Last night's show:
    Great Big White World:

The Reflecting God:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    Last night's show:

The Reflecting God:
    why is twiggy subjecting himself to this? ive never heard anything this disorganized and downright terrible (cellphone vid or not), at least attempt to be professional. has he gone tone deaf?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Maybe because that is his friend, and he knows that it sucks, but needs a paycheck and likes touring with his friend?

I saw a video of the song better performed. Its like he is either on or off, and is mostly off.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Maybe because that is his friend, and he knows that it sucks, but needs a paycheck and likes touring with his friend?

I saw a video of the song better performed. Its like he is either on or off, and is mostly off.
    i understand the financial aspect, but as his friend he should be honest with him. i have no doubt he can vastly improve, maybe he just needs a serious kick in the ass.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by center27j View Post
    i understand the financial aspect, but as his friend he should be honest with him. i have no doubt he can vastly improve, maybe he just needs a serious kick in the ass.
    Well, I am sure Manson has been told that he needs to do things. But the dude is stubborn and wont listen because he is Marilyn Manson. So I guess those close to him dont see a point. Thats why I think with the passing of his dad, the man is now alone.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I am pretty certain Twiggy is fully aware that the shows aren't what they could be, I recall reading somewhere that he was a bit upset about Manson having to cancel a show minutes before going on stage a year or two ago? I am unsure just how strong his relationship is with Manson at this point. Twiggy has been sober for quite a few years, and Manson (clearly) has not. My guess is they aren't nearly as close as we assume they are. Guys trying to stay sober seldom hang around those with substance issues. Sure, they take the stage together, but I think that is where it currently begins and ends. Manson spends his time name dropping Johnny Depp on social media, while Twiggy uses his to promote his love of Star Wars. I think these two are worlds apart right now.

That said, I will always go to a Manson show so long as Twiggy is in the band. The guy is worth the price of admission to me. Such a great performer while a cool stage presence.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    The Star Wars memorabilia collection won't buy itself, you know

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    HAHA! Too true. If he really was hard up for cash he could have gone back to APC. I am sure there is more money there than in Manson right now. That last APC tour was awful though. I mean, I get it, they wanted to promote Emotive, but my god... SUCKED. Give me Manson slurring and stumbling through the Beautiful People any day over that last APC tour.

Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    The Star Wars memorabilia collection won't buy itself, you know

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by renton44 View Post
    That last APC tour was awful though.
    You do know their last tour was this past spring and is going to have a second leg this fall and has been highly-acclaimed as one of MJK's best tours in recent years, featuring lots of material from Mer de Noms as well as two new songs and a minimal amount of covers (including none at all at the festival date I attended)?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    You do know their last tour was this past spring and is going to have a second leg this fall and has been highly-acclaimed as one of MJK's best tours in recent years, featuring lots of material from Mer de Noms as well as two new songs and a minimal amount of covers (including none at all at the festival date I attended)?
    I do, but that last tour and MJK's attitude as of late kinda have me turned off.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by renton44 View Post
    I do, but that last tour and MJK's attitude as of late kinda have me turned off.
    he's actually been extremely forthright and honest lately....his live performances have also been his strongest in yrs.

seeing manson embarrass himself has gone on long enough.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by center27j View Post
    he's actually been extremely forthright and honest lately....his live performances have also been his strongest in yrs.

seeing manson embarrass himself has gone on long enough.
    I am not saying Manson is perfect (far far far from it). Dude is terrible right now.

But that last APC tour was horrible (imo) and I am not exactly digging how Maynard seems to throw his band mates in Tool under the bus and then back over it. But this is just a matter of perspective and how I currently feel. APC isn't in my town until Nov, so plenty of time for me to change my mind. But I saw them enough times back in they day, and that last tour I saw them on really didn't sit well with me (kinda like some with Manson atm). Had I know it was going to be a show of covers before buying tickets, I never would have gone. Still a solid band, but I'll wait until they start that fall tour and see a setlist or two before I buy a ticket.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
    I thought Golden Years by David Bowie wasn't bad... either.
    From the "Dead Guys on Campus" soundtrack or whatever it was called? That's probably my favorite cover he's done. There was some good "forgotten" music on that soundtrack, from Blur, Elastica, Self and a bunch of others. Pretty sure Twiggy had a cover song on there, too

Manson just can't seem to die on this board, no matter how much negative press he gets. Remember the old Manson thread that got shut down after that one hyper-Manson fan went berserk on a moderator, I think? What was that dude's name again? He would follow Manson to like every show, leech Burger King wifi and sleep on rooftops or something? Madness..

