Page 19 of 47 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Witch LP, out June 22 (thread pt 3) SPOILERS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyJ View Post
    Been dodging all the spoilers waiting for the 22nd...did anyone’s preorder get delayed? I haven’t received any shipping confirmations and contacted the store and got a reply from Live Nation about them running into a ‘slight production delay.’ Has anyone else gotten the same thing?
    US or UK store? I tried to contact them today as I hadn't received anything including a link to D/L GBDTD. They haven't directly replied to me but my order status was updated to 'partly shipped' (a t-shirt only) and wholly shipped on another email so who knows. Adding to the mystery is the fact the Deluxe package is listed as 'sold out' on the UK NIN store. Perhaps we need another thread to monitor this fulfilment process.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zazzaro703 View Post
    Not sure how to take this statement seeing how 2018 Star Wars is the smoldering ruins of a tire fire.
    Only if you’re a neckbeard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by afors View Post
    US or UK store? I tried to contact them today as I hadn't received anything including a link to D/L GBDTD. They haven't directly replied to me but my order status was updated to 'partly shipped' (a t-shirt only) and wholly shipped on another email so who knows. Adding to the mystery is the fact the Deluxe package is listed as 'sold out' on the UK NIN store. Perhaps we need another thread to monitor this fulfilment process.
    US store for me! I ordered the deluxe bundle and have seen some other people who ordered the same haven’t gotten their shipping confirmations, so I’m starting to think it’s probably a delay with something specific to that package.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninsp View Post
    Only if you’re a neckbeard.
    Non-neckbeard opinion: The moment Disney acquired the rights Star Wars it's fate was sealed. All of the magic that made it great has now be subverted into marketing department-driven, artless, theme park entertainment, which is thematically indistinguishable from the rest of Disney's PG-13 IP once you get past the different costumes.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HurtinMinorKey View Post
    Non-neckbeard opinion: The moment Disney acquired the rights Star Wars it's fate was sealed. All of the magic that made it great has now be subverted into marketing department-driven, artless, theme park entertainment, which is thematically indistinguishable from the rest of Disney's PG-13 IP once you get past the different costumes.
    As if the prequels weren’t made solely to sell toys. Characters that exist solely to sell toys to kids.

but yes, Disney ruined SW.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    US store for me! I ordered the deluxe bundle and have seen some other people who ordered the same haven’t gotten their shipping confirmations, so I’m starting to think it’s probably a delay with something specific to that package.
    I'm on UK store but I think you are correct.

OUTSTANDING ITEMS NOT YET SHIPPED
    --------------------------------------------
    Product: NIN200
    Artist: Nine Inch Nails
    Item: BAD WITCH DELUXE BUNDLE

I was late in doing preorder (17th May) though so maybe they have just run low on certain items. Like I said, this bundle is now listed as 'sold out' on UK store. No indication of delay or how long it will likely take. A bit frustrating if the vinyl delivery is held up because of a delay in other items though.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    You have to like it because diversity, yo!

Bad Witch gets better at every new listen. I'd suck the guys entire cocks for this gift to mankind.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Because if one thing is certain, George Lucas would never dream of commercializing his "art". (Insert eye roll emoji)

Anyways, why are we talking about Star Wars? Because this album definitely is not the ROTJ of the trilogy. More like we got 3 straight ESB's.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    @HurtinMinorKey Let’s leave SW out entirely. The Marvel Universe alone is proof that you’re wrong. Just be honest and say your diaper is soggy because girls and diversity.

On topic, I was able to hear a couple songs and oooooeeeee “Shit Mirror” rules! I had already heard AOO at the Physical World presale. Can’t wait for Friday!
    Last edited by Swykk; 06-19-2018 at 12:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    No idea whats going on with the shipping of the album. I received a UPS notification on thursday 6/14, then another notification yesterday. Both notifications say it was supposed to arrive by EOD yesterday, but when I check tracking, it still says that only the label has been created.

At this rate, i wont have it by friday.
    I'm in the same boat. Expected delivery is today but the tracking just says "label created".
    Maybe @teitan should send out those DL codes now just to be safe.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Is Coming View Post
    Because if one thing is certain, George Lucas would never dream of commercializing his "art". (Insert eye roll emoji)

Anyways, why are we talking about Star Wars? Because this album definitely is not the ROTJ of the trilogy. More like we got 3 straight ESB's.
    Because any time anyone mentions Star Wars innocently on the internet neckbeards froth at the mouth about nostalgia and Mary Sue and capitalism or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by afors View Post
    I'm on UK store but I think you are correct.

OUTSTANDING ITEMS NOT YET SHIPPED
    --------------------------------------------
    Product: NIN200
    Artist: Nine Inch Nails
    Item: BAD WITCH DELUXE BUNDLE

