Page 36 of 69 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 2056

Thread: Return of The NIN Store - Livenation

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    So I’ve been thinking about “What if NIN (or better yet, Null Corporation) was on bandcamp?” This week due to the digital downloads leaving the NIN store.

Since 2008 (2007 if you count Niggy but that’s already put back out by Saul) there’s been some rare and now “out of print” stuff digitally.

Imagine:

- Ghosts I-IV with individual track artwork
    - The Slip with individual track artwork
    - NINJA Tour Sampler (at least just the NINJA part)
    - Welcome Oblivion with individual track artwork
    - NIN Live 2013 EP (finally lossless)
    - NIN 2014 Remix EP (see above)
    - Any and all TR scores (used to be able to get TSN, GDT, Gone Girl lossless from NIN, let’s bring that back)
    - (Related to above) Waves with individual track artwork (now that you can’t get it on NIN.com)
    - Deviations! Maybe it’s time to let this be a download? (Ha, no I don’t see that happening. But you *could* put it on Bandcamp as the companion to vinyl sales of the record)
    - The trilogy and DE’s of course
    - Old catalog lossless with high quality artwork.
    - Obscure remixes like Opal and the Clouser FDTS versions.
    - A Proper version of FDTS itself with a merged track listing? (And a vinyl component)
    - QUAKE.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    ^ Would be great, but they're probably going to have to wait for some old contracts to expire or be bought-out (for old catalogue stuff tied to Interscope/TVT publishing and recording deals). I don't know if current NIN management is actively trying to do this, when they're so busy with current stuff that's probably just as lucrative.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    So I’ve been thinking about “What if NIN (or better yet, Null Corporation) was on bandcamp?” This week due to the digital downloads leaving the NIN store.

Since 2008 (2007 if you count Niggy but that’s already put back out by Saul) there’s been some rare and now “out of print” stuff digitally.

Imagine:

- Ghosts I-IV with individual track artwork
    - The Slip with individual track artwork
    - NINJA Tour Sampler (at least just the NINJA part)
    - Welcome Oblivion with individual track artwork
    - NIN Live 2013 EP (finally lossless)
    - NIN 2014 Remix EP (see above)
    - Any and all TR scores (used to be able to get TSN, GDT, Gone Girl lossless from NIN, let’s bring that back)
    - (Related to above) Waves with individual track artwork (now that you can’t get it on NIN.com)
    - Deviations! Maybe it’s time to let this be a download? (Ha, no I don’t see that happening. But you *could* put it on Bandcamp as the companion to vinyl sales of the record)
    - The trilogy and DE’s of course
    - Old catalog lossless with high quality artwork.
    - Obscure remixes like Opal and the Clouser FDTS versions.
    - A Proper version of FDTS itself with a merged track listing? (And a vinyl component)
    - QUAKE.
    Don’t forget the “Audiophile Mastered” version of Hesitation Marks. It’s impossible to get nowadays and I’m happy I still have the files on two external HDDs.

While the “audiophile” label was a bit of stretch, it’s my preferred version for sure. For starters, it doesn’t clip during Everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Don’t forget the “Audiophile Mastered” version of Hesitation Marks. It’s impossible to get nowadays and I’m happy I still have the files on two external HDDs.

While the “audiophile” label was a bit of stretch, it’s my preferred version for sure. For starters, it doesn’t clip during Everything.

I swear that was in my initial shortlist, but yes - that’s a classic example of missing now.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I would love to buy a HTDA shirt and maybe other merch if it was available.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Mr. Reznor, if you ever read this and you are feeling like, "I'd like to sock a little money away for #5's college education", I would like to propose a vinyl release of Still. We would snap that right up. I promise. It would be a feeding frenzy.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    He mentioned a Still vinyl release a few years ago. Nothing has been said of it since. File under "Soon."

