Page 54 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 1787

Thread: Trump 2019 - There are still children in detention separated from their parents

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Trump is at the LSU - Bama game today. Don't think he would get as warm a welcome on the west coast.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Trump retweeting a White House tweet saying the whole thing is a hoax. Please don't tell me he's also in charge of the White House account?! (I've never looked at it before, so I don't know)

There needs to be like a principal or something in that damn building to keep everyone in line.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    UGH, every fucking time Gym Jordan gets the mic, he YELLS like he’s Perry Mason on steroids, not questioning, just opining about conspiracy and shit.

And he’s never been a practicing attorney; he has a J.D. but never took the Bar exam.

“Sad day for the country” completely discounting that Bill Clinton was harassed for two years then impeached for lying about cheating on his wife, and was found not guilty.

Gym Jordan has been accused of hiding and lying about rampant sexual abuse while he was a wrestling coach at Ohio State. His day of reckoning is in his future.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Bolton is going to be the star witness in this whole shebang.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    best exchange so far:

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post
    Bolton is going to be the star witness in this whole shebang.
    I think he’s the whistle blower. Jk but wouldn’t it be hilarious if it was actually him? He’s not the liberal dem trump is hoping for.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    best exchange so far:

Came here to post this; glad you guys are on top of things. Such a ridiculous work week for me that I don't get to watch or even listen to a single second of this stuff live, so I'm living off the replays and highlights.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Came here to post this; glad you guys are on top of things. Such a ridiculous work week for me that I don't get to watch or even listen to a single second of this stuff live, so I'm living off the replays and highlights.
    more like lowlights...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Trump associate Roger Stone was found guilty on all seven counts that he was charged with. Sentencing in February

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Pardon coming before or after sentencing?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Trump associate Roger Stone was found guilty on all seven counts that he was charged with. Sentencing in February
    Oh my god fuck yes, yes yes yes yes yes. JUSTICE motherfucker! You smirking scumbag dogfucking liar asshole. GO TO FUCKING JAIL

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

lol

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Burn in hell Roger.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

I've given up on America. I cannot believe that anyone watches this kind of stuff and thinks "yes, this is unbiased and makes sense".

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Giuliani says he has "insurance" if Trump tries to throw him under the bus, lol: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...nsurance-loyal

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I was hatin' on Guiliani, but now I think I like him again after him saying that comment, hahahaha. C'mon boys, fists up!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    Giuliani says he has "insurance" if Trump tries to throw him under the bus, lol: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...nsurance-loyal
    These guys have more jokes than the Blue Collar Comedy Tour.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Villain View Post
    I find it weird that the dems are bending over backwards to protect the whistleblower but assange is a Russian bot and Snowden is a traitor. In also find it weird that the media all went from saying "quid pro quo" to extortion overnight in unison. Strange!!
    Quid Pro Quo is pretty synonymous with bribery or extortion, no?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I think I'm just going to bounce out of this thread, it's an echo chamber in here and I don't think anyone wants to hear what I have to say and I will just be attacked blah. As you were...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Yeah, that was definitely an attack on you. A horrendous one, in fact. You should report the post.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Seems like a normal, stable guy.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/15/polit...all/index.html

Holmes also confirmed Taylor's testimony about the President's thoughts on Ukraine, saying he had asked Sondland "if it was true that the President did not 'give a s--- about Ukraine."
    Holmes said Sondland had responded that Trump cares only about "big stuff." When Holmes said that the Ukraine war was big, Sondland responded, " 'Big stuff' that benefits the President, like the Biden investigation that Mr. Giuliani was pushing," Holmes said.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    It literally means "if this then that"

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Villain View Post
    I find it weird that the dems are bending over backwards to protect the whistleblower but assange is a Russian bot and Snowden is a traitor. In also find it weird that the media all went from saying "quid pro quo" to extortion overnight in unison. Strange!!
    Assange went rogue and totally out-of-control by not bothering to curate anything he released (thereby risking people’s lives). Also, he’s not American so we are not obliged to apply our whistleblower laws to him.

Our whistleblower law was revised because of Snowden; the current (Trump) whistleblower utilized proper official channels in accordance with the law; Snowden (and Winner) did not.

Congress is asserting the (Trump) whistleblower’s current rights to privacy during the INVESTIGATIVE phase in order to PREVENT any future whistleblower’s reluctance to utilize official, legal channels; Deep Throat’s and Daniels Ellsberg’s respective identities were protected only due to journalists’ First Amendment rights (freedom of the press); the risk of legal consequence was passed on to the journalists for not disclosing their sources (with little risk to the informant). Deep Throat’s identity was kept secret for over 30 years.

