Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Assassin's Creed - Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I've yet to find any real gripes yet (sequence 6). Its different. A little buggy, but it's nothing that really affects my opinion of the game. And I could care less of what outfits they wear. I'm happy either way. Only gripe is (,again) the lack of Desmond. When will we have a game when we can actually play as him? So far his parts are pretty much just filler parts between sequences.
    Last edited by Piko; 11-02-2012 at 01:29 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    A lot of it is the fault of the advertising, which only shows off your time as adult connor. So you spend the tine leading up to tgat under the assumption your still at a prologue to the "real game. If it werent for that expectation i probably would have taken more time with kenway and young connor. Still im glad a game had the balls to slow roll like that.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I have te to beat the game, or come even close, but hasn't it been said time and time again that this is the last game involving Desmond? If so, it's kind of a bummer that there's not more Desmond in this. I was looking forward to that, too.

I guess they haven't come up with a way to show us that assassins stand up to modern weapons, technology, and building design yet?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Where did anyone say this is Desmond's final game? I don't think it is. I've yet to finish the game though.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Theyve been saying it all over the place.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    http://www.vg247.com/2012/10/22/assa...story-ubisoft/

http://www.game-debate.com/news/?new... Desmonds Last

It's kind of a bummer, but I guess I can see where they're coming from with wanting to end it. :/ At least this way we can look forward to (presumably) an entirely new batch of characters in the next game, that'll be pretty cool. The fact that they're getting the hang of utilizing the outdoors is a good sign, too, right? Wasn't that one of they big hurdles for taking the franchise to certain time periods/settings?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Finished AC3 last night. All I have to say is WTF?! Great game though. Might toy around with the naval missions now before shelving it. Maybe the MP. Not a huge priority though...

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Re: Assassin's Creed - Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Well that ending lacked. Kinda disappointing.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Still need to finish the last two sequences but between Hitman, various fighters, Black Ops II, Halo 4 and now Forza Horizon not sure when I will. Agh.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Spoilers regarding the game post-final sequence:

Spoiler: What the fuck are pivots or The Cloud? Anyone? I mean, I know they let me access "cheats" for the animus after Desmond's death, but who the hell is the person doing it? Has anyone else collected them all?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I still dont know what they are, I just ignore them.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    They're just cheats, the end.

flavor wise
    Spoiler:
    in the vita game, its made clear that abstergo leases out animus use to the public for recreation, which could be what the guy talking about them is referring to

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Spoiler: Yeah, I know they were cheats. But the fact that they basically introduce some unknown character that specifically has a reason for doing this obviously means that there's sooomething more to them. I couldn't care less about the cheats part. I wanna know what the story is with it.

This is Assassin's Creed we're talking about here. They wouldn't have made it a thing if it wasn't a thing worth bringing into the game. Specifically after the death of the main character, no less.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Assassin's Creed III: Hidden Secrets DLC

You know, I'm kind of disappointed in this news. I didn't waste money on the season pass but I find it rather appalling that they're releasing pre-order material as part of the pass. I'm glad it's being released since store exclusive things are a lame practice with no benefit to the company or consumer.

I have the Mayan Ruins and Sawtooth Sword DLC and yet to have used the sword or played the mission. Go fig.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    The Mayan Ruins thing was so weak...I didn't feel like I really did anything. I don't even use the sword that often. But really, them including the already-released DLC as the first part of the season pass. Inevitable, sure, but still. You'd think they would have at least made the first release something brand new, THEN roll out the stuff that was pre-order exclusive.

I still think I'll be saving some money by just buying some of the DLC as it comes. I have a feeling a good chunk of it will be multiplayer-oriented, and I haven't brought myself to play AC multiplayer yet, so I'll probably pass on new maps and costumes and junk. (Maybe I will after finals next week?)

But as long as they don't take a page from Uncharted 3's book and release a new map/patch/costume/anything every 45 fucking minutes, they're fine. :P

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    No thanks, I think I'm done after III.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I still have to get through Revelations and III, think I'll be giving the series a rest after that. Too many games to play and these haven't been at the top of my list for a while. I doubt I'll get through either of them before the next one comes out.
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 02-07-2013 at 02:52 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: Assassin's Creed - Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

I'm all for a new one - in 2014. Just wonder what they're going to do considering the ending of AC3.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    So, I hotly anticipate a japanese/ninja assassin's creed and i get pirates? such a slap in the face.

i'm sure it'll be good though.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Upon first reading it, I was hoping you'd jump in the Animus and take over Henry Rollins.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hey so this might be a good place to ask. I'm not reading the rest of the thread for fear of spoilers, but: I have been playing AC2, and I have Brotherhood in shrink wrap waiting to be played. My question is: should I bother? Or should I just jump straight to AC3 and return brotherhood to the store for credit? I'm somewhat interested in the stories and the bits of history, but I'm curious if it's worth my time.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    New details about AC IV:

- The main character is Edward Kenway, the father of Haytham Kenway from AC III. Described as 'a privateer, assassin, and occasional pirate'.
    - The game will be set in the Caribbean, with the player visiting multiple locations including Jamaica, Cuba, and the Bahamas.
    - Currently running current gen technology, though Ubisoft plans to also launch the game on the next gen consoles.
    - Darby McDevitt, whose previous credits include a few AC titles, is the lead scriptwriter.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury View Post
    Hey so this might be a good place to ask. I'm not reading the rest of the thread for fear of spoilers, but: I have been playing AC2, and I have Brotherhood in shrink wrap waiting to be played. My question is: should I bother? Or should I just jump straight to AC3 and return brotherhood to the store for credit? I'm somewhat interested in the stories and the bits of history, but I'm curious if it's worth my time.
    I enjoyed Brotherhood, I'd say it's worth playing since you won't get dick for it if you trade it in.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    What about Revelations? I guess what I'm curious about is whether the storyline continues throughout them (Even just the animus stuff and whatnot).

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Pirates? Looks like they want that Naval Shit everyone loved from III to be at the forefront. I didn't give a flying shit for those sequences, hated them to be honest. One reason why I'm still stuck at Sequence 11 I guess.

Not buying this. III was my last.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury View Post
    What about Revelations? I guess what I'm curious about is whether the storyline continues throughout them (Even just the animus stuff and whatnot).
    I haven't played Revelations yet but as far as I know the story continues through all of them.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Interesting that they went right for "4" instead of the tweener titles we're used to. You have to wonder if this will be a next gen title.

And its interesting competition for watch dogs, which is essentially a modern day assasilsins creed. One or the other will be pushed back, im sure.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    And its interesting competition for watch dogs, which is essentially a modern day assasilsins creed. One or the other will be pushed back, im sure.
    Hmmm I hadn't even really made that Watch Dogs - Assassin's Creed comparison...good catch. To be honest I'm more excited for Watch Dogs than I've ever been for any AC game; not saying they aren't good games...just my opinion.

Also, official details are to be announced Monday.

Game map:

Last edited by october_midnight; 02-28-2013 at 12:11 PM.