Page 48 of 122 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 3654

Thread: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I had to Google it. Xyzal? I’ve never seen it anywhere. When Allegra stopped working as well, they bumped me to the bigger Kahuna: Xyrtec. Then they start adding Rx nose sprays. Yuck. I’m now back down to Allegra plus nose sprays.

It’s the most wonderful time of the year. (Actually, mine are 365 but this season is the worst.)

They’re publishing “How to tell the difference between Covid-19 and allergies” all over the place.
    Xyrtec = cetirizine.
    If that isn't working, I would suggest Xyzal (levocetirizine) over Allegra. Xyzal is chemically identical to Xyrtex, but just the mirror image of it.
    It's on the shelf, but hasn't been widely advertised at all. It has been a game changer for me.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    Xyrtec = cetirizine.
    If that isn't working, I would suggest Xyzal (levocetirizine) over Allegra. Xyzal is chemically identical to Xyrtex, but just the mirror image of it.
    It's on the shelf, but hasn't been widely advertised at all. It has been a game changer for me.
    Did Zyrtec, for years. There has been some evidence of drugs that make you tired (Benedryl, Zyrtec) making post-nasal drip worse. I had a sore throat pretty much all the time, then tonsillitis, from p-n drip. I got tonsillitis just as the stay-at-home order started, and I didn’t want to start the whole doctor-trips thing, PLUS I have asthma, so I started back up on the Allegra (being cooped up with dust mites and cat dander is not helping), plus I got religious with my Flonase (TWICE / day per Rx). I have Rx Azelastine (worst tasting stuff ever) and if it’s REALLY bad I have Rx Ipratroprium Bromide (also tastes terrible).

The tonsil inflammation went away within 4 days of being back on the Allegra and serious Flonase. It also stopped my sleeping all day, which is a hallmark sign of my allergies hitting a high point. While I was in college in the winter, I’d go out to my car and sleep in my damned car. A cop woke me up, once, because a neighbor thought I was dead. My doc said it’s just a hallmark symptom of my allergies.
    Last edited by allegro; 04-07-2020 at 09:29 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Xyrtec = cetirizine.
    Yeah, xyzal in conjunction with allergy shots has finally gotten my body to stop from feeling like it's trying to escape itself. Might not be the cheapest thing out there, but Rite-Aid here usually has some kind of a discount on the 80-count box.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Yeah, xyzal in conjunction with allergy shots has finally gotten my body to stop from feeling like it's trying to escape itself. Might not be the cheapest thing out there, but Rite-Aid here usually has some kind of a discount on the 80-count box.
    I was getting generic cetirizine on Amazon for really cheap. I can’t get generic fexofenadine (Allegra) for nearly as cheap, which is surprising. Generic Flonase is still so expensive, some stores are locking it up. I looked up levocetirizine at Walgreens and wow, yeah, that’s pretty expensive, too.

Chris Cuomo is really sick with Covid-19 right now and his wife says that his first days were “allergy like symptoms” so it’s no wonder so many news reports are going out on how and when to know the difference.
    Last edited by allegro; 04-07-2020 at 09:42 AM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    God help us, this is all we need. Trump being advised by Vince McMahon.

Maybe this whole covid-19 is actually a work?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    Geez. On the one hand, I can’t help but have the same gut reaction. Dude’s an imbecile at best. At best. On the other, if (when) someone said this about Obama, had it been him in office at the time, or if (when) someone starts citing the racial disparity of COVID deaths in America as a bright side, I’d be pretty fucking furious and disgusted.

I may just be getting old and soft, but I think I may come down on the side of suggesting humanity try its best to keep it classy at the moment?
    much like when Scalia finally let go his (extremely twisted) mortal coil, I do not have joy in my heart at this but hope instead*. I hope that the care he receives will be well-received and he'll come out on the other side with a better appreciation of what it's like to worry about something for once.

*Spoiler: McConnell fucked that hope six ways from Sunday so I will not have these same feelings if he has an issue with C-19. I have limits to my hope, I am human after all.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

So this is what Canadian Tire's been up to. Disgusting!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    ^^^
    Let's shame these mofo until they donate everything to health care workers!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    This reminded me of that Treehouse of Horror Simpsons episode where Moe chases one of the green aliens with a board with a nail in it. What’s wrong with people.

https://news.sky.com/story/man-attac...kdown-11969823

A man attacked three police officers and a police dog after being asked if his journey was essential during the coronavirus lockdown - in what has been called a "truly horrifying" incident.
    Nelson Nelson, 29, struck the canine several times with a plank of wood with nails in it during the "violent rampage" on Saturday.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    his name is Nelson...Nelson?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    his name is Nelson...Nelson?

I know, right? Plus the Nelson Muntz connection.

Meanwhile, this video scared the living shit out of me:

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I want Trump's head on a pike.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Take a number bub.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    Geez. On the one hand, I can’t help but have the same gut reaction. Dude’s an imbecile at best. At best. On the other, if (when) someone said this about Obama, had it been him in office at the time, or if (when) someone starts citing the racial disparity of COVID deaths in America as a bright side, I’d be pretty fucking furious and disgusted.