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    He mentioned a Still vinyl release a few years ago. Nothing has been said of it since. File under "Soon."
    it was at the reckless Q+A. i wanted to hug whoever asked the question that prompted him to talk about it (they were standing a couple people away from me, if i remember correctly). really holding out hope for that one.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    “What if NIN (or better yet, Null Corporation) was on bandcamp?”
    Just here to say Yes Please.
    Yeah, I'm sure its not the top of anyone else's priorities right now, but I don't know, might be a fun job for someone to sort out?
    My mind immediately goes to all the fun stuff from remix.nin.com, and yes some of thise EPs that can go under the radar.
    Addition: there must be a Cold Black and Infinite soundboard recording out there - seeing as they liked that edit on YouTube, maybe we deserve an approved audio source?
    What's the deal with Trent and Apple these days? I know for a while he was keen to keep tied in with them, but that's all in the past right?
    Last edited by ChipRock; 05-29-2020 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Duh

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Honest question: what's the big deal about Bandcamp? I've purchased digital music through Bandcamp but I guess I don't really understand how it is different than the other digital marketplaces.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Honest question: what's the big deal about Bandcamp? I've purchased digital music through Bandcamp but I guess I don't really understand how it is different than the other digital marketplaces.
    sorry, these aren't in any kind of sensible order

1) you upload the music in the highest quality lossless you have, so that people can download it in any format they choose. i usually download things in mp3 320 to put on my phone, as well as in apple lossless to keep in my library (you can download something you've purchased more than once, and obviously in multiple formats)

2) bandcamp takes a pretty minimal revenue share fee out of your money, and paypal takes a small bit, too, but it's the best way to get as much money as possible into the hands of the artist without them having to have their own website where they host the files and you can buy them

3) bandcamp is super supportive of marginalized communities and does their best to rid the site of anything that is seriously problematic (like white supremacy, for example)

4) they regularly do features on smaller bands to help try to get them noticed and appreciated by a wider audience

5) the process of actually purchasing music is extremely simple (you don't actually need a paypal account to do it, just a credit card)

6) you can add bonus items (extra artwork, videos, etc.), put in lyrics (which embed in the files that can handle them), and use a bunch of tags for genres, etc. rather than just putting stuff under the broad category of "rock" or "electronic" like most platforms

7) once you've purchased something, if you don't want to download it and have it take up space, the bandcamp app allows streaming at high quality

8) you can literally listen to the entire album (in lower streaming quality) on bandcamp before purchasing. good way to convince people to buy a thing is to let them experience the whole thing instead of 10-30 second snippets of each song

9) you can sell merch and have it bundled with digital products

10) i've been using it for like 10 years for various projects and have had zero problems whatsoever

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    sorry, these aren't in any kind of sensible order
    Thanks for this.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Stupid question - I ordered a record from the NIN store as a gift to a friend, but either they never gave me the option to choose a shipping address different than my billing address or I missed it, and the completed order had no shipping address listed - presumably it's defaulting to my billing address. I emailed support about this minutes after the order was placed, when it was early enough to do something about it, and heard nothing back. Emailed them again today and have still heard nothing back. Is there a phone number for Live Nation Merch I can call to settle this more directly? Their customer service hours are listed but I have found no phone number.

Downstream from everything. And I mean *everything*.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorast View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that the digital downloads for Bad Witch, Bird Box (Abridged), and Waves are all sold out? Seems weird to me, especially considering the vinyl for Bird Box and Bad Witch are both still available. Have any of the digital downloads been sold out like that before?
    Despite the images still being grayed out, the "Out Of Stock" labels were gone and the "Add To Cart" buttons were there, so I was hopeful... but, nope, clicking on "Add To Cart" results in "The product 'XYZ' is already sold out."

With that being said, I was originally looking at this thread to ask this question: if anyone's ordered vinyl of The Fragile vinyl from the NIN store, was the digital download the CD/digital distribution version of the album, or was it the vinyl version with 10 Miles High and a number of other slightly modified songs? (Also, I assume if you bought Deviations that it came with the vinyl version as the digital downloads since that's the only physical release, but someone correct me if you got something else instead.)

But now that the digital downloads appear to be gone from the store, does that mean that none of the vinyl releases come with digital versions anymore? Has anyone tried in the past couple weeks?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    https://store.nin.com/collections/clothing/products/logo-mesh-womens-tee

Has anyone bought the women's logo mesh t-shirt - and is it appropriate for any gender? The style gives the impression that it is, but the size chart runs pretty small so I would think I'd need an XXL which isn't in stock. XL might work, but I dunno. Anyone have any knowledge of this shirt?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post

