Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread: Twin Peaks - Spoilers

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    With episode 12, I feel like I watched a few minutes of Twin Peaks, then it switched to a spin off show based on Twin Peaks, having nothing to do with any thread so far. New stories, no resolution. A couple revelations, and watching Bad Coop's henchmen in action. The scene with Gordon's new friend was saved by Albert's face and reactions. Miguel Ferrer is sorely missed.
    Last edited by mostlymad; 08-01-2017 at 12:27 PM.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I loved episode 11; but last night's was not as good, i still liked it though and i'm happy we finally got to see Audrey

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Although I've always loved David Lynch, I had never seen any of Twin Peaks (other than parts of a random episode here or there years ago). Since Wild At Heart and Blue Velvet are two of my favorite movies, I knew I've always needed to watch it. So when the new season came around, I HAD to watch it. So for the last 3 weeks I watched every episode including FWWM and have just now caught up to S03E12. I am so fucking obsessed right now. I love how Lynchian this new season is. I love Albert Rosenthal and was super stoked to find out he returned for the new season before Miguel Ferrer's passing. He's probably my favorite character.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    "11:05"

:-D OMG I can't remember the last time I laughed this hard by just watching TV, incredible scene, the timing, everything!

Maybe it would take some of the magic away, but I'd still love to watch some behind-the-scenes documentary. I bet they were having lotta good time and something to remember forever.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    People have been commenting that the Jacoby scene was to highlight that TP's story is not entirely linear, and that Audrey's scene was either a coma dream or her acting in a scene. I can get on board with these. Also the "Billy" she talks about might be the "Billy" at the end of the previous episode where the Diner suddenly changed after a guy runs in asking where Billy is.

Worth it to stare at Sherilyn Fenn being outraged for the best part of 10 minutes, Lynch trolling us with the French girl, and the redditor whose commentary consisted of "I'm sorry, did you have NARRATIVE EXPECTATIONS?!"

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I'm a bit tired of the hate for the new series; we're already in Episode 12, if people don't like it why they keep watching???

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I'm a bit tired of the hate for the new series; we're already in Episode 12, if people don't like it why they keep watching???
    I must be looking in different places man, cause the ratio i've seen review wise for the comeback has been like 80% glowing praise and the rest lukewarm.

I also have to say, the scene with Gordon and the french woman was ridiculously hilarious.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    I must be looking in different places man, cause the ratio i've seen review wise for the comeback has been like 80% glowing praise and the rest lukewarm.

I also have to say, the scene with Gordon and the french woman was ridiculously hilarious.
    it's mixed depending on the site, but Audrey's appearance in the last episode got some hate (at least on some facebook sites i check...), but it made me think why are they watching in the first place, Lynch already gave us a guy sweeping for 2 straight minutes, it's not like they don't know what to expect...

Oh, and i loved the scene with the french lady, lol

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Coop playing catch was the highlight of the episode for me .

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    it's mixed depending on the site, but Audrey's appearance in the last episode got some hate (at least on some facebook sites i check...), but it made me think why are they watching in the first place, Lynch already gave us a guy sweeping for 2 straight minutes, it's not like they don't know what to expect...

Oh, and i loved the scene with the french lady, lol
    I want animated gifts with captions of almost everything Audrey said. I spent a good hour last night watching that scene on repeat.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    I want animated gifts with captions of almost everything Audrey said. I spent a good hour last night watching that scene on repeat.
    I love the "You poor fucking thing" one sooooo much!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Anonymous French Girl is now my role model.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Dean Hurley has released an album, some of which has been featured in the show. It's also on Spotify
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/an...1/id1265280982

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I almost passed out from laughing when James played the Roadhouse

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    I'm in a few groups on Facebook. My mouth dropped open. They beat us to the punch long ago! All those memes predicting it, and no one really thought they'd do it!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I was laughing so hard that I almost fell off the couch. My wife, who hasn’t watched ANY Twin Peaks, thought I was having a mental break...

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    It is happening again

Really, I was in amused disbelief.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Word on the net is that Germany aired episode 14?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    ^^Yeah apparently so. I feel sorry for them...but I'm also keen to see if it's online.

So I guess we have confirmation that this isn't a linear storyline, with what Bobby said and the looping scene with Sarah Palmer (need to watch again and see if the TV match features Dougie's boss).

Also seems like Audrey is still in a coma or a mental institution :/ It feels like she's the "us" of the show.

James Hurley performance: David Lynch is the best troll ever. I wonder if that means NIN opened for James?

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    you think he'd have written a new song after 25 years.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I found that last scene featuring Big Ed to be so profoundly sad.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muad'nin View Post
    I found that last scene featuring Big Ed to be so profoundly sad.
    Look at his reflection in the window and it ends up being disturbing. Something is definitely not right with his reflection.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    The sped up music at the beginning of 13 is in fact a sped up percussion from The Bookhouse Boys theme.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Something is majorly wrong with Twin Peaks' time. It doesn't seem to be affecting any other place. And it's reinforced with showing everything out of order in Twin Peaks, while everything seems to be progressing in linear time everywhere else.

Also, I just spent all day at work trying to figure out where the hell I heard that musicbox Swan Lake. I got home and finally had a chance to google. It was the music box Mrs. Waterford gave to Offred's song. They two shows overlapped a little, so I think my own memories are glitching on me. It's been interesting.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Big Ed looks strikingly similar to David Bowie in Lazarus.
    Last edited by fillow; 08-08-2017 at 12:40 AM.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Wow, i seriously thought Big Ed was not going to appear...

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    The looping Sarah Palmer scene was brilliant and I think it might have been commentary on tv shows repeating the same tropes.
    Also, I think that Norma's talk about her pies being better than the pies at the other locations was a metaphor about half ass tv shows that still manage to be popular.
    Then I thought back to the two people watching the glass box.

It makes sense for this season to comment on television because the original show was kind of an inversion of a soap opera.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Time is looping all over in this episode. Ed's reflection is lagging with what he is actually doing in the scene and it appears as if Ed realizes it. Also, I noticed the RR logos are of different color at the beginning of every episode. Cool stuff here.