Page 38 of 128 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 88 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 3812

Thread: 11/08/2022, The Midterms, aka build on 2020 aka The Election Thread

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Look, THAT isn’t even his good anti-Pete stuff. That’s petty stuff against some poor dumb volunteer.

Here’s some actual substance:

Last edited by allegro; 02-10-2020 at 12:07 AM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Lol thanks. SCOTUS would cost me about another $150K in student loans and then double that much, at least, in greased palms. I’d be dead, first.
    I'll start the GoFundMe. The fact that you're even worried about the greased palms aspect tells me you're the right person for the job.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    SNL nailed this re: Bernie Bros

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    I think there are a lot of good Sanders supporters, who believe he can bring change, or they like his policy proposals and/or his foreign policy ideas (the President is heavily involved in negotiating foreign policy and trade policy).
    There are and I hope the majority support the eventual nominee, Bernie or not. But the ultra-vocal "Bernie or burn it down" portion of his following is selfish and abhorrent.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    There are and I hope the majority support the eventual nominee, Bernie or not. But the ultra-vocal "Bernie or burn it down" portion of his following is selfish and abhorrent.
    The latter confuse me. I just saw one on Twitter that I immediately suspected was a Russian bot until I looked at her feed and saw that she wasn’t, and that she’s just ... stupid. She was going on about how they were gonna BURN DOWN THE TWO PARTY SYSTEM ... while campaigning for a guy who’s using the two-party system. Okay, Karen.

Blocked.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    The latter confuse me. I just saw one on Twitter that I immediately suspected was a Russian bot...
    I think it's a mix: A. those still feeling aggrieved from the way things shook out in 2016, B. fakes / bots planting seeds of discontent, and C. naive idiots easily influenced by A and B. What percentage of each?..no idea.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

2020 United States Presidential Election

Do you guys think Donald Trump is going to win another 4 years?

I do.

Fuck, he's such a cunt.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Mike Bloomberg tried to bury leaked audio of him being a racist prick who believes in racial profiling...

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Mike Bloomberg tried to bury leaked audio of him being a racist prick who believes in racial profiling...
    I'm not giving them any ad revenue but based on the title of this...I think it's really funny they think they're breaking news when we have years and years of evidence that Bloomberg thought racial profiling was just policy. He admitted and 'apologized' for it because his strategists and managers told him he had to not because he had some epiphany.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    If donnys "grab em by the pussy" and making fun of that disabled guy didn't stop him from being electable this racist shit isn't going to do anything to bloomberg.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    :lol

I'm laughing because of how fractured the democrats are for candidates vs. how lock step the republicans are behind Trump.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    If donnys "grab em by the pussy" and making fun of that disabled guy didn't stop him from being electable this racist shit isn't going to do anything to bloomberg.
    I'd like to remind you that Al Franken resigned after ALLEGATIONS of sexual misconduct, while any Republican with a proven history of assault is still welcomed by the party.

Allegations of misdoings can absolutely sink a Democratic candidate. I'm not saying it *will* (I haven't even listened because I honestly don't care; I doubt he'll get the nod and if he does he's getting my vote over Trump). But to think that Democrats and Republicans are held to the same moral standards is hilariously misguided.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    I think it has more to do with the fact that we already know who Bloomberg is. This shouldn't shock anyone.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I'd like to remind you that Al Franken resigned after ALLEGATIONS of sexual misconduct, while any Republican with a proven history of assault is still welcomed by the party.

Allegations of misdoings can absolutely sink a Democratic candidate. I'm not saying it *will* (I haven't even listened because I honestly don't care; I doubt he'll get the nod and if he does he's getting my vote over Trump). But to think that Democrats and Republicans are held to the same moral standards is hilariously misguided.
    Democrats hold themselves and others to this higher moral standard.

Republicans claim to be the party of morals, but they actually have none.

Perhaps Democrats need to ease up on strict purity tests, lest they hand the Presidency to the most evil prick of them all.

I think part of the issue, for many Democratic voters, is that any Democratic candidate has really big shoes to fill when compared to President Obama. I still see people CRY when Obama appears anywhere. This is likely, at least partly, due to who’s in the office, now, in comparison.
    Last edited by allegro; 02-11-2020 at 11:43 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Voters concerned after Nevada Democratic Party hires former Buttigieg campaign staffer as its new Voter Protection Director.

You would think after the connections between Pete and the app behind the clusterfuck in Iowa that they would care about the optics of this. Emily Goldman worked as an organizer for Pete from October 2019 until February 2020, where she then became Voter Protection Director of the Nevada State Democratic Party in February 2020. After this was discovered, she locked her Twitter account and scrubbed her employment history from LinkedIn.

https://news3lv.com/news/local/voter...tigieg-staffer

P.S. Troy Price, the chair of the Iowa Democratic Party and another one who brought us the clusterfuck that is the Iowa caucus, was a Senior Advisor for Hillary Clinton in 2016.
    Last edited by neorev; 02-11-2020 at 04:04 PM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Yang has dropped out. (Not gonna bother with specific articles; everyone is covering it.)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Bernie won. Again. Get into it.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    If you want Trump gone but you're attacking Bernie, you're a lying dog faced pony soldier.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfkiller View Post
    If you want Trump gone but you're attacking Bernie, you're a lying dog faced pony soldier.
    Look Jack, that's not how me & ol' Cornpop did things at the sock hop in the good ole days!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Bernie!

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Look Jack, that's not how me & ol' Cornpop did things at the sock hop in the good ole days!
    Listen, Fat. We can settle this malarkey with a pushup contest!

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Listen, Fat. We can settle this malarkey with a pushup contest!
    Why don't you fuck off you dogfaced bitch, wanna go out and fist fight like real americans?

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    tone it down and get back on topic.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Guys get back on ETS tone police approved topics, like bashing Bernie supporters exclusively by perpetuating mainstream media "Bernie Bros" smear narratives.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Guys get back on ETS tone police approved topics, like bashing Bernie supporters exclusively by perpetuating mainstream media "Bernie Bros" smear narratives.
    You guys KNOW this is a Warren or Clinton candidate only board.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

11/3/2020 - President, Senate, House, LOCAL

I must be missing the deeper meaning behind breaking into name calling and insults. Why is that necessary to the discussion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    They’re doing Biden bits. It’s not real fighting.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    I must be missing the deeper meaning behind breaking into name calling and insults. Why is that necessary to the discussion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/05/u...-push-ups.html
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-new-hampshire
    https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...en-no-malarkey

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Thanks for the links. It still seems like drift to me, especially with out context. As long as you guys aren’t using the board to be ugly to each other, tho. Carry on.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Chris Matthews and NBC are trying hard to make it like Bernie didn't win...
    https://twitter.com/shaunking/status...808762880?s=19