Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Random General Questions

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Is there a right way to eat a banana in front of male colleagues?

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Sideways..

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ophelia_ View Post
    by staring at them like you're going to bite off their junk the way you bite off pieces of the banana...

idunno, i hate bananas. popsicles, on the other hand, i like those...

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Stare them right in the eyes.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    This is the only way:

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    popsicles, on the other hand, i like those...
    Now I'm thinking about this scene from Jawbreaker...

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5...6r0wo1_500.gif

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Now I'm thinking about this scene from Jawbreaker...

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5...6r0wo1_500.gif
    you should see the things i can do with a popsicle...makes me sad i've had so few experiences with cocks...

how do i always end up talking about sex OUTSIDE of the fucking thread?!?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Yes... I think we should see the things you can do with a popsicle. (pics or it didn't happen, hurr hurr)

Eh, it's a talent. The guy I'm kinda seeing at the moment told me the other day that if I had a superpower, it would be turning normal conversation into something sexual. I guess you also share that superpower. Haha.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    My car won't start and I think it may either be an issue with my starter or my battery. I was able to confirm the alternator DOES turn when it's starting so I don't think that's the issue. I put a video up on fb with me trying to start the car...any ideas you think? I haven't tried jumping it yet, i'll do that when I get home though. and when I let the car sit overnight the first time I try starting it, it sounds like the engine turns once or twice and then that sound kicks in again.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152122216232831

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Well, being that the alt/generator is good, then starter is the next logical leap without having it hooked up to a diag computer. If i may ask, whats the year, model and engine size?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    In vampire movies, why do they always take the traditional means of dealing with vampires such as wooden stakes through the heart and crosses. Why haven't they just introduced them to methamphetamine's until their teeth fall out?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Your Name Here View Post
    In vampire movies, why do they always take the traditional means of dealing with vampires such as wooden stakes through the heart and crosses. Why haven't they just introduced them to methamphetamine's until their teeth fall out?
    They've resorted to other methods on TV. See: True Blood, S1E3; True Blood, S6E6; True Blood, S7; Angel, S4E15.

I'm actually kinda scared I know that.

Oh! I almost forgot my favorite non-traditional vampire death:
    Last edited by Baphomette; 07-22-2014 at 01:47 AM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Baphomette View Post
    They've resorted to other methods on TV. See: True Blood, S1E3; True Blood, S6E6; True Blood, S7; Angel, S4E15.

I'm actually kinda scared I know that.
    Ive never watched True Blood I was referring to movies, but a toothless vampire would solve the problem. It's kind of like atheists they wouldn't exist if anybody ever had an erection that lasted longer than four hours.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Your Name Here View Post
    It's kind of like atheists they wouldn't exist if anybody ever had an erection that lasted longer than four hours.
    wait... what?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I tried the search bar, is there a kink thread hiding somewhere I can't find, or does it all go in the fucking thread.
    Last edited by somethingelse; 07-22-2014 at 11:42 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raygunprimed View Post
    I tried the search bar, is there a kink thread hiding somewhere I can't find, or does it all go in the fucking thread.
    The Alternative Sexuality Thread

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Do free music streaming apps such as Pandora, iHeartRadio, Spotify, Slacker, and Milk Music let you stream podcasts like The Nerdist, Doug Loves Movies, The Bugle etc? If so, which one is the best overall?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Anyone have experience with ordering flowers internationally? I know FTD and Teleflora handle oversea orders but their selection is limited. Looking for something cooler.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Just search for a florist wherever that person lives and sift through. I've done it before with other things.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Advice plz:

So, there is a girl in our group of friends I'm kinda weird about. And I'm not in the right with this and want to get over it somewhat.

Context: She is the biggest flake I know. Like, will say she's going to something NEVER SHOW UP and NEVER SAY ANYTHING. We aren't close, and her doing this to me a few times a while ago pretty much made me conclude that we weren't friends and she didn't super give a fuck about me. Kinda soured me on her. I have openly discussed this at one point with a few people we mutually know.

She is incredibly positive to the point of bragging. One of those "Yeah, my life is amazing. Did I mention my life is amazing? Look how amazing my life is." people.

She's openly intolerant of lameness from people in her life and can be really publicly harsh about it.

She's good friends with my boyfriend, who is really attracted to her. (I also find her really attractive, she's gorgeous, but my weirdness around shit mutes that a lot. Since I'd be kind of a jerk to be super attracted to someone I felt this way about. Also she has a tendency to be pretty promiscuous and not pretty responsible, and while that's fine for her, it's a turn off.) I kind of feel when they initially became friends he wasn't *quite* as clear about his attraction to her to me as he should have been, though it over time became really evident. That may just be me being weird. Very likely. She respects both of us and would never do anything shitty (I assume), though she obviously trusts my boyfriend to be the one to set those boundaries. She's one of the only people in our relationship I've gotten a bit jealous and insecure over.

