Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: The Really Super Cool Electronica Thread

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I like some things you're posting here, but it does feel like this thread is getting hijacked to plug and self/friend-promote. I like a lot of your music, but.... what's happening here?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Sorry, didnt mean to hijack anything. Sure, I've become friends with some of these folks, but I discovered them through their music first. A lot of the music I listen to I discovered through producer communities and groups. So I can't help if I know some of these folks. I actually like and listen to their stuff and thought it fit the whole "here's some cool electronic music" thread. It's electronic music, it's music I actually listen to. How else would people discover unknown music if no one shared it? It's been a bit dead around here, thought it would be cool to go with more unknown stuff than the usual. Just seems strange that if I was sharing a bunch of music that is more known, that would be fine. But sharing unknown music from folks who I happen to have become friends with online means there's some ulterior motive behind it. If someone else here knew someone who was making some good electronic music, I'd wanna hear it. Aren't we all just promoting electronic music we love, listen to, and want to support here? If we know the person at all, we're not allowed to share their music even if we love it? It just seems strange. If I was talking about The Prodigy or Aphex Twin or Autechre I would still be promoting music. It's all the same, music we love and want to share. It's not like I'm sharing my cousin's shitty amateur punk polka band here. These are electronic producers from all over the world and I've mostly shared other people's music here. Sure I made a couple of posts about my new album release back in September. I did respond to Your Name Here earlier about what I did to promote my album since he was trying to figure out how to get his music out to a bigger audience and thought it may help him. But I can't help it if no one else wanted to share anything here the last couple of months and I tried to keep the thread alive by sharing some folks' music.
    Last edited by neorev; 12-24-2015 at 03:05 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I swear I don't know any of these following guys personally...

Any EPROM fans here? I dug this collaboration Shades EP he did with DnB producer Alix Perez.
    Last edited by neorev; 12-24-2015 at 07:09 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Also really loved Monstro's Spectre EP...

Some slow brooding techno, especially love the production. Some bits remind me of Gesaffelstein... if you don't know Gesaffelstein, check out his album Aleph.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    And Mr. Oizo just released the Hand In The Fire EP...

Title track is a collab with Charli XCX.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    He released this short little film called Being Flat to promote it, starring Stevie from HBO's Eastbound & Down...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    and Underworld released the remastered super deluxe edition of their album Second Toughest In The Infants last month...

The third disc of unreleased material is pretty darn good. This and Dubnobasswithmyheadman super deluxe are amazing boxsets. Can't wait for Beaucoup Fish next!
    These three albums are definitive Underworld.
    Underworld is also releasing a new album in March called Barbara Barbara We Face A Shining Future that is available to preorder.
    http://www.underworldlive.com/

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Neorev, I am going to respond I'm just listening to all the music first before I make a comment.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Lorn's new album "Vessel" just came out on December 30th and I'm loving it! He recently did the music for the video game Killzone Shadow Fall. He's associated with Brainfeeder and Ninja Tune.

You can name your own price, with no minimum here... http://lorn.bandcamp.com

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Pitchfork just posted an article about a bunch of electronic live albums that are better than being at the gig (ooookay), but I'm taking it as a "great live albums" post. Working my way through it, there's some pretty great stuff, including Autechre's recently update AE_LIVE bundle from their current tour. Five more shows were added to it in December.

http://pitchfork.com/thepitch/981-si...n-being-there/

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtig View Post
    Pitchfork just posted an article about a bunch of electronic live albums that are better than being at the gig (ooookay), but I'm taking it as a "great live albums" post. Working my way through it, there's some pretty great stuff, including Autechre's recently update AE_LIVE bundle from their current tour. Five more shows were added to it in December.

Looking back on some older, but still pretty damn good live releases...
    The Prodigy released World's On Fire Live CD/DVD (or Blu-ray) a few years ago, which features some live only exclusive tracks/alternate versions.
    The Chemical Brothers did the same with their live release called Don't Think.
    If you go back even further, Underworld released Everything, Everything as well as a dozen or more awesome live collections with lots of rare and unreleased material.
    Leftfield has a live album called Tourism.
    Justice's Access All Arenas and A Cross The Universe (prefer Access All Arenas, they really chop up and mix up their songs more)
    Atari Teenage Riot's Riot In Japan 2011.
    Meat Beat Manifesto's Live '05 accompanying Travelogue Live '05 DVD.
    Amon Tobin's ISAM Live CD/DVD as well as a few live recordings released online, his Foley Room Live In Brussels and Ninja Tune Takeover ones are pretty damn good.
    And we all know Daft Punk's Alive.