Has anyone bought the women's logo mesh t-shirt - and is it appropriate for any gender? The style gives the impression that it is, but the size chart runs pretty small so I would think I'd need an XXL which isn't in stock. XL might work, but I dunno. Anyone have any knowledge of this shirt?
    what size "mens" shirt do you wear? size up one. i wear a large in mens/unisex, XL in womens.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    what size "mens" shirt do you wear? size up one. i wear a large in mens/unisex, XL in womens.
    Ideally a medium, but Large is the safest bet these days. Maybe someday the treadmill will come back into my life lol. I'll go ahead and jump on the XL and hope it looks okay! If not then, hey, goals. ha.
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 06-05-2020 at 11:13 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Ideally a medium, but Large is the safest bet these days. Maybe someday the treadmill will come back into my life lol. I'll go ahead and jump on the XL and hope it looks okay! If not then, hey, goals. ha.
    i'm sure it'll be fine! and if it ends up TOO big, you might be able to shrink it.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    i'm sure it'll be fine! and if it ends up TOO big, you might be able to shrink it.
    Yassss. I'm definitely more worried about it being too tight though!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I had to size down two sizes as it’s meant to be worn loose and ran large (and I preferred it snug). It can definitely work.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RNR View Post
    With that being said, I was originally looking at this thread to ask this question: if anyone's ordered vinyl of The Fragile vinyl from the NIN store, was the digital download the CD/digital distribution version of the album, or was it the vinyl version with 10 Miles High and a number of other slightly modified songs? (Also, I assume if you bought Deviations that it came with the vinyl version as the digital downloads since that's the only physical release, but someone correct me if you got something else instead.)

But now that the digital downloads appear to be gone from the store, does that mean that none of the vinyl releases come with digital versions anymore? Has anyone tried in the past couple weeks?
    The Fragile digital download is the vinyl sequencing, with 10MH, The New Flesh, the longer song mixes, and just "Ripe", not "Ripe (with Decay)".

I've heard that people who buy the Definitive Editions from the NIN store have emailed customer support to get links for digital downloads, and it's not an automatic process, but I don't know if that's accurate.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellyrific View Post
    I had to size down two sizes as it’s meant to be worn loose and ran large (and I preferred it snug). It can definitely work.

Awesome, exactly what I wanted to hear! XL should be perfect =)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Return of The NIN Store - Livenation

BTW: Stand-alone Digital Downloads from the store have returned, but still only Waves, Bad Witch, Bird Box (Abridged), and mid90’s

When you buy a vinyl, they email you a download code *if it comes with one* (Trilogy, DE’s, Bird Box, scores from 2016 on except for Watchmen)
    Last edited by tricil; 06-24-2020 at 09:13 AM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    With Ghosts I-IV now currently out of print, think there's a chance they'll just release all of the Ghosts in one big 1-6 box set before year's end?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    With Ghosts I-IV now currently out of print, think there's a chance they'll just release all of the Ghosts in one big 1-6 box set before year's end?
    With all the weirdness regarding the Social Network score, I wouldn't be surprised if there was SOMETHING coming, although it's probably just the physical versions of V and VI. I also think releasing YZ now would be pretty fitting.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    With all the weirdness regarding the Social Network score, I wouldn't be surprised if there was SOMETHING coming, although it's probably just the physical versions of V and VI. I also think releasing YZ now would be pretty fitting.
    Here's hoping that he just gives all the definitive editions a release this year, would love to pick up the Slip.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I would buy The Slip and Year Zero for SURE. Take my money. Please.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    A Ghosts 1-6 box wouldn't be cool for those that threw $320+ at NIN in a moment's notice all those years ago for the original box set. I'd guess there could be a re-release of the UK Version possibly as a 180g pressing and similar stand alone releases for 5 & 6.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    A Ghosts 1-6 box wouldn't be cool for those that threw $320+ at NIN in a moment's notice all those years ago for the original box set. I'd guess there could be a re-release of the UK Version possibly as a 180g pressing and similar stand alone releases for 5 & 6.
    It's not like that version came out last year. It was 12 years ago and sold out in what, a day? It's a perfectly fine interval for offering a new box set. It's not going to make yours suddenly worthless.

They're probably not going to do that anyway. I think it'll be either a 2-LP release of each volume individually or a nice 4-LP pack for the whole thing.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I feel they're gonna squeeze whatever blood is left in the fragile stone before we ever get a repress of ghosts. At LEAST one more release associated with that before they do some crazy $250 box set or whatever.