Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1259

Thread: Twin Peaks - Spoilers

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InsecureSpike View Post
    Uninterrupted Marathon Announced of Season 3
    Like, for people who decide it's about time to loose their minds completely? :^)

Edit: I want to edit that "loose" to "lose" but can't! Twin Peaks magic!
    Last edited by Substance242; 05-29-2018 at 03:32 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    my wife and i started watching the season 3 special features yesterday. the richard beymer films are really cool, fly-on-the-wall style looks at some of the process and we really enjoyed them. it's insane to me that they were using actual electrical arcing to make the sparks/light/sound when coop is being led through by gerard & the woodsmen.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    my wife and i started watching the season 3 special features yesterday. the richard beymer films are really cool, fly-on-the-wall style looks at some of the process and we really enjoyed them. it's insane to me that they were using actual electrical arcing to make the sparks/light/sound when coop is being led through by gerard & the woodsmen.
    I'd love to see these. The fact that they were doing the electrical stuff for real is further proof to me that Twin Peaks is actually a documentary and the lodges are real

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    They hit their funding goal yesterday and are now working on getting to $300k so everyone can get a DVD of the documentary. 27 hours left! I'm getting an answer log with David Lynch approved and suggested answers, which is super exciting. Also doing the tree to dedicate to my uncle who died of kidney cancer.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    (about Room To Dream) I really wish physical books came with digital downloads. I used an audible credit for a audiobook, and I'm getting the physical book, but I kind of wanted to be able to have the ebook on my phone so I could read it on break at work so I wouldn't have to take the book with me.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/d...son-4-calling/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Twin Peaks Returns To San Diego Comic-Con 2018 For Autographs & Panel

http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/event/...con-sdcc-2018/

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Low, BOB, Low!

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    So no emmy nominations for ANY of the actors and no nomination for the show as a whole.
    This is fucking infuriating to me.
    Someone who did one episode of black mirror got a nomination but Kyle didn't. Seriously, what in the fuck? Writers have been predicting posthumous awards for Ferrer and Coulson and wondering if Lynch could win for directing, writing AND acting.
    And NOTHING. This is fucking absurd.
    There was nothing better on TV than The Return and there was no better cast.

Tv Guide ran this headline for a story and I agree 100%:Twin Peaks Got Snubbed Because the Emmys Don't Appreciate Art

The fact that this was entered as a limited series makes this that much more absurd. It wasn't contending with Westworld or Game of Thrones. This should have been a sweep.
    They BETTER at least give Lynch the directing nod.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    So no emmy nominations for ANY of the actors and no nomination for the show as a whole.
    This is fucking infuriating to me.
    Someone who did one episode of black mirror got a nomination but Kyle didn't. Seriously, what in the fuck? Writers have been predicting posthumous awards for Ferrer and Coulson and wondering if Lynch could win for directing, writing AND acting.
    And NOTHING. This is fucking absurd.
    There was nothing better on TV than The Return and there was no better cast.

Tv Guide ran this headline for a story and I agree 100%:Twin Peaks Got Snubbed Because the Emmys Don't Appreciate Art

The fact that this was entered as a limited series makes this that much more absurd. It wasn't contending with Westworld or Game of Thrones. This should have been a sweep.
    They BETTER at least give Lynch the directing nod.
    I consider the Emmys the TV film industry's version of the Grammies. Awards mean nothing aka it means absolutely jack shit.

Unlike the Grammies, stuff I like actually wins and gets Emmy Awards though.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Lmfao the Emmys. Like the Emmys, the Oscars, the Grammys, the MTV Video Music Awards, etc. are some benchmark of what quantifies the best of the arts. These awards shows are nothing more than a glorified circle jerk for industry types, plauditing whatever flavors of the year have made the industry the most money for the given fiscal. They are in no way, shape or form a measuring stick for what qualifies as art or originality in any given media.

Kyle McLachlan accomplishing the multi-layered role he performed in this series and getting not so much as a mention should tell anyone who understands true art all they need to know about a jerk-off gathering like the Emmys. We should all be thankful they gave Twin Peaks the go-by..

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    @elevenism ... you know Twin Peaks got nominated for 9 awards including Directing and Writing?

Aside from Kyle, the acting wasn't really what made the show (I mean it wasn't bad, but it's not the vital component). And Kyle did get nominated for a Golden Globe, which is more of an actor's award anyway. - I agree with PBS above on that one.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    @elevenism ... you know Twin Peaks got nominated for 9 awards including Directing and Writing?

