Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Before the Flood (2016)

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    OH wait a minute, I found it.

Send ME a PM if you want it.
    edit: well, I got up to Trembling then the user went offline. Scrap sending me PMs.
    Last edited by Ryan; 10-21-2016 at 10:20 PM.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    OK A Minute Later just made me cry. I thought this was supposed to have an optimistic element?
    For real, I listened to And When The Sky Was Opened like six times in a row when it came up my first time through. There's a reason TR's music has always reached so incredibly deep into my soul and this track reinforces that feat tenfold.

He and Atticus completely own this soundtrack. The compositions from Mogwai and Santaolalla solo are fine enough, but this whole thing is ultimately the Trentticus show from beginning to end..

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I would love a CD release, can't afford the vinyl (at least not right now). So if anyone wants to send me a PM, I'll just spend the money that would have gone to a CD of this on another shirt next tour or something. One way or another, Trent always gets a significant portion of my income, lol.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    So why has Trent announced this on Facebook but not Twitter? Why not all at the same time? Sometimes I find his promotional strategies a bit haphazard. Juno is still the latest thing on nin.com.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Late to the party but I read some of your thoughts on this and immediately bought the vinyl. First song is already really fucking great, thanks ets

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Still waiting

I purchased the vinyl on October 8th and I still haven't received my digital download (WAV). I sent an email to Bandstores but I haven't heard anything yet. Has anyone received a link from them yet? I really want to listen to it today but I don't want to try the lower quality stream from Apple Music.

Edit: PM would be great for me, too.
    Last edited by noneofthem; 10-22-2016 at 03:25 PM.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by noneofthem View Post
    I purchased the vinyl on October 8th and I still haven't received my digital download (WAV). I sent an email to Bandstores but I haven't heard anything yet. Has anyone received a link from them yet? I really want to listen to it today but I don't want to try the lower quality stream from Apple Music.

Edit: PM would be great for me, too.
    yes, the same for me. i sent an email this morning

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Got to listen to it last night thanks to a kind soul on here. Some GREAT moments on there - title track is textbook NIN/Reznor/Ross in particular, and I love Thin Ice Reimagined as well - was really hoping for drums towards the end of that song for some reason! One Perfect Moment sounds like Corona Radiata 2016 (not a bad thing in my book), and I think Disappearing Act sounds like it would've fit perfectly on Ghosts, so experimental. Only songs I didn't care for first time round were 8 Billion and Mogwai's Huaynaputina, I can see the latter being deleted quite quickly from my playlist for the album. But this'll definitely be on heavy rotation for a while. Good work from all involved.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Same thing, this store thing is shit, I need a PM.
    Well i'm buying everything all the time, but I pick my stores AND my versions. I can stream it because i'm on fucking l'appoule But I need the files, and I wont buy the vinyl here.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Can I please request a PM as well? I really want to buy it but I can't do itunes. Frustrates me that there is no alternative other than buying vinyl from nin.com. The shipping to Australia is crazy expensive. Soon as I can I will buy a legit copy. There are no torrents available yet either btw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Can anyone PM me? I thought Apple Music could hold me over until a decent buying option popped up, but no luck so far.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    One of my favorite moments is when Trent's sampled voice kicks in right around the 3:15 mark in "Before The Flood". He does that kind of thing pretty often, but somehow in this case it reminds me a lot of The Fragile era. Love it.

Edit: Nevermind.
    Last edited by niggo; 10-22-2016 at 07:57 AM.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    STOP ASKING FOR PM'S

I can't recall this forum ever condoning the widespread dissemination of official commercially-released material intended for purchase, so we're certainly not going to start now. I get that some of you haven't gotten your download link e-mails, or some of you have sads because it's not available on your favorite stream-a-ling-ding service, or some of you have money issues or geographic issues or whatever. I get it. That's just not an excuse for turning this forum into a piracy free-for-all. As someone said, this is 2016. There are plenty of other avenues available to you if you feel you must pursue that. Just not on this forum.