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    What was that dude's name again?
    You're lucky that you forgot and you should feel grateful forever and never pursue this line of questioning any further ever again lest the seal be broken and the stream of poorly-formatted white trash mania spew forth once more

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    That new nutbar on here reminds me a bit of he who shall not be named though.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Is twiggy back in the band? He recently posted a photo backstage and decked out but doesn't say who he's playing with

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Is twiggy back in the band? He recently posted a photo backstage and decked out but doesn't say who he's playing with
    Yeah, he's there. Not promoting the tour because he's probably embarassed.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Yeah, he's there. Not promoting the tour because he's probably embarassed.
    He rarely ever post anything MM-related. 99% of the time it's either Star Wars stuff, or Hour of Goon promotion.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    You're lucky that you forgot and you should feel grateful forever and never pursue this line of questioning any further ever again lest the seal be broken and the stream of poorly-formatted white trash mania spew forth once more
    lol

Was he that bad? The same dude had like an everlasting erection for the Transformers movies too, right?

Manson and Michael Bay. Oh, what a pair..

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    lol

Was he that bad? The same dude had like an everlasting erection for the Transformers movies too, right?

Manson and Michael Bay. Oh, what a pair..
    He bragged about drinking water bottles full of warm vodka and passing out on the sidewalk in the sun after stealing merchandise from movie theatres, joked around about times he almost died from smoking fentanyl and launched a gofundme to get people to help him see a band he's seen almost 200 times already because apparently that's the kind of thing people should be kickstarting and, in general, it was the embodiment of everything wrong with Manson fans and why there are so many of us embarrassed to admit we ever liked the guy to begin with out of fear of being associated with that kind of childish stunted irresponsible bullshit.

Just typing all of that and knowing it wasn't about an It's Always Sunny character makes me want to go take a shower.

Back more on topic: none of these videos from further shows have made this tour look any better. At best he sounds half-way passable but barely and never above that. It's sad that I'd rather they not play Reflecting God at all if they're going to be playing it like that. I'll take professional, talented, top-of-their-game and skilled performers over ... whatever you want to call what this guy is doing nowadays any moment of the week.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    He bragged about drinking water bottles full of warm vodka and passing out on the sidewalk in the sun after stealing merchandise from movie theatres, joked around about times he almost died from smoking fentanyl and launched a gofundme to get people to help him see a band he's seen almost 200 times already because apparently that's the kind of thing people should be kickstarting and, in general, it was the embodiment of everything wrong with Manson fans and why there are so many of us embarrassed to admit we ever liked the guy to begin with out of fear of being associated with that kind of childish stunted irresponsible bullshit.

Just typing all of that and knowing it wasn't about an It's Always Sunny character makes me want to go take a shower.

Back more on topic: none of these videos from further shows have made this tour look any better. At best he sounds half-way passable but barely and never above that. It's sad that I'd rather they not play Reflecting God at all if they're going to be playing it like that. I'll take professional, talented, top-of-their-game and skilled performers over ... whatever you want to call what this guy is doing nowadays any moment of the week.
    His ban ends in about 24 hours. Just saying.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

This made me laugh SO fucking much. Especially the bolded sections.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I've said it a few times, but the effect he still has on this thread without even being here makes me chuckle

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    His ban ends in about 24 hours. Just saying.
    what? Are you fucking serious?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    What was that dude's name again?...
    Love to help you out, but I'm in such a HAZE,K? I,AH...don't know if I am dreaming anymore

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    what? Are you fucking serious?
    Bans here are generally for a year. I asked when I noticed someone who was banned came back. Hazekiah's ban was on July 28th last year - I thought it was around September last year and checked his old posts a few weeks ago. I made a mental note of the date.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Bans here are generally for a year. I asked when I noticed someone who was banned came back. Hazekiah's ban was on July 28th last year - I thought it was around September last year and checked his old posts a few weeks ago. I made a mental note of the date.
    *insert Jaws theme*

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Hazekiah was just here a few hours ago. I saw his name in the little lobby section down at the bottom of the screen. Let the good times roll..

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    All weird and shit, but I mostly enjoyed his madness and think he's one of the highlights of this very forum. Welcome back Haz if you're reading this!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Hazekiah was just here a few hours ago. I saw his name in the little lobby section down at the bottom of the screen. Let the good times roll..
    I've seen him in the 'online members' list quite often.