Page 234 of 485 FirstFirst ... 134 184 224 232 233 234 235 236 244 284 334 ... LastLast
Results 6,991 to 7,020 of 14527

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Brooke is much better than she was. She's no where near being as good as the top NXT women but she is improving.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Holy shit that main event was great. Bayley and Sasha brought it!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Match of the night, again. Sasha making the little girl cry was priceless.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Finn's knee didn't even lead to anything. Incredible. What a way to botch that tournament. I am glad that, of those two teams, Bálor and Joe won, though. I don't think the top two singles guys in NXT really needed the underdog treatment, but whatever. The ceremony made up for it, very much so.

Asuka/Dana Brooke was a great match with great offense on both sides, and Asuka went over very well. This program reminds me a bit of how Hideo was introduced, when he was getting double-teamed by the Ascension, but Asuka is much better off, both in story and in reality, because her match was clean and seemed to adapt to the WWE style very well. On another note, god damn I miss Hideo. Please come back soon.

Tyler/Apollo was great, but I think the wrong guy went over. Tyler needs to start getting wins, because he's solidifying his "big match jobber" status with all these losses. I was hoping they would do this the smart way and break Apollo's win streak early so he wouldn't be bogged down by it, but, well, the booking sucked for the undercard tonight, so that's that.

Bayley/Sasha was a master class. That's all I got.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I saw what Sasha did to that little girl. That is textbook heel and Sasha sold it. Oh, I heard she later apologized to that little girl after the match. She's the BO$$

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Breeze carried the match. No doubt about that. Asuka is legit. I just hope she transitions better than Itami did. The tournament felt like a huge missed opportunity for many things. I get what they did. But, now what? I can understand having the baby faces win, and I guess not do anything over the top after Cody's speech. The selling of the knee was weak. Imo, Jordan/Gable vs. Balor/Joe would've been better, no matter the outcome. That could've been the rub those guys needed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I don't have much to add that hasn't been mentioned already. Another fun NXT Takeover, I had a feeling that Joe and Balor were going to take it once I saw that they were a team around 2 months ago. An upset victory by Jordan and Gable would have been amazing, but as much as I didn't agree with it, it all made sense during the celebration afterward. Balor definitely could have sold the knee injury more and I wish the ending sequences to both of their matches were not exactly the same.

Dana Brooke has earned some points in my book, but damn....I'm stoked on Asuka.

I feel bad for Breeze, I don't think a loss would have been so bad for Crews (who I think needs a damn personality) tonight, no shame in losing to a former title contender.

That main event was fucking great, even though we all knew who would come out on top, the pinfalls were creative and the storytelling was perfect. Sasha brought out the old school heel and I was loving it. Good luck to her on the main roster.....I really hope they treat her right.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Great NXT show, Bayley and Sasha tore down the house, everyone knew that Bayley was going to win but that does't mean it was a anti climatic match, those two ladies have all my respect...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I knew Bayley was winning. But, I knew the match would be good. So I had no problem with it. Plus, it was spoiled for me on my phone. Didn't matter though. It's those matches that you know are obvious and you have low hopes for that you need to worry about.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    It was very predictable that Bayley was going to win at Takeover Brooklyn too and it was a great match. Predictable doesn't always mean bad.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    forgive my ignorance, but is bayley still babyface? the last i saw of her, there was a hint of heel. mind, i haven't watched NXT in months. i recently moved and haven't gotten around to television setup.
    *hug life*

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ldopa View Post
    forgive my ignorance, but is bayley still babyface? the last i saw of her, there was a hint of heel. mind, i haven't watched NXT in months. i recently moved and haven't gotten around to television setup.
    *hug life*
    Yup, still babyface. A little more edgier though.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    i'm not sure i could imagine her any other way.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    TNA just got another nail in the coffin. James Storm made his debut at NXT tonight at a taping.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Beer Money was a shitty tag team.

Fucking stupid name as well.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I wasn't watching when Beer Money was together. Bobby Roode is the fucking man though. Not crazy about Storm. But, I definitely respect him. Maybe he'll turn it up a notch in NXT. Maybe like Sting and so many others, he phoned it in at tna.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    What's Storm's name in NXT?

and won't somebody please hire Austin Aries and Kurt Angle?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I have a feeling he's going to go by his usual name. Could be wrong. But, it looks like he's going to have the same role as Rhyno. There to help the younger guys, etc.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    It's James Storm. The Samoa Joe special, presumably. I doubt either of them are going to hit the main roster - they're there to make the young guys look good and get WWE on their résumé before they retire.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

I work in a haunted house, what does ETS think of my facepaint design tonight?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    because i cannot get my life together and acquire wwe247 i only know that that is a wrestler from nxt that is hella badass. i only saw one match of his and i was very impressed.

/my old school fandom is showing again

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Word has it that Del Rio might go back to WWE. Personally, I hope not. But, if I were him, I'd make sure to get way more money after what happened to him.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I don't want Del Rio back in the WWE. He'll be misused and booked poorly. Besides, after the way he got fired by the WWE for standing up for himself. Why should he return? Fuck them.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Neither do i. He was boring in wwe. Plus, I'm surprised they would be willing to bring him back after what he's said about them. But, if I were him, I'd make them pay out the ass if they really want him.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I understand why they are trying to bring Del Rio back, they currently don't have a major latin star and they are not pushing Calisto or Sin Cara (for whatever reason) so they are going back with the most successful of those guys.
    I have mixed feelings: in a way i don't want him to come back after the shitty treatment they gave him and the double standards they have in there (it's Ok if an emloyee says something racist backstage but it's not ok when they say it in a radio show or whatever...). I another hand i do want him to come back, since i believe he's very talented and great as a heel (just keep the cars and have Ricardo Rodríguez as his announcer)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I wonder what issues he had with Lucha Underground. Maybe he wanted to be in the title picture? But he already has the AAA Heavyweight title, which was a valid championship in LU. He doesn't need both.

I hope he never comes back to WWE. They misused him and made him boring as fuck. He's better off on the American indie and Mexican circuits where he makes good money and is beloved by the fans.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Not sure what the deal with LU is. My guess is that they just haven't made a deal for him to return, yet.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    On another note, WWE continues to build a very interesting working relationship with EVOLVE, and presumably the rest of WWN. Sami Zayn returns at EVOLVE 49 & 50 this weekend.

I like this. Reach out to the indies without buying them outright.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    The New Day is the most entertaining thing on normal WWE tv.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    New Day might be the best thing in WWE, period.