Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad. (SPOILERS)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Everyone's seen this I'm sure, but still...

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    My room mate started watching the show for the first time this morning. We're about halfway through season 2 now. WE'VE GOT ROT!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    SOMEBODY has to die to ricin in this fucking show it cant just be hanging around like a 3 year old cheeseburger for everybody to just look at and be afraid of.
    It can't be used in a dramatic moment though, like Walt said, it's not instant death, it kills after a day or two, so Walt going back for the ricin doesn't match up with the machine gun. He's planning on killing people now and someone else later?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by accelestar View Post
    It can't be used in a dramatic moment though, like Walt said, it's not instant death, it kills after a day or two, so Walt going back for the ricin doesn't match up with the machine gun. He's planning on killing people now and someone else later?
    He knows that if he's going into a shoot out, he's either going to die in it, or go right into jail after. The popular theory is that he's going to take the ricin himself, so if he's captured, he won't suffer for long.

vvv that's what I meant, like he takes it in the car or something before going into where ever he's about to unleash his M60, knowing it's a suicide mission. Kind of like Jesse snorting meth in the car before a few confrontations he's in, except way more depressing, more like "well, I've taken the ricin, I'm committed to this now".
    Last edited by ibanez33; 09-12-2013 at 11:42 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Or, he takes the ricin sometime before the shootout. The ricin has got to be a factor in it all.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Everyone's seen this I'm sure, but still...

BOOO BITCH!
    (brian cranston throws a full pizza)
    lol that had me laughing for a while

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Let's be honest. This is the only real way this thing can end...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Har har har. It's a loop of the shootout for 45 minutes.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this idea yet, but looking past the obvious danger Hank, Gomie and Jessie are in, I think also that Todd might end up hurt or dead. That'd be even further incentive for the neo nazis to forcibly retain another cook.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Nice. (Not my DM.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^ Yeah, bitch!

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    SOMEBODY has to die to ricin in this fucking show it cant just be hanging around like a 3 year old cheeseburger for everybody to just look at and be afraid of.
    Chekhov's ricin.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    So, body count predictions for tonight? I'm thinking Gomie and all of Jacks guys except for Todd go down, as well as maybe Jesse OR Hank (I doubt they'd kill both), for 5-6 total deaths. If Jesse dies I'll probably vomit and cry myself to death.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Breaking Bad. (SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Destroyer View Post
    If Hank or Jesse dies in in this shootout it would explain why Walt gets an assault rifle in the flash forward sequences: he wants revenge on the neo-Nazi gang. He needs heavy duty weapons if he wants to kill Uncle Jack since they are armed to the teeth with automatic weapons. Killing Uncle Jack would redeem Walt.
    Called it.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Fincher. Haneke. Aronofsky. Pussies.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I don't know if this show has ever left me feeling relieved at the end of an episode before, but strangely, I do after that one.

I shouldn't, but he gave Holly back, and he gave Skylar a plausible story to keep her out of prison. Marie has the evidence against Walt, if she turns it over, she'll go into protective custody, and be fine. The white supremacists will have no reason to go after Skylar, Walt Jr or Holly if they have no way of using them to threaten Walt, and if he's gone, they shouldn't be able to.

Obviously, that's not what's going to happen, but I actually do feel like they're safe. At least for the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Breaking Bad. (SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    I don't know if this show has ever left me feeling relieved at the end of an episode before, but strangely, I do after that one.

I shouldn't, but he gave Holly back, and he gave Skylar a plausible story to keep her out of prison. Marie has the evidence against Walt, if she turns it over, she'll go into protective custody, and be fine. The white supremacists will have no reason to go after Skylar, Walt Jr or Holly if they have no way of using them to threaten Walt, and if he's gone, they shouldn't be able to.

Obviously, that's not what's going to happen, but I actually do feel like they're safe. At least for the moment.
    No one is safe.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I just watched a family self-destruct and burn to ash. I cried like a baby.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Breaking Bad has broken my soul.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    Agreed - this was excruciating.

When Walt was yelling at Skyler on the phone, my thought was that the transformation was complete. He's Scarface.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redshoewearer View Post
    Agreed - this was excruciating.

When Walt was yelling at Skyler on the phone, my thought was that the transformation was complete. He's Scarface.
    But he wasn't. He was making her story believable. That he's an abusive husband who forced her to cover up his life of crime, and that she's 100% victim in this.

He is abusive, but she's not innocent in this either. He gave her a chance. The vitrol that he screamed at her, was probably the best thing he could have done for her in that situation. She won't be charged as an accomplice now. At least not successfully.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Great episode. Definitely one of Breaking Bad's best (hell, if not the best). It's like we're watching TV history in the making right here. It seems like so many shows just haphazardly clutter their way to their finales because they usually only decide to end after they've run out of steam. I love that Breaking Bad was the one show that knew to quit while it was ahead. Of course, the last two episodes could be total shit (and it's gonna be hard to top this one), but so far Vince Gilligan has not let me down.

And I'm assuming that we will jump ahead to the future for the last two? Seems like an ideal cutoff at this point. Obviously Walt is gonna come back for his money and I suppose revenge for Hank. I loved Walt's reaction shot when Hank died, really solid direction/sound editing. And jesus, it's almost like they gave Walt just a sliver of redemption when he offered up all his money for him. But then they totally killed it with the Jane line afterwards. There is no way Jesse will ever forgive Walt after this. I'm really curious what will happen with his character...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    This might very well be the best episode of the series. It was difficult to sit straight and watch some of this stuff though. Kinda happy and surprised Walt mentioned Jane. That's the ultimate "fuck you" that Walt can say to Jesse. I'd be a little angry as well if I were ratted on. Plus, he's the one who led Hank out there. And I don't know about you guys, but I kinda wanted to smack Walt Jr. Of course, he did the right thing. But, something about how he went about it was just kinda "bitchy".

So, how burns the house down and paints "Heisenberg" on the wall? Marie? Hopefully they answer that. But, i'm going to just assume that Walt is going to be a one man army. The next encounter with with Jesse should be very interesting. And i'm a little letdown on how anticlimatic gomie's death was. I was satisfied on how Hank went out. Kinda sad to see him go, but he went out strong.

This is going to be yet another long week... I might have to download the season. There's no way i'm going to wait to rewatch these episodes.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I did not expect Hank to die.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I originally was saying that it was over for Hank. But, as we got closer to the episode, my mind changed to "no way they're going to kill Hank yet".

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Kinda happy and surprised Walt mentioned Jane. That's the ultimate "fuck you" that Walt can say to Jesse. I'd be a little angry as well if I were ratted on. Plus, he's the one who led Hank out there.
    I've heard a lot of people complaining about that, but in Walt's twisted world Jesse is the one responsible for Hank's death, so it makes sense.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Haven't gone through all of your comments yet, but has anybody else picked up on the fact that Jesse told Jacks gang that Hank has Walts confessional tape, and that it's at Hanks house?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Maybe they didn't care or believe it. They did, on the other hand, beat the shit out of him.