Thread: Random General Headlines

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    Plus, you know... The fact that when something horrible happens in an American school, your first thought isn't "knife"...
    And when something horrible happens in France (or anywhere) your first thought is muslim terrorists.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sallos View Post
    And when something horrible happens in France your first thought is muslim terrorists.
    I'm sorry, did I pinch a nerve, or was there a further point in stating the obvious there? Because I fail to see how that contradicts my statement. It actually supports it in that yes, this is the same phenomenon.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    I'm sorry, did I pinch a nerve, or was there a further point in stating the obvious there? Because I fail to see how that contradicts my statement. It actually supports it in that yes, this is the same phenomenon.
    I just find it interesting how, when something like this happens, the left wants it to be a gun violence issue, to push their agenda, same when the right wishes its muslims doing it, and the left wishing it was a white christian male, to push another agenda.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sallos View Post
    I just find it interesting how, when something like this happens, the left wants it to be a gun violence issue, to push their agenda, same when the right wishes its muslims doing it, and the left wishing it was a white christian male, to push another agenda.
    You mean that every political and ideological party sees any event through their own particular lens ? Groundbreaking.

But that wasn't my point. My point is that given the context it was fair to assume that someone had *shot* the school, just like it would be fair to assume that any instance of suicide bombing in France was motivated by salafism. The initial report was of a shooting. With, you know, a gun. Whether politics jumps on the bandwagon comes after the fact, after the initial reporting and let's face it, that's a thing they do.

That's a thing @DigitalChaos just did, again, ironically, since nobody here went the guns right route initially. The very thing he constantly chastises the left for, jumping on the bodies to plant his flag on it.
    Part of the left goes "should be less guns", part of the right says "they sure wish they had more guns now !". Speaking of France, I remember distinctly the guys on the US right going "see what happens when you restrict guns ?" right after the fact. It's nice to pretend to stand on some sort of moral high ground and to be above and beyond the herded masses. At least make an effort not to be blind on one side.