Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Vinyl Rerelease 2019 (With Teeth)

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Very interesting. I wonder what aforementioned details are.
    I hope one of them is Twilight Zone clips during "'All The Love In The World".

Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    I've listened to Year Zero so much in anticipation of getting it on vinyl I can almost understand those people buying a vinyl just to stare at it wrapped in plastic. Yeah nah still sounds weird. Anyway can't wait.
    I like to stare at my sealed records while browsing forums and thinking about ways in which I'm superior to others.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    when i know something is coming out (especially a new version of something i already own) i completely abstain from exposure to it until i'm holding it in my hands. i.e. my favorite doom/black metal musician Mizmor released his new album digitally two months ago, so i've had it this whole time. but i didn't get the vinyl until yesterday, so i didn't listen to it until today. it's the same reason i don't like leaks of albums. there's something about waiting that builds anticipation and makes it a much more rewarding experience once you finally get to hear it. at least that's how it works for me, and i love it!
    That would be the perfect way to act. You have exquisite self control.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    That would be the perfect way to act. You have exquisite self control.
    tell that to my sweet tooth

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Someone on facebook posted that this just randomly got delivered to them with no return address or anything? Are these the same pics that I missed on IG?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    EDIT : Sarah K beat me to it, obviously.

So apparently, someone on the Nine Inch Nails Facebook group as received a signed copy for free. She had ordered a bunch of shirts a few weeks back from the NIN store. The album came in a blank enveloppe with no return address.

Pics inside, including the reissue article :
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/2209586182/permalink/10157487969416183/ (I think you'll need to join the group for the link to work).

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    They'd be crazy not to make this available for the holidays. That announcement comin'

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    What the fuck!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    What the fuck???

God I really hope these drop for the holidays. I've wanted With Teeth on vinyl so god damn bad since these were first announced.

RE: discourse about Home's track placement, I always had it at the end because that's how the international CD versions placed it, though I suppose it probably makes more sense sequenced into the track list. It always registered as an "epilogue" so to speak when I listen to the whole album.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Someone on facebook posted that this just randomly got delivered to them with no return address or anything? Are these the same pics that I missed on IG?
    These are not the same pics that where on IG. The IG pics showed the "Definitive Edition" hype sticker like on the already release records. The text of the sticker was specific to/for WT. The IG pic of the record jack was a sealed vinyl, no sigs. Second and third pics showed the vinyl and the "back story" insert penned by Fricke. I feel like a jackass for not grabbing a screen capture. I didn't even think the post would/ could be taken down, it never even crossed my mind. This FB post is just additional evidence that it's coming for sure and how awesome for her to receive that!

Oooorrrrr we are on the verge of, dare I say, a new ARG!!! j/k.
    @arsenic did later find one of the pics cashed and posted it on this thread, see link below. That pick shows the Definitive Edition hype sticker.

https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...915#post472915

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    What if this vinyl was already stockpiled for like six months gathering dust while somebody simply forgot to fill in the description in the shop...

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Very exciting!!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    What if this vinyl was already stockpiled for like six months gathering dust while somebody simply forgot to fill in the description in the shop...

TR's Home Studio

The scene is quiet, room is darkened. TR and AR sit before the glow of multiple monitors, each with headphones. AR pauses, staring at his screen, cocks his head slightly, and slowly swivels chair in the direction of TR.

AR "Trent, did you ever add all that stuff to the webstore?"

TR "No, I thought you did."

AR "I don't think you ever gave me the password."

<long pause>

TR "FUCK"

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    "man the revenue stream from these releases really dropped off, like no one wants any of the new releases we put up a couple months ago."

*checks store front*

"Alright, who forgot to make the pages go live. Fuck."

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I have a suspicion these will drop on cyber monday.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I am officially sitting on every expendable dollar I have until we have more news on this. WELL PLAYED, REZNOR...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Hot take: this is actually just a marketing scheme to get people to buy random shit from nin.com in hopes they might get sent a free copy of a signed With_Teeth record.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Hot take: this is actually just a marketing scheme to get people to buy random shit from nin.com in hopes they might get sent a free copy of a signed With_Teeth record.
    Ha ha ha, good one.
    *buys 5,000 beanies*

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Villain View Post
    Damnit Trent. Three watchmen lps and now three nails lps. Hopefully these re issues come out after Feb when my wallet is free from Christmas and the new January lull.
    three nails LPs ? if only it was the three at once !

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    If it gets dropped in December it will make my husband's Christmas shopping VERY easy this year.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Villain View Post
    With teeth, year zero and the slip, no?
    I'd be real surprised if all three of those dropped at once. I'd have to have them all, of course.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenic View Post
    Trent, stop being so perfect.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    That post has a ton more info, too - the essay is dated February 2019, and it has a foldout insert with a lyric sheet based on the PDF poster. Doesn't just crop the sections of the poster containing the lyrics, either - it's an adaptation of the poster artwork, with the lyrics newly printed over each section. Home comes after Sunspots as on the original release.

I'm so fucking excited for this. These HAVE to drop in time for Christmas. I'd recommend re-setting email alerts for all of them, too, just in case.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I’m just gonna throw it out there, but if we’re talking about creative ways to get people to buy from the NIN.com store...

Trent, if you release any full-length HD footage from any of last year’s shows, I will literally buy one of every item in the shop.

YOUR MOVE. ;D

Edit: Quoting so people don’t miss it...

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Man, that's SO awesome of Trent and Atticus. Could you imagine waking up and checking the mail to find that shit? That's such a fun early Christmas present for those fans. Now i'm psyched too, that's gotta mean an announcement is around the corner. I seriously CANNOT WAIT.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Another one on Facebook.

Fuck.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    To be frank, we don’t even know that ordering something right now will even get anyone anything. They could have picked a handful of recipients at one point and capped it off before they sent them out. Edit: I was also wondering if the recipients just happened to have ordered something “recently,” but actually received damaged goods last time around, so maybe they picked a few from that list. It’s literally impossible for any of us to say one way or the other. My money is on “random selection of recent orders” though.

Interesting that the only ones to show up have all been With Teeth, though. And the one initially posted on Instagram that got removed wasn’t even autographed. *shrug*

Edit again: Looks like the one on just mentioned on Facebook came with a recent order of vinyl as well, placed about a week ago. I’ll be damned.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 11-16-2019 at 03:29 PM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I’m so happy the reissue has Home in the tracklist, wasn’t sure if that was confirmed or not. So cool of them to do this!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    Interesting that the only ones to show up have all been With Teeth, though. And the one initially posted on Instagram that got removed wasn’t even autographed. *shrug*
    Based on the caption the dude got it from a "well connected" friend...he may have outed someone.
    Last edited by cdm; 11-16-2019 at 05:38 PM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner View Post
    I’m so happy the reissue has Home in the tracklist, wasn’t sure if that was confirmed or not. So cool of them to do this!
    Home was on the original vinyl pressing in the same spot though, wasn’t it?

When you think about it, kinda funny how a song that wasn’t on the album proper has opened shows and been played live since 2005, but Sunspots only exists as a live rehearsal.
    Last edited by Erneuert; 11-16-2019 at 09:27 PM.