Iamamiwhoami's Concert In Blue and Animal Collective's Live At 930 are some good recent ones.

I'm trying to think if I forget any other good ones...
    Last edited by neorev; 01-05-2016 at 10:07 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I love House Music..the stuff from New York, London and Chicago from the 1990s...i always loved Disco as a child...house music is a modern day extension of that.

I feel sorry for anyone who refuses to listen to it. Its ecstasy, their missing out on great great music.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exocet View Post
    I love House Music..the stuff from New York, London and Chicago from the 1990s...i always loved Disco as a child...house music is a modern day extension of that.

I feel sorry for anyone who refuses to listen to it. Its ecstasy, their missing out on great great music.
    What's some of your faves?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtig View Post

Yeah... Autechre's live show collection from the recent tour is amazing, fascinating, and just generally phenomenal... it is a far cry from the experience of being there though.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    What's some of your faves?

Its more specific record labels than particular artists when it comes to house.

Record labels such as Junior Boys Own, Nervous Records, Strictly Rhythm, Happy Records (obscure Detroit label), Easy Street Records, Nu-Soul....and many more.
    just a ton of really interesting sexy atmospheric soulful electronic music. I love crate digging and finding obscure gems.
    Obviously House music came back in a MAJOR way in Europe in last few years..all this new stuff is influenced by the music from the labels i mentioned above.

Totally different genre of electronica but another label i been getting into hugely is James Lavelle from Unkle's MO WAX records
    was so cool in the 90s.

Its a mixture of Trip Hop, Hip Hop, Techno, Jazz...DJ Shadow released Entroducing on it, Dr Octagon was on it many more.
    I dont think its around anymore...but i picked up an AMAZING compilation of the labels music from about 1992-1996.

its the best weed music ever..stunning.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 12:10 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Your Name Here View Post
    @neorev

I'm sorry it has taken so long to respond to you, between the holidays and the chaos of my job and several personal things going on, plus I am writing my own stuff and when i get on a writing streak it can last for days at a time.
    The other reason is when I comment on somebody else's art, I don't want to just listen to it once and make a statement that I will later regret or that I didn't say enough about. For example I am a huge Radiohead fan a lot of times when I hear their new music for the first time it doesn't have much of an effect on me I have to listen to it several times and then eventually I can't stop listening to it.
    The body of work you and Aquila have done is impressive as well, I like your choices of instrumentation, your mixes and your arrangements. There is one part in the song "Short Fuse" that to me is a little reminiscent of Depeche Mode and I mean that as a compliment because I am a huge Depeche Mode fan. I opened this thread to broaden my electronic music mind, to see what others are listening to and to hopefully find something new that I can discover and listen to. I find that the NIN fans are very astute music lovers that don't fall into the pitfalls of the cliche or mediocre efforts by artists who create simply for profit. The community here at ETS tends to be interested in artists who create music for the love of the art.
    Both you and Aquila are the type of artists who create art and thats what it should be all about. It doesn't matter if you are doing rock, electronic or some other style if you are doing it to create your own style, your own sound and you put it out there for others to enjoy you are contributing to the artistic community. I look at music the same way I would look at a Picasso or a Van Gough and ask myself what is the artist trying to convey and it may not be easy to understand at first glance you may have to take some time to discover the message but once that art speaks to you it becomes a part of you and the gift of creation is now passed on to somebody else. That is the greatest thing that art and music can do.
    You and Aquila both have that gift of creation and that art you are both putting out there is something that music desperately needs more creative people and artists music doesn't need more pop stars or reality tv stars.
    I really enjoyed the music you have both created and it is now apart of my music library that will be in my regular rotation and please let me know when either of you guys are releasing new music. Your music is very cool and I recommend it to anybody that is looking for something new.
    I think you're gonna make me cry. I know Aquila may get to bawling.
    But thanks for those amazing and kind words. It truly means a lot to me. And don't worry, I'm on Aquila's case to put out some more tunes. He definitely has another solid batch of songs leftover. I'll be sure to share your words with him.

