Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Drugs! Thread!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfkiller View Post
    I've got 2.3 songs left on Broken (awesome) then I'll do FDTS for you if I remember. Might need more first. Good idea thanks man!
    No problem!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    chain smoking full melt hash is the life. morning noon and night.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    I love my coworkers. This was an awesome gift.

This will be gaining a spot in my little container that looks a bit like birth control because of how I load it up.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Very slick.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    @tony.parente Did you get around to shooting up marijuana yet?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I want to get potted up on weeds. I had the chance the other day when I met some friends of friends having a picnic in the park but I'm a paranoid mess and opted out because I generally don't like getting high with strangers, oh well. Edit- much less in public!!

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaro View Post
    @tony.parente Did you get around to shooting up marijuana yet?
    >2015
    >doing drugs in the year of our lord
    >kek

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    White chocolate covered oreos are the best.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    is us national library of medicine a trusted site? in terms of informative / general reference purposes? or is it gov / pharm propaganda bullshit? i'd like to know if anyone uses this source before i read on...
    Last edited by ldopa; 11-07-2015 at 01:31 AM.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ldopa View Post
    is us national library of medicine a trusted site? in terms of informative / general reference purposes? or is it gov / pharm propaganda bullshit? i'd like to know if anyone uses this source before i read on...
    I'm sorry. Did you actually just log on to THIS MESSAGEBOARD OF RANDOM STRANGERS ON THE INTERNET, click on the "[recreational] drugs thread", and ask us all whether or not you should trust your country's National Library of Medicine? Wow, America is fucked up.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Hahaha.

But BIG PHARMA HERP A DERP.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I'm sorry. Did you actually just log on to THIS MESSAGEBOARD OF RANDOM STRANGERS ON THE INTERNET, click on the "[recreational] drugs thread", and ask us all whether or not you should trust your country's National Library of Medicine? Wow, America is fucked up.
    you guys are informed random strangers though. drugs are drugs, there is nothing in this thread title that indicates only fun stuff is permitted to talk about. i just wanted to know if anyone uses this source. obviously you don't (being from canada,) HOWEVER, you don't have to insult me or my country because i asked a perfectly valid question. smug fucking asshole.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Since you asked... here's my informed opinion: if you trust doctors, and librarians, and science, then maybe you should trust the national library of medicine. Or don't! It's a free country, after all.
    Last edited by botley; 11-07-2015 at 06:21 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Since you asked... here's my informed opinion: if you trust doctors, and librarians, and science, then maybe you should trust the national library of medicine. Or don't! It's a free country, after all.
    this is not an informed opinion. it's a judgmental and egotistical one.

asking if someone trusts a reference site isn't a big deal. the answer is: "yes, this is a decent site" or: "nah, this site hasn't told me anything i don't already know." you decided to be outraged that i asked what people think. fuck you and the horse you rode in on.

i trust two of the three you mentioned, have fun losing sleep thinking over the one i don't trust. OR DON'T IT'S A FREEEEE COUNTRY AFTER ALLLLLLLLLLLL.
    Last edited by ldopa; 11-08-2015 at 04:16 AM.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    It's such a relief that internet drama is only sub human shit, I'd hate to see us decent folks go down that path...

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    @Idopa , I did a test and looked up marijuana and while it told the stuff about government and it's illegal uses it did talk about its reported medical uses. So, that to me shows it isn't pure propaganda bullshit you're fearing. I think you just need to dive in and do the research and be the judge of if it's trust worthy or not and perhaps find national library of medicine of other countries?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Well, it is intended for medical use, not recreational use. I use it when my doctor prescribes something and I want to know the potential side effects, etc. I do legal research for a living and I find it very useful and reputable; but the "inside joke" here by people who have been here a long time is that certain conspiracy theorists will say "no no, that site is propaganda and you can't trust it" which I don't believe, personally. Also, your own physicians will tell you most of the "potential" side effects have to be taken with a grain of salt because most of them are rare and are listed for legal CYA reasons; hypochondriacs can and will suffer from all of them, and you can find forums on the internet full of people who swear they have suffered from every single side effect and some they have invented. There are a handful of common side effects, a few less common side effects, and then the rest are very rare side effects. For instance, I am on Topiramate and most of those side effects relate to the relatively high dose given to seizure patients, but NOT to the much much lower dose given to migraine patients. As with anything on the internet, a little research is good but too much information in the wrong hands (hypochondriacs) is not good.