I was late in doing preorder (17th May) though so maybe they have just run low on certain items. Like I said, this bundle is now listed as 'sold out' on UK store. No indication of delay or how long it will likely take. A bit frustrating if the vinyl delivery is held up because of a delay in other items though.
    I saw some posts about the UK store showing it being sold out, I find that interesting. I’m kinda miffed they didn’t pre-notify people about the delay if there is one, especially if it’s limited to the $200 package (my cost after shipping and tax and what not.) kinda bummed it won’t be here on release day since I was really hoping to get my first listen on vinyl, but oh well. Live Nation gave me no details really and actually skipped the question I emailed them (if it would ship to arrive on release date or ship after, specifically) with what I assume was a generic response; basically that they’ll ship the items when they receive them in the warehouse.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I saw some posts about the UK store showing it being sold out, I find that interesting. I’m kinda miffed they didn’t pre-notify people about the delay if there is one, especially if it’s limited to the $200 package (my cost after shipping and tax and what not.) kinda bummed it won’t be here on release day since I was really hoping to get my first listen on vinyl, but oh well. Live Nation gave me no details really and actually skipped the question I emailed them (if it would ship to arrive on release date or ship after, specifically) with what I assume was a generic response; basically that they’ll ship the items when they receive them in the warehouse.
    I guess only time will tell, but yeah commuication should be their #1 priority. Don't care about Friday as I'm in London for Meltdown, but next week would be nice to get the vinyl at least and not some future unspecified delayed date. Having panic fashbacks to previous fulfilment companies, but hopefully just paranoia and it all sorts itself out.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The sax solo in Play The Goddamn Part is one of the best moments in NIN history

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    CONTROVERSIAL OPINION #1:

meh

CONTROVERSIAL OPINION #2:

it's an EP

~~~

Anyone had time for fun creating a full length tracklist with the 3 EPs?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post

it's an EP
    Why is it so important to you to say so?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I plan on doing so once I heard BW in its entirety. TBW has to be the last song.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    My preoder says it will be here tomorrow but that it hasn't actually shipped yet. I'll get it eventually....hopefully....maybe?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    CONTROVERSIAL OPINION #1:

meh

CONTROVERSIAL OPINION #2:

it's an EP

~~~

I came up with one that I've been enjoying:

Branches/Bones
    Dear World,
    She's Gone Away
    The Idea of You
    Burning Bright (Field on Fire)
    Less Than
    The Lovers
    This Isn't the Place
    Not Anymore
    The Background World
    Shit Mirror
    Ahead of Ourselves
    Play the Goddamned Part
    God Break Down the Door
    I'm Not from This World
    Over and Out

Try it out and tell me what you think.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    I came up with one that I've been enjoying:

Branches/Bones
    Dear World,
    She's Gone Away
    The Idea of You
    Burning Bright (Field on Fire)
    Less Than
    The Lovers
    This Isn't the Place
    Not Anymore
    The Background World
    Shit Mirror
    Ahead of Ourselves
    Play the Goddamned Part
    God Break Down the Door
    I'm Not from This World
    Over and Out

Try it out and tell me what you think.
    Wow. That is so innovative. I can't wait to listen to it like this after work!!!!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I have mixed feelings about the album. Not sure what it is. I will have to listen to it more.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Bad Witch LP, out June 22 (thread pt 3) - Album has leaked, SPOILERS

I'm thinking that the best "basically preserve the EPs" combo tracklist would be to start with AV in order, and then move onto "noise rock world" with NTAE and then Bad Witch, with the crazy ending of "The Background World" serving as the main transition into noiseland. Putting AV in the middle is weird to me basically due to "Less Than" coming after "Burning Bright." Also "Over and Out" has to be the last song, I believe. Just playing it in my head though, I gotta test it out.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    But heres the thing...I tried what you just said and it did the same thing to me. Chances are it stays on that screen because the album is NOT available to download yet....just the single that was emailed to us when we preordered. I got the same screen that just spun and spun and spun.
    I got a response from support and confirmed that this is the case. either way, its all over the place, so no huge deal. just wanted my official downloaded tracks.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Bit annoyed as I got the cd for my sister as a gift as well as for me, hers has shipped from Amazon and not mine. But they both have arrival date of 22 June. I'm in Amazon prime usually they arrive next day after shipping

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Went ahead and ordered the whole trilogy from nin.com. It'd worth a note that I'm using the UK store, and Bad Witch is not sold out.

Was also kind of hoping I'd get a download of the whole album, but meh. I will in a few days.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    You've gotta have Bad Witch in full immediately following The Background World. That makes the outro not feel like an outro, but a mutation.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    and Bad Witch is not sold out.
    It's the deluxe bundle that is sold out on UK store.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Ah. Yes, that it is. Sorry about the confusion. I read it like people were talking about the album in all configurations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Soundtrack to a horrid era

I didn't mind getting the leak as I've paid for the package and why wait til Friday whilst everyone else goes nuts? I love this E.P - first impressions and repeat listens, particularly enjoying the way Trent and Atticus have pushed the distortion of bass and rhythm whilst weaving in so many other crisp and nuanced sounds. It's all horribly bleak, or at least a new expression of the feeling as expressed by the dark lord and reigning master of making incredible yet bleak music. It seems hard to not find this music being a soundtrack to this godawful state of affairs going on in the world, I wouldn't take 'Over and Out' to be another Wave Goodbye moment, as has been speculated.
    I'd guess if there's future NIN, we may not necessarily be correct in thinking 'this is the new sound' I think that the consistencies within Trent's and Atticus's delivery style are always a recognisable dna that glues the sonics together, melodies and brutality, but they seldom seem happy to deliver us the same thing twice.
    Has anyone worked out what's said in the whisper moment of Shit Mirror? I find it fairly hard to objectively rate NIN releases, especially rating one against another. There's a very slim number of previous songs that don't stand out so much, I generally always love the newness of any particular album/ep because, on the whole, there's always that feeling that an interesting and unexpected direction has been chosen, so Bad Witch doesn't deviate from the pattern of actually just being surprising.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So, does Pete Murphy sing on Over and out, or not? Or was that a joke?