Page 21 of 55 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Gone Girl (2014)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    With Suspicion is SICK. Like Ghosts 37 in terms of the "mess".

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Fantastic thus far. This could quite possibly end up being my favorite Reznor/Ross score.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Now this is WAY harder to resist than the sound cloud preview, dammit. I'll probably give in after class today. So awesome that reactions are all great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just Like You has some real Badalamenti vibe. It would fit well on the Lost Highway soundtrack.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Anyone gonna rip this thing?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Does "Perpetual" have a variation of the Downward Spiral motif in it or am I just imagining that?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaro View Post
    Probably just going to wait a few more days for high quality download personally

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    "With Suspicion" is great. "Like Home" just tore me apart, gave me goosebumps and made me tear up all in the best ways. "Technically Missing" is lovely too.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    "With Suspicion" is great. "Like Home" just tore me apart, gave me goosebumps and made me tear up all in the best ways. "Technically Missing" is lovely too.
    Yeah, I've been reading stuff saying about how creepy, disturbing etc it is, although I haven't listened to it all yet, the overwhelming feelings I'm getting are that it's beautiful and sad. Thinking is there something wrong with me, or have I been into NIN so many years I'm immune to feeling 'disturbed'?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaro View Post
    Funny that the one that doesn'tt know how to rip is the same who didn't saw my previous statment in this thread

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So the best track would be what......Technically, Missing....? Enormous sounding gem.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Funny that the one that doesn'tt know how to rip is the same who didn't saw my previous statment in this thread
    Okay... Send the download link my way, bub. Many thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Does "Perpetual" have a variation of the Downward Spiral motif in it or am I just imagining that?
    It's not quite the full motif, but it definitely sounds similar.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I would love a DL link if anybody would be so kind.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Download link?? Come on... can you guys seriously not be patient for FIVE DAYS?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    We could. We could also get hit by a car and not live to see FIVE DAYS from now.

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    If you want a download link, there are plenty of resources online where you can learn how to rip streams. If that's too much effort, wait just five more days.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    I already ripped it, it was easier that private soundcloud, same quality: 128kb no idtag

People, go fund yourself!!

(it's a South Park reference. I'm not trying to be offensive)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Start Up
    Cash In
    Sell Out
    Bro Down

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Jesus this place got mean. Tried Jdownloader which usually works but it didn't. Il just wait. Jeez

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    How the hell is it mean when we've got people asking for a download rip of the FULL SOUNDTRACK, five days before its official release? The sampler is one thing (though that's also not really good to do), but this is literally the entire album, a commercial release. I'm surprised Leviathant hasn't come down harder on this thread yet - it's been a mess since yesterday.

Keep the pirate demands to PMs, people.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    You're right. I was out of line. Those kind of request don't fly here. Spending too much on time on /B/

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I really gotta ask the question now. Where the hell is the difference between listening to a stream and ripping a stream? I for one like to listen to my music offline. And I like to scrobble to lastfm, which is only possible with tagged files. I think we can all agree that 99% of us will buy the album anyway, so where's the problem when someone's asking for a download link? I mean, they're releasing their music a few days early by choice. Freely available for everyone. I don't see any problem at all.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    They took 1 Ghosts 6 and put it in a blender and gave it a little shake and out popped Clue One

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niggo View Post
    Where the hell is the difference between listening to a stream and ripping a stream?
    apparently a lot if you have to ask for a link to a rip after a link to the stream has already been provided.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I really gotta ask the question now. Where the hell is the difference between listening to a stream and ripping a stream? I for one like to listen to my music offline. And I like to scrobble to lastfm, which is only possible with tagged files. I think we can all agree that 99% of us will buy the album anyway, so where's the problem when someone's asking for a download link? I mean, they're releasing their music a few days early by choice. Freely available for everyone. I don't see any problem at all.
    It's lazy. Like bad lazy. "Hey, I don't want to rip, I don't want to read the previous posts to see if someone already got it, I don't want to PM someone. So send me the link. I don't bother to read anyway."

Well... that's how I see every "PM me please"

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    If you don't see a problem, you should be able to make a rip yourself. I have no doubt that everyone here who's asking for a rip has either already preordered or will buy a copy, many even will buy the more expensive vinyl option. The fact of the matter is that just because you want a thing doesn't mean you are entitled to a thing. It's your choice if you would like take that transformative step and make the files that are being streamed to your computer into static files that you can copy around. It's really not that difficult. Takes maybe ten minutes of searching and poking around. You can do it! Unless you're on an iPad.

Here's the thing - we have in the past received very nice requests from a variety of companies who have come across ETS and found people to be distributing links to downloads that are not licensed as downloads. Not cease and desist orders, but the kind of thing you get before that. But it's still unnerving, and I prefer to nip that problem in the bud. Additionally, it makes forums really fucking boring when you get page upon page of "anyone got a rip?" There are websites you go to if you want to find rips, where rips are the primary purpose for their existence. If that's too much effort, but putting your hand out and asking for some digital change isn't, I won't begrudge you that, but I will ask you to go do it on someone else's corner. That's just how I like to do things here, because I've been helping run things here for a dozen years. It's hard to condense all that experience down into a forum reply, and "Take my word for it" is totally unsatisfactory, so I hope I've at least provided a little more background behind this decision than that.

You don't need to argue the semantics of what a download or a stream is with me. You've seen and heard things that you've only seen an heard because I personally helped facilitate turning them into high quality downloads.

I hope that answers your question. Thanks!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Eh. I think it's alright. Some interesting stuff going on in here that's still that trademark Trent Reznor and Atticus fucking around, making music in a studio vibe but calling it the greatest score is a little hyperbolic.

Maybe when I can listen to this outside of work I can dig into it deeper. It doesn't sound as sparse and too long for it's own good like the vibe I got from TGWTDT but it doesn't pack the punch I felt the Social Network score did. I still think that one remains my favorite.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Absolutely chilling. Liking this a lot more than TSN and TGWTDT.

Also, they really captured the mood of the book. Way better than I could have hoped for.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    @Leviathant Alright, understood. I really didn't ask for myself, since I already managed to get the files. It just really came across like "it's not the right thing to do" or "go rip it yourself, idiots", and that I find pretty mean. If it's an ETS matter I totally get it. Didn't mean to sound like a dick.