Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Nine Inch Nails - 2017 Live Tour Discussion - SPOILERS

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    I agree 100%. And hell, a transperson in there would totally mesh with a lot of Nine Inch Nails' 1990s image. But my point was just that a lot of people would lose their shit. From the "fuck bitches" crowd, to sophists who work super hard to craft masterful theses on how songs like "Discipline" require a purely masculine outfit to perform, so that the gender inversion of masculine submission is properly portrayed.
    i volunteer as tribute!!! (seriously, though, i would really love to play guitar in NIN)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    I agree 100%. And hell, a transperson in there would totally mesh with a lot of Nine Inch Nails' 1990s image. But my point was just that a lot of people would lose their shit. From the "fuck bitches" crowd, to sophists who work super hard to craft masterful theses on how songs like "Discipline" require a purely masculine outfit to perform, so that the gender inversion of masculine submission is properly portrayed.
    I see your point I can imagine some fans being bothered by it but my response would be "get over it" agreed on a transperson would be fine as well again its "ability" is all that matters. I also think that NIN is an ever evolving organism and people should be ready for changes. On one hand people want things to stay the same but sometimes I think it's those same people who complain and say "it was nothing new".
    Trent knows what he is doing and I'm sure the process to become a member is a rigorous one, he always hires great musicians and it should not matter what gender or if the member is transgendered.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NINisamazing View Post
    I went to Panorama last year. I went on saturday.
    What is their VIP section like? Is it a separate little area right in front between the stage and the GA crowd? Because I'm just gonna get a one day and do that, if so.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    What is their VIP section like? Is it a separate little area right in front between the stage and the GA crowd? Because I'm just gonna get a one day and do that, if so.
    This is a map of it from last year, looks like the VIP was just a section to the right of the stage.
    http://panoramastaging-2016-wp-uploa...6map-venue.jpg

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    This is a map of it from last year, looks like the VIP was just a section to the right of the stage.
    http://panoramastaging-2016-wp-uploa...6map-venue.jpg
    Ah, but it's "Robin's side", where I always go to.
    And yes, until we hear any different, I still continue to call the right side "Robin's side".

Trent, please bring Robin on tour. I'll buy another copy of the EP.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Going to swing this instead of Coachella or Bonnaroo. Seeing Tribe and NIN on the same day is too good to be true, I love over 60% of this lineup. Plus, I've never been to NYC before, so this would be an amazing first time.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I'm thinking: buy VIP for the Sunday night, arrive there the Sunday before Monday week of the festival, spend the week urban exploring and stuffing my face with food, and have fun Sunday with NIN, A Tribe Called Quest, and Justice.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    if they want to add a girl, maybe they can do Vika on keys. I mean I don't know shit about her technical skills, but she certainly has the correct...flair.

with that whole 7' of separation thing, maybe you recognize her from the project she did with the dresden dolls drummer?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    I was going off of the Friends section of NIN.com. So judging by that alone, no Finck there.

100% speculation on my part.
    Robin is in the friends section of NIN.com, and Trent said in an interview that he'd never tour without Robin again. So I'd say it's pretty safe to assume he'll be part of the tour (if there is one).

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Must've missed that update to nin.com. For awhile, there was no sign of Finck.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I think he and JMJ were added later.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    More to come, I'm sure.

Isn't it sort of like previous times, when he would do some smaller shows or festivals in early summer and get ready for bigger tour(s) later in the year?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Safe to assume Atticus will be part of the live band?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So....Bonnaroo or Lollapalooza? Lolla starts 4 days after, gives them time to travel with maybe a show in between? 20+ hour road trip, just can't do it. Lolla would be about 8 and the Roo about 12 hours away, is it hard to get tix to these fest?, if I even want to go.
    Last edited by bryan_NIN65; 01-09-2017 at 08:01 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corona Radiata View Post
    (if there is one).
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Phimester View Post
    More to come, I'm sure.

Isn't it sort of like previous times, when he would do some smaller shows or festivals in early summer and get ready for bigger tour(s) later in the year?
    Until it's confirmed nothing is 100%, but safe to assume more dates. If it was the only NIN show of 2017 it would be billed that way for marketing purposes.

It's kind of bull shit, but many times when bands tour and headline festivals they'll announce the festival dates and have the tickets go up for sale. Some time later they'llannounce the regular venues. I'm sure it has something to do with the festival contracts signed to sell as many tickets as possible. Business, and all.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    since its a festival show...hopefully it will be streamed....
    I checked on YouTube and there is no pro-shot footage from Panorama from any previous years. While past is not necessarily always prologue, it's generally a pretty good indicator for festival streams.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Jesus christ, those ticket fees are extortionate.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Bet we have the new studio album by the time Panorama rolls around..

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    ill be there sunday. atcq opening for nin is a weird dream come true. the rest of that line up is a headscratcher tho.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I think they only streamed a few of them last year for Panorama. Like the headliners each night plus a handful of others. So even if they don't stream the entire thing, I think that there is a good chance that at least NIN's set will be streamed.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    6 months before the show and we already are worrying about if its going to be streamed or not..man a lot of us NIN fans are #hardcore....

