Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    5 minutes!!!!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    That was amazing.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Fuck. DEEPLY emotional, moving, and beautiful.

I don't quite know just yet how to put into words how I truly feel about the finale, or the show in general. But what I can say is that this show genuinely helped me cope with my own childhood traumas and mental baggage in a way that television shows typically don't do. This was a VERY important show and it makes me sad that it wasn't on more people's radars.

10/10

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I'm not gonna lie, I teared up at the end. I already love M83's song "Outro" and find it a deeply moving song. Now you add this whole show and everything leading up to this moment on top of it, sent me over the edge with emotions.

"I'm the king of my own land
    Facing tempests of dust, I'll fight until the end
    Creatures of my dreams raise up and dance with me!
    Now and forever, I'm your king!"

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Wonderful finale to a truly special television show. I'll miss it, but the story was told with a great end and important message of hope in dark times.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    A perfect ending. Exceeded all my expectations.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Me trying not to cry during final moments of Mr. Robot...

M83's Outro begins...

Credits roll...

As soon as it's over, me ready to watch Mr. Robot all over again...

Last edited by neorev; 12-23-2019 at 11:27 PM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Great ending although i felt like i was missing something somewhere, such a moving finale in any case.

Bravo Mr. Robot, fucking bravo!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Wow... TV is really becoming the new cinema, right?

Anyway, maybe silly association, but the 4th wall reminded me of Neverending story:
    "He has suffered with you. He went through everything you went through. And now, he has come here with you. He's very close. Listening to every word that we say."

Hello friend.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    In short, I was also absolutely leveled by that finale. It really didn’t jump the shark in any way wrapped things up as nicely as necessary. It was both more and less than all of my expectations, but in the best way. I recognized “Outro” the moment it started and barely managed to hold it together from that point. People were starting to rewatch the show from the start before the finale, but I feel like it’ll be much more rewarding to go back AFTER and look at everything again - this time with all the information you’d need. Gonna have to look into some of the supplemental material in Esmail’s books, too...

Also, I’d never really listened to the song’s lyrics before, but “Mr. Roboto” was hitting the nail on the head harder than I initially thought it was.

[Verse 1]
    You're wondering who I am (Secret, secret, I've got a secret)
    Machine or mannequin (Secret, secret, I've got a secret)
    With parts made in Japan (Secret, secret, I've got a secret)
    I am the modern man

[Verse 2]
    I've got a secret I've been hiding under my skin
    My heart is human, my blood is boiling, my brain IBM
    So if you see me acting strangely, don't be surprised
    I'm just a man who needed someone and somewhere to hide
    To keep me alive, just keep me alive
    Somewhere to hide to keep me alive

[Verse 3]
    I'm not a robot without emotions, I'm not what you see
    I've come to help you with your problems, so we can be free
    I'm not a hero, I'm not a savior, forget what you know
    I'm just a man whose circumstances went beyond his control
    Beyond my control, we all need control
    I need control, we all need control

[Verse 4]
    I am the modern man (Secret, secret, I've got a secret)
    Who hides behind a mask (Secret, secret, I've got a secret)
    So no one else can see (Secret, secret, I've got a secret)
    My true identity

[Bridge]
    Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto
    Domo (domo), domo (domo)
    Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto
    Domo (domo), domo (domo)
    Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto
    Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto
    Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto
    Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto
    (Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto) Thank you very much, Mr. Roboto
    (Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto) For doing the jobs that nobody wants to
    (Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto) And thank you very much, Mr. Roboto
    (Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto) For helping me escape just when I needed to
    (Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto) Thank you! Thank you, thank you!
    (Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto) I wanna thank you!
    (Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto) Please, thank you!
    (Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto) Ohhhh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
    Yaaaa-ahhhh!

[Verse 5]​
    The problem's plain to see
    Too much technology
    Machines to save our lives
    Machines dehumanize

[Verse 6]
    The time has come at last (Secret, secret, I've got a secret)
    To throw away this mask (Secret, secret, I've got a secret)
    Now everyone can see (Secret, secret, I've got a secret)
    My true identity

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I still don't know what 11:16 means.

Even elliot's hospital bracelet: when you add up the numbers in the date, you get 29. 2+9=11.
    And the time of admittance: 9:07. 9+7=16.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post

Even elliot's hospital bracelet: when you add up the numbers in the date, you get 29. 2+9=11.
    r/MrRobot is still going crazy about that damn number. A theory suggested that it was the time that Elliot jumped out of the window as a kid, and his head has been "stuck" at 11:16 ever since then.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    What a terrific ending to a truly underrated show.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    What a terrific ending to a truly underrated show.
    Yeah, no doubt.
    This, for me, is fucking S tier, and I actually think it's KIND of cool that not everyone knows about it, because millions will eventually discover it.

And I bet it will have a fandom in 2040.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Why is your avatar 11:11?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Yeah, no doubt.
    This, for me, is fucking S tier, and I actually think it's KIND of cool that not everyone knows about it, because millions will eventually discover it.

