Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Assassin's Creed - Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Missed out on the pass. At least there's a free dlc. Hopefully they've learned from this. Giving away free dlc and games has to hurt.
    Fine by me, companies need to stop doing this. It only hurts them in the end anyways.

I looked stuff up, for me to get that 30 G Master Architect achievement, I basically have to replay the game on a new save file and grind livres to get it upgraded again to hopefully unlock and register. Really hate to replay the same bullshit over again for fucking gamerscore that should've unlocked properly when I grinded the bullshit the first time.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Or you could just forget about it, gamerscore is pointless.

Also, wasting literally no time whatsoever, next year's game is officially called Assassin's Creed: Victory is set in Victorian era London. Looks impressive and I dig the time period...hope it doesn't suck like Unity.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Or you could just forget about it, gamerscore is pointless.

Also, wasting literally no time whatsoever, next year's game is officially called Assassin's Creed: Victory is set in Victorian era London. Looks impressive and I dig the time period...hope it doesn't suck like Unity.
    I probably will but it's still whack I got fucked out of it.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Every year that it's not set in Japan is just one more year between now and the year that the game's set in Japan.

Also - The AC game in 2016 SHOULD be the proper Assassin's Creed 4, because if the next numbered game is "Assassin's Creed 5: __________," I'm gonna lose my fucking mind with this franchise.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 12-02-2014 at 09:46 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I don't think they're doing numbered titles anymore. Can't remember where I read that though.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    Every year that it's not set in Japan is just one more year between now and the year that the game's set in Japan.

Also - The AC game in 2016 SHOULD be the proper Assassin's Creed 4, because if the next numbered game is "Assassin's Creed 5: __________," I'm gonna lose my fucking mind with this franchise.
    My thought exactly. They should literally be called Assassins Creed: Still not Japan. Or Assassins Creed Still in Europe.

Maybe well luck out and the ganes will be actually polished by the time we get there.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I don't think they're doing numbered titles anymore. Can't remember where I read that though.
    I really hope that's not the idea, because that can really only mean that they realized that their original plan was NOT going to work, and at this point are just throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks. Even after GTA: Vice City and GTA: San Andreas, they finally pulled through with GTA IV. I can only hope that Ubisoft does the same. Then, and only then, will I start thinking that they have an end game that they're working towards, and not just beating the horse to death.

Even if they can't do that, the LEAST they could do is release one complete game. Please. We can wait two whole years for a quality game. We've shown you this in the past.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    I really hope that's not the idea, because that can really only mean that they realized that their original plan was NOT going to work, and at this point are just throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks. Even after GTA: Vice City and GTA: San Andreas, they finally pulled through with GTA IV. I can only hope that Ubisoft does the same. Then, and only then, will I start thinking that they have an end game that they're working towards, and not just beating the horse to death.

Even if they can't do that, the LEAST they could do is release one complete game. Please. We can wait two whole years for a quality game. We've shown you this in the past.
    i cant imagine why you would think there's some sort of end game. The broader through line here suggests stream of consciousness writing at best. I think thats biggest dissapointment of these games. They offer an opportunity to explore endless cultures and time periods, while simultaneously tying together an absolutely epic storyline.

They squander both opportunities. The first by squandering there tine on white men in the same hooded uniform, almost entirely in europe. And taking place exclusively within the same 200 year timeline. The second by creating only the flimsiest connections between stories. There are so many waste opportunities to connect each story and create a broader more interesting conflict, and they simply do not do that.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I probably will but it's still whack I got fucked out of it.
    Sometimes I just get an achievement days later. It's odd.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmya View Post
    Sometimes I just get an achievement days later. It's odd.
    It's been two weeks, no dice.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    You're fucked. HTH

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Finally finished black flag yesterday and dear lord was it a bore in the end! I really liked the naval warfare, the setting and alot of the new elements, but being at Abstergo and not having a real story in the real world fell ultimately flat for me. I don't expect another Desmond but a mute and unnamed character you boringly stear around a pretty cold and uninteresting environment is pretty stale from the getgo.

At the moment I don't know if I want to play Unity or Rogue although there still is a certain urge to explore these new titles. I just barely made my way through AC3 aswell which started off great but got soooo boring in the end. AC2 was a beautifully crafted masterpeace that held me hostage right until the end. Even brotherhood was nice with revelations slowly setting of the downhill race for these games. They've become way too long and therefore repetitive and the story pretty much always becomes pretty neglectabale as it comes to a close. They should definitely take their time with the next title and come up with something massive again. I still find it amazing how nicely done these games are on the surface though, exploring has been fun with every single title, but that first feeling of amazement vanishes more quickly with every new game they put out.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Mmmm. Please be wearing some kind of sexy Assassin outfit. <3

For real, though, in light of Assassin's Creed's...missteps lately, as a franchise, I'm really not sure how I feel about the movie anymore. I don't even care to play Unity or Rogue. :\ It's gone from "Hey, check out this awesome idea we have for a story/universe" to "Okay, how can we make some quick money off of AC this year?"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I finished Unity yesterday. I really enjoyed it overall. I do miss the Juno-apocalyptic mystical element that was present in the first few games, though. They were just like "hey play through this memory sequence for us, would ya?"