For a bit, he'd crash at her place when they'd hang out and sleep in her bed with her, and they'd cuddle. I thought I was fine with it at first, but eventually I realized I felt like he was doing what he *could* with someone he was attracted to and I didn't consider it very platonic. Up until recently (we're dating a married couple and things are pretty functional and nice), we'd been monogamous for a while and I realized I was justifying it in my head from the same place I'd be cool with him doing other stuff with her. Poly shit. We weren't poly. So I told him I wasn't cool with them cuddling anymore. And that is what it is. My reasons are pretty reasonable and solid and I provide that as context, not as a thing I'm confused by my being uncool with it. I get it.

But anyway, she's invited me to things through him, and once even offered to chill with me one on one and I just end up getting avoidant and weird.

My boyfriend says he's giving up on us being friends and I don't know! I feel like it's disingenuous to seek hanging out with someone I've gotten so weird around. I don't have a problem with her. Or at least my weirdness isn't a specific issue. But, if we become friends it should be something natural.

And I just feel weird around her and I'd like to get over it because she's (in spite of being a gigantic flake which I'm not gonna become cool with) a good person and I don't want to be so negative about shit.
    Last edited by playwithfire; 09-08-2014 at 06:13 AM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    Advice plz:

So, there is a girl in our group of friends I'm kinda weird about. And I'm not in the right with this and want to get over it somewhat.

Context: She is the biggest flake I know. Like, will say she's going to something NEVER SHOW UP and NEVER SAY ANYTHING. We aren't close, and her doing this to me a few times a while ago pretty much made me conclude that we weren't friends and she didn't super give a fuck about me. Kinda soured me on her. I have openly discussed this at one point with a few people we mutually know.

She is incredibly positive to the point of bragging. One of those "Yeah, my life is amazing. Did I mention my life is amazing? Look how amazing my life is." people.

She's openly intolerant of lameness from people in her life and can be really publicly harsh about it.

She's good friends with my boyfriend, who is really attracted to her. (I also find her really attractive, she's gorgeous, but my weirdness around shit mutes that a lot. Since I'd be kind of a jerk to be super attracted to someone I felt this way about. Also she has a tendency to be pretty promiscuous and not pretty responsible, and while that's fine for her, it's a turn off.) I kind of feel when they initially became friends he wasn't *quite* as clear about his attraction to her to me as he should have been, though it over time became really evident. That may just be me being weird. Very likely. She respects both of us and would never do anything shitty (I assume), though she obviously trusts my boyfriend to be the one to set those boundaries. She's one of the only people in our relationship I've gotten a bit jealous and insecure over.

For a bit, he'd crash at her place when they'd hang out and sleep in her bed with her, and they'd cuddle. I thought I was fine with it at first, but eventually I realized I felt like he was doing what he *could* with someone he was attracted to and I didn't consider it very platonic. Up until recently (we're dating a married couple and things are pretty functional and nice), we'd been monogamous for a while and I realized I was justifying it in my head from the same place I'd be cool with him doing other stuff with her. Poly shit. We weren't poly. So I told him I wasn't cool with them cuddling anymore. And that is what it is. My reasons are pretty reasonable and solid and I provide that as context, not as a thing I'm confused by my being uncool with it. I get it.

But anyway, she's invited me to things through him, and once even offered to chill with me one on one and I just end up getting avoidant and weird.

My boyfriend says he's giving up on us being friends and I don't know! I feel like it's disingenuous to seek hanging out with someone I've gotten so weird around. I don't have a problem with her. Or at least my weirdness isn't a specific issue. But, if we become friends it should be something natural.

And I just feel weird around her and I'd like to get over it because she's (in spite of being a gigantic flake which I'm not gonna become cool with) a good person and I don't want to be so negative about shit.
    I can't stand people hiding behind being a flake when really they are just being disrespectful to other people's time and attention. I totally get why you're not 'chill' with her. You are extermely reluctant to put any of your time (power) into her hands because you don't trust that she would come through and actually show up. Forget about her being nice everywhere else. There's no excuse on that. My X was late for everything and never got that it was disrespectful of other people's time - full stop.

Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire
    Up until recently (we're dating a married couple and things are pretty functional and nice), we'd been monogamous for a while and I realized I was justifying it in my head from the same place I'd be cool with him doing other stuff with her. Poly shit. We weren't poly. So I told him I wasn't cool with them cuddling anymore. And that is what it is. My reasons are pretty reasonable and solid and I provide that as context, not as a thing I'm confused by my being uncool with it. I get it.
    So, you not poly now? If so, aren't you talking about cheating?

