Page 95 of 195 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 145 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,850 of 5833

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Alright, I caved and bought some hardware after binge buying all the new NIN records!

Managed to pick up an old Sony PS-T30 turntable off of Kijiji, bought it from the original owner.
    Bought a Ortofon 2M Blue cartridge for it (way cheaper than what's on this site!).
    Bought a Cambridge CP1 phono preamp.

And using my Kanto YU5 speakers that I've had for a couple years. Yeah, I went a bit overkill, but set everything up tonight, and I love the sound of it! Tested it out with some other vinyls I had kicking around while I wait for the new ones, think I'll be enjoying this for a long time!

Picked up a couple other vinyls today too.

Beatles - Abbey Road
    David Bowie - Heroes
    NIN - PHM (bicycle remaster)
    Bob Marley - Kaya

and to keep in the festive season

Easy-E - Merry MothaFuckin' XMAS
    Last edited by Callahan; 12-23-2016 at 09:24 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    early b-day present from my in-laws, played this morning while opening presents with my wife:

vince guaraldi trio - a charlie brown christmas
    transparent green
    i was expecting this to sound like hot garbage but it's actually a perfect pressing. very happy about that!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    I have this, too, and I don't care what anyone says: it's awesome.

That Peanuts movie was probably the most entertaining thing I've seen all year, too. Whoever had the idea to hook The Red Baron up with a French poodle deserves a Nobel prize for ingenuity..
    haven't seen the movie but it looked freakin' adorable.

x-mas gift from my wife, played just now:

jimmy eat world - integrity blues
    definitely their strongest album since futures (and i liked both invented & damage)
    justin meldal-johnson's production is fucking ace

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Recent Additions:

Huerco S. - Colonial Patterns (LE)
    John Williams - SW: A New Hope
    Julia Holter - Loud City Song, and Goddess Eyes
    Bjork - Biophillia Live
    Carla Dal Forno - You Know What Its Like
    The XX - On Hold
    Grouper - Paradise Valley
    LCD Soundsystem - This Is Happening
    Raime - Tooth
    Andy Stott - Too Many Voices (Blue)
    Jon Hopkins & King Creosote - Honest Words EP

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    haven't seen the movie but it looked freakin' adorable.

x-mas gift from my wife, played just now:

jimmy eat world - integrity blues
    definitely their strongest album since futures (and i liked both invented & damage)
    justin meldal-johnson's production is fucking ace
    I haven't stopped spinning this since it was released. Pass the Baby, the title track/final tracks are so fucking good. I saw them in Minneapolis on the 2nd and they put on a hell of a show.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raptors661 View Post
    I haven't stopped spinning this since it was released. Pass the Baby, the title track/final tracks are so fucking good. I saw them in Minneapolis on the 2nd and they put on a hell of a show.
    dude, that end section of "pass the baby" is UNBELIEVABLE. i love this album so much.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    dude, that end section of "pass the baby" is UNBELIEVABLE. i love this album so much.
    It was so incredible live! I'm glad I was front row center for that. It melted my face off!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    New additions:

My Chemical Romance - The Black Parade
    Deftones - Koi No Yokan
    Deafheaven - New Bermuda
    Zao - The Well-Intentiomed Virus
    Converge - All We Love We Leave Behind

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Christmas additions:

Led Zeppelin: The Complete BBC Sessions box set
    The Doors - The Doors
    Marvel's Luke Cage - soundtrack on yellow vinyl.
    Third Man Records Vault Package #30 - includes Kills/Dead Weather live show and 1st US Raconteurs live show from 2006.

I know that some people have had problems with Mondo pressings, but this pressing is fantastic. Dead quiet and sounds perfect on vinyl. It was made for this format.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Christmas additions:

Led Zeppelin: The Complete BBC Sessions box set
    The Doors - The Doors
    Marvel's Luke Cage - soundtrack on yellow vinyl.
    Third Man Records Vault Package #30 - includes Kills/Dead Weather live show and 1st US Raconteurs live show from 2006.

