Page 54 of 66 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 1973

Thread: Add Violence

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    i bought AV PC through nin.com (thought it may have come with the actual CD)
    although i am an owner of an AV 'digital download' i haven't listened to it yet...
    i guess I'm waiting for the actual physical CD to release to have a listen, in the CD player in the car (?)
    ...do you think this means i have a problem of adapting..?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    “Not Anymore” is probably my least favorite on the EP, but it’s really starting to grow on me. I mentioned it when I first listened that I absolutely love the way it abruptly ends and then we’re suddenly in “The Background World.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leprekon666 View Post
    But if we had more pictures it wouldn’t have come to that
    This is gross.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eichalvindore View Post
    i bought AV PC through nin.com (thought it may have come with the actual CD)
    although i am an owner of an AV 'digital download' i haven't listened to it yet...
    i guess I'm waiting for the actual physical CD to release to have a listen, in the CD player in the car (?)
    ...do you think this means i have a problem of adapting..?
    ehh ... high speed internet is terrible in a lot of ways. it's pretty mind-warping. whenever i snap back to a little nostalgia and hear a vinyl record or get away from the screen for awhile i'm reminded of this but it's rare now. if you want to hold on to the old days before you could download anything faster than you could even walk outside to your car, there are worse things.

whoever got paranoid at the instagram guy, that was hysterical. reminds me of old school online nin fanaticism. you realize almost no one cares about nin or nin fans enough to troll us right?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I get chills down my spine thinking that Trent Reznor won't 'The Lovers' from the perspective of David Bowie. Then following up that song with 'This isn't the Place', a note to David Bowie.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Add Violence

Quote Originally Posted by somewhatdamaged View Post
    I get chills down my spine thinking that Trent Reznor won't 'The Lovers' from the perspective of David Bowie. Then following up that song with 'This isn't the Place', a note to David Bowie.
    I sort of wondered myself if TITP was about him. Did Trent say anything about this in an interview? TITP is one of the more moving NIN tracks I'd heard in awhile.

I'm not a spiritual or religious person but there is an element of that in some of these songs, particularly "The Background World."
    Last edited by Pbgut; 09-25-2017 at 12:48 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Some guy on Reddit has gotten the CD.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comment...are_out_there/

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Bullshit i want to see the receipt and video of the transaction

(goddammit i typed that in all caps)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Gonna need a 360 degree, panoramic video of the packaging and then I'm gonna need a video of Trent addressing me personally stating it is real.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Gonna need a 360 degree, panoramic video of the packaging and then I'm gonna need a video of Trent addressing me personally stating it is real.
    Nah, someone needs to Periscope the entire buying process.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    damn it, im so jealous! i want this cd !!!!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm not quoting everything I read but to sum up...

a) I think I'm supposed to be "the other guy" who acted worse.
    b) Someone is pissed off for going over the Instagram guy and asking for proof.
    c) Some folks are really touchy over the subject - they didn't like neither the approach, justification for doing so, nor my thoughts on it.
    d) Leprekon666 was the guy who went there and asked for proof.

Lep and I already apologized. So I hope apologies do count. Or don't they?
    I found naturally okay that Lep went over his Instagram and asked for proof.
    If you have a Instagram and gonna show yourself off to the world, you need to have balls and take it.
    Otherwise delete your Instagram account and don't show anything to the world.
    Fans reactions are completely natural.

If I happen to post the third EP cover right now here, people... even the ones who are touchy... will be asking for proof.
    This is natural. And I, know, for a fact, that if I do this, I will have this consequence of people nagging over me from where I got it.
    (So that is why I don't post it.)

The conditions of these releases - swapped dates, distribution mistakes, no confirmation of what is out or not... this also worsens the picture.

And to finish... no, I don't have the next EP cover.
    But if I had... I would certainly post it.

"I take you where you want to go
    I give you all you need to know..."

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantum550 View Post
    If you have a Instagram and gonna show yourself off to the world, you need to have balls and take it.
    Have balls or take it?? Are you serious? (That’s rhetorical, by the way, I already know the answer.)

Thats not how it works. Ask politely? Maybe they’ll be kind enough to expand on something. Accuse them of fabricating something so goddamn stupid as having a cd you’ve convinced yourself you’re entitled to? Give them a medal if they didn’t tell you to fuck right off.
    Last edited by cdm; 09-25-2017 at 07:30 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    can you guys take it to the PM stage now...?
    as entertaining as this all is, hoping for the visuals of a physical orgy to ensue is going to leave myself (and possibly others) to some sort of unfruited frustration...
    in short it's taking away from the actual Add Violence (audio art thread) vs adding to the Add Violence (audio art thread)
    maybe start a
    separate 'Add Violence in communication skills thread'
    now that i would def visit for the add violence entertainment read of it all-popcorn anyone(?)

