Page 48 of 56 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1664

Thread: Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tcrudolph View Post
    If it wasn't someone I had interacted with before from this board living in the same city, and that I had been following on social media and felt like I somewhat knew by association, then I wouldn't have had any reason to do it. Just my two cents.
    Don't sell yourself short, you did a good thing.

I brought up people getting tickets for others because I actually feel/felt guilty asking someone (because of the nature of the event), not because those people are "bad" or "wrong".

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaydraven View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't dig the in-person event. I'm lucky that my wait wasn't super long, but still it sucked. And I tried to get out my comfort zone and strike up convos, but it never got far. I think the people I was around wanted to stick with their friend group, which is understandable. Still, at this point I'm glad I did it just to get my tickets. For comparison, I tried to get tickets via TM and after refreshing 5 times a pair came up. The total would've been 239 for two vs 209. Can't really beat that. But as I mentioned earlier, I would not want to do an in-person event again and I hope they find a better way to combat scalpers next time they tour.
    Agreed - still hashing out my feelings on it. If we hadn't gotten there at 740AM we may not even have tickets, spent 6 hours in line and would've missed a wedding we needed to get to if it went any longer. I didn't mind doing it and there were definitely some neat aspects, but if it were to become a regular thing I think my feelings would change. I've been doing the online presales since the With Teeth 2005 tour and never had an issue, but I understand and appreciate the attempts to fight scalping nonetheless.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post

I brought up people getting tickets for others because I actually feel/felt guilty asking someone (because of the nature of the event), not because those people are "bad" or "wrong".
    Gotcha - I would say I considered the ethics of such a thing with regard to the "physical world" presale idea in the days since, and I do find it interesting. That's not to say I wouldn't do it again, I just think it raises some interesting questions.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Gotcha - I would say I considered the ethics of such a thing with regard to the "physical world" presale idea in the days since, and I do find it interesting. That's not to say I wouldn't do it again, I just think it raises some interesting questions.
    Plus I'm excited to hang out with @sweeterthan and her husband and make new ets friends

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Agreed - still hashing out my feelings on it. If we hadn't gotten there at 740AM we may not even have tickets, spent 6 hours in line and would've missed a wedding we needed to get to if it went any longer. I didn't mind doing it and there were definitely some neat aspects, but if it were to become a regular thing I think my feelings would change. I've been doing the online presales since the With Teeth 2005 tour and never had an issue, but I understand and appreciate the attempts to fight scalping nonetheless.

Yeah, exactly. I don't mind it now and I'm lucky I got there at 7. I honestly probably would've given up if I got there later and was way far back in line. But it's gonna be a pain if it's a regular thing. I'm so used to just dealing with online pre-sales and TM fees at this point. It sucks, but I can't always drop everything to go to a box office to get tickets. I can't imagine what would've happened if I actually worked on Saturday!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Try again!

I tried to buy tickets at 10:00 am and was unable to. I get a text from Ticketmaster at 11:00 saying tickets are available. Managed to go back to ticketmaster website and buy two tickets.

Just a weird experience overall. Went from frustrated to elated.

And yes, Youth is King. I don't think Trent is catering to the age bracket that has been supporting his work since the late 80's.
    Last edited by trezdustrial; 05-24-2018 at 10:58 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got in line in Denver at 7:10AM. Somebody walked by with a counter and said we were about 700th in line, by 8:00 the line had doubled and was about 1,400-1,500 strong. Took a little over six hours to secure my tix. Row 1 is reserved for disability seating at Red Rocks and those were not available at the presale. Rows 2-7 were non transferable Flash Seats only (no hard ticket). This must have made people skittish about purchasing those tix and allowed me to score four in the 5th row!

Check out the drone footage that somebody shot -

https://twitter.com/Coxitron/status/998408086267183106
    Last edited by HighPlainsDrifter; 05-24-2018 at 11:19 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    Those online service fees tho...
    $135 ticket
    $21.50 Service
    $1.78 Additional Taxes
    $4.00 Order Processing
    $3.50 Shipping

$165.78 vs $145 in person.
    Those in-person service fees though
    - Parking
    - Gas
    - Food/other shit you need to survive for the next
    - 8 hours of your life

Call those fees $21 well spent.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    LMAO the SF show just sent me to a broken link where it was all screwed up: just the skeleton of a site with the links that did noting and missing images. Glad I just bit the bullet and paid $150 on stubhub. Online had zero chance of getting tix. Now it's not even bots; it's like the site was wrecked (not exactly crashed as the outlines of a site, with link lists were present). What a crock of shit.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    You think that Trent is getting a kickback from stubhub for doing this tour in such a pro-scalper fashion?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    So, I completely backed out and just stubbornly rebooted my Laptop and was able to get tickets, for my friend, 22 minutes after they went on sale. Surprised it worked. GL to everyone else.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Took two computers and two different browsers, but managed to snag one ticket for the third L.A. show. Whew.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So yeah, after all the stress and anxiety of having to miss the in-person presale, it was easy as pie to get tickets for both days in D.C. (NYC not so much.) With the nearest venue 6 hours away from me, this was by far the more reasonable situation. Sad to miss out on special merch, but happy to only travel once for 2 shows. Even so, I hope they NEVER do it this way again.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    Those in-person service fees though
    - Parking
    - Gas
    - Food/other shit you need to survive for the next
    - 8 hours of your life