Aside from Kyle, the acting wasn't really what made the show (I mean it wasn't bad, but it's not the vital component). And Kyle did get nominated for a Golden Globe, which is more of an actor's award anyway. - I agree with PBS above on that one.

yeah I know.
    But the show ITSELF didn't get nominated.
    And good god, all those nominations for.everyone on versace but none for anyone on TP.
    I think it's ludicrous.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Oh and, so, yeah. I didn't know the Emmys were meaningless. I do now.
    But even if it IS a circle jerk, I'm genuinely surprised that they aren't jerking off to twin peaks.

Kyle played (at least) three characters and did a damn fine job.

And as to the fucking series itself not getting nominated?
    It's the best thing I've ever seen on television ever, period. No question.
    And it wasn't even up against westworld and got, it was up against like Godless from netflix and AHS and shit.
    Just, yeah @icklekitty , I feel you, and you too @Prettybrokenspiral

But all year I've been reading predictions not about IF the actors on twin peaks will win the awards, but rather, which ones will win.
    And then this.
    It just chaps my ass

I'm repeating myself at this point.

Bottom line : elevenoe angry because "how come they don't give Kyle gold statue man?"
    Last edited by elevenism; 07-15-2018 at 05:36 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Al Strobel had a heart attack after a fan event. Thankfully he's recovering well.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I stopped taking these award shows seriously years ago. I knew they would barely acknowledge it if even at all.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    twin peaks VR

https://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/...s-vr-official/

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I saw YouTube videos saying that Al Strobel (MIKE) had died. Apparently it was just a rumor: I just realized this when I looked for a news story to link.

That being said, if David Lynch wants to make any more Twin Peaks, he needs to get after it!
    Beymer is 80, Tamblyn is 83, Zabriskie is 77.

And Lynch himself is 72 and still chain smokes :/

These people aren't going to live forever :/

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I was thinking about getting the blu ray release of the entire mystery, anyone know what the deal is with that? is it out of print or something?

On Amazon.ca i can only find the PAL version which goes for $41.17 and then there's this other one that's $207.52 which is fucking outrageous in comparison. The pre-owned prices aren't much better.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    I was thinking about getting the blu ray release of the entire mystery, anyone know what the deal is with that? is it out of print or something?

On Amazon.ca i can only find the PAL version which goes for $41.17 and then there's this other one that's $207.52 which is fucking outrageous in comparison. The pre-owned prices aren't much better.
    As far as I know, it's out of print. But you can get this release for $23.99. It's region free. It's what I have.
    https://www.amazon.com/Twin-Peaks-Co.../dp/B01GRU59XE

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    As far as I know, it's out of print. But you can get this release for $23.99. It's region free. It's what I have.
    https://www.amazon.com/Twin-Peaks-Co.../dp/B01GRU59XE
    So this one is a bit different right, not the original box packaging but the blue plastic? is that because it's a UK version? Hm well at least it's region free and a good price!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I got super stoned last night and decided to throw on episode 8. My God that episode is just unbelievably terrifying in the best way. Trying to think about how Lynch comes up with the stuff he comes up with is like trying to figure out the mysteries of the universe. It's just beyond human comprehension. What a fucking masterpiece.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Twin Peaks - Spoilers

no idea what they taste like, as I'm vegan and they have milk in them, but had to pick them up, just because, but don't smell that great lol.
    they were in one of those £1 shops lol

Last edited by [parasite]; 11-01-2018 at 08:27 AM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    So this one is a bit different right, not the original box packaging but the blue plastic? is that because it's a UK version? Hm well at least it's region free and a good price!
    i'm SO glad i don't feel like i need such things.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I actually just bought this a week or two ago. Yes its just a thick blu-ray plastic case inside a slip-sleeve.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I bought "The Final Dossier" a few weeks ago, i'm enjoying it a lot!
    Is "The Secret Story of TP" as good? i'm planning to buy too

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    @InsecureSpike looks like shitty toblerone

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I bought "The Final Dossier" a few weeks ago, i'm enjoying it a lot!
    Is "The Secret Story of TP" as good? i'm planning to buy too
    it's GREAT, but in a wildly different way. The books are very, very different. While TFD is a short, concise, epilogue of sorts, The Secret History is a much longer, rambling exercise in world building. It connects the world of Twin Peaks to everything from Lewis and Clark to Richard Nixon to old UFO conspiracies and the illuminati and Crowley.

So to answer your question, YES, it IS as good. But it's WAY more about mysteries than giving answers.

Ultimately, it's canon. It's written by Mark and features Twin Peaks throughout. And it's also in universe: it's another document from within the twin peaks world.

You personally @henryeatscereal ? You will fucking LOVE it I think, just as I did. And you MIGHT like it better, just because it's much longer!
    Last edited by elevenism; 11-01-2018 at 10:46 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    @InsecureSpike looks like shitty toblerone
    yup I think you are right