Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Soul (2020)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    A truly beautiful score. I can’t wait to hear it in the context of the film.

“Epiphany” brought me to tears.

I played it like five times in a row.

I lost my dog/absolute best friend of 17.5 years on 11/13/2020, and I’ve cried every single day since.

This track punched a hole right through my heart and got me sobbing, but it also helped me find some peace.

I really, really needed this. My heart is slightly less heavy as I head to bed tonight...

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    does anyone know CD tracklist??

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    So... do we think this will be available to buy digitally from nin.com, or TR&AR's bandcamp? Itching to listen to it, but would rather get it direct from the boys.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    The Target "clear" vinyl?
    Correct.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    ONE Target within 100 miles of me had the vinyl in stock today. Just happened to be the Target down the road from where I live. Picked it up. Can't wait to give it a spin after work.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Am I missing something or has this not been released on Apple Music in the UK yet?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascender View Post
    Am I missing something or has this not been released on Apple Music in the UK yet?
    It doesn't seem to be on Apple Music or Spotify in the US either.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    The Target "clear" vinyl?
    Yep! I got confirmation that I will have it on the 22nd.

My Amazon, regular version, is scheduled to arrive today before 10pm. YAY!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I made a Spotify playlist that's just the TR/AR songs, since that doesn't seem to exist yet. I'm definitely looking forward to hearing the Jon Batiste stuff, but I wanted to start here and figured some of you would, too.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/15...TXWjhPzLPTkwfw

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Pro-Tip: add the soundtrack to your library and remove all the non TR/AR songs and it is the same as the vinyl tracklist.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    Pro-Tip: add the soundtrack to your library and remove all the non TR/AR songs and it is the same as the vinyl tracklist.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    So... do we think this will be available to buy digitally from nin.com, or TR&AR's bandcamp? Itching to listen to it, but would rather get it direct from the boys.
    Neither. Disney is handling the distribution so likely just the “Big online digital stores”

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    Neither. Disney is handling the distribution so likely just the “Big online digital stores”
    Yeah, if there's one company isn't going to let TR/AR distribute music themselves, it's Disney.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    This has been on Apple Music since yesterday (Thursday). It's weird, but you can't search for it. It's not listed as Soul, it's not listed as Trent Reznor. The way I found it was to search for "Disney Hits" and immediately there is a result for a compilation where you can see the Soul character on the cover. Then look at the compilation and find a Soul track, then click on the Soul album from there. Maybe it will be searchable today?
    Last edited by atomobile; 12-18-2020 at 10:07 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulgaren View Post
    now we are going to have 2 songs titled falling
    Whats the other?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Whats the other?
    From the Quake soundtrack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    https://music.apple.com/pl/album/sou...ack/1543828609

here’s a link hopefully it works for you guys

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by atomobile View Post
    This has been on Apple Music since yesterday (Thursday). It's weird, but you can't search for it. It's not listed as Soul, it's not listed as Trent Reznor. The way I found it was to search for "Disney Hits" and immediately there is a result for a compilation where you can see the Soul character on the cover. Then look at the compilation and find a Soul track, then click on the Soul album from there. Maybe it will be searchable today?
    The playlist method doesn't work for me on Spotify. I see the Disney Hits playlist you speak of with the character as the art but when I scroll through there is no Soul tracks included. On Spotify search for "Soul Colonna" and it will come up. No idea why it's so difficult to find.

Edit: and with that NIN tweet at 11:25am it's magically searchable and appears normally
    Last edited by cdm; 12-18-2020 at 10:28 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I have created a SOUL playlist on AppleMusic that starts with the complete Trent Reznor score, followed by the complete Batiste Jazz tracks, followed by all the songs, including an extra "It's All Right" Duet version that's not on the soundtrack, followed by exclusive songs created for the Spanish, Italian, and French versions of the soundtrack. As far as I know, this is everything out there:

https://music.apple.com/us/playlist/....u-PDpEtJe7gZD

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by atomobile View Post
    Well done on finding it! I can now get the whole album via that method on Apple Music, thanks!

Scratch that. Can't seem to add it or individual tracks etc. Not sure what's going on.
    Last edited by Ascender; 12-18-2020 at 10:31 AM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Really lovely after one listen. In the same way Mank feels like big band but also like Trent & Atticus, this sounds like a solemn, spacy, hopeful Pixar score while also sounding like Trent & Atticus. I've really been impressed over the past year how well they've been able to mold themselves into such different styles for their recent projects. There was a period where the scores were sounding pretty similar to me, and I started to think I wasn't going to be super excited by one again, but now it seems they're knocking every one of these out of the damn park.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Boy howdy, this is the fucking​ ticket!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Does the vinyl have a download code inside? I ordered the Target version, don't want to pay for a download if it already comes with one.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So does the digital track listing flow better then listening to them separately? Or is this just how Disney put the track listing together?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    This is a pretty wonderful listen so far, very VERY much what i needed to hear right now!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leprekon666 View Post
    So does the digital track listing flow better then listening to them separately? Or is this just how Disney put the track listing together?
    I'm listening to the full thing now. It seems to be pretty smartly structured, where you get several JB songs and several TR/AR songs, so it's not constant whiplash of changing styles. It really comes down to what you want to listen to -- if you just want to hear a fairly traditional TR/AR score or just want to hear a jazzy score, then listen separately, but if you want a longer, genre-crossing experience that tells a more complete story, they did a good job of organizing it all to satisfy that.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    And its here! Regular Edition from Amazon

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by spahn; 12-18-2020 at 12:43 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    All working fine in Apple Music (UK) now, I guess they were waiting for some of the US releases to go-live.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    And its here! Regular Edition from Amazon

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    got mine too but holy cow my side 1 is rife with major popping/jarring tone shift issues. Think Eater of Dreams. Had to check the Apple version to make sure it wasn’t part of the track. Doesn’t look that bad, little sleeve rash but man it sounds terrible. Can one of y’all let me know how yours plays, hopefully not a pressing issue.

edit: closer look at the sleeve rash there’s a couple good super fine lines in there that are wrecking shop.
    Last edited by ekrekel; 12-18-2020 at 01:27 PM.