I know that some people have had problems with Mondo pressings, but this pressing is fantastic. Dead quiet and sounds perfect on vinyl. It was made for this format.
    Ordered this vinyl as well, and waiting for it to show up. Was really impressed with the soundtrack while watching the show, so I'm really looking forward to this one showing up!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    So... how do you usually buy your vinyl? Where I'm living now I'm close to three dedicated shops and two more if I wanted to put a bit of effort into it. If I'm looking for specific things, I tend to use Discogs to make purchases. 2016 was a good year for records for me... bought close to 100.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    x-mas gift from my dad

frank zappa - hot rats
    2016 180g pressing - sounds incredible, definitely superior to the original
    always been my favorite zappa album
    only weird thing is that i'm used to the CD, so hearing an abridged version of "the gumbo variations" is disconcerting

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    So... how do you usually buy your vinyl? Where I'm living now I'm close to three dedicated shops and two more if I wanted to put a bit of effort into it. If I'm looking for specific things, I tend to use Discogs to make purchases. 2016 was a good year for records for me... bought close to 100.
    Much the same for me. Many local options but also the occasional splurge for a good deal on Amazon or Discogs.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    played last night and tonight, respectively:

nada surf - the stars are indifferent to astronomy
    x-mas gift from my best friend. not sure how i never got into this band before, they're fucking great

windhand - grief's infernal flower
    x-mas gift from my mom
    you know when you have a certain notion about something and then you find out something that completely changes your perception of a given thing, but in a completely positive way? i had NO IDEA that the vocalist in this band was a woman until i got to the last track of the album and was looking at the sleeve, and now i love them even more. holy shit, her voice is unique.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Looks like the Spawn soundtrack is being reissued on vinyl (Twitter link). Lucky enough to have the 2x10" version but I'm wondering if there will be anything special about it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Picked up 4 records and some protective plastic sleeves today at the record store.

Powerslave by Iron Maiden

Whatever People Say I Am That's What I'm Not by The Arctic Monkeys

Live From Trona by Toro Y Moi on awesome limited edition pink vinyl

and Black Bastards by KMD with a cool popup book gatefold

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    shopping today

"Northland, My Land" by Morley Loon
    "Spirit Child" by Willie Thrash
    "The Rough Guide to Bollywood Disco" by various
    "Midwest Farmer's Daughter" by Margo Price
    "Blackstar" by David Bowie
    "Dookie" by Green Day
    "Remix Volume 2" by Massive Attack
    "Abraxas" by Santana

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    SO excited for this. also really hoping the music box (local REAL theater) gets the film because i would kill to see it on a big screen. (they are showing lost highway as a midnight movie the last weekend of january and i'm really pumped for that)

x-mas gift from my mom that i listened to today:

lycus - tempest
    green vinyl
    this band is incredible. so beautiful and heavy at the same time.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    "Remix Volume 2" by Massive Attack
    This is a bootleg, yes?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    This is a bootleg, yes?
    Very yes. Discogs link

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    After seeing all the stuff on nin.com go like it was a fire sale, and feeling confident TR will keep his own albums in stock at the very least, I ran out this week and found two stores which had the NBK and Lost Highway soundtracks, respectively.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Hey all, I've got a couple of turntables for sale right now and I wanted to see if anyone here would be interested. I've got a Stanton T.52 in good shape, but it will need a new stylus pretty soon. It's been a really great starter deck for me. Also, I've got Numark TTXUSB which comes with straight and S-shaped tonearms, the EZ Vinyl converter software and has been mounted with a brand new Numark cc-1. This thing is an absolute beast, but far and away one of my best purchases of last year (I bought two but am keeping one for myself.) If you have any questions, want pictures or want to make me an offer, shoot me a PM. These will be going up on Ebay sometime....soon .

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    All... I'm in desperate need of one vinyl in particular. I have been looking for the Interstellar Soundtrack record for quite some time. I remember when it was released and my local record store had it. But I had to hold off buying it as it was expensive and not in my budget. They had a bunch of copies and I thought I would be able to get it later. They sold out and I never was able to get another chance at it. Even ordered it through them, but they got the CD version instead! I'm just throwing it out there that if anyone has one in one of their record stores, I would throw money your way for the record! I've searched online to no avail and I don't do ebay or discogs.

