Page 26 of 215 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 126 ... LastLast

Thread: Random NIN Questions

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by telee.kom View Post
    Hey, thanks! That's really good one. Last night I was listening to pretty much every notable recording of this song I've came across and I think I have three favourites including your bootleg. Although none of them is soundboard (I don't even think there is a soundboard rec. of Mr. Self Destruct), they sound really great. The problem is the song itself is really lound, fast and angry and the mics just don't keep up sometimes.

1. 2006, Champaign, Italy
    2. 1994, Columbus, Ohio (Hellraisers Bootleg)
    3. 1994, Tampa, Florida (March Of The Devil Bootleg)
    No problem. There are also a couple of versions on YouTube that were made by pasting together bits of the song from the Appendage of the leaked Closure DVD. I didn't have time to play them and see how they turned out, but here they are:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Technically, Champaign, IL is in Illinois. Heck, even if you were talking country codes, IL is Israel, not Italy. Italy is IT. (END ASSHOLE-ISH RANT)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Haha, sorry I'm an idiot. Should have chcecked it better, I thought it was Champaign, IT

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    No big deal. We've all made bigger mistakes.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I have another. What songs in particular would you recommend to someone, who is not used to that heavy NIN stuff. My best friend is listening to stuff like.. I don't know.. Sigur Rós, Efterklang, Kings Of Convenience, Frames, etc. Not sure how to describe it, but if I would play him Downward Spiral, he'll sent me to hell with this. So I'm asking for some, maybe more fragile songs? So maybe something of Fragile? Or Slip?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I have another. What songs in particular would you recommend to someone, who is not used to that heavy NIN stuff. My best friend is listening to stuff like.. I don't know.. Sigur Rós, Efterklang, Kings Of Convenience, Frames, etc. Not sure how to describe it, but if I would play him Downward Spiral, he'll sent me to hell with this. So I'm asking for some, maybe more fragile songs? So maybe something of Fragile? Or Slip?
    show him Still, for sure. then head backwards to the fragile (maybe even starting with the Right disc and then going to Left).

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    The big singles are often a safe bet, particularly in the '00s. I'd start him off with the Trentticus soundtracks and Still, then throw in stuff like Only, Survivalism, Sin and Hand That Feeds to transition into heavier material via the accessible end of that spectrum, then Fragile Right.

So what Everson said, basically...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    After watching that early Option 30 video of Trent, where he's super 80's and whatnot,
    I started wondering where all of this darkness even came from.
    I guess that's my "random nin question".. What sparked what eventually became a 25 year hellride, full of angst and despair, and
    why hasn't it, for the most part, relented? I understand YZ is a shift from that, but then it gets right back at it with the slip,
    and I can only assume from an album titled hesitation marks, that this isn't going to be much different..

Not that I'm complaining, I find TR's work to be some of the most compelling shit I've ever heard, I'm just wondering where
    the path down that sad/angry road started..

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    It's probably just inborn, dude.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Yeah, I suppose that's the obvious answer. I was just wondering that while watching that video, he seems like a completely
    different person.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    This might be good for him:

http://www.ninwiki.com/The_Definitiv...-_Quiet_Tracks

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pigpen View Post
    Yeah, I suppose that's the obvious answer. I was just wondering that while watching that video, he seems like a completely
    different person.
    maybe thats the "fake" him and NIN is the "real" him?

(i actually think its the other way around)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Or maybe people's lives change... more than once, even.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    maybe thats the "fake" him and NIN is the "real" him?

(i actually think its the other way around)
    I also like to think that Trent Reznor is Batman.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    And Joker. And Riddler too.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I still like to go back to Trent's answer of growing up for (19? some-teen.) years in rural PA.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm trying to find the deluxe version of And All That Could Have Been and people ask too goddamn much for it. How much would you pay for it? Just to know when people are trying to rip me off.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maul View Post
    I'm trying to find the deluxe version of And All That Could Have Been and people ask too goddamn much for it. How much would you pay for it? Just to know when people are trying to rip me off.
    It's your lucky day

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm from Spain,dude

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I'm from Spain,dude
    ?? He'll ship internationally.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I've already checked shipping rates and there's no way I'm paying that.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    does anyone know where i could grab the mp3 of all the love in the world version that has the extra dialogue samples?
    it was originally in the definitive nin - deep cuts playlist (https://soundcloud.com/nineinchnails...-nin-deep-cuts)
    Last edited by hologram parade; 07-24-2013 at 12:59 PM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Why even ask about the deluxe version if you refuse to pay international shipping?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Because I've found a seller from the UK through Ebay and the final price including the shipping is 30 euros (39 dollars aproximately) and I want to know if that's too much or it's too little.That's why.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Why didn't you ask about that specifically (in Marketplace) instead of some vague hypothetical about how you've been having a hard time finding one.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Because I've found a seller from the UK through Ebay and the final price including the shipping is 30 euros (39 dollars aproximately) and I want to know if that's too much or it's too little.That's why.
    Just because your location is in a pile of shit doesn't mean you have to act like one.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Seeing as to how this has been resolved with the lot of ATCHB deluxe cds I have, why don't we be nice here? KTHANKS.

Mentioned
    398 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Just because your location is in a pile of shit doesn't mean you have to act like one.
    Tony, that's not how we do it here. Please keep it civil.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Tony, that's not how we do it here. Please keep it civil.
    Sorry man, there was way too much snark for me.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Since I'm ordering things from US to Europe all the time I can tell you that the lowest price for shipping is about 8-10$, which isn't that much if you ask me (it's pretty much the same price as domestic shipping in my country). It's called something like "Standard international mail shipping" without any fancy stuff like insurance and it will probably take some time to deliver, but it will work. Also with price about 25$ I think you would be free of any custom duty taxes, so 35$ should be the final price