Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: The X-Files

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Thanks for that.

The pilot airs on tv here in like 2 minutes.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    So, based on some article from here (I think?), I just watched X-Files S05E12 "Bad blood", and it was worth it. When the Mulder version of sheriff spoke for the first time, I had to laugh. :-D
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_Bl...The_X-Files%29

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I've actually been on a rewatch of the series, currently in the middle of season 5. Def lots of "the military is all behind it" train of thought to support where season 10 is going.

Also lol @ the Bad Blood vampire episode, i think that one and the Mutato episode were def a couple of my favorites.

The Dad from A Christmas Story is in the episode I've just finished watching, he plays the old FBI Agent Arthur Dales. I loved that guy, shame he died in 2006

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    This series has had a vast amount of pre-fame actors in guest roles. I just watched a season 8 episode called SureKill that had James Franco in it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    LOVED tonight's episode. Very goofy Monster of the Week. I like the more comedic toned episodes and this felt right at home with the likes of Bad Blood, Jose Chung's From Outer Space and Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 02-01-2016 at 08:11 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Episode 3... omg. I had a smile on my face throughout it. Darin Morgan never disappoints.

"I wanna make you say 'cheese'."
    Last edited by slave2thewage; 02-01-2016 at 09:39 PM. Reason: fixing the quote

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    perfect episode. so many lolz.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rewatched it just now, instantly in my top ten episodes.

"...but they all think I'm on crack."
    "Are you?"
    "...Yeah!"

Casting Shangela was a genius move.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    By any chance, did anyone happen to catch what the quote was on the tombstone for Kim Manners?

Or the brand of booze they were drinking? Hell, the prescription antipsychotics too, for that matter.

I jumped up to get closer to the screen but didn't make it in time for any of those, damnit.

Oh, and LOL @ "Jack Hardy," btw.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    By any chance, did anyone happen to catch what the quote was on the tombstone for Kim Manners?
    "Let's kick it in the ass."

Or the brand of booze they were drinking? Hell, the prescription antipsychotics too, for that matter.
    Bottle says 'Keslin Bourbon', which appears to be a fictional brand. Bottle seems based on the J&B design. The pills were Clozapine.

Oh, and LOL @ "Jack Hardy," btw.
    Jack Hardy was an assistant director who worked on the show and died last year.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Right on!

Thanks, man. I wish I had DVR, lol.

And here's a hearty D'OH! MY BAD! re: Jack Hardy. I should've figured that HE was someone from the production crew as well. I guess all that steamy action in the new episode had me thinking the name was yet another in the endless stream of "Mulder's a perv" gags.

Glass houses, eh?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    lol at Mulder's X-Files theme ringtone.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Holy shit, they brought them back!

Spoiler:

http://i.imgur.com/BrtFAh4.png

http://i.imgur.com/9rzUnRk.png

(Again.)

No NIN-stickered van this time, but it was actually ETS and a NINspotting that made me aware of Kumail Nanjian and his podcast and now the show is back and we're discussing an episode that features him. Feels weird.

Maybe I'm just blinded by the fan service (Guy was walking around in Kolchak's clothes, did you get that? Guise?), but I don't think we're going to see a more satisfying episode than this one.
    Last edited by Microwave Jellyfish; 02-02-2016 at 03:19 AM. Reason: Duuude, look at the moon!

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    OMFG
    you just
    BLEW MY MIND
    O_O

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Last night's episode was fantastic. Reminded me of some of the more goofy episodes from the original run.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Microwave Jellyfish View Post
    Holy shit, they brought them back!

Spoiler:

http://i.imgur.com/BrtFAh4.png

http://i.imgur.com/9rzUnRk.png

(Again.)

No NIN-stickered van this time, but it was actually ETS and a NINspotting that made me aware of Kumail Nanjian and his podcast and now the show is back and we're discussing an episode that features him. Feels weird.

Maybe I'm just blinded by the fan service (Guy was walking around in Kolchak's clothes, did you get that? Guise?), but I don't think we're going to see a more satisfying episode than this one.
    Never heard of Kolchak but yeah def looks like the same outfit and holy shit, Darren McGavin was the star of that. No wonder they had him guest star on X-Files! It all makes sense now.

I only knew Darren as the Dad from A Christmas Story but now I'll have to find this Kolchak show.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Ridiculous. I suspect it was a solution to the story arc requiring a reason for Mulder to believe again.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    S10E03: Perfect. And two days ago I had no idea X-Files were sometimes this smart funny. :-)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Rhys Darby was perfect as usual. Favorite cameo next to Luke Wilson in Bad Blood and Michael McKean in Dreamland.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I thought it was great too.
    Also, now that i am used to Mulder and Scully's slightly older appearance, this REALLY feels like the x files, not just some special reunion thing.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    the number of guest actors who i love in the episode was staggering (kumail is my fav and rhys darby was absolutely the perfect person to play that character).

also, queeg queg being replaced by daggoo is just adorable. i loved scully's face when she picked up the cage and strolled out of the animal shelter.

i was smiling the whole time. THIS is what i want from the x-files. FUN!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    i watched it again today. this will be one of the best in the history of the show imo. daggoo might be the name of my next dog, lol.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Looking forward to Reyes's return and The Lone Gunmen.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Looking forward to Reyes's return and The Lone Gunmen.
    yeah, how are they doing that second one? Spoiler: just in case someone in this thread doesn't know, but i doubt that's the case. they're dead. the last time we saw them, mulder was clearly hallucinating (as he was when he saw krycek). so are they going to be hallucinations, ghosts, or did they somehow fake their deaths and skinner knowingly put three empty coffins in the ground at arlington?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    yeah, how are they doing that second one? Spoiler: just in case someone in this thread doesn't know, but i doubt that's the case. they're dead. the last time we saw them, mulder was clearly hallucinating (as he was when he saw krycek). so are they going to be hallucinations, ghosts, or did they somehow fake their deaths and skinner knowingly put three empty coffins in the ground at arlington?
    I have no idea and I can't wait to see how it will be done. Also: Spoiler: I'm kind of hoping that Krycek will show up too. I loved the sneaky bastard.

Oh and that third episode: absolute perfection. Mulder running around taking pictures with his phone had me crying with laughter.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Ep 4 potential spoilers, judging from the released promotional synopsis - Spoiler: RIP Scully's mom.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Alien becomes neurotypical human. Amazing!

Poor dog

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    This week's ep was legitimately one of the best X-Files episodes in the series. It got EVERYTHING right. Man, what a blast.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

"I wanna make you say 'cheese.'"
    Last edited by Bachy; 02-04-2016 at 05:21 PM.