Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Thread: The DC Extended Universe Thread

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Well with that release date its safe to assume this film is defiantly happening (though whatever plans for a cohesive shared universe are out of the window at this point) so please DC...PLEASE just make a GOOD FILM! Treat this as a solid stand alone and make the best film you can.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggermine
    Is it? The budget isn't very high, and that release is still well over a year from now.
    It is. Given that it is filming 'later this year', even with the lower budget this is clearly a shot at the dart board...hoping that it blows up and makes way more than they're anticipating it to. Even if they begun filming it say in August (highly doubtful), which would be...with the average 4 month shooting length.

Filming - August to December
    Editing - January to say...February or March?
    Promotion - Summer 2019
    Release - October 2019

That's cutting it down to the wire in the most blatant sense of the word. Hoping nothing goes wrong along the way at any turn. The budget is $55 million, a big chunk of which is obviously going to Phoenix. Like I said, they're basically using this as a guinea pig.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    It is. Given that it is filming 'later this year', even with the lower budget this is clearly a shot at the dart board...hoping that it blows up and makes way more than they're anticipating it to. Even if they begun filming it say in August (highly doubtful), which would be...with the average 4 month shooting length.

Promotion - Summer 2019
    Release - October 2019

That's cutting it down to the wire in the most blatant sense of the word. Hoping nothing goes wrong along the way at any turn. The budget is $55 million, a big chunk of which is obviously going to Phoenix. Like I said, they're basically using this as a guinea pig.
    Also take into account this hasn't even been fully cast yet, scheduling conflicts and inevitable re-shots...i find it very VERY hard to believe it'll hit that date.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Fuck this shit. Hard pass on Titans. I'm actually kind of shaking mad about this. Robin shooting criminals and stepping on one's neck? Nope.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-first-ti...-an-1827712826

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    What are these people thinking with this Titans dogshit?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    DC Universe subscription pricing:

74.99 USD per year.
    7.99 USD per month.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    DC Universe subscription pricing:

74.99 USD per year.
    7.99 USD per month.
    that's...quite a lot for just DC stuff.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    What are these people thinking with this Titans dogshit?

You have two other Robins (Jason Todd and Damien Wayne) who can say "Fuck Batman" and stab, shoot, and step on necks and they chose Dick Grayson. I'm out on that alone, and I was really looking forward to this show, too.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    That is cringe-inducingly, terribly bad, even by Zack Snyder edgelord standards.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Okay, I have a few issues with this. One is that they have Akiva Goldsman, writer of Batman Forever and Batman And Robin, on the production team. DC apparently apparently forgives him and his handling of Robin in those two movies (where he was whiny and mostly useless), while director Joel Schumacher remains a pariah to this very day simply for directing the latter film. This and having Dick being unnecessarily violent in this trailer suggest that DC secretly wants us to hate him for not being as "cool" as Batman. Also, is Raven supposed to be whiny? They're obviously trying to distance themselves from the animated series, but apparently the dark tone they're obviously aiming for has no room for a hero being stoic and sarcastic. At least when Green Arrow was presented as a darker anti-hero (in the first season of Arrow, the only one I saw) they had Oliver just starting out as a costumed hero, be called out for his violence in virtually every episode, and have him undergo character development. Titans looks like they're aiming at darkness for the sake of darkness.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The Edgelord is strong with the Titans trailer.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    DC, go fuck yourself. Tom King & the team doing Batman with him are currently the only thing I can currently support across print, TV or film. Well I guess I back the Black Lightning & Flash people too, but against my better judgement.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    DC, go fuck yourself. Tom King & the team doing Batman with him are currently the only thing I can currently support across print, TV or film. Well I guess I back the Black Lightning & Flash people too, but against my better judgement.
    Tom King is the worst thing to happen to batman since Clooney.

The Titans trailer was whatever, I hope the show is better. I am not a fan of this Robin.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    sometimes I really have a hard time guessing what people they want to target these days... why in god's name is there always some teenage mall rat goth element with these movies and shows? whether it be x-men, the dc shows and most recently Stranger Things. Why is every supernatural girl an angsty teenager with dyed hair and portraied in an over the top whiney fashion?!

nope, I'll pass... the only good thing from DC coming right now is BTAS in HD. I hope that "Joker" at least has some redeeming qualities to it as I think Phoenix can definitely pull something interesting out of his head. Then again, I am waaaay to happy with Mark Hamill as the Joker. Still after all those years.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Because that's so raven!

No seriously, I get it, that is supposed to be Raven. I dont mind it. Only thing right now Im questioning is Robin, other than that Im going to give the show a chance.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    They can't be serious with that trailer...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Promotion - Summer 2019
    Release - October 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Also take into account this hasn't even been fully cast yet, scheduling conflicts and inevitable re-shots...i find it very VERY hard to believe it'll hit that date.
    Good points.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Oh, now there's a casting i can get behind!

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Evven with those two casting choicrs, given what we saw in the Titans trailer, DC is a place of complete incompetence at this point. It's hard to be optimistic about anything they put out at all.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggermine View Post
    Good points.
    I wasn't trying to come off as a dick, or as condescending, so apologies if it came off that way...it's coming from a general state of worry from whomever's making the DC movie decisions hahaha. I want nothing more than for Joker to be badass...but man, it's been a rough road lol.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    I know, right? How about - and this is radical, I know - how about you start filming before you announce a release date. Just in case.

Also: a potential Halloween-ey Joker movie? I can (maybe) dig it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Joker begins filming in September, and apparently his real name and story have already leaked? Possible spoiler alert and all that...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I wasn't trying to come off as a dick, or as condescending, so apologies if it came off that way...it's coming from a general state of worry from whomever's making the DC movie decisions hahaha. I want nothing more than for Joker to be badass...but man, it's been a rough road lol.
    Not at all! I wasn't thinking about it that deeply, so it was helpful for understanding why that date might not be reasonable. I totally agree. I really wish DC would stop trying to be in control and let their filmmakers call the shots. They've clearly proven to have made terrible choices in the past.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Shazam!

EDIT: Also, Aquaman
    Last edited by Patrick_Nicholas; 07-21-2018 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Trailers for two different DCEU movies

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Wow. I did not expect aquaman to look that epic. Fuck yea.

And Shazam looks great too.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    You can definitely tell they're trying to move towards the Marvel universe in terms of levity, etc.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Sorry, Aquaman looks just so lame to me. More DC CG cartoonery. Aquaman is to DC like Thor is to Marvel, the cocky meathead. Only Thor is a thunder god with his hammer and Aquaman talks to fishes and has a trident like the Little Mermaid's father. Also, and my girl asked this by the way, did they purposely make the girl look like Ariel in this?

You'd imagine with the budgets these movies have they can do some decent special effects. I don't wanna hear the whole unfinished, still filming, work in progress argument because Justice League looked like a Saturday morning cartoon for about 80% of it. I ain't some Marvel fanboy nor a DC one. I honestly only enjoyed a few of the Marvel movies, bur DC has yet to deliver a single one. I guess Wonder Woman was okay, only decent one they did.

Scrap all these movies and give their budgets to Christopher Nolan to make him continue his Batman movies.
    Last edited by neorev; 07-21-2018 at 05:59 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Sorry, Aquaman looks just so lame to me. More DC CG cartoonery.
    I’d have to say the same. Very underwhelmed. A plot as old as time, and CGI that really looks laughable, in my opinion.

Shazam on the other hand looks like a riot. Knew nothing about it going in. Now I must know more.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    @Bachy
    Didn't see the Shazam trailer yet. Been losing my mind over Glass, Fantastic Beasts 2, and Godzilla 2