05-2019 at 09:28 AM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/trent-reznor-watchmen-pretty-hate-machine-interview-905456/

Holy shit. They talk about playing records in their entirety and, of course, The Fragile comes up. He doesn't say no!
    My favorite bit:

What did you think of the way Black Mirror interpreted “Head Like a Hole” this year, in the episode where Miley Cyrus sings a poppy version of the song called “On a Roll”?

I thought it was great. That’s been another one where when you sit back and watch people’s reactions. Probably somewhere in my Twitter feed today somebody will be bitching about, [lowers voice to sound dumb] “I can’t believe you like this. Fucking sellout.” ‘Cause you realize what makes it interesting is the context, and that’s the point.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Sounds like NIN is on the back burner and will be on the back burner for awhile. They haven't even begun writing anything. Kiss 2020 goodbye for any new NIN...

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/steveba.../#559534104fb1

...Usually when we finish a project, and what's interesting about where we're at now, is doing five scores in a row, we're itching to get back to Nine Inch Nails. We're looking forward to not working in service of something. But they do absolutely fuel one another.
    Not a bad kicker right there.
    Last edited by cdm; 11-05-2019 at 04:02 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Sounds like NIN is on the back burner and will be on the back burner for awhile. They haven't even begun writing anything. Kiss 2020 goodbye for any new NIN...
    No album needed, just 6 more shows at Palladium plz. I wouldn't mind Tool style mini tours either.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I am willing to be patient to see something great emerge. Nothing good comes out of constantly churning out work at quickly as possible. Better to let things simmer for a while. I really think as an artist you have to wait until you are in a different headspace for something interesting to come out. It's too soon. The Trilogy was his statement on life in the shadow of fascism and digital idiocy. He's made his statement on where he is. I think the time away will be good. In time, when they return, perhaps they will be in a different place, and we will get something much more interesting.

In the meantime there is SO much still waiting to be discovered on the 50(0)th listen to some of their albums...

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I am really enjoying the multiple recent interviews. I always like reading about Trent's musings on art and the state of things.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    No album needed, just 6 more shows at Palladium plz. I wouldn't mind Tool style mini tours either.
    I can live without a new album or a tour... just give me some of those damned The Fragile outtakes! Literally, that would be enough for me.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    I can live without a new album or a tour... just give me some of those damned The Fragile outtakes! Literally, that would be enough for me.
    I can't live without a tour (esp now that my Tool concerts are over). I need a live show to look forward to!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I wonder if we could do The Fragile. There are eight songs we don’t know. So maybe next time we tour, we’ll do our homework and work up a few of them.
    Any guesses as to the 8?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    Any guesses as to the 8?
    My guess is he was off of one based on songs the Not played live:
    1. Pilgrimage
    2. 10 Miles High
    3. The New Flesh
    4. Where is Everybody?
    5. I’m Looking Forward To Joining Finally
    6. Underneath in All
    7. Ripe

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Perhaps Underneath It All and Ripe are 2 of em?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    1. Pilgrimage
    2. 10 Miles High
    3. The New Flesh
    4. Where is Everybody?
    6. Underneath in All
    7. Ripe
    I forgot WITT was a setlist staple for like 5 sets.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    1. Pilgrimage
    2. 10 Miles High
    3. The New Flesh
    4. Where is Everybody?
    6. Underneath in All
    7. Ripe
    Maybe +Appendage is that 8th song he’s talking about

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I don't think he meant this number literally. For all we know, this version of the band didn't play/learn much more songs than eight.
    If, say, Alessandro played Please in 2006 (not on bass like he would play it now) and Robin did it it in 2000, they'd definitely need to learn it anew, same with other 5-6 songs.
    Last edited by fillow; 11-06-2019 at 12:36 AM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zeegrizzle View Post
    Maybe +Appendage is that 8th song he’s talking about
    Err... you guys forgot about The great below ? I regret it for long time, and 10 miles high is nothing really hard to play.