I actually did release something new on New Years Day. I ended up doing a last minute live performance on an online radio streaming concert for the Electro-Music.com community. People in the chat who know me started bugging me to jump on and do a set, so I did. I performed a couple of unreleased tracks that were a little different from my usual stuff. When I saw the response was very positive in the chat and forums, I decided to throw a few tracks together and put it up the very next morning. It's kinda like my little concept mini-album or EP or whatever. I'm known for doing aggressive stuff aimed at blasting the crap out of it live, so I was a little nervous how folks would react to a change of pace. It is up for sale now on digital music stores and streaming sites, but if you go to my Bandcamp you can name your own price (there's no minimum, so if you enter "0" it's free!) and download in the format of your choice. I like to give folks choices when experiencing music and I know during these tough times some don't have the luxury spending money on music. I've been there myself. So I always like to have a free option.

Bandcamp - https://neorev.bandcamp.com/album/ac...-lands-unknown (Name your own price, no minimum)
    Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01A44GBXQ
    Google Play - https://play.google.com/store/music/...zfvyumi45gvwk4
    Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/album/1DqBXce3OZnHzbWyy7OvIb
    Tidal - http://www.tidal.com/album/55808308
    Microsoft Groove - https://music.microsoft.com/album/ne...933?target=web

iTunes and Apple Music coming soon!

Hopefully folks aren't too bothered with this post. But I'm happy you enjoyed it Your Name Here and thank you for taking the time to listen and writing those words.
    Last edited by neorev; 01-07-2016 at 09:52 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Chemical Brothers' full set from Woodstock '99...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The Prodigy live at Phoenix Festival '96...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Amon Tobin - ISAM Live (taken from CD/DVD release)...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Junkie XL live 1999...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Moderat (aka Modeselektor & Apparat) are coming out with their third album "III" on April 1st as well as a world tour...

The record is being co-released by Mute Records and Monkeytown Records. It sees the trio of Apparat (Sascha Ring) and Modeselektor (Gernot Bronsert and Sebastian Szary) rounding out their trilogy of electronic pop LPs following 2013's II and 2009's Moderat.

Tracklisting:

01.Eating Hooks
    02.Running
    03.Finder
    04.Ghostmother
    05.Reminder
    06.The Fool
    07.Intruder
    08.Animal Trails
    09.Ethereal

Release Date: 01.04.2016

Spring Tour Trailer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Moderat (aka Modeselektor & Apparat) are coming out with their third album "III" on April 1st as well as a world tour...

The record is being co-released by Mute Records and Monkeytown Records. It sees the trio of Apparat (Sascha Ring) and Modeselektor (Gernot Bronsert and Sebastian Szary) rounding out their trilogy of electronic pop LPs following 2013's II and 2009's Moderat.

Tracklisting:

01.Eating Hooks
    02.Running
    03.Finder
    04.Ghostmother
    05.Reminder
    06.The Fool
    07.Intruder
    08.Animal Trails
    09.Ethereal

Release Date: 01.04.2016

Spring Tour Trailer
    Can't wait and they are coming here at the end of at the end of May! Sucks it's on a Tuesday Night but I will definitely try to go to the show since I couldn't last time they were in town. Good news!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tums206_BFY View Post
    Can't wait and they are coming here at the end of at the end of May! Sucks it's on a Tuesday Night but I will definitely try to go to the show since I couldn't last time they were in town. Good news!
    I will definitely try to get to one of their UK dates... one of my favourites for a long time now!!

Edit: just pre-ordered the deluxe 6 x LP / 3 x CD box and deluxe CD through bleep.com - not cheap but definitely can't wait!
    Last edited by Al_Hunter; 01-14-2016 at 02:00 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    New Moderat single "Reminder" from the forthcoming "III".... Cannot wait!!!

Last edited by Tums206_BFY; 02-05-2016 at 09:51 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    anyone into Dance With The Dead???
    Imagine Justice, but with more 80's style and a bit cinematic horror soundtrack music mixed in.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Nosaj Thing - Drift [Full Album]

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Slow Magic - ▲ [Full Album]

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    EPROM - Center Of The Sun (Bong-Ra Remix)