And I bet it will have a fandom in 2040.
    I was talking to my partner the other day about this actually, that at some point Netflix will more than likely acquire Mr Robot (Amazon is the only service streaming it at the moment I believe) and then It'll have a whole other second life.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    So, I finally caught up with this show and saw the rather amazing finale tonight. It's been a busy time for me in general with work, the holidays, and I've also been watching other shows (Watchmen, The Mandalorian, & Chernobyl, to name a few), so I'm a little late to the party, but wow! It's pretty crazy that the final episode began with me not really having any idea where they were ultimately going to go, and yet it ended with everything somehow making sense and the whole story being tied up in a neat little bow. That was honestly among the most satisfying series finales I've ever seen (the best being Breaking Bad). It was probably the most touching and emotional one I've seen. Also, I LOVED that the name of the episode was the final line in the episode (and series, for that matter), but when I read the episode titles online beforehand, it didn't have any significance – at least not until that moment, which also cleverly echoed back to the very first line in the first episode. Brilliant. Bravo!

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Diving deep into season 4 this week... Elliott running away from police in episode 5 might be the best footchase I've seen since French Connection II. And this chase ends under a bridge similar to one in French Connection I. Coincidence? Who the fuck knows with this show and its endless amount of tributes and references.
    Last edited by fillow; 03-13-2020 at 01:04 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Diving deep into season 4 this week... Elliott running away from police in episode 5 might be the best footchase I've seen since French Connection II. And this chase ends under a bridge similar to one in French Connection I. Coincidence? Who the fuck knows with this show and its endless amount of tributes and references.
    Wanna know what makes episode 5 even greater...

Did you realize episode 5 has no dialogue? Only at the very start, the main character says "It's ok, we don't have to talk," then no dialogue whatsoever until very end when another character shows up and says "We have to talk." The first time I watched it, I didn't even realize this happened.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Wanna know what makes episode 5 even greater...

Did you realize episode 5 has no dialogue? Only at the very start, the main character says "It's ok, we don't have to talk," then no dialogue whatsoever until very end when another character shows up and says "We have to talk." The first time I watched it, I didn't even realize this happened.
    Yeah, I thought it was a little corny at first, both with the last line and with all of the scenes where it makes no sense the characters aren't talking. But then I talked to a friend who had watched the whole season and didn't realize there was an episode with no dialogue, so it's impressive it was well done enough not to call attention to itself so much that it was obvious to everyone.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Yeah, I thought it was a little corny at first, both with the last line and with all of the scenes where it makes no sense the characters aren't talking. But then I talked to a friend who had watched the whole season and didn't realize there was an episode with no dialogue, so it's impressive it was well done enough not to call attention to itself so much that it was obvious to everyone.
    The way they pulled off interactions without dialogue is what made it not noticeable. I think they did an amazing job at it.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    The way they pulled off interactions without dialogue is what made it not noticeable. I think they did an amazing job at it.
    The moments that took me out of it were the cops chasing Elliot, where it seemed silly that they weren't saying anything, and most of the interaction between Darlene and the guard. Other than that, most of the episode was written where silence makes sense, like during the hack or by having characters texting each other while alone.

I'm a writer, so I get nitpicky about things, but it always bugs me when characters do something (or don't do something) simply because it needs to happen for the scene rather than it feeling true to life. Characters being quiet while they're breaking into a building makes perfect sense, while cops silently chasing someone feels really bizarre.

All of that said, I totally agree it was impressive, but not as impressive as the single shot episode from last season.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    The moments that took me out of it were the cops chasing Elliot, where it seemed silly that they weren't saying anything, and most of the interaction between Darlene and the guard. Other than that, most of the episode was written where silence makes sense, like during the hack or by having characters texting each other while alone.

I'm a writer, so I get nitpicky about things, but it always bugs me when characters do something (or don't do something) simply because it needs to happen for the scene rather than it feeling true to life. Characters being quiet while they're breaking into a building makes perfect sense, while cops silently chasing someone feels really bizarre.

All of that said, I totally agree it was impressive, but not as impressive as the single shot episode from last season.
    It's not really that characters didn't say anything, it's more some scenes cut to a position where you cannot hear the other characters talking, such as Darlene and the guard and it cutting to Elliot hiding and watching. They easily could be have a conversation we cannot hear. There seems to be an exchange, but we don't get to hear it cuz of our position. This also helps in your not realizing there's no dialogue.

Single shot episode was great too.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Isn't this in the 101s of filmmaking? If you can avoid dialogue and show your story through action, do it. They took it to extreme here, and like everybody else said, if you never noticed it then they did it right.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Isn't this in the 101s of filmmaking? If you can avoid dialogue and show your story through action, do it. They took it to extreme here, and like everybody else said, if you never noticed it then they did it right.
    They aced it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    No 4K! WTF?!
    Series in 4K is an extremely rare thing, even four years after the introduction of the UHD BD. Only a few seasons of GoT, Stranger Things and Westworld...

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I still can't believe there likely won't ever be a 4K release for Watchmen.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Came across this on reddit recently.

I knew Mac Qualye was influenced by Trent and his scores while writing everything for Mr Robot. But check out this Spotify playlist:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6r...z8XXLFqm5VHDui

It's ordered in a way where you can listen to the Mr Robot track, followed by what this guy believes is the original influence for the track. LOTS of Trent comparisons in here.