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    It's ETS: Let's close the thread ! Whatever that means because nobody ever close any threads anywhere. I of course agree with CDM, and will add that nobody on ETS believed that ridiculous fake story... When you are alone, ON ETS, believing something, it can be for 2 reasons : 1) You're a genius, because you figured it out, like me, when I was the only one saying "Capital G" 2) You're worst than an idiot.
    This post was paid by the comity for the Ninjaw

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantum550 View Post
    I'm not quoting everything I read but to sum up...

a) I think I'm supposed to be "the other guy" who acted worse.
    b) Someone is pissed off for going over the Instagram guy and asking for proof.
    c) Some folks are really touchy over the subject - they didn't like neither the approach, justification for doing so, nor my thoughts on it.
    d) Leprekon666 was the guy who went there and asked for proof.

If I happen to post the third EP cover right now here, people... even the ones who are touchy... will be asking for proof.
    This is natural. And I, know, for a fact, that if I do this, I will have this consequence of people nagging over me from where I got it.
    (So that is why I don't post it.)

The conditions of these releases - swapped dates, distribution mistakes, no confirmation of what is out or not... this also worsens the picture.

And to finish... no, I don't have the next EP cover.
    But if I had... I would certainly post it.

"I take you where you want to go
    I give you all you need to know..."
    Not saying you were worse then me but I just asked for proof and apparently there was someone else harassing the guy on instagram. So I guess they made it worst then my initial question. I’m not trying to be a dick or cause trouble. We both apologize and people are still not getting over it. Let’s just move on. The cd is slowly leaking in Canada on the West Coast & east coast

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    I've said what I wanted to say about this saga and acknowledge the calls to move on. The Instagram user Thatcdguy contacted me via PM and wanted me to relay a message because he's not able to post:

Just tell them I've read everything, it's 100% real and that they "owe me a great big apology" for their terrible lies.
    So there is your Closure. << another pun!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    http://www.sunriserecords.com/shop/m...e-ep-cd-vinyl/

Release date: September 15th 2017

I have yet to see it at the Sunrise location closest to my house.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr9inchnail View Post
    http://www.sunriserecords.com/shop/m...e-ep-cd-vinyl/

Release date: September 15th 2017

I have yet to see it at the Sunrise location closest to my house.
    ...and I just called the store and they tell me the release date in their systems is October 13th 2017. Mentioned to him that their website says September 15th 2017. He told me they just switch to a new system and blah blah blah.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I 'd like to thank Quantum 550 for replacing me/billy pulsipher as the new scourge of the ETS community

also I am stickin with my amazon pre-order where it says october 13 delivery date..

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Just tell them I've read everything, it's 100% real and that they "owe me a great big apology" for their terrible lies.
    Aahah.... that was quite funny. He used the lyrics and the song title.
    @Helpmeiaminhell... well, it's an honor. I will make you some coffee next time, to celebrate.
    I'm a pretty big mouth dude. I try to be like Reznor... LOL (doesn't always work).

Time to go to the NTAE sub-forum to see about a CD coming out or not...

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I want to know why the Amazon release date has slipped so substantially, especially now that there are CDs out in the wild. We'll probably never know why because it's a pretty minor thing in the grand scheme of things, but it's just odd.

I also wonder if there's any weird shit in the booklet.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Sorry if this has been posted already but I saw this on the NIN Wiki page:

Bleedthrough

The initial concept of the album was an exploration of “loss and possible discovery of self, along with alternate layers of reality and perception set inside a nightmare you can't seem to wake up from."

I know a lot of people have posted about this era referencing the WT/Bleedthrough concept, but I didn't know the 2017 mini-tour name and the ending refrain from Not Anymore dates back to that era. The Still-era artwork and sudden appearance of Dave Grohl on NTAE makes more sense now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    I want to know why the Amazon release date has slipped so substantially, especially now that there are CDs out in the wild. We'll probably never know why because it's a pretty minor thing in the grand scheme of things, but it's just odd.

I also wonder if there's any weird shit in the booklet.
    i just got an email saying the CD should arrive by 13th October rather than 17th.
    wonder if there will be some single or video accompanying its release?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Our sweet and mighty @teitan , please release the multitracks to this EP, which is somehow, despite having only five songs, one of your best albums, so we can all make some remixes or just luxuriate in the lovely stems.
    Last edited by Pbgut; 09-29-2017 at 05:36 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Walmart already has them out apparently...according to the note on Discogs.

Note: photos are not mine...they are from the Discogs user.

https://www.discogs.com/Nine-Inch-Na...lease/10920876

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    "The Compact Disc Version Of Add Violence..."
    Loving the snark on the sticker.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Still find it very odd Add Violence got a CD release and not Not The Actual Events.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Still find it very odd Add Violence got a CD release and not Not The Actual Events.
    I wonder if the third release will not come with a Vinyl version...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Perhaps it's a test NIN team is doing?
    Perhaps they are measuring if they can profit more with NTAE vinyl-only for the moment - or - Add Violence on Vinyl AND CD as well.
    Then do an aftermath and decide to go for a CD version for the rest of the remaining EPs.
    Just a thought.