Page 29 of 129 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing?

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    The "asteroids" part of Dead Space: what ungodly, horrible, unimaginable part of Hell did THIS come from? I want to find whoever thought up this level and punch them in the face repeatedly.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    My mate finally got a home internet connection after moving 10 months ago. Perfect reason to bust out some Battlefield 3 again

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    50+ hours into Skyrim. With no sign of slowing.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    The "asteroids" part of Dead Space: what ungodly, horrible, unimaginable part of Hell did THIS come from? I want to find whoever thought up this level and punch them in the face repeatedly.
    That part was annoying. It's not hard to do but the fucking achievement for it comes down to luck of the draw and retrying. That's still probably one of my top proudest achievements that I have on my gamercard.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    ^^
    That part SUCKED! Made me super tense and made me wish I was inside with the aliens again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got Revengeance a couple of days ago. This game is hella fun!

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    (re: asteroids in Dead Space)

I did it! I did it!!!

I had, literally, ONE PERCENT left. If one more asteroid hit (and there were a few coming my way) I would have been dead. I got by at the absolute last moment possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    Is that the level where you're walking on the outside of the ship? I gave up after about 75 tries and haven't played it since.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm actually having a great time with my first playthrough of GTA: San Andreas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Absolutely beautiful. I just finished it and I am just blown away.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merse View Post
    Is that the level where you're walking on the outside of the ship? I gave up after about 75 tries and haven't played it since.
    Actually, no. It's the part right AFTER that where you have to save the ship from an asteroid storm and they have about FIVE BILLION of the damn things coming at you from every direction and you have to shoot as many as you can with lasers.

The trick to the part where you're walking on the outside of the ship is that you have to hide behind the "boxes" (for lack of a better term) while the asteroids are smashing into the ship. There's a break between each onslaught, so that's when you make a run for it and move a little further and then hide behind another box while the next storm hits and then, when that storm's over, you make a run for it and move a little further and then hide behind another box again while the next one hits, etc. If you do that you should be able to make it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Actually...I think you've reminded me, I think I DID finish the outside part, because I remember the part about shooting them that you mentioned. Either way, I quit playing, because ever since I beat Halo 3 on legendary by myself, I've have zero tolerance for video-game based frustration. It's just not worth it, what are gamer points and achievements anyway?
    ( ._.)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Actually...I think you've reminded me, I think I DID finish the outside part, because I remember the part about shooting them that you mentioned. Either way, I quit playing, because ever since I beat Halo 3 on legendary by myself, I've have zero tolerance for video-game based frustration. It's just not worth it, what are gamer points and achievements anyway?
    ( ._.)
    Achievements are fun to get because they give replay value and make playing through the hardest difficulties worth plaything through. I don't mind difficulty. The only thing I hate is when people say "games are meant to beat you" (My parents said this a lot) but there's a difference between being hard and being cheap.

Anyways.

I'm locked into the Chaos route in Shin Megami Tensei IV and I gotta say, this game is phenomenal. It's got some pretty dark moments in the story too. I'm teaming up with Lucifer to kill Gabriel,Uriel,Raphael and Michael and then God.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I wish I had a 3DS so I could play Shin Megami Tensei IV... it might actually inspire me to get one.

And on the trophy/achievement tip, lately I've been keeping myself sane by aiming for the Platinum trophy for Dark Souls. I'm so close.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I wish I had a 3DS so I could play Shin Megami Tensei IV... it might actually inspire me to get one.

And on the trophy/achievement tip, lately I've been keeping myself sane by aiming for the Platinum trophy for Dark Souls. I'm so close.

SMTIV is seriously the only reason I got a 3DS. Soul Hackers and Fire Emblem: Awakening were just bonuses.

I think you'd really dig the soundtrack. I'm actually recording the soundtrack as I progress through the story.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    ( ._.)
    I'm with you. I'm this close to giving up on this God damn game. It's been nothing but a giant headache from the beginning.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

I'd do anything for a current gen or next gen addition to this game series. Last one I played was Bloody Roar 3 on my PS2. I still own all of my three original copies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Reminds me that I would give anything to have a new legit Parasite Eve Game.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Dota 2 is sucking up damn near all of my game time. I'm smitten.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rogue Legacy, so frustrating but so great!

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

What are you playing?

Teleglitch. Did I already say that? Awesome game.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So I beat the main story of Asura's Wrath and the true ending episode 18. I still need to get S ranks and unlock all the gauges along with beating the Part IV: Nirvana DLC. Excellent game and an incredible world of highly crafted story-telling and design...too bad my fingers hurt from those B mashing sequences. >.<

Anyone here have it or play it?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    got Dragon's Crown a little bit early. Been playing it with some friends for the past few hours. GOTY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    inFamous

I hope I'll have enogh money soon for the last of us, I wanna play that so badly

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Jet Set Radio is free on psn. What a shit game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The Last of Us. Holy shit this game is amazing.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Spec Ops : The Line
    I've heard good things.. not too far in yet though. Despite some general unreal engine 3-ness about the graphics, its still very pretty in places

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidcalm View Post
    Spec Ops : The Line
    I've heard good things.. not too far in yet though. Despite some general unreal engine 3-ness about the graphics, its still very pretty in places
    I personally really loved that game. It was a solid third-person shooter, had significant choices to be made throughout and a pretty involved story. The multiplayer was trash but the single player is top notch minus some idiotic design ideas like making the melee and cover buttons the same.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Bought Valkyria Chronicles the other day. I am about to start playing this. I'm also going through my neutral path in SMTIV. I'm going to be booked with games for awhile. I also bought Devil Summoner: Raidou Vs. The Soulless Army and Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Going to go against the grain a bit with VC.. I loved the first few missions, and its a beautiful game, but I got to one boss fight and I was so stuck I never finished it. One day I might give it another go.