The intention of this thread is "recreational" drugs, though (as indicated by the first post, which was carried over from the thread on the now-dead board).
    Last edited by allegro; 11-08-2015 at 01:56 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    i was looking into the side affects of prednisone. which is not recreational. so i'll stay out of this thread. have fun smoking shatter and talking about it over and over again everyone.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    what's your problem, idopa? you've barely been here for two months, you post primarily in this and the drunk thread, and you get hostile when it isn't called for.

wait. i answered my own question.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    i joined ets in 07 and re joined two months ago. i'm hostile because my name is LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL dopa
    my post got attacked and i defended myself, plain and simple.
    i'm a mouthy bitch.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    calm your ass down, beyonce. no one is taken aback by your self-appointed "sassiness." we already have a resident beyotch in @slavetothewage. and he's earned it.

be nice.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    i am quite nice, when others are nice to me. and sassy is the last adjective i would describe myself as. (too girly)

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    "got attacked"

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0f3d View Post
    we already have a resident beyotch in @slavetothewage. and he's earned it.
    Well, to be fair, that's our First Class Beyatch. Don't even try to compete.

And @Idopa, you got "attacked" (derided really, but whatever word of your picking suits you) for not paying attention to your environment. Wisest attitude in such cases is to acknowledge your mistake, have a giggle at the misunderstanding and back down.
    As far as your 07 membership goes, nobody cares. I'm 05, and as far as everyone's concerned, I'm pretty much new. You're a rookie too.
    The forum has changed, the people have changed, the mentality has changed. You've just registered to a new forum, fundamentally.
    Do as you wish, but you probably should act accordingly, and get to know the place before you start picking fights left and right.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    My first, best strategy in this vicious attack on America was throwing some dank Internet shade. Unfortunately, my deep respect for American medical professionals and associated bodies of accumulated scientific study got in the way!

I apologize for offending you, ldopa. Won't happen again.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    oh man, im so high right now

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Has anyone here fucked with and liked a portable vaporizer for *bud*? I know there are 8 billion ones for wax and such now, but I don't know anyone in NYC who makes it.

I had what I think was one of the first portable ones on the face of the earth. Lolll... That bitch ran on butane, and EVERYTHING tasted like butane. It took forever to heat up, etc. But i'm guessing that this was close to 10 years ago now, so surely there have been some improvements.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    I hate shady-ass job interviewers who skirt the law about disclosure of misdemeanor convictions.

Every time it came up in Chicago (i.e. the vast majority of my work history), it was always on the job application form itself with a footnote about which convictions were exempt from the inquiry, but here in New Hampshire (LIVE FREE or die, w00t), I was caught off guard being asked about it in person at the end of an otherwise successful interview.

What they asked, specifically, was if I'd EVER been convicted of any charge beyond traffic violations.

Now, if I'm not mistaken, they're not supposed to ask about ANYTHING older than five years prior to the application except for felonies, right?

But I figured they'd probably do a background check regardless and didn't think it would improve things to be caught in a lie, so I went ahead and told them about my Class B misdemeanor from 1997. Although I've been arrested four times in total (all for drugs!), it's the only charge that stuck. Fucking WIN, btw!

So, thanks to their probably illegal line of questioning mixed with their hypocritical "law abiding workplace and integrity," I've just gotten myself red-flagged for a conviction nearly 20 years ago for smoking a plant in college before it was legalized and/or decriminalized in like half the fucking nation.

Ugh.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    just for a fresh zip of shatter. one of the better feelings out there

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Has anyone here fucked with and liked a portable vaporizer for *bud*? I know there are 8 billion ones for wax and such now, but I don't know anyone in NYC who makes it.

I had what I think was one of the first portable ones on the face of the earth. Lolll... That bitch ran on butane, and EVERYTHING tasted like butane. It took forever to heat up, etc. But i'm guessing that this was close to 10 years ago now, so surely there have been some improvements.
    How portable are you looking for? I've got this one and I love it but it might be too large for some people's taste:
    http://www.vapecritic.com/vaporizers/mighty/
    That website has a ton of different reviews, should be able to find something just right for you. I had a Pax prior and it was decent and more discreet but I prefer the Mighty.

(Edit: I've read that many of the pen style vapes made for dry herbs aren't actually vaporizing, they combust the plant with a high heat like a flame would. If you're not concerned about that you'll have more options. But if health and efficiency are concerns, definitely do some research before you make your choice.)
    Last edited by Wolfkiller; 12-30-2015 at 11:25 AM.