Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Sigil 03_: An omen EP_

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Just give me the lossless option and I'm fine. Oh, and a pdf with artwork wouldn't hurt, either.

Really looking forward to the new music. "The Sleep of Reaseon..." will most likely be an instrumental piece, me thinks.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I missed out on the first HTDA lp released, so this time I have pre-ordered it from Amazon.
    If they do decide to release something more interesting via their own store...by that I'm hoping for some more art and maybe a few autographs...then I shall cancel my amazon preorder. A photo book would be very interesting to accompany it all.
    From the sounds of what Rob has been hinting at hes been doing a lot of artistic type of work on this project.
    Its turning into an exciting fall already.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Has this been posted?
    Last edited by imail724; 09-24-2012 at 12:36 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Has this been posted?
    Holy crap thats amazing. If thats the vinyl artwork I'm gonna have to seriously consider it. Even knowing that I'll never own or want a record player. I'll wait and see if Rob was hinting at the ability to buy both download and vinyl through the website and if that is the case, yoink

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I'm not preordering because I want to see if there'll be a destroyangels.com exclusive, but it's so difficult not to hit that button on Amazon

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I think that may be the artwork..? Amazon is updated with it.

An ominous title, eerie artwork... track #6 "Speaking in tongues" has me freaked out a little too. I'm really curious to see what this track is.

Very interesting.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    The artwork is giving me 80s, grimey, early industrial feelings. I love it.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I'm not preordering because I want to see if there'll be a destroyangels.com exclusive, but it's so difficult not to hit that button on Amazon
    i would definitely wait until htda website is updated with ordering info. it can't be that far from being updated seeing as we have a 11/13 release date coming up here pretty quickly. i always prefer to order from the artists website. they may receive more $$ from the sales of their website as opposed to going through amazon, although i could be totally wrong about that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I wanna know what this EP is getting at with the artwork. I adore it though. I wonder if the video(s?) will shed any light or if it is just album art with no connection to anything else? So many damned questions, I must know!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    The music video for TSIB had Atticus watching an old CRT TV, and now all the art for this EP reflects CRT too. I wonder if there's a connection, or if I'm just smoking too much pot.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I have the preorder on Amazon anyway, but I'm gonna cancel it the moment destroyangels.com updates with pre-order info. They don't charge you until it ships, so I figured no harm done.

That art is sick. I can't wait to have it in my hands.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnoorum View Post
    I wanna know what this EP is getting at with the artwork. I adore it though. I wonder if the video(s?) will shed any light or if it is just album art with no connection to anything else? So many damned questions, I must know!
    FEAR. A warning of something dangerous. The band will be telling us about en event that has been happening and what will follow. You have a choice, happiness or disaster. The person in the image probably chose disaster. (divination)

I like how Sheepdean made a TV connection with the TSIB video and what we are seeing now. The image looks like someone in a fenced area with their arm in the air. Not sure what we are seeing in the bottom right corner.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Will there be an option to download the vinyl? I have a MakerBot 3D printer and have been eager to hear if Trent will be going this route.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    Really looking forward to the new music. "The Sleep of Reaseon..." will most likely be an instrumental piece, me thinks.
    Good call. I agree with the sentiment of not being terribly excited for an instrumental from HTDA (due only to the probability of it bearing too close a resemblance to Social Network/GDT/Ghosts). HOWEVER, like I believe sheepdean said, I'm way into an into instrumental from Destroy Angels if it means some lyric-less vox and any kind of nifty vocal manipulation/production that comes with it. Something along those lines would be welcome. In any case, I do think there's a distinction between the score work/Ghosts and the instrumentals that pepper NIN's catalogue, so I'm definitely open to an instrumental here or there from these guys.

The cover art is amazing. I love it - reminds me of that Rockstar game Manhunt. Seriously creepy and scary. The first EP had some downright creepy moments on "Space in Between" and "The Believers", and judging from the new art direction I can only guess that the new tunes will push the moody, horror sound... ideally with some "Fur Lined"-esque moments of danceability and catchiness?? So damn excited for November!
    Last edited by Deadpool; 09-24-2012 at 02:41 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post
    FEAR. A warning of something dangerous. The band will be telling us about en event that has been happening and what will follow. You have a choice, happiness or disaster. The person in the image probably chose disaster. (divination)

I like how Sheepdean made a TV connection with the TSIB video and what we are seeing now. The image looks like someone in a fenced area with their arm in the air. Not sure what we are seeing in the bottom right corner.
    I suppose the name kind of answered some of my questions. Still I wanna know if the video is gonna link in with this artwork kind of like the Survivalism single. Goddamn do these guys now how to build hype up

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Re: album cover
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post
    The image looks like someone in a fenced area with their arm in the air. Not sure what we are seeing in the bottom right corner.
    Looks like the person's head and torso.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *massive boner*

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Mariqueen just tweeted a HQ version of the art https://twitter.com/mariqueen/status.../photo/1/large

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cool artwork... I'm of two minds about it though. While the self-titled EP's artwork was bizarre and not very appealing, it at least established HTDA as a very separate entity from NIN, while the artwork for An Omen seems to hail much closer to YZ-era NIN... not sure how I feel about it yet. It's cool, just not original.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daegor View Post
    I've just going to leave this here, definitely the best moment of this thread.
    Clearly I meant "relieving" but botched. MY MISTAKE!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So if we pre-order the vinyl from Amazon, do we get an MP3 download as well, or not?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblong Cheese View Post
    So if we pre-order the vinyl from Amazon, do we get an MP3 download as well, or not?
    Wouldn't think so. Besides, amazon mp3s aren't even available here in Canada last time I checked (USA only?). Best thing to do is preorder from Amazon for now to secure a vinyl for yourself, then when it's up on HTDA official website order it there and cancel the Amazon one. I'm curious about shipping... sometimes Amazon ends up being less costly.

Even Rob said the official website is a better option, though we don't know what the reason is yet. Could be a download link for vinyl people.
    Last edited by blassster; 09-24-2012 at 06:41 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So basically, the cover is a mix of Pretty Hate Machine and Year Zero.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I see the parallels to YZ, but the difference to me is that the YZ art direction had a lot of digital corruption/glitches vs Omen's look of a distorted analog signal coming through an old TV.
    Last edited by blassster; 09-24-2012 at 07:13 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpenoctem View Post
    Cool artwork... I'm of two minds about it though. While the self-titled EP's artwork was bizarre and not very appealing
    Because all of Weavers shit looks the same

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    At first glance I honestly thought "Zombies". Haha.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Vinyl cover tweeted by Q

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    So basically, the cover is a mix of Pretty Hate Machine and Year Zero.
    More like the AATCHB promo art Rob did, with glitched text.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    notice she said vinyl edition. not just cover art. maybe they're doing a different one for each version again.