Call those fees $21 well spent.
    Maybe $5 for me. Almost a gallon of gas, a bottle of water and a bag of chips, who pays for parking lol.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Maybe $5 for me. Almost a gallon of gas, a bottle of water and a bag of chips, who pays for parking lol.
    Bet you a bunch of those fans who got $70 parking tix for exceeding the 2 hour park limit wished they paid. DOT made a fucking killing on NIN fans that morning.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    Bet you a bunch of those fans who got $70 parking tix for exceeding the 2 hour park limit wished they paid. DOT made a fucking killing on NIN fans that morning.
    Yeah. The last thing I want to do is worry about parking at shows, so I just paid the extra $20 via LiveNation and washed my hands of it.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Posted this in the NY thread (and accidentally in the DC thread), but NIN should hit show 1,000 on this tour. Based on nintourhistory.com and the currently listed dates, it'll be 10/13 in NY, but I don't know how complete the history site is (plus they may add more dates between now and then).

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I hope that's true. Holy shit. Something about being at the 1,000th one would be fucking amazing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My Physical World Presale Story

Here's my story: Like most of you, I'm a huge NIN fan and have been for years. My first NIN memory is seeing the HLAH video on MTV and being blown away...I then proceeded to buy PHM on cassette and run that cassette into the ground! Fast forward to present day...I unfortunately knew ahead of time I wasn't able to make it to the Physical World Presale. I had a 5k to run in the rain and then my daughter's soccer game to watch in a downpour. So I reached out in the days leading up to the presale on reddit and ETS, hoping that anyone would be able to get me a ticket...as the days wore on, I was losing hope, realizing my only hope would be battling the bots when TM finally put tickets on sale...But then late Friday night, I put out one last desperate plea for help. Could anyone buy me an extra ticket? Then, out of nowhere, this guy Uri, AKA @afistfulofschmeckles (I think) on reddit responded. A complete stranger. Never met this dude in my life. He was already in line at Radio City! The night before tickets went on sale! IN THE RAIN! He said if I could send him the money through Venmo he'd help me out. At first I was hesitant bc I've been burned before, but after texting a bit, I decided to take a chance and sent him the money. I held my breath and crossed my fingers...and then the next morning, shortly after finishing my 5k, Uri informed me that not only had he bought me a ticket, but was able to get center orchestra, just a few rows back! He then took the extra effort to send me a pic of my ticket and even had it fed-we'd to me! Today, I got the ticket in the mail and I'm beyond psyched! And I just wanted to give Uri the recognition he deserves! Dude, YOU'RE the real MVP! Thanks again for restoring my faith in humanity! This is something I'll never forget, and I hope one day to pay it forward when the opportunity presents itself...NIN fans really are the fucking best!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Even though I wasn't the biggest of the in-person event, I'm glad to hear of all the fans helping each other with picking up tickets for those who couldn't be there etc. Reminds me that the world isn't always a shit hole.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HighPlainsDrifter View Post
    Got in line in Denver at 7:10AM. Somebody walked by with a counter and said we were about 700th in line, by 8:00 the line had doubled and was about 1,400-1,500 strong. Took a little over six hours to secure my tix. Row 1 is reserved for disability seating at Red Rocks and those were not available at the presale. Rows 2-7 were non transferable Flash Seats only (no hard ticket). This must have made people skittish about purchasing those tix and allowed me to score four in the 5th row!

Check out the drone footage that somebody shot -

https://twitter.com/Coxitron/status/998408086267183106
    You were probably pretty damn close to me. We stood by the portapotties and across from the RVs for a long ass time. I had on, for awhile, a long, black leather trench coat.

Also, i was just momentarily thrown for a loop by your username, combined with the fact that you were there Sunday: I sometimes use the name High PLANES Drifter (as in higher planes of existence, but also acknowledging the fact that I come from and live on the great high planes.)

