Page 88 of 113 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,640 of 3385

Thread: Trump 2020-21 - Epilogue

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    We are living in Hell..
    On soooooooo many levels. JUST CONCEDE!!!!!! Just say "hey, I lost." Just do it... please. You are actively fucking the whole world up here, and you know you're not going to get your way, and eventually you're going to clearly lose, so just do it, and lose like a big boy.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Republicans are only supporting this bullshit because it's their side that lost. If democrats had stormed the capitol building when they were counting Trump's electoral college votes back in January of 2017, they DEFINITELY would have claimed it was a threat to democracy.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Well, we learned something today. The 25th amendment is a joke concept that will never actually be invoked.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Yep.

today can be the first of many incidents between now and the 20th, so as long as Trump is in office (I'm not saying he won't cause trouble out of office either) . he needs to be REMOVED

everyone's doing a koombiyah thing now in the House. they need to spit fire about Trump.

edit: sigh.
    I'm watching it here and there. a R from NY was going on about how polls were blocked off in swing states and other things. and then had people applause after she was done.

it's like, they didn't even care that they were just attacked.

no hope.
    Last edited by versusreality; 01-06-2021 at 08:43 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Jesus Christ, Mo Brooks should be arrested and kept in prison for the rest of his life for being a danger to society.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Well, we learned something today. The 25th amendment is a joke concept that will never actually be invoked.
    They're kinda busy right now with this Electoral College thing tonight.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    lindsey graham saying some surprising stuff. hes turning on trump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    lindsey graham saying some surprising stuff. hes turning on trump
    Yeah, the fact that I've agreed with both Mitch McConnell and Lindsay Graham today (in addition to all of the insanity earlier) has made for a very strange day.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Republicans are only supporting this bullshit because it's their side that lost. If democrats had stormed the capitol building when they were counting Trump's electoral college votes back in January of 2017, they DEFINITELY would have claimed it was a threat to democracy.
    It's what both sides do for everything. It's wrong until it's your team. The partisanship in this country is a stranglehold on progress.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 01-06-2021 at 10:45 PM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Trump 2020-21 - “You lost. Go home, Donald.”

Yeah, the fact that I've agreed with both Mitch McConnell and Lindsay Graham today (in addition to all of the insanity earlier) has made for a very strange day.
    don’t worry, they’re still the same assholes.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I remember in 2016 when I thought "hey, this Lindsey Graham guy is the one person on the GOP side saying "he's horrible!" Him and Ted Cruz, and I don't know, Mitt Romney? Maybe? I don't remember anymore, everything has been ruined.

Guess how that turned out. Screw Lindsey Graham, McConnell, all these people....

If we have learned ONE THING over the past four excruciating years, it's that you should not trust that Lindsey Graham is being earnest and truthful EVER.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    it's what both sides do for everything. it's wrong until it's your team. The bipartisanship in this country is a stranglehold on progress.
    With all due respect, I think you meant partisanship. And while both sides have undeniably been guilty of this, I think it's pretty clear that the republican party is much more frequently guilty of it and to a greater degree. Otherwise, I agree with your overall sentiment.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Watching these republicans who, make no mistake are very much responsible for today's violence, all of a sudden change their minds about all this once the violence invaded their own workplace makes me a bit sick. Everyone on earth knew this was coming and they put their blinders on as long as they could and ignored it. I'm not about to champion them now for doing what needed to be done 4 years ago. Fuck all of them and their mommas.