Any further requests for PM's will be met with shaming and then beatings.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I think I will wait a while, can't hurt to practice waiting in these instant times, right? :-)

I have my first Apple product only for some weeks, and after first music shopping (Juno) I discovered there is no way to actually store the file on my computer, maybe with iTunes but I am not going to install that on Windows (and share offers only listening link). I also don't use any streaming services (not interested), so maybe Google Play or rather something lossless somewhere, I can wait... :-)

Anyway, "A minute to breathe" is really great and it pops in my head randomly and I enjoy that, so I have something to look forward to. ;-)

Update: Tried to search Astra satellite EPG for "Flood" or "The Turning Point" or "Are We History?" or local "Je s námi konec?" because it should be on some NatGeo channel on October 30th, not found yet.
    Last edited by Substance242; 10-22-2016 at 09:51 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I think the lack of information from official site could be an indication that they are still working on getting it online on other platforms. Otherwise they'd be like "Out now and exclusive for apple", right? Like - it doesn't make sense to have exclusives if you don't advertise them.

Right now the situation is frustrating. But they know that themselves I gues... Still, an official comment would be bigly appreciated.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    There better be a lossless release. Fuck mp3.
    The hell are all of you guys raging about.

When you order the vinyl from nin.com, you have to also select if you want 320kbps MP3 or 24B/48kHz WAV download for your digital version. It's part of the checkout process.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kargath View Post

When you order the vinyl from nin.com, you have to also select if you want 320kbps MP3 or 24B/48kHz WAV download for your digital version. It's part of the checkout process.
    Someone say they still don't give any links to download ".wav" format.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwarzerAbt View Post
    I think the lack of information from official site could be an indication that they are still working on getting it online on other platforms. Otherwise they'd be like "Out now and exclusive for apple", right? Like - it doesn't make sense to have exclusives if you don't advertise them.

Right now the situation is frustrating. But they know that themselves I gues... Still, an official comment would be bigly appreciated.
    They've done a poor job advertising the soundtrack all around, I think. I wouldn't doubt that the digital release is exclusive to iTunes and the vinyl orders the way it's been handled.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Im holding on for a physical cd but this is surely an odd release

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I totally agree, nothing against Trent and his work/collaboration with Apple music but it would be nice for it to be released on other Streaming services. I guess ill just have to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    I have to rant here... I find this totally crazy. I listened to this on Apple Music last night (I have a subscription to supplement some of the stuff not available on Spotify like this soundtrack) and liked it enough that I wanted to "purchase it." I had to spend 12.70 (after already spending 1.99 on A Minute to Breathe) to get this from iTunes (which I hate). They could at least give some information about if or when other options would be available. Now I will have to buy this again to get lossless if they make it available. I feel like I am forced to choose an expensive vinyl option I don't want or iTunes which I also don't want until it become available at some point. It is also irritating that this isn't on Spotify which is my preferred streaming medium. Sorry, I am just tired of purchasing the same music multiple times.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    When I ordered from the UK store it was not the case at all, we didn't get to choose the format.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuenthez View Post
    When I ordered from the UK store it was not the case at all, we didn't get to choose the format.
    And when you try to order there is no mention of any other format ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I dislike this lack of information regarding the release. Only distribution via the own store (without proper information) or only streaming at apple music so far... Where is the Trent Reznor of former times?
    Last edited by Bookmark; 10-22-2016 at 12:52 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Q-NeilL View Post
    Someone say they still don't give any links to download ".wav" format.
    I can personally confirm that they're wrong or they should contact nin.com support. I received mine.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Edit because I've cooled off about it
    Last edited by blassster; 10-24-2016 at 05:17 PM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I'm amazed at the number of forum regulars here asking for PMs and I think every last one of you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I already paid for the product. I was supposed to get a download link YESTERDAY. Nothing so far. Not even a response to my email to the merchant. Sorry but I am getting impatient here. Very very bad customer service. Their fault, not ours!

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Could the DDoS stuff from the other day have disrupted things at all? Although there hasn't really been a good track record of smooth album releases for a while it seems.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    I'm amazed at the number of forum regulars here asking for PMs and I think every last one of you should be ashamed of yourselves.
    Yes, yes yes, they are, they're terribly sorry and ashamed of themselves, now move along...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Perhaps you're missing the point here. That requires me buying a vinyl that I do not want. No thank you. I'm not paying $50+ just for a digital download and a vinyl I won't use.

An overpriced vinyl and a shitty iTunes copy as your choices... way to go, Trent.
    Last edited by neorev; 10-22-2016 at 02:58 PM.