Page 25 of 53 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Nine Inch Nails Inducted Into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I'm quite happy to be wrong about that article! Mode getting in could be very interesting... reunion with Vince and/or Alan? Or will just the core trio show up? Depeche usually don't do live performances outside of world tours.

*edit also huge LOL at the pic of NIN on the website being Trent inducting The Cure last year, while most everyone else is typical promotional headshots.
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 01-15-2020 at 07:21 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...l-fame-937871/

Trent confirms they're performing, and his preference would be the whole band got in.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Awesome news. I have hangups about "new" bands being put in over old ones, but genius is genius and it's cool they are recognizing his work. That said...

Gonna be sad to see this thread go away.

Gonna be weird to hear XM play Depeche Mode on their classic rock stations.

Gonna avoid the collective tantrum boomers will throw over most of these acts being in.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Holy crap!

The Cure in last year. TR inducted them.

Depeche Mode also in.

TR also just had another baby over the weekend.

What a way to start 2020.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...l-fame-937871/

Trent confirms they're performing, and his preference would be the whole band got in.
    Happy to see them mentioning the likes of Joy Division, New Order and Gary Numan ought to be inducted. And Kraftwerk.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Happy to see them mentioning the likes of Joy Division, New Order and Gary Numan ought to be inducted. And Kraftwerk.
    As happy as I am that Mode (and NIN) are in, getting in before Kraftwerk is honestly a crime. Electronic is finally being represented, but they needed to be first.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I am beyond joy that they are getting in and after reading the Rolling Stones interview, I am even more ecstatic. So well deserved for the continued innovation and pushing of the proverbial envelope that is industrial/electronic music.
    @halo eighteen , yes, Kraftwerk, Joy Division, Gary Numan and heck, even the likes of Skinny Puppy, Ministry, Throbbing Gristle, etc should all be in for that matter. Hopefully more synthesizers get recognized going forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I feel the same about Thin Lizzy not getting in - they directly influenced such a huge amount of bands, particularly in the first wave of British Heavy Metal. Delighted that NIN have been recognised all the same though.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Hmmmm....Angels and Airwaves and The New Regime are playing Shaky Knees May 1-3. I wonder how that will work out.

"OK, my band'll play Friday and Tom can find another drummer for his shit band." would be my solution but...
    Last edited by cdm; 01-15-2020 at 08:12 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Hmmmm....Angels and Airwaves and The New Regime are playing Shaky Knees May 1-3. I wonder how that will work out.
    Special one-off reunion with Chris Vrenna haha.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Special one-off reunion with Chris Vrenna haha.
    Or Josh. I always enjoyed his drumming.

Ilan deserves to be there to enjoy it, even if the hall doesn't include the band. We've seen a lot of members come and go; some great, others less than; but to me the current lineup is the definitive lineup. With all due respect to charlie and danny and chris, etc.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Whoever performs with TR, they should play "Dead Souls".

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Take this however you want it, but I think it's a little strange that the acts (the ones who can make it at least) are expected to perform. I'd much rather it be like the Kennedy Center Honors where someone else sings their song and you can see them sitting reacting to it.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    With regard to touring "I’m itching. I’m ready." - TR

HELL YEAH!

Glad they are in, and nice to see TR is pushing for the band not just himself!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I know all the reasons why I shouldn't care about the Hall of Fame. I know that I shouldn't care at all about the broader approval of society in general. But I am going to be honest, seeing my favorite musician (and one of THE musical geniuses of our lifetime) finally getting the recognition he deserves is very satisfying. I really look forward to seeing who inducts him and what they decide to play. Hurt would be my guess.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    My Predictions:
    Dave Grohl or Gary Numan will induct NIN.
    Trent will be the only one that speaks.
    Band plays Wish, MoTP, The Perfect Drug, Head Like a Hole and Hurt.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Woohooo!!!!!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    My Predictions:
    Dave Grohl or Gary Numan will induct NIN.
    Trent will be the only one that speaks.
    Band plays Wish, MoTP, The Perfect Drug, Head Like a Hole and Hurt.
    I was thinking about the songs, too. At the risk of this becoming a prediction thread: Somewhat Damaged > Wish > Motp > Americans (dedicated to Bowie) > HLAH > Hurt

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I’m pretty sure I’ll be making the 3hr drive to Cleveland for this.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Gary Numan is definitely going to show up to the ceremony, maybe to induct NIN, but also because Depeche Mode are another one of his favourite bands and their Songs of Faith and Devotion album was an enormous influence on him (along with everything NIN has done). OH, and T. Rex was another one of his favourite bands, early on as a young boy growing up in England. If Gary didn't have such disabling social anxiety (TR and him could probably do some trauma-bonding backstage, LOL), he could quite easily be called upon to induct all three of those artists and do it well.
    Last edited by botley; 01-15-2020 at 10:30 AM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FieldOnFire View Post
    I feel the same about Thin Lizzy not getting in - they directly influenced such a huge amount of bands, particularly in the first wave of British Heavy Metal. Delighted that NIN have been recognised all the same though.
    Yeah, there’s been some odd snubs. For me I think Judas Priest and Iron Maiden are no brainers and should’ve been inducted a long time ago.

