Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston Marathon

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Minpin View Post
    As much as I really don't want to be associated with the conspiracy nuts, I couldn't help but think it when I heard Chechen terrorists.
    Maybe I have been taken in by the 'conspiracy' bug, but since reading Litvenenko's account of the Dagestan apartment bombings in Blowing up Russia, I'm pretty skeptical of Chechen terrorism. I'm not convinced that wasn't an FSB plan to foment another war with Chechnya.
    But again this doesn't really reflect on the Boston bombings, it's hard to equate that situation with this.

I don't trust Putin but really does the FSB need to stage false flag attacks to get what it wants? They do what they want... look at Litvinenko.

I'm not really sure what you mean by "I'm pretty skeptical of Chechen terrorism"... I'm guessing you don't mean that generally, I can't see how something like the theatre siege would have been a false flag

But seriously... Russia is not going to carry out a terrorist attack on US soil (slight risk of nuclear armageddon)... and even if they were, why would they do it via some weird false flag proxy? America isn't going to get involved in some war in Chechnya helping Russia expand its sphere of influence (USA did pretty much everything it could to bring Georgia closer to the Western sphere, cold war is not entirely over in some ways), a response to something like this will be "let less chechens in and spy on the ones we have"

It's an interesting angle but I don't think it's the shape of what happened

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Holy shit. Their uncle tears into them: http://www.nbcnews.com/video/nbc-new...6458/#51596458

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    There you go, both.
    Oh. Dear.

I'm scared to look, but has the "BOMB THE MUSLIMS AWAY" segment of the Internet come out to play yet?

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Lots of pictures of stray bullets going through people's windows, walls, furniture, etc. One went right through the center of the headrest on someone's computer chair. Are there any reports of people getting injured from this?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    But seriously... Russia is not going to carry out a terrorist attack on US soil (slight risk of nuclear armageddon)... and even if they were, why would they do it via some weird false flag proxy? America isn't going to get involved in some war in Chechnya helping Russia expand its sphere of influence (USA did pretty much everything it could to bring Georgia closer to the Western sphere, cold war is not entirely over in some ways), a response to something like this will be "let less chechens in and spy on the ones we have"

It's an interesting angle but I don't think it's the shape of what happened
    I agree, it was literally just a knee jerk reaction to hearing that they were possibly chechens. It really doesn't hold any weight in this situation. I was posting more in response to digitalchaos' article with the father saying 'false flag'.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I don't trust Putin but really does the FSB need to stage false flag attacks to get what it wants? They do what they want... look at Litvinenko.

I'm not really sure what you mean by "I'm pretty skeptical of Chechen terrorism"... I'm guessing you don't mean that generally, I can't see how something like the theatre siege would have been a false flag
    As I said, i thought the incidents preceeding the second Chechen war were suspect. Incidents that were pinned as Chechen terrorism. Theatre siege was a retaliation to the war. As much as theyd like to, Russia was in no position to instigate another Chechen war. FSB with Putin made it happen. As you say, look at Litvenenko.
    its really nothing to do with this situation though. Hahaha I'm just flashing my 'conspiracy nut'...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Double post

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Absolutely... I mean who's to say? Just making sure we weren't in flat out tinfoil territory.

I don't believe in the ridiculous conspiracy theories (9/11, contrails, illuminati etc), but there are instances where outlandish theories have later been substantiated & bear analysis

google "stakeknife", that whole business broadened my estimation of what is likely
    Last edited by Sutekh; 04-19-2013 at 03:44 PM.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    I absolutely HATE Glenn Beck (like top 5 worst of every political persona out there)... but i'm adding this here for posterity of the conspiracy topic:

Hoping for egg on his face come monday...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Wait....what is Glenn Beck implying there? Does he really think anyone in the government even cares about his "by monday" ultimatum?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    "Lonesome Roads" Beck? People still care about this guy?

Attention whoring son of a bitch.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Oh. Dear.

I'm scared to look, but has the "BOMB THE MUSLIMS AWAY" segment of the Internet come out to play yet?
    I personally don't suspect know. I've been listening to National Public Radio who have been making corrections all day:

_ no, someone else robbed the 7-11 store
    _ no, suspect #1 actually studied accounting at Bunker Hill Community College, not engineering as first reported
    _ no, no controlled explosion.

A bit freaky that all the reporters are hanging around the parking lot of the mall I worked at while in college.

I'm thinking this kid (#2) is already dead, by his own hand.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    If Suspect 2 is still alive, I hope they can get him alive. Call me crazy, I don't care, but the last thing we need is more death, and I'm hoping with his capture, it could solve the mystery as to why they did what they did.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Shots Fire in Watertown, this might be it....around the same area of last nights events.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Gotta say that you guys put on quite the spectacle. I've been glued to CNN since I came back from work. This coverage is the epitome of American Culture.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Sounds like the have him pinned down. It's an area right next to the media staging area. Reporters must be shitting themselves and taking cover.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    This is also right after they lifted the "stay inside" lockdown and started public transit up again
    yeeshh

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    ATF going in, this is surreal.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    ATF going in, this is surreal.
    It's like getting 6 stars in Grand Theft Auto but in real life.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    The chances of the suspect coming out alive from this are crazy slim. I hope he does just so we can avoid all the speculation of intent but...

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Yeah I REALLY hope he stays alive. But he's not surrendering. And now ABC is saying they're not sure it's just this guy. Or if he has a bomb strapped to himself.

Now they're sending in a robot?

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ma-rt-9-window-cam

for those who wanna listen to police scanner.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ma-rt-9-window-cam

for those who wanna listen to police scanner.
    Not the greatest quality...but live streaming from Boston: http://www.myfoxboston.com/category/...e-video-stream
    SWAT Team pulled back and the robot is going in.

EDIT: Allegedly, the scanner just had the line "We're going to light up the boat."
    Last edited by poinoup; 04-19-2013 at 06:42 PM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Should just order a drone strike on that boat.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah, they keep referring to the "boat". It's funny. CNN is saying the complete opposite of what they're saying on the scanner.

edit: nm, missed the part about the robot
    Last edited by Piko; 04-19-2013 at 06:45 PM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post
    Not the greatest quality...but live streaming from Boston: http://www.myfoxboston.com/category/...e-video-stream
    SWAT Team pulled back and the robot is going in.

EDIT: Allegedly, the scanner just had the line "We're going to light up the boat."
    I thought they needed light on the boat.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=r1t...72&form=LMLTCC

You can see the boat there.White cover on it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Boston Marathon

CNN is falling all over themselves to say things like "possible suspect" and "we believe, don't want to get ahead of ourselves", too late CNN, you already did that. This shit is crazy though

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    That makes sense. After the drone strike and the officers there being in earshot of the media...you never know.

More explosions?!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Sadly, i am shocked that there haven't been more of these attacks since 9/11.
    Another thing that's sort of sad is that my mom just told me that "It turns out that it's a terror attack..."
    Well NO SHIT it was a terror attack. Then i made the grim connection. Thanks to W. and co, terror=islamic extremists in the eyes of the majority of Americans.
    I just hope this isn't a false flag attack involving our OWN government...like 9/11.
    Yes, i'm one of THOSE guys. I'm going to go get my tinfoil hat now.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    CNN is falling all over themselves to say things like "possible suspect" and "we believe, don't want to get ahead of ourselves", too late CNN, you already did that. This shit is crazy though
    The lady in red got all excited and said "we got him". They didn't want to report it yet or something. They cut her off, then reported it (again) a few minutes later.