Page 24 of 55 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Gone Girl (2014)

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    http://www.amazon.com/Gone-Girl-Soun.../dp/B00NUPTUHG

Amazon has a listing. Just no options to actually purchase or order.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    the complete album is on spotify

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    http://www.amazon.com/Gone-Girl-Soun.../dp/B00NUPTUHG

Amazon has a listing. Just no options to actually purchase or order.
    That's for the digital, which will be available for purchase on the 30th.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    the complete album is on spotify
    It could be region locked, depending on where you are. It's on Spotify Ireland as well, though it threw me when trying to find it as it's just under "Trent Reznor" instead of "Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross".

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    It could be region locked, depending on where you are. It's on Spotify Ireland as well, though it threw me when trying to find it as it's just under "Trent Reznor" instead of "Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross".

Not showing up in US spotify yet.

Quote Originally Posted by DeepVoid
    For those who have read the book, how does it fit with it?

Very much so.

Quote Originally Posted by DeepVoid
    Also, Consummation (starting at around the 2:00 mark) needs to be the next live intro for NIN.
    TROOOOOOOFFFFFF!

EDIT: I will say, I am disappointed by At Risk? Not sure why there needed to be 4 mins of dead space in the song to get that EPIC fucking insane ending...Could've been 2 separate songs
    Last edited by Reznor2112; 09-26-2014 at 01:26 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Honestly that film tracks review was bizarre, the way he singled out the boat race scene as an example of how the score didn't entirely reflect the exertion of the rowers etc...erm, it's kind of a stylised video showcase scene in the middle of the film, and the whole film was mocking of the Winkelvosses hence the comedy Mountain King in electronic form music. It just didn't seem that difficult to understand, and the guy seemed to think all scores should be like Peter & the Wolf, people falling over to a slide whistle. Yet people obviously respect him??
    "Winkelvae"

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    "Winkelvae"
    that is my second-favorite line in the movie, when they're referred to in that way. although i believe (according to the rules of latin) the correct spelling would be "winkelvi"

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post

EDIT: I will say, I am disappointed by At Risk? Not sure why there needed to be 4 mins of dead space in the song to get that EPIC fucking insane ending...Could've been 2 separate songs
    It's weird that there's a hidden track on a soundtrack album. I wonder if that little bit at the end is used for a significant ending scene of the film or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    It's weird that there's a hidden track on a soundtrack album. I wonder if that little bit at the end is used for a significant ending scene of the film or something.
    I can't fully answer this without giving away too much of the ending of the book, but I will say this actually makes sense based on the structure of the story at the end + the track title eluding to things "ongoing" at that point. Think of that extra bit of music as an epilogue, of sorts.

The question mark business for At Risk is legitimate...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    So the premiere is at the New York Film Festival tonight and the GoneGirlMovie twitter is posting photos of the red carpet - does anyone think Trent and / or Atticus will turn up? (they didn't for either of the other ones I don't think)

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    So the premiere is at the New York Film Festival tonight and the GoneGirlMovie twitter is posting photos of the red carpet - does anyone think Trent and / or Atticus will turn up? (they didn't for either of the other ones I don't think)
    He and Mariqueen just had a kid right before both films premiered, so that might be why he didn't attend. Atticus also seems a little shy, so he might not have wanted to go without Trent being there. No new kids this time around, so I guess we'll see what happens.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    Edit, missed a few posts, lol. Nvm.

Empty Places sounds like something off Still.
    + Clue Two + Background Noise

There's an eerie sadness to them that suit Still/The Fragile era.
    Last edited by Miss.Selfdestruct; 09-26-2014 at 02:56 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    This is brilliant! I'm dying to hear this in my car. Can I get a pm?!?!

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I think I hear another Oscar for Trent and Atticus in here.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    that is my second-favorite line in the movie, when they're referred to in that way. although i believe (according to the rules of latin) the correct spelling would be "winkelvi"
    Did take a bit of a punt on the spelling to be honest! And your favourite line...?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Have now heard the album. What can I say...

Nothing on there that I disliked, which is a step up from the previous two scores.

Weird to hear a Reznor/Ross composition/album with hardly any 'beat'. From my recollection there wasn't anything resembling drums until Secrets (track 16), and scarcely anything thereafter. That's not to say the songs weren't engaging, as they certainly were, but there weren't enough 'woah' moments for me - nature of the beast maybe, tone of the film, we'll see in a few days. WorzelG made a point about Technically, Missing sounding like it was in the same sphere as TDTWWA (or words to that effect) - I see it, but also wonder what it'd have been like if drums had kicked in at some point...

Biggest disappointment for me after all the build up is the very sparing use of the live orchestra - heard at the end of A Reflection, Clue Two, and The Way He Looks At Me - but can't really remember prominent use of it apart from those instances. (1 listen mind, so I was taking so much in that I may have glossed over it somehow...).

Someone mentioned Consummate as a possible NIN live intro tape from now on - to me With Suspicion would be even better in that role, just builds brilliantly.

Heard this at 256 kb/s, awesome sound, bought some of the sampler tracks into their own I thought, where previously I thought they were slightly bland (especially Sugar Storm, there's so much else going on that I didn't initially spot)!

A couple of swarmatron-ny moments I thought in Like Home and Still Gone - welcome back my old friend!

Love the weird little noise that starts at 24 secs in Clue Two!!

Finally - gotta say I love Strange Activities - absolutely great little motif going on underneath all that noise! So unusual for this pair.

I look forward to many listens over the next few weeks/months/years, to hear all the bits I didn't get first time round!

Looking forward to seeing the film on the 7th and getting some context to all this stuff...
    Last edited by simonn; 09-26-2014 at 07:03 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Sorry, dble post
    Last edited by Omega; 09-26-2014 at 07:09 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Secrets is bad butt.

So many great songs on this, probably not the only one who thought of "Gone, Still" when reading "Still Gone", lol..total NIN nerd.
    Last edited by Omega; 09-26-2014 at 07:49 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Is there a song that sound like Boards of Canada? right around 30:00 in the NPR stream...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I had to look up Boards of Canada..but yeah, I can see some similarities.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    I had to look up Boards of Canada..but yeah, I can see some similarities.
    It's in that muted synth sound in particular. Looking at the track listing it, looks like the song is called Procedural. I love it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I like that song too, isn't it great? Basically, I like this whole dang album!

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I don't know if anyone mentioned it but I heard some Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works Vol. 2 as well in there.
    I also agree that we cannot really talk about an Oscar until we hear the score juxtaposed with the movie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Love it as of the 2nd listening. I think it fits the mood of the book perfectly, so I imagine that it should elevate the film as well. Beautiful and sinister by turns, I love it.
    Last edited by Amnesiac; 09-26-2014 at 09:42 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Listening to this now for the first time. Man, shit really picks up on disc 2.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Heard this 3x, gets better each time.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    So Trent is heavily involved with Apple music and iTunes still doesn't have so much as a pre-order up for this?

#anotherApplefail

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Nin.com removed the cd pre-order? I only see vinyl and digital now

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I hope that's a mistake. I'm old. I will be dragged kicking and screaming into digital only.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Amazon has the digital download now tagged as having a unique purchase identifier, same as Hesitation Marks and Welcome Oblivion. Looks like a Columbia release and not a Null release.