It's the Empathy Gap. The first thing I thought about watching them jump overboard tonight just made me think of this bit. It was true then and it is even more true now.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I feel the need to clarify my earlier statement about agreeing with Mitch McConnell and Lindsay Graham's comments today. I do NOT like these guys (especially Mitch, who I loathe), I do not normally agree with them, and I'm certainly not singing their praises. It was just a weird feeling see and hear them speaking truthfully and admitting that even they couldn't deny the fact that this election is over and their party needs to accept the results and move on, otherwise it will (perhaps permanently and irreparably) damage our democracy.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    I feel the need to clarify my earlier statement about agreeing with Mitch McConnell and Lindsay Graham's comments today. I do NOT like these guys (especially Mitch, who I loathe), I do not normally agree with them, and I'm certainly not singing their praises. It was just a weird feeling see and hear them speaking truthfully and admitting that even they couldn't deny the fact that this election is over and their party needs to accept the results and move on, otherwise it will (perhaps permanently and irreparably) damage our democracy.
    Of course, that's how I read your first post also. It feels weird to me as well. The statements they made are, for once, factual and so I agree. I also found it strange to agree with Trump a few days ago when he wanted to increase stimulus from 600 to 2000. And while I agree with their statements whenever they are in line with facts I just also think it's important to remember why they are making those statements. Trump doesn't care if families hurting get more money he just thinks it's good optics for him. These senators don't all of a sudden care about democracy. They just had their workplace bombarded by terrorists and so they finally did the right thing.

It's like South Park. They're finally right. But it's for the wrong reason.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    With all due respect, I think you meant partisanship. And while both sides have undeniably been guilty of this, I think it's pretty clear that the republican party is much more frequently guilty of it and to a greater degree. Otherwise, I agree with your overall sentiment.
    Auto-correct. Point I was making is neither lets the other do anything they want and brick walls everything the other does, good or bad, no matter what the angle. Obama enacted his health plan, Trump got rid of it, Biden will reinstate it. 3 terms involving the same thing isn't progress.

Anyways, I'll see myself out.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 01-06-2021 at 10:44 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    It's what both sides do for everything. It's wrong until it's your team. The partisanship in this country is a stranglehold on progress.
    Oh yeah, totally agree. Definitely.

Remind me the last time Democrat supporters stormed the capital, though. I seem to have forgotten about that one.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Oh yeah, totally agree. Definitely.

Remind me the last time Democrat supporters stormed the capital, though. I seem to have forgotten about that one.
    What? Don't you remember when the Dems stormed the capital when Drump took office? Oh wait.....

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Hey, I agreed with RAND PAUL today and that almost gave me a heart attack.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Hey, I agreed with RAND PAUL today and that almost gave me a heart attack.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    every single republican politician who has not expressed outrage at this point, FUCK YOU.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Man I knew today had been rough when hearing Pence's speech before the Senate restarted somehow felt comforting!?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I took a break over new year to catch up on games and drawing and THIS is what i return to?! 2021 the bar was SO FUCKING LOW.

If there is any positive (?) i hope this is the catalyst for meaningful change...and fucking charge EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM, THROW THE GOOD DAMN BOOK AT THEM!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Madeleine Dean on CNN: "Am I concerned about our President? No, I'm concerned about our country."

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Plan unfolding to sack ‘treasonous’ Trump before Presidential term concludes

https://www.news.com.au/world/north-...5dc4b49786140c

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    So CNN is saying 4 are dead.

The Twitter feeds of these people who are on the side of this shit are calling it a “revolution” and there’s whataboutism re BLM and Antifa, and the people who rioted today hate government and give zero fucks about any sanctity of Congress or the building they broke into or vandalized or the weight of that, and they pretty much just want to take it all over and burn it down. They hate all politicians except Trump, because they don’t see him as a politician.

So people like Hawley and Cruz and all the others who are ass-kissing these militants and pandering to them are idiots.
    Last edited by allegro; 01-07-2021 at 02:43 PM. Reason: autocorrect = Harley vs. Hawley

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    ^ Not facepalming you or your post, facepalming the people you’re referring to.

GIVE THIS ENTIRE SPECIES A LOBOTOMY!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    We did it, ETS! It’s over! The formality that usually takes a few hours is finally behind us!

The 20th cannot get here fast enough. I am so sick of this shit.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Colbert's monologue was excellent:

Have a good night, ETS. Look out for each other.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    happy it's official for Biden.

if this 25th ammendment is not enacted by the end of today, the politicians will fail this nation.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    US Congress has formally validated Joe Biden's presidential election victory on a day that saw a time-honoured ceremony become a nightmare of unprecedented political terror.
    Key points:

• Mr Biden defeated Mr Trump by 306-232 electoral votes
    • Mr Trump said there would be an "orderly transition", acknowledging defeat for the first time
    • His response to the violence in Capitol Hill was criticised by members of his administration