The whistleblower law was bolstered to avoid a Deep Throat, who anonymously leaked to Bernstein and Woodward vs. law enforcement channels.

The (Trump) whistleblower WILL eventually be questioned, likely behind closed doors.

“Quid pro quo” isn’t in the impeachment clause of the Constitution.

Article II, Section 4:

“The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.”

Bribery is clearly specified. “Quid pro quo” has been utilized by Trump supporters in Congress, likely because many voters don’t understand what it is (so the mystery muddies the waters).

Bribery is plain English (and statutory language). Quid pro quo is one of several ELEMENTS of bribery and extortion. (Note: Since this is NOT a criminal proceeding, statutory definitions are not necessary.)

Bribery

Corrupt solicitation, acceptance, or transfer of value in exchange for official action.

Overview

Bribery refers to the offering, giving, soliciting, or receiving of any item of value as a means of influencing the actions of an individual holding a public or legal duty. This type of action results in matters that should be handled objectively being handled in a manner best suiting the private interests of the decision maker. Bribery constitutes a crime and both the offeror and the recipient can be criminally charged.

Proof of bribery requires demonstrating a “quid pro quo” relationship in which the recipient directly alters behavior in exchange for the gift. Because the relationship does not occur directly enough, campaign donations from corporations or individuals to political candidates do not constitute bribery. Another element of proving bribery includes proving intent to influence the discharging of another’s official duties. Some statutes also require proof that both parties understand and agree to the arrangement. Attempts to bribe exist at common law and under the Model Penal Code, and often, the punishment for attempted bribery and completed bribery are identical. Solicitation of a bribe also constitutes a crime and is completed regardless of whether the solicitation results in the receipt of a valuable gift. Economists consider bribery to negatively impact economic growth because it encouraged rent seeking behavior. Rent seeking behavior refers to an individual’s or corporation’s attempt to illicitly influence the open market in order to provide that individual or corporation with a disproportionate amount of wealth. Such an environment results in a sub-optimal allocation of resources, which results in depressed economic growth.
    https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/bribery

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/201
    Last edited by allegro; 11-16-2019 at 03:00 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    This is good news re Trump’s CBP and ICE (though not strong enough):

COURT RULES SUSPICIONLESS SEARCHES OF TRAVELERS’ PHONES AND LAPTOPS UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

“This ruling significantly advances Fourth Amendment protections for the millions of international travelers who enter the United States every year,” said Esha Bhandari, staff attorney with the ACLU’s Speech, Privacy, and Technology Project. “By putting an end to the government’s ability to conduct suspicionless fishing expeditions, the court reaffirms that the border is not a lawless place and that we don’t lose our privacy rights when we travel.”

“This is a great day for travelers who now can cross the international border without fear that the government will, in the absence of any suspicion, ransack the extraordinarily sensitive information we all carry in our electronic devices," said Sophia Cope, EFF senior staff attorney.

The district court order puts an end to CBP and ICE’s asserted authority to search and seize travelers’ devices for purposes far afield from the enforcement of immigration and customs laws. Border officers must now demonstrate individualized suspicion of contraband before they can search a traveler’s device.

The number of electronic device searches at U.S. ports of entry has increased significantly. Last year, CBP conducted more than 33,000 searches, almost four times the number from just three years prior.
    More info re case is HERE.

NOTE that this new Order still does NOT require CBP or ICE to first obtain a WARRANT.

See THIiS.
    Last edited by allegro; 11-16-2019 at 11:52 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Oh my god fuck yes, yes yes yes yes yes. JUSTICE motherfucker! You smirking scumbag dogfucking liar asshole. GO TO FUCKING JAIL
    After having watched “Get Me Roger Stone” (thanks to the recommendation of @elevenism ), I wholeheartedly agree.

Anyone who HASN’T seen that documentary doesn’t truly understand the significance of Stone’s criminal conviction.

Last edited by allegro; 11-16-2019 at 03:03 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I want to be optimistic that something good will come out of this, like him being removed from office...

...like it will impact the election next year and he'll lose if he's still in office.

why am I finding it hard to be optimistic?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post

Because I think there's a genuine dysphoria here... nothing has felt real for a while now. Laws suddenly haven't mattered. We haven't had a real press conference in half a year. Our co-equal branches of government are nonsense. Everything feels like a reality TV show. Our basis for comparison is fucked.

You're in a cult that you didn't wanna join. Hopefully we get out.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 11-16-2019 at 03:21 PM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    Because you're paying attention.