I actually enjoyed those weird trippy puzzle-y sequences as Desmond that were present in ACII/III.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    May 12th official reveal.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Looks like the official title for the new game is now Assassin's Creed: Syndicate.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Michael Fassbender as Callum Lynch. Dec. 21, 2016

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I've never bought a season pass for anything before, but I've played all the past AC games and decided to get this one. I've loved all the games so far (for the most part, warts and all), and though I have my gripes about where they're taking the series, I felt like splurging. The Jack the Ripper DLC stuff looks neat. Hope it's worth it. So far, really liking the game. Paris was nice and pretty to look at in Unity, but I love the gritty, slummy, dreary London displayed in this game. The British accents are also pretty fun to listen to. The gameplay is more or less the same, with a few tweaks. The combat system seems a little more complicated, but versatile. So far, so good.
    Last edited by Mr. Blaileen; 10-24-2015 at 04:27 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Syndicate is really good. But then again, I really liked 3 and didn't really care for 2 that much.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    About 15% synch in and Syndicate is really great. Of course there are still minor gripes with movement and getting stuck on the odd thing, etc. but it feels moreso like a game where the devs literally sat in a room and said "Ok, what has worked well? That goes in. What has sucked ass? Leave that out."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, I hope they have taken the past criticism to heart and this really feels like a great game so far.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Loving this game even more now that I've had a chance to play it some more. There's something really neat that happens somewhere in the middle too. The game is almost too easy, though. The guards are so spread out that it's really easy to just annihilate an area and do whatever you need to do quickly and easily. Minor gripe, though. Really fun game. Can't wait to keep going for more of it.

Other minor gripe: I used to enjoy when it would let you press (select) or whatever it is on the XBox to access the encyclopedic entry for whatever feature or landmark you were near. Now they just populate in the database as you move past them, but you have to stop, hit start, select it from the menu, and read it. I find myself running past everything without knowing the significance of the places I'm going.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    maybe if they worked twice as hard on these games, and released them half as often, I'd be interested in picking one up again. At this point there's no way I'm going to even attempt to catch up.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Certainly both enjoyable and functional, however the fact that the controls are this wonky after nine years is baffling. Get your shit together AC!

The story is a little weak especially compared to Unity and Black Flag. Part of it is i just hate Jacob Frye. I hated Edward Kenway, but you were ki.d of supposed to, and then watch hin grow and become likable. I like Evie a lot but seems like shes taking a back seat.

They could really step up the present day sequences, itseems all tongue and cheek like a mission impossible with more bros. Itd be neat if it felt like present day had some weight, and some real connection to the events of the main game. These games are good, but they could be great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jacob is like a douchier version of Ezio.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Finished it today. Great game, but the ending was a little anti-climactic. There was a lot of build up and a lot of searching for Spoiler: the shroud, and it only showed up for just a few minutes of the game. The very very last cutscene showing Spoiler: the modern stuff and the shroud was really interesting, though. Now I have to wait a month for the Jack the Ripper stuff, I guess. I completed all the side missions before I finished the main story.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm looking at a bundle called The Americas Collection which consists of of III, IV and Liberation HD - worth twenty bucks?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    So, apparently a dev spilled the beans on the next AC online, and Kotaku confirms that it matches what their 'sources' have said for a while too. Key points:

- Not out until 2017. Series fatigue, want more time to develop and polish it. Proof will be, as the leak says, when there's no word at this year's E3 at all.
    - Code name "Assassin's Creed: Empire". Set in ancient Egypt. They want the least amount of historical documentation to get freedom. Story possibly set before the Assassins or Templars even existed. Basically a prequel to all AC's.
    - Complete revamp of the series. Going for a 'Witcher' feel...player progression, freeform combat.
    - Horses and boats are back.
    - Not much to climb outside vilages (a la Black Flag).
    - Made by the Black Flag team.
    - Lot less recycling of major elements of the gameplay itself.
    - Character is a slave or ex-slave, looks similar to Altair but with darker skin. Will have a pet eagle to control and send on 'scouting' type missions, etc.
    - One of the biggest differences the leak says is how colorful it already looks, blue skies, lush vegetation, desert mirage sequences.
    - PC, PS4, and Xbox One only.
    - Map size is 3x Black Flag, don't have to load cities, villages, etc. Everything is seamless.
    - Online co-op completely cut from the series for the time being, doubtful to ever return.
    - (as to why no Japan/China settings yet): Still in the works, not even close to Alpha. Not sure if it'll be the next one. 'Those in charge' don't seem to think the game mechanics would work in that setting...still working on making it happen though.

Obviously grain of salt.