Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: ninwiki

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _T_B_W_ View Post
    Alright these are the last ones I can think of
    Metal (idoliside mix) it was circling around TPB as part of a rare nin tracks and demos torrent (if memory serves right), and was considered an actual NIN Camp remix.
    Isn't that nearly identical to the Lee Completion mix? Or at least they both attempt to reconstruct the song using the samples that were available at the time?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    Isn't that nearly identical to the Lee Completion mix? Or at least they both attempt to reconstruct the song using the samples that were available at the time?
    Strange, I looked into it and the version I was referring to was the Lee Completion mix, maybe mine was mislabeled as the idoliside mix because that's another remix done by somebody else. Either way, those aren't official remixes.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    I seem to remember a "Legend of Zelda" theme that was being passed around the internet; if you could give me a year I'd be able to find it.

The only Zelda mix I know of to be "legit" (and not a fan-done cover, etc.) is by Zedd (released in 2011, was around on the internet for a few years before that).

EDIT: Looks like it was 2008-2009? That is still within the timeframe for it being Zedd; some of his songs sat on MySpace for years before they were released.

EDIT2: Also, what about "Section B" for "The Beauty Of Being Numb"? That's another original composition by Richard D. James.
    Last edited by Jon; 07-27-2015 at 11:50 AM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I seem to remember a "Legend of Zelda" theme that was being passed around the internet; if you could give me a year I'd be able to find it.

The only Zelda mix I know of to be "legit" (and not a fan-done cover, etc.) is by Zedd (released in 2011, was around on the internet for a few years before that).

EDIT: Looks like it was 2008-2009? That is still within the timeframe for it being Zedd; some of his songs sat on MySpace for years before they were released.

EDIT2: Also, what about "Section B" for "The Beauty Of Being Numb"? That's another original composition by Richard D. James.
    There is an old-as-butts zelda track that is labelled as a NIN cover, and it's not. I think there was like some kind of video game music cover band?

And TBOBN is a NIN track still - that'd be like saying Gunshots By Computer should be there as it's half Saul yaknow?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    And TBOBN is a NIN track still - that'd be like saying Gunshots By Computer should be there as it's half Saul yaknow?
    Err, no. No. They are different situations.

NIN made section A, the backmasked MSD. Aphex Twin made section B. Two different pieces, two different composer credits. I'm not sure it's worth listing in the page though. Perhaps mention it in the ATHOIA entry?

GSBC is the same situation as AWP Illum Tangendo. It's a remix. Composer credit to NIN, remix credit to SW.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    There is an old-as-butts zelda track that is labelled as a NIN cover, and it's not. I think there was like some kind of video game music cover band?

Oh, I'm way off. That was the one that Meathead did a rant about.

And, I'd have to agree with seasons on TBOBN; both of the Aphex Twin contributions to FDTS were original pieces.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I don't agree with ATHOIA inclusion at all. So what if it's all Aphex, it was released on a NIN album, which makes it a legit NIN song. They could have recorded Josh Freese making farts and funny noises and put it onto The Slip instead of 999,999 and would still be a NIN song even w/o Trent. I also think that The Frail (Version) is entirely new recording (as is AVOTT remix), but they are still somehow have NIN as main performer

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I don't agree with ATHOIA inclusion at all. So what if it's all Aphex, it was released on a NIN album, which makes it a legit NIN song. They could have recorded Josh Freese making farts and funny noises and put it onto The Slip instead of 999,999 and would still be a NIN song even w/o Trent. I also think that The Frail (Version) is entirely new recording (as is AVOTT remix), but they are still somehow have NIN as main performer
    Unless RDJ was ever a part of NIN, it's not though - it's not credited to NIN and it's not written by anyone who's ever been in the band, live or studio.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    And TR/whoever would still have composition credit for the Frail and AVOTT "remixes" since they didn't change much of the original, just re-performed it. If anything, they blur remix and cover, not remix and original composition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What was the name of the band that actually did the Zelda theme btw? That should be on there for sure
    Nintendo Power
    If Meathead speaks the truth.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Nintendo Power
    If Meathead speaks the truth.
    Meathead speaking the truth is like a 30% chance. Is there a better source than him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Meathead speaking the truth is like a 30% chance. Is there a better source than him?
    While I did check if Nintendo Power was actually the cover band in question, all I got was a concert band of the same name. Judging by their early performances, they dont come near the time the track would've surfaced. Grr, where's Lisbeth when you need her.

Edit:Actually there isn't any concert band called that, just concert bands playing sheet music of Nintendo Power. I'm clueless at this point who really played it.
    Last edited by _T_B_W_; 07-28-2015 at 05:51 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    While I did check if Nintendo Power was actually the cover band in question, all I got was a concert band of the same name. Judging by their early performances, they dont come near the time the track would've surfaced. Grr, where's Lisbeth when you need her.