For a split second, I thought I had changed my username, haha.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    attention anyone still looking for tickets: i know its blasphemy, but there are a lot of tickets available on Ebay via stubhub. some are asking astronomical money for 1 ticket, as others are asking pretty reasonable amounts for 1 or 2 tickets. I'm not a seller, just thought i would put it out there for those who may have missed out.

also want to give a shout out to wolfkiller for hooking me up. this ETS community is amazing and i couldn't be more thankful

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Plus I'm excited to hang out with @sweeterthan and her husband and make new ets friends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post

I pretty much told him the same thing. You should feel so good because you did a good thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    went into 11/27 and 28/18 show when they went on sale and there were no tix - went back in an hour later and grabbed 2 pit tickets for 11/28 - woo hoo!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetvet1975 View Post
    My Physical World Presale Story

Here's my story: Like most of you, I'm a huge NIN fan and have been for years. My first NIN memory is seeing the HLAH video on MTV and being blown away...I then proceeded to buy PHM on cassette and run that cassette into the ground! Fast forward to present day...I unfortunately knew ahead of time I wasn't able to make it to the Physical World Presale. I had a 5k to run in the rain and then my daughter's soccer game to watch in a downpour. So I reached out in the days leading up to the presale on reddit and ETS, hoping that anyone would be able to get me a ticket...as the days wore on, I was losing hope, realizing my only hope would be battling the bots when TM finally put tickets on sale...But then late Friday night, I put out one last desperate plea for help. Could anyone buy me an extra ticket? Then, out of nowhere, this guy Uri, AKA @afistfulofschmeckles (I think) on reddit responded. A complete stranger. Never met this dude in my life. He was already in line at Radio City! The night before tickets went on sale! IN THE RAIN! He said if I could send him the money through Venmo he'd help me out. At first I was hesitant bc I've been burned before, but after texting a bit, I decided to take a chance and sent him the money. I held my breath and crossed my fingers...and then the next morning, shortly after finishing my 5k, Uri informed me that not only had he bought me a ticket, but was able to get center orchestra, just a few rows back! He then took the extra effort to send me a pic of my ticket and even had it fed-we'd to me! Today, I got the ticket in the mail and I'm beyond psyched! And I just wanted to give Uri the recognition he deserves! Dude, YOU'RE the real MVP! Thanks again for restoring my faith in humanity! This is something I'll never forget, and I hope one day to pay it forward when the opportunity presents itself...NIN fans really are the fucking best!

OMG! He was one of my line buddies! He talked about how he was buying a ticket for a random guy from Reddit. He's super awesome! I was telling him that I was buying for strangers, but I made them send me the money first because I wasn't gonna get burned for that much. We are planning to meet up before the show with our little circle of line mates for a drink, if you would like to join us and meet
    Last edited by Sarah K; 05-24-2018 at 05:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had fun, despite standing in 90ish degree weather and mostly being in the sun. The good merch was sold out by the time I got to the front, and I was kinda bummed out over that, but it was worth the experience. I made a few friends in the line and we shared beers, food, snacks, water, and talked about NIN and other stuff. Got to know them super well and added a few on Facebook. Showed up at 7:45 and still got my tickets, albeit not the best seats but still got 'em. I do wish they'd have done more to prevent the preline but what can ya do, venues gonna venue. Overall, I feel like if you went into this with the mindset to experience it as Trent wanted, then you most likely had a good time. I've waited in line for 10 hours for rare beer before, so this wasn't super bad in comparison. I do agree though, most folks bitching are the ones who couldn't wait in the lines, or the ones that got rained on. I kinda feel bad for those people lol

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Posted this in the NY thread (and accidentally in the DC thread), but NIN should hit show 1,000 on this tour. Based on nintourhistory.com and the currently listed dates, it'll be 10/13 in NY, but I don't know how complete the history site is (plus they may add more dates between now and then).
    The math on calculating it is really iffy because of the data on nintourhistory, especially early dates. For example, there are some 1988 Canada dates in there that NIN did not perform at. There are several 89 dates missing. There are some spurious dates on the Peter Murphy tour, and two dates on the Hate and Sin tours where NIN performed two shows on a single night, which are not reflected in the data. There's a date missing on Hate, a spurious date on Lollapalooza, and a spurious date on the 95 club tour. And then do you count stuff like radio shows (2006 radio shows, 2005 maida vale, 2000 CRC, etc.) and TV appearances (1999 MTV VMAs, 1989 Dance Party USA, 2014 Grammys), or the Bridge School Benefit or ReACT Now billed as "Trent Reznor"? Some of those are included in the data and some are not.

So, if you correct for all those issues, then they'll hit 1000 shows in the first half of the US tour, or just before the end of the US tour, if you exclude TV and radio appearances. But it's just impossible to say which show exactly is the 1000th.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    The math on calculating it is really iffy because of the data on nintourhistory, especially early dates.
    Yeah, had a quick Twitter convo with nintourhistory about this. It would be amazing if we could pull together and figure it out exactly, but I'm sure you're right there's no way to be sure, even if we collectively agree on how to define what counts as a NIN show.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    In New Orleans, you're paying for parking or you're fucked. They are extremely strict down there. I parked at a garage that was $12 for 12 hours. My gas for the trip was about $40. I indulged and bought an award-winning $15 bloody mary from the Ruby Slipper and ate at Felix's Oyster Bar for $18. Every penny was worth the opportunity of getting 5th row center tickets at an amazing venue to see my favorite live band.

Plus, we still had service fees at the box office. My $175 tickets were $194.50 and my $125 tickets were $141.50. It was slightly cheaper if you paid with cash. I'm not complaining though. It's all worth it.