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    On the Beats1 interview, when talking about Atticus being a part of the band now, he did specifically say it wasn't a slight to the other guys in the band and he mentioned "Alessandro, Robin and Ilan" being part of the family. So I would assume they'd be considered unless they declined or Trent wanted to go in a wildly different direction.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    I think they only streamed a few of them last year for Panorama. Like the headliners each night plus a handful of others. So even if they don't stream the entire thing, I think that there is a good chance that at least NIN's set will be streamed.
    Especially if Trent has a unique stage setup he wants to show off again. That was probably why he went to the festivals, to get that exposure from the streaming and to service the fanbase. During Wave Goodbye he was heavily into the idea of fans being able to connect with the live shows without even being there, so it seems like a no brainer he would want to keep that going.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 01-09-2017 at 10:55 PM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Is it really that safe to assume that more dates will be announced for 2017, though? Because I thought Trent said in that Beats1 interview that he was *not* going to tour in 2017. Could be that this really is the only date they play this year, no?

I've been going back and forth on this all day. I would love to go to this, as I've never been to NY, and closing out a weekend of playing tourist with NIN would be a fantastic summer vacation in my book, but I don't want to spring for the tickets for this come Friday if I'm just gonna be hit with "US fall tour!" in another month or so. I'd be able to go to three or four shows closer to me in that case for the same amount as tickets to the fest, airfare, etc to NY.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Reznor, Ross, Maandig, Navarro, Grohl. I would watch the shit out of that lineup and it could work really well, even if just for a one-off show playing the whole EP and a selection of older tracks.
    Last edited by botley; 01-09-2017 at 11:21 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Normally I'd be dropping everything and planning my vacation over the announcement of a NIN show, festival or not. But, I just can't get behind this lineup. Everyone thought TOOL looked out of place at Governor's Ball? NIN on this bill looks just as out of place. I have to pass and hope for another date to pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    I'd assume if NIN were to do a festival in Montreal, it would be HeavyMtl and not Osheaga.
    Heavy MTL has actually been temporarily suspended this year and will return in 2018. The Amnesia Rockfest however which is also in Quebec, is in full swing this year on June 23-24, which up until today's announcement I would have said NIN are 100% out, but now that this festival has been announced, the chances of them showing up at Amnesia has just tripled.

If not Amnesia, then I can see them going to Osheaga or the Festival D'ete de Quebec in Quebecy City (July 6-16).

I would be terribly surprised if they're not on one of these 3 festivals this year.
    I'm hoping it's Amnesia for the sake of only having to travel out east once this year. I'm taking my girlfriend to Amnesia this year for her birthday. We already have the hotel booked.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia View Post
    Because I thought Trent said in that Beats1 interview that he was *not* going to tour in 2017.
    He said "Not in the immediate future... we are discussing it."

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Normally I'd be dropping everything and planning my vacation over the announcement of a NIN show, festival or not. But, I just can't get behind this lineup. Everyone thought TOOL looked out of place at Governor's Ball? NIN on this bill looks just as out of place. I have to pass and hope for another date to pop up.

Heavy MTL has actually been temporarily suspended this year and will return in 2018. The Amnesia Rockfest however which is also in Quebec, is in full swing this year on June 23-24, which up until today's announcement I would have said NIN are 100% out, but now that this festival has been announced, the chances of them showing up at Amnesia has just tripled.

If not Amnesia, then I can see them going to Osheaga or the Festival D'ete de Quebec in Quebecy City (July 6-16).

I would be terribly surprised if they're not on one of these 3 festivals this year.
    I'm hoping it's Amnesia for the sake of only having to travel out east once this year. I'm taking my girlfriend to Amnesia this year for her birthday. We already have the hotel booked.
    I can confirm with certainty that NIN is not doing the Amnesia Rockest. As for Osheaga, I do have a few contacts at Evenko from my heydays as a band manager but they are very secretive when it comes to Osheaga. I don't think I could squeeze that info our of them.
    In any case, forget about the Rockest. Ain't happening.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Anyone know if this is the final line up for Panorama or if more bands will be added over time? I'm fine paying the $125 for NIN alone (Tribe is a nice perk), but it would be cool if they threw in a few other acts I'm interested in.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_NIN65 View Post
    So....Bonnaroo or Lollapalooza? Lolla starts 4 days after, gives them time to travel with maybe a show in between? 20+ hour road trip, just can't do it. Lolla would be about 8 and the Roo about 12 hours away, is it hard to get tix to these fest?, if I even want to go.
    If the wording In the CoS article is correct, Panorama will be their live return. So, that would rule out Bonnaroo, as it's in June. Last year's Roo was a total failure ticket sales wise. Would love to see them there again seeing as how I live in Nashville. Roo lineup drops tomorrow. I'd think either Lolla or Osheaga would be a lock though given their dates. Lolla tix went fast last year...

Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeDrug View Post
    ill be there sunday. atcq opening for nin is a weird dream come true. the rest of that line up is a headscratcher tho.
    How do you know they won't be opposing each other? Is there only one stage? Not trying to piss on your parade, just curious.
    Last edited by Kid A; 01-10-2017 at 09:28 AM.