I may just be getting old and soft, but I think I may come down on the side of suggesting humanity try its best to keep it classy at the moment?
    I hear you & of course you're right. But I'm tired of our side maintaining our humanity & keeping it classy. How's that been working out for us?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Why? Because he has a financial stake in hydroxychloroquine and makes comments such as “what have you got to lose”? Well, your heart could stop by taking it, for one. You have your life to lose.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Why? Because he has a financial stake in hydroxychloroquine
    Did you even read that article, or just the headline? It's literally pointing out that it's almost certainly not the reason he's promoting the drug, as it would be a woefully inefficient way to make any money whatsoever.

Look, I hate the orange man as much as the next guy. But the financial stake article is about him having somewhere between $100-1,500 in it as part of a larger fund (talks about other possible exposure is speculation). I've got a bigger fucking stake than that in several companies, and I am by no measurable statistic "wealthy".

All this said, I still think it's fucking stupid that he keeps pushing it publicly, because it's doing notable harm to people who actually need the drug right now. If he has good reason to suspect it might be useful, have research and testing fast-tracked, but do it quietly and then release information as it becomes relevant.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Did you even read that article, or just the headline? It's literally pointing out that it's almost certainly not the reason he's promoting the drug, as it would be a woefully inefficient way to make any money whatsoever.
    When I took a crap this morning the first article I read was about his stake in it. Fast forward a few hours later after cooking dinner and I was looking for the same article, but came across this one instead. Yes, I did read that the financial aspect of it was trivial, but he’s still an asshole for encouraging the intake of something that could potentially kill you so off-the-cuff like that.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Coronavirus - COVID-19

Maybe he doesn’t have a personal financial stake in the drug but I’m willing to bet someone who has access to him does. Why else would he promote it so much? He benefits because some rich person or people he knows will benefit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    Maybe he doesn’t have a a personal financial stake in the drug but I’m willing to bet someone who has access to him does. Why else would he promote it so much? He benefits because some rich person or people he knows will benefit.

As the article laid out: desperation. He's drowning, and he needs SOMETHING to sell to people, because that's all he knows how to do: bluster and blow and sell shit. Not ruling out the possibility that some buddy may have a higher stake in it, but it's completely on brand for him to just desperately pitch out something useless for no other reason than to cover his ass and try to stay afloat. Right now, I'd be willing to bet he's way more concerned about re-election (i.e. pitching whatever good news he possibly can) than helping out literally anybody who isn't himself by manipulating markets. So my theory is that this whole thing is entirely self-serving and not motivated at all by others. It's full blown CYA.
    Last edited by theimage13; 04-08-2020 at 07:13 AM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    When it comes to politics I usually don’t throw an ounce of an opinion in, but this outbreak has hit not only a nerve with me, but really piqued my interest (as devastating as it is) on a level of genuine curiosity. I think it comes down to (being 31 now and looking back at my college years, double-majoring in English & Philosophy and rolling my eyes) the fact that I really would have loved to have studied, in earnest, biology or microbiology. As bad as it all is I can’t help but feel slightly fascinated by it.

What’s that George Carlin quote from years ago? “If you read the daily paper - even poorly - you know something is fucked up”. That’s how I feel every time I see Trump talking for more than a minute. My mind immediately asks me: “how is this person not in a mental institution, let alone in a position of virtual ultimate power?”

No real point to this post, but just throwing a bit of my background character out there. Hope everyone is staying safe.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    As the article laid out: desperation. He's drowning, and he needs SOMETHING to sell to people, because that's all he knows how to do: bluster and blow and sell shit. Not ruling out the possibility that some buddy may have a higher stake in it, but it's completely on brand for him to just desperately pitch out something useless for no other reason than to cover his ass and try to stay afloat.
    True. It is working with his base. I saw a Facebook “friend” posting about how the “dems” don’t want anyone to get the drug because they hate trump and people or something.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Maybe he doesn’t have a personal financial stake in the drug but I’m willing to bet someone who has access to him does. Why else would he promote it so much? He benefits because some rich person or people he knows will benefit.
    There's definitely something fucked up about it. I think one part of it is purely disinformation. "It's not that bad, Dems are liars, the sky isn't falling, I know what I'm doing, take this drug, it's a miracle!." Muddy the waters.

On the other hand, money to his family / campaign isn't always a straight line.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I don't know which Closer Look it is but I read someone else who had watched it quote this: "Seth Meyers has a good point. The drug has more than six syllables and Trump nails it every time so he has a personal interest in making sure it's correct when he says it."

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    https://www.latimes.com/politics/sto...virus-supplies

I'm just going to leave this here without commentary because...I just can't fucking deal with this shit anymore.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    https://www.latimes.com/politics/sto...virus-supplies

I'm just going to leave this here without commentary because...I just can't fucking deal with this shit anymore.
    Why why why? I don’t understand why they’d do this. It’s weird and fucked up.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I'm sure those supplies will surface in red or swing states shortly.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    but he’s still an asshole for encouraging the intake of something that could potentially kill you so off-the-cuff like that.
    I have taken this medicine for a swollen lymnoid, my wife has taken it for cyst. It is prescribed for many infection as is very effective.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Yeah, I once took a Klonopin which helped with my anxiety, so now I view it as a universal treatment for everything.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Always just have to be rude,damn guys. Tons of medicine has mutiple uses. Sarah, sounds like you could use another dose of your anxiety meds. I'll wait for the next comeback or you could just stop haveing a smartass remark.
    Last edited by bryan_NIN65; 04-08-2020 at 02:38 PM.