Also, for those that have it. What's the difference between the US and Europe version? Europe is 180g while the US version is 140? Hell.. I might just try and snag both. Seriously, this score and movie changed my life. It's the best thing I've ever heard and I've never cried in a movie before. Not once, three times! and still do any time I watch it.

Ok, bye. Thanks for reading.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    All... I'm in desperate need of one vinyl in particular. I have been looking for the Interstellar Soundtrack record for quite some time. I remember when it was released and my local record store had it. But I had to hold off buying it as it was expensive and not in my budget. They had a bunch of copies and I thought I would be able to get it later. They sold out and I never was able to get another chance at it. Even ordered it through them, but they got the CD version instead! I'm just throwing it out there that if anyone has one in one of their record stores, I would throw money your way for the record! I've searched online to no avail and I don't do ebay or discogs.

Also, for those that have it. What's the difference between the US and Europe version? Europe is 180g while the US version is 140? Hell.. I might just try and snag both. Seriously, this score and movie changed my life. It's the best thing I've ever heard and I've never cried in a movie before. Not once, three times! and still do any time I watch it.

Ok, bye. Thanks for reading.
    https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/422362372?ev=bp_det

pretty good price from a very reputable seller for the US version.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/422362372?ev=bp_det

pretty good price from a very reputable seller for the US version.
    Yeah, I'm just not a fan of buying off these sites. But this looks like the best alternative to finding it in a record store. Thanks mate!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    Yeah, I'm just not a fan of buying off these sites. But this looks like the best alternative to finding it in a record store. Thanks mate!
    i have bought around 60 items on discogs, and have sold around 15 or 20. i have very rarely had issues, and they've always been resolved easily and quickly with no fuss. just make sure the seller has a good rating and you look at their shipping policies before you buy. good luck!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    sorry for the double post : /

b-day gift from my friend / just listened to

boris & ian astbury - BXI
    180g black vinyl
    my first real exposure to boris and i really enjoyed it. finally going to delve into that discography of theirs i downloaded in 2013 haha

b-day gift from my mom / now playing

alcest - kodama
    180g black vinyl
    this album continues the story of princess mononoke, but seeing as i don't speak french, i'm not actually sure what's being sung. either way, it's beautiful.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    aaaaand sorry for the triple post (it's been a big day for listening to records haha)

tori amos - little earthquakes
    180g remastered vinyl
    silent all these years hits me just as hard as it did 21 years ago when i was 9 and heard it for the first time and immediately started bawling

caspian - dust + disquiet
    2xLP on pilsner w/silver splatter
    this album is just SO FUCKING GOOD, and also really hard to take pictures of because it's so shiny

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    2016 on Vinyl

MJ Guider, Robert A A Lowe, Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith, Death Grips, Rezzett, Tim Hecker, David Bowie, Suzanne Ciani, GH, Alessandro Cortini, Radiohead, Iggy Pop, Low Jack, Glitterbust, Charles Bradley

Cosmic Machine - The Sequel, Michal Turtle, Carla Dal Forno, Clint Mansell & Kronos Quartet, Sky Girl, Sherwood At The Controls Vol. 2, Brad Fiedel, Michael Gordon & Mantra Percussion, Syrinx, Demdike Stare, Death Grips, Rainforest Spiritual Enslavement, Clint Mansell & Mogwai, Breadwoman, Roberto Musci

Andrew Bird, Equiknoxx Music, Jenny Hval, Nicolas Jaar, Julianna Barwick, Andy Stott, Hans Zimmer & Junkie XL, Jane Weaver, Agnes Obel, Tobacco, Day Of The Dead, Strategy, Floating Points, Crystal Castles, Lakker

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Got 6 awesome limited edition colored vinyls in the mail yesterday.

death grips - bottomless pit
    beach house - teen dream
    jimi Hendrix - axis bold as love
    freddie Gibbs and madlib - piņata
    Black angels - Passover
    miles davis quintet - relaxing with miles Davis

cant wait to listen