Edit:Actually there isn't any concert band called that, just concert bands playing sheet music of Nintendo Power. I'm clueless at this point who really played it.
    that track / recording is like from 1999 or earlier, aka the dark days before every scrap of knowledge was digitized on the net. there very well could be a cover band called nintendo power that disappeared into obscurity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll hit back by saying that meathead speaking the truth is 60% minus the earlier posts he did

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Think it's worth putting remastered versions onto the remixes page? (And at this point tempted to rename it Remixes And Alternate Versions)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Think it's worth putting remastered versions onto the remixes page? (And at this point tempted to rename it Remixes And Alternate Versions)
    No. Remasters are meant to replace the original in a collection, not complement it. At this point we only have two Remasters anyway: PHM 2010 and TDS 2004.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    No. Remasters are meant to replace the original in a collection, not complement it. At this point we only have two Remasters anyway: PHM 2010 and TDS 2004.
    The only major exception to that, that I can think of, is Sanctified on the 2010 remaster has a few samples removed that make the song sound significantly different than the original recording.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayscaleRain View Post
    The only major exception to that, that I can think of, is Sanctified on the 2010 remaster has a few samples removed that make the song sound significantly different than the original recording.
    True, but that's merely just a footnote on the sanctified page.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    True, but that's merely just a footnote on the sanctified page.
    Which is all that's really necessary. You could very well say for the tracks on PHM and Get Down Make Love "Remastered in 2010" and any changes made. I've always been a fan of having notable (actual commissioned or in-print) remixes (and the descriptions there-of) on the song pages rather than having a big page of remixed material. However, I can see why someone would want a comprehensive remix page. The remasters, however, I don't think qualify as remixes (even though they TECHNICALLY ARE remixes, more in the concept than anything that is a 'remix' could be considered one, as the tracks have literally be re-'mixed' and re-'mastered' (as in the terms of mixing, how the levels of the instruments are in a track, and mastering, how the track is compressed and equalized) rather than what we think of as 'remixing' which are re-arrangements or re-interpretations of tracks).

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Do we add the cover for Juno on the front page next to Gone Girl?

Or just add it here and create a section for Null Co II and link it to its own page?

http://www.nin.wiki/Halo_numbers#Null_numbers

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Ok, I added it here: http://www.nin.wiki/Halo_numbers#Null_numbers

Someone feel free to go ahead and make the Juno page.

edit: OK, I made the Juno page too. Feel free to refine it.

edit edit: I probably should have named the page "Juno_(single)" and made another one for "Juno_(song)" if anyone would like to rectify that, @sheepdean maybe? Or is it good how it is?
    Last edited by Ryan; 07-01-2016 at 06:22 AM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    @Ryan I'm at work, here's a stub to have fun with http://www.nin.wiki/Juno_(song)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Do we add the cover for Juno on the front page next to Gone Girl?

Or just add it here and create a section for Null Co II and link it to its own page?

http://www.nin.wiki/Halo_numbers#Null_numbers
    I'm still undecided if we should put Juno on the main page next to Gone Girl. It's only 1 track, but at the same time we have all the other instrumental score work on the main page, and you can't get to it unless you click on Discography. What are yours thoughts @Malechite ?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Do we add this to the Gone Girl page somewhere?

http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...043#post309043

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Not a ninwiki, but rather a wikipedia question.
    Does anyone think that Robin, Ilan and Ally's NIN membership should be displayed as ...-2014 (I do), or should they still be considered current members? (here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...mbers#Timeline)
    I truly think there's no sense leaving them as current since the band is on hiatus for 2 years and the membership is usually attributed to live members anyway.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Does anyone think that Robin, Ilan and Ally's NIN membership should be displayed as ...-2014 (I do), or should they still be considered current members? (here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...mbers#Timeline)
    I truly think there's no sense leaving them as current since the band is on hiatus for 2 years and the membership is usually attributed to live members anyway.
    The timeline should probably stop at the last NIN activity anyway, and not stretch to the present since nothing has happened. Even Cargo In The Blood isn't really NIN activity (just an awesome affiliated thing)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It's not THAT big of a deal really. Though they should be adjusted to end in 2014 if they don't stay for the next tour.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Can someone please add Patriots Day next to Before The Flood on the main page? We have info to add: http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...508#post326508
    Last edited by Ryan; 12-13-2016 at 08:14 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I was listening to Can I Stay Here, and Hello, Everything Is Not OK released on Apple Music last year (?) from TF Instrumentals just now in the wake of the recent re-issue news. Went to NIN Wiki, as it's driving me mad as to what the former song is derived from (is it Please?) and was surprised that NINwiki didn't contain that sort of info. Could the wiki entries could be fleshed out a bit rather than the just the standard 'never performed' etc if anyone has any time?