Thread: Random Movie/TV News version 2.awesome

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Well, fuck it, my 2 cents....

First off, jokes are jokes. You gotta be able to laugh at your appearance. Look, I know its obviously harder for women because it's more rare. But all this about her having a disability? She's going bald. When a dude goes bald its always fodder for a punchline but now when its a rich, famous, attractive, talented hollywood star that happens to be a woman it's a disability now? Fuck that. She's bald, that's it. You can see her scalp. Whoopty fuckin do. It's an insult to people who have real disabilities.

Secondly, fuck Will Smith for standing up there acting indignant and talking about shining a fucking light in the world right after making one of the most blatant public assault displays probably ever. You don't get to sit there and act self righteous like you're some kind of shining light to the world after some shit like that. And shame on the oscars for not having him removed from the venue immediately. A regular person pulls some shit like that at an office party? They get fired.

If he would have stood up and used his words (ie, brain) to call out Rock then I don't think there would be a problem. Small minds resort to shit like that. And to make it even worse he didn't even approach Chris Rock like a man. He faked like he was up to some joke and bitch smacked him.

Lastly, everyone should recognize just how much of a fucking professional Chris Rock was in that moment. He kept the show going and the oscars should have to publicly apologize to him and they should be thanking him for his professional reaction. He got smacked in the face without warning and in less than a second he was laughing his ass off and making a joke about it being the best moment in television history while little willy went back to his seat to cry. And considering the fact Will Smith is about twice the size of Rock I think its funny he took that slap on the chin like it was nothing at all. Shit, I'd have probably fallen right over and I'm nowhere near as small as Rock.
    Last edited by burnmotherfucker!; 03-28-2022 at 02:49 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burnmotherfucker! View Post
    It's an insult to people who have real disabilities.
    You, uh... know alopecia is an autoimmune disease, right?

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    "Alopecia areata is considered to be an autoimmune disease, although with far less disability and severity than a condition like lupus erythematosus or autoimmune hepatitis."

And from the NAAF...

"Alopecia areata is not medically disabling; persons with alopecia areata are usually in excellent health. But emotionally, this disease can be challenging, especially for those with extensive hair loss."

And just to be clear, Jada herself did absolutely nothing wrong in this situation. It's Will Smith that lost his shit and committed a crime.
    Furthermore, I didn't find the joke funny, I mean GI Jane? That's all you got. But some people are defending Smith as if a baldness/alopecia joke warrants physical assault. It doesn't. A joke in poor taste is one thing, physical violence is another I think.

People are using Jada and making her a victim when its really Will that made this such a huge issue by acting like a child. I think her eye roll was appropriate.

And she seems to have a good attitude about her hair loss herself. In her own words...

“Now, at this point, I can only laugh,” Pinkett Smith said in an Instagram video at the time. “Y’all know I’ve been struggling with alopecia and just all of a sudden one day, look at this line right here. Look at that. So it just showed up like that and this is going to be a little bit more difficult for me to hide. So I thought I’d just share it so y’all are not asking any questions.”

She added: “But you know mama’s going to put some rhinestones in there. I’m going to make me a little crown. That’s what mama’s going to do.”

And also, if I am missing information about this particular condition then I will stand corrected. But from what I understand it doesn't affect physical health AT ALL. Just like when men go bald it has to do with hormones and their effect on the immune system causes the hair to not grow back after it falls out.

Also, GI Jane was badass, so theres that.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Yeah, but it's an autoimmune disease also known as "hair loss," and POSSIBLY, some weakening of the nails. It ain't lupus or psoriatic arthritis or fibromyalgia.

My mom has it, and it sucks.

But jesus fuck. Will's a professional, and ALSO, these kinds of jokes are often par for the course for Hollywood circle jerks like this.

What's worse is, Will's speech was basically "I hit Chris Rock, just like the character I played would have done" imho, if you read between the lines.

I love Will Smith. He's the DJ, I'm the Rapper, was the first album I ever had that was my own.

But yeah. That wasn't very cool.
    If he was that amped, screaming 'keep my wife's name out of your fucking mouth' would have been enough, although even THAT would have been kind of crazy.