Page 184 of 263 FirstFirst ... 84 134 174 182 183 184 185 186 194 234 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,520 of 7887

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorast View Post
    I'm not seeing that anywhere. Where is that showing up for you?
    Apple Music, for one

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Must be gradual then. Not seeing it on Amazon or Spotify yet.

Is it at least a good copy of the CD cover, or is it shitty like the Undertow cover?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Tool

Quote Originally Posted by gorast View Post
    Must be gradual then. Not seeing it on Amazon or Spotify yet.

Is it at least a good copy of the CD cover, or is it shitty like the Undertow cover?
    It’s better. Decent resolution. Though I prefer the vinyl cover if it’s not animated.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    the new song bored me to tears.
    I believe you forgot to check off the "tear" checkbox here, good sir.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 08-10-2019 at 02:48 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Ok, after about 20 listens, this has grown on me significantly.
    My initial reaction was : this feels like a meandering jam, with both Maynard and the band noodling around, reusing familiar melodic and rythmic pattern and with not much in terms of hooks. Production-wise, everything is crystal clear, much clearer than ever before, to the point I thought they lost some of the chaos and power.

But I persevered and, as I'm starting to understand the structure better, I'm catching hooks that I hadn't even noticed initially.
    It's definitely a weird choice for a single, and feels much more like a deep cut... After listening to Descending a lot, I feel like that would have been a more immediate single. Actually with 7 songs all over 10 minutes long, I'm expecting the album to be all "deep cuts" which to me, for Tool, are usually the longest and most intricate songs on each record (Pushit, Third Eye, Disposition/Reflection/Triad, Wings For Marie/10 000 days, Rosetta Stoned). They require more effort but they are also more rewarding and usually end being my favorites in the long run.

Although I still feel like Maynard especially is holding back a little and the choruses aren't quite as cathartic as they could be, and although I still think it's slightly overproduced, this song has plenty of truly beautiful and powerful moments.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    They all feel like meandering jams, they probably are all basically meandering jams, perhaps recorded while waiting for Maynard to show up

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Really like the song. There are some subtle rhythmic nods their past which are neat to hear (Eulogy, 46&2, etc.). And Justin and Danny totally own this. In my opinion however, the only thing that prevents this from being top tier Tool is the lack of a vocal release or crescendo. That’s what used to make Tool so special. But now that Maynard doesn’t really “go for it” anymore, I am still waiting for that big holy shit moment. And it never comes...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure View Post
    Really like the song. There are some subtle rhythmic nods their past which are neat to hear (Eulogy, 46&2, etc.). And Justin and Danny totally own this. In my opinion however, the only thing that prevents this from being top tier Tool is the lack of a vocal release or crescendo. That’s what used to make Tool so special. But now that Maynard doesn’t really “go for it” anymore, I am still waiting for that big holy shit moment. And it never comes...
    I know, he plays it safe on Descending and Invincible too.

Id say so far Invincible is probably my favorite of the three.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Graz View Post
    Ænima artwork has been updated to the cd version.
    Oh boy, another shitty CD scan.

I guess I should be glad that no one's agreed to allow animated album art to be embedded in online music yet.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post

I guess I should be glad that no one's agreed to allow animated album art to be embedded in online music yet.
    They do on Spotify...at least when it's playing.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    The eyes are cool and all, but I've always preferred the all white version of the smokebox.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Question about Stinkfist that I’ve been meaning to ask for pretty much ever: what instrument(s) is playing at the very beginning of the song? I’ve tried making it out during live shows but it seems pre-recorded.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post

You do realize that the entire purpose of music is to be consumed through the ears, correct? I've never seen someone get so up in arms about the freaking artwork.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    You do realize that the entire purpose of music is to be consumed through the ears, correct? I've never seen someone get so up in arms about the freaking artwork.
    Welcome to Echoing the Sound. I'm your host, and I'm a weirdo.

You're right, Tool have never worried about visual presentation, they're all about ears. Silly me!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Question about Stinkfist that I’ve been meaning to ask for pretty much ever: what instrument(s) is playing at the very beginning of the song? I’ve tried making it out during live shows but it seems pre-recorded.
    I’m pretty sure it’s all sampled. Ænima has a pretty prominent industrial influence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Haha I don't think Adam would be cool with the failed scans. Someone must be having a bad week. Either way, I am sure they'll eventually be corrected.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    It's tablas run through distortion. I forget how I stumbled across that (I think I might have been running a tabla sample through distortion myself) but after I learned that, I was like, "Duh, of course that's what it is."

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Tool

Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Nice find!! I see the number 7 pops up again (at track 7, no less). I also think “Evolve” sounds like such a Tool song title. I’m really curious what makes up that extra 10 minutes of music in the download...

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    @imail724 I'm not seeing that on Merchbar's page for FI, how did you find that? I'm questioning its legitimacy, but those names do sound convincing enough.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 08-10-2019 at 05:06 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    @imail724 I'm not seeing that on Merchbar's page for FI, how did you find that? I'm questioning its legitimacy, but those names do sound convincing enough.
    Yeah someone posted this on Reddit, and then I noticed people mentioning its not on Merchbar. So either this is fake, or MB fucked up and posted it early then removed it quickly. We'll have to wait and see.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Yeah someone posted this on Reddit, and then I noticed people mentioning its not on Merchbar. So either this is fake, or MB fucked up and posted it early then removed it quickly. We'll have to wait and see.
    Which thread on Reddit were they discussing it in? I'm surprised this didn't get its own thread. Unless they did and it also get taken down?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Which thread on Reddit were they discussing it in? I'm surprised this didn't get its own thread. Unless they did and it also get taken down?
    Weird, it was literally just there. Guess it was taken down. Hmm....

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Weird, it was literally just there. Guess it was taken down. Hmm....
    Weird. That kinda makes it seen legit again. Maybe MB did jump the gun, but acted quickly to correct their mistake & cover their ass. Huh.
    Well, if it was a fake, it was the most convincing one I've seen so far, by far.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 08-10-2019 at 05:21 PM.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Okay wut? How are MB charging 97.00 for this??

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Nice find!! I see the number 7 pops up again (at track 7, no less). I also think “Evolve” sounds like such a Tool song title. I’m really curious what makes up that extra 10 minutes of music in the download...

My guess is the Opiate (song) re-recording

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    My guess is the Opiate (song) re-recording
    Yeah, that’s the popular guess on Reddit and FourthEye, but I’m not so sure. I don’t know that THIS is the appropriate place for that to be released. I’m hoping for a bonus track, but it’s probably another Lustmord remix or something haha.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Speaking of Lustmord...

I bought the three DVDs because I didn't have them (my son was born around that time so I was busy) and promptly forgot the existed. This release brought them back into the fore so I started looking for them and was shocked that they were all on Amazon for less than $10. So I bought them all and they arrived the next day and lo and behold they're all official releases, not bootlegs. Cool.

Anyway, I quickly ripped the audio from each because I wanted to listen to the remixes and holy cow the mixing on these things is quiet. And tinny. I am shocked at how bad they sound. I had to turn my player up to 30 to listen to them and usually I'm around the 15 area.

Oh and the double audio for the commentaries was funny until I was like...how do I listen to these? (hot tip - take one of the headphones out, duh) but then I just thought about how would you do that on a television?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Hmmm.. looks like Maynard talking about the number 7 and the new album could relate to:

https://www.instagram.com/p/rCweIeqKBD/?hl=en
    Still think this will factor in somehow.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    To honor the late Prince, they’re doing a cover...