Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Haven't seen any of the new season. Wrapping up finals today and can finally binge. I've been waiting for this and it's finally here. So fucking pumped.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blaileen View Post
    Haven't seen any of the new season. Wrapping up finals today and can finally binge. I've been waiting for this and it's finally here. So fucking pumped.
    I'm not sure how much of this season has been spoiled for you but I cannot stress this enough: stay off social media (this thread included) until you watch the finale if you are not aware of the events.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    'Mandalorian' is trending on CNN's homepage and Kevin Smith wrote a teary-eyed instagram post regarding the finale, so I know I'm in for something significant, but I'm still in the dark. I'm gonna try and get to it this weekend so I can take off the social media blinders.

And yeah, I've scrolled past everything to make these posts. Keeping the blinders on for now. I know I'm treading dangerous waters.
    Last edited by Mr. Blaileen; 12-18-2020 at 03:15 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Kevin Smith wrote a teary-eyed post? what?!

:P

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Well that sure as fuck has to be the whole bag of tricks

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Just re-watched the last episode, I usually do one run in english and then one in German to see if I might have missed something not being a native english speaker. And even in a second viewing: Just wow!

I still have some minor gripes with the show here and there, but the post-credits scene is pretty much something I never knew I needed. And quite possibly among my most favorie Star Wars moments by far.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    twitter became a ever-tightening noose of spoilers so I had to close that tab. thanks to everyone here for keeping it close to the vest. I can't wait to get home, eat dinner, and watch the episode. two more hours!

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I said to myself I can probably wait to watch this finale, it's not like Spoiler: luke skywalker is going to show up or something

Welp

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Not sure what changed but they decided to release the Season 2 score as two volumes...Vol 1 is here and Vol 2 was supposed to be available today but I'm not seeing it just yet.
    This is the way

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I got so bored I just muted everything plus some people I know. I just have to remember to unmute them later I guess...lol

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    How is that possible?

It was an excellent finale but I don’t understand how that <spoiler free person> is around. Clone?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    How is that possible?

It was an excellent finale but I don’t understand how that <spoiler free person> is around. Clone?
    Remember, The Mandalorian takes place roughly 5 years after Return of the Jedi, but 25 years before the sequel trilogy with Rey, Finn, Poe, etc...

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    The jaded, beaten down SW fan in me does roll his eyes at the fact that Disney has a great thing with this (in theory) smaller story that was very much separate from the original saga. Just like I've rolled my eyes a bit when they can't resist to have Djarin take off his helmet & defy the rules that the source material tells us. But when everything is being executed so damn well otherwise in this series, and they stick the landing imo with two ballsy moves here (I'm including the credits scene as the 2nd...but really it's more like anywhere from 4-6 moves when you consider how badly they could have fucked up with a baby Yoda, bringing Boba Fett back, bringing in Ahsoka, etc), I forgive that other stuff. We have been so beaten down & insulted by the utter shit of the prequels/sequels that just experiencing pure, instinctual joy from this franchise is so friggin nice. I wondered if I even could anymore from SW before this series started. Sure, it's annoying that Disney just cannoooooottttt help themselves and feels compelled to connect seemingly everything despite the fans telling them repeatedly not to (same thing w/how they refuse to slow down overall with all these new properties despite that clearly being the smart move after the sequel abortions). But man, that was so unexpected and insane. And it works.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Remember, The Mandalorian takes place roughly 5 years after Return of the Jedi, but 25 years before the sequel trilogy with Rey, Finn, Poe, etc...
    Oh shit. Derrrrrp. I thought it took place after the new ones but no, it’s not called the Empire in 7-9–it’s The First Order. That’s where I messed up. Yikes. I’m not up on the Clone Wars series either but my friends claim a lot of this is being drawn from it.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    So, Maul is definitely dead in this timeline, right? I could actually picture him really well in one of the upcoming series. Really excited about where this might go, yet I'm still afraid that it's a tad too much what they are planning. Looks like a neverending story to me and I'm not sure if I want to stick around for 10 years like the MCU.

The 12-year-old in me really wants to dress up as a bounty hunter/Mandalorian now...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Great season and world building. This show is the best thing Disney has done with the license on film so far.

I wish they'd release blu-rays of the seasons so I can buy them.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    So, Maul is definitely dead in this timeline, right?

The 12-year-old in me really wants to dress up as a bounty hunter/Mandalorian now...
    Yep, Obi-Wan did him in for the last time in one of the Star Wars Rebels episodes.