Happy that NIN is in, and that TR did a 180 and will be able to enjoy it compared to a couple years ago.

Setlist:
    - THTF
    - HLAH
    - Hurt

^^^ just to piss off ETS, lol.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Talking to my step-dad. It sounds like HOF "members" will receive a pre-sale code for tickets before they go on sale to the general public. He has gone to a few of these ceremonies. I'm not quite sure what becoming a member entails, though.

Edit: Oof. He said when they went to the one in LA, tickets were ~$250 each.
    Last edited by Sarah K; 01-15-2020 at 10:47 AM.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Talking to my step-dad. It sounds like HOF "members" will receive a pre-sale code for tickets before they go on sale to the general public. He has gone to a few of these ceremonies. I'm not quite sure what becoming a member entails, though.

Edit: Oof. He said when they went to the one in LA, tickets were ~$250 each.
    Tickets for last year went on sale on February 1. Prices were $56, $86, $131, $256, and $506. Those cheaper ones sell out in minutes.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Since this is Ticketmaster though, prepare for the usual bullshit of VIP/platinum/dynamic pricing that's been plaguing their site for the last couple years now. Even for the HOF ceremony last year it was the same thing.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Tickets for last year went on sale on February 1. Prices were $56, $86, $131, $256, and $506. Those cheaper ones sell out in minutes.
    how are the seats at this venue? I want to get tickets though Rock Members Pass But is it hard to get tickets from the presale apose to ticketmaster? $50 US to get chance to get tickets vs ticketmaster.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leprekon666 View Post
    how are the seats at this venue? I want to get tickets though Rock Members Pass But is it hard to get tickets from the presale apose to ticketmaster? $50 US to get chance to get tickets vs ticketmaster.
    I've never been there but here is a seating chart:

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leprekon666 View Post
    how are the seats at this venue?
    The Public Auditorium is kind of a weird venue. It's not what you think of as a traditional music venue or theater; it's more designed as a convention space. The space itself is very long and narrow; as you can see from Google Maps, the building is about twice as long as it is wide. The main hall takes up most of the space, and the stage is on the south end. There's a main floor and a balcony that goes all the around around the other three sides of the hall.

The floor space is completely empty - no seats. For Rock Hall events, it's normally filled with tables for VIPs and high level donors. Public seating is normally limited to just the balcony; however, because of the shape of the space, you're either going to be close but all the way on the side, or center but very far back. There are a good number of seats, at least, although sections closet to the stage are likely going to be reserved as well.

Also, don't get confused about the "Music Hall" at Cleveland Public Auditorium. That's a completely separate space in the same building, more of a traditional theater layout, which hasn't been used in decades.

Floor plan and technical details:
    https://www.clevelandconventions.com...-Floorplan.pdf

Setup from 2012 induction ceremony:

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moebius View Post
    The Public Auditorium is kind of a weird venue. It's not what you think of as a traditional music venue or theater; it's more designed as a convention space. The space itself is very long and narrow; as you can see from Google Maps, the building is about twice as long as it is wide. The main hall takes up most of the space, and the stage is on the south end. There's a main floor and a balcony that goes all the around around the other three sides of the hall.

The floor space is completely empty - no seats. For Rock Hall events, it's normally filled with tables for VIPs and high level donors. Public seating is normally limited to just the balcony; however, because of the shape of the space, you're either going to be close but all the way on the side, or center but very far back. There are a good number of seats, at least, although sections closet to the stage are likely going to be reserved as well.

Also, don't get confused about the "Music Hall" at Cleveland Public Auditorium. That's a completely separate space in the same building, more of a traditional theater layout, which hasn't been used in decades.

Floor plan and technical details:
    https://www.clevelandconventions.com...-Floorplan.pdf

Setup from 2012 induction ceremony:

So I should have a good chance on getting a pair of cheap tickets (under $100) through the pre sale?

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Trent inducted Robert Smith so it would make perfect sense to have Robert induct Trent this year.....

I wonder if Alan Wilder even shows up

How is New Order/Joy Division not in the Hall of Fame by now?