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    We're kinda team poly now, we only play together, but I explained that thing as an example of me getting sorta weird about her. The quote with emphasis: "I provide that as context, *not* as a thing I'm confused by my being uncool with it." I was being rambly so I get that part being confusing. I was cool with it because of stuff like "I want him to be happy, why shouldn't he be able to enjoy blah blah" ... that whole mentality. One I'd have if we were poly. We weren't. I eventually changed my mind. He was doing something fairly intimate with another person, not sexual, that I'd okayed. Eventually I took that back. No hard feelings for him doing anything before. Not cheating. Not something I got upset with him for at all.

I do think her flakiness is what soured me on stuff in the first place. But now in situations where she's the one reaching out to me and I get really EHHHHH... I guess I wish I was more down to be closer with her and didn't feel weird. :/ Like, she invited me to her birthday party and I declined. Mostly cuz it was expensive but also I got a little weird. She invited me to watch Doctor Who when she invited my boyfriend, through him. I was like "It's in Greenpoint and also ehhh." I just get negative and weird and I want to get over this somewhat.

I don't even mind people being late. I have similar issues. She'd literally like RSVP to shit and NEVER SHOW UP and never even comment on her absence or say anything about not being able to make it... ever. So bad.

And yes, I'm someone who processes her feels externally so shit like this really helps me figure my shit out.
    Last edited by playwithfire; 09-08-2014 at 09:48 AM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    all i can say is that my experience with being poly was fucking gut wrenching emotionally hard and ultimately took a kind of strength that i didnt have, and therefore utlimately became and excercise in beautiful mutual destruction.
    I know that's not what you are talking about here, but you say you are processing things externally to figure shit out.

so i'm gonna say it...are you SURE that deep down her flakiness is the problem?

whatever the case, i say don't roll with motherfuckers who seem off to you, period. they WILL hurt you eventually.

this is just from my fucked up experiences.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    It's been quite a while now but somehow my cats have fleas. Can anyone recommend which flea medicine to use? I seem to recall safety issues with either Frontline or Advantage.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    It's been quite a while now but somehow my cats have fleas. Can anyone recommend which flea medicine to use? I seem to recall safety issues with either Frontline or Advantage.
    Personally, I'd use only what I got from my cat vet. I know I can only use Frontline on my dog because Advantage on my dog can kill the cats.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I used Advocate as prevention; you have to get it from the vet but it works.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone have a recommendation for stopping post-sunburn peeling? I had The Girls on full display during a concert last weekend and got horribly burnt. I thought I got to my after-sun lotion in time, but I noticed some little dry spots this morning.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eos View Post
    Does anyone have a recommendation for stopping post-sunburn peeling? I had The Girls on full display during a concert last weekend and got horribly burnt. I thought I got to my after-sun lotion in time, but I noticed some little dry spots this morning.
    As far as I know, once your burnt, there's no way to prevent the peeling. The dead skin's gotta go somewhere.
    That's one reason why I haven't put myself in a real position to burn in years. I always wear long pants and sleeves in the summer and use way more sun screen than is strictly necessary on the few bits that do show. If my sleeves are rolled up, I sunscreen the shit out of by forearms.

The best I can recommend is to use a lot of good quality lotion to at least keep your dry spots moisturized. I haven't ben truly sunburned in probably more than ten years, so I really don't know if it'll help you a hundred percent or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Prowler View Post
    As far as I know, once your burnt, there's no way to prevent the peeling. The dead skin's gotta go somewhere.
    That's one reason why I haven't put myself in a real position to burn in years. I always wear long pants and sleeves in the summer and use way more sun screen than is strictly necessary on the few bits that do show. If my sleeves are rolled up, I sunscreen the shit out of by forearms.

The best I can recommend is to use a lot of good quality lotion to at least keep your dry spots moisturized. I haven't ben truly sunburned in probably more than ten years, so I really don't know if it'll help you a hundred percent or not.
    I have a shit ton of body cream, so I've been using that. Keeping it moisturized seems to be the only thing that helps. I was hoping that exfoliation would do the trick, but that just seems to make the peeling worse.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eos View Post
    I have a shit ton of body cream, so I've been using that. Keeping it moisturized seems to be the only thing that helps. I was hoping that exfoliation would do the trick, but that just seems to make the peeling worse.
    Well, now you know for future reference! Also, the other tip I know for irritated, itchy skin (sunburn, bug bites, things of that nature) is to slap it to alleviate itching instead of scratching it and making it worse. A nurse told me that years ago when I had poison ivy on my arm.