Took place roughly 2 years before ANH/Battle of Yavin.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I can't wait for the DeepFake version by Shamook

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    That was very cool, but seeing a particular person post on twitter - since I didn't think to mute him - Spoiler: gave it away when I saw the X-wing. He didn't say anything to give it away directly, but it was so indirect that I thought of it immediately.

Very cool, glad they didn't let Gideon do the suicide thing. The Grogu story is over, I think. Some say otherwise:
    Spoiler: Mando and Grogu are still a pair. Otherwise, the end of the episode was just Luke marching Grogu to his death. We know what happens to Luke's students.

*cough*
    Last edited by allegate; 12-19-2020 at 10:59 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Got spoiled by Twitter, bastards. Thankfully got to watch my girlfriend freak out
    Spoiler: Think I would've clocked it by the gloved hand though
    Can't wait for ALL THE STAR WARS EVER coming soon, if it's being done as well as this of course.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Here's how it went at our house:
    Spoiler: x-wing appears, she says "oh is it gonna be Luke?" Both of us, "nah, they're not gonna do that." cloaked jedi... "oh shit, a green light-saber?? a black glove, on a right hand only???" I feel like they are really dancing around the line here between fan service and not, but i love it and i think the balance has been about right. The JJ vs Favreau meme above says it all really. Although, i can't personally confirm it hits for younger newer fans, being a 40 year old who grew up with the OT.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Guess we'd have to look up some numbers, but I wouldn't be too sure if The Mandalorian and all of what's to come is necessarily catered to bring in a younger audience... In fact, Rey has been the cause of alot of little girls to join the franchise and get obsessed with Star Wars. I can see that happening here due to Grogu/Baby Yoda as well, but not as much. The majority of people won't be able to identify with Din Djarin or Grogu as much as with Rey, Poe or Fynn.

But in the end, I'd have to agree that this is essentially what I always wanted to see from Star Wars and while I enjoyed every movie apart from Clones to some extent (really liked Rogue One and Solo), they really pull off a neat balance here. Personally I'd could do without some of the cameos and "Rangers of the New Republic" sounds alittle unnecessary to me, but I'm totally hooked on what's to come with Mando, Boba, Kenobi and some of the other stuff that's been announced.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    can't wait for season 3 or what ends up being season 3 after all this mumbo jumbo we learned of these past few days.
    could you elaborate on that? i don't think i know what you're talking about (assuming you're referencing something outside of the narrative of the show)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I think they clarified that S3 is separate from the Boba Fett show. I originally thought the Fett show was going to be how he got out of the Sarlacc but I guess not.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    could you elaborate on that? i don't think i know what you're talking about (assuming you're referencing something outside of the narrative of the show)
    From what I gathered, there is still no clear confirmation what "The Book of Boba Fett" is... a full fledged out show? A movie? A mini-series? And how or if it connects to the Mandalorian.

Guess it's pretty clear by now, but I was confused at first, that we will get a real season 3 with Mando alongside Boba, but the ending of season 2 somehow made it seem like the show is over with different music and no concept art. Yet, Pedro Pascal has signed onto season 3 and Esposito has talked about his future role in great lenght. Yet I cannot really wrap my mind around all the other shows connecting to one another just yet. We will see...
    Last edited by dlb; 12-21-2020 at 04:54 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    From what I gathered, there is still no clear confirmation what "The Book of Boba Fett" is... a full fledged out show? A movie? A mini-series? And how or if it connects to the Mandalorian.

Guess it's pretty clear by now, but I was confused at first, that we will get a real season 3 with Mando alongside Boba, but the ending of season 2 somehow made it seem like the show is over with different music and no concept art. Yet, Pedro Pascal has signed onto season 3 and Esposito has talked about his future role in great lenght. Yet I cannot really wrap my mind around all the other shows connecting to one another just yet. We will see...

The official Star Wars Facebook page cleared it up this morning – It's a new, separate show (as I suspected).

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Ah nice! So we can excpect some Mandalorian-Overkill next year around Christmas time!

Edit: Favreau goes a little more in depth on Good Morning America:

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    So we won't actually have the two shows on concurrently from what i understand, they're working on airing Book of Boba first and then production for Mando S3 resumes afterward. We won't see Din again (unless he makes an appearance in Boba's show) until like Fall 2022 sometime?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    We won't see Din again...until like Fall 2022 sometime?
    Seems correct.

Until December 2021 the flow of content may be a little dry but we may get a pretty steady stream of Favs / Filoni content in 2022 and beyond, assuming the plan